The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Hell Hole that is Home
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
Cerek
Parallel Realities and Factbooks I_vote_lcapParallel Realities and Factbooks I_voting_barParallel Realities and Factbooks I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Parallel Realities and Factbooks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parallel Realities and Factbooks Empty Parallel Realities and Factbooks

Post by The Grey October 13th 2015, 4:44 pm

We're all aware of the use of "parallel universes" and their popular use as a way to refresh many comic narratives over the ages.  We are also aware of the use of parallel worlds to tell a story with more drastic differences from primary canon such as the Marvel Noir and DC's Red Scare arc.

I believe their already is a way to do this in SHRP.  What we do not have is an ordered way of doing this.  Say we make a "Western" themed AU thread, using AU versions of Guerrero.  Some time later we try another Western UA thread and we bring back Guerrero as a gunfighter...If these two topics share canon, it could prove difficult to keep facts staight.

My idea is this:
We could establish a true Parallel Universe subforum which draws basic information (the excistance of metahumans, magic, aliens, etc), but can then be modifed to change rules in some way, such as: place heroes and villains in alternative eras, modern distopic Alt Canon, or perhaps several random worlds where any given PC had a chance to be born the opposite gender...for no particular reason...

To keep these worlds straight, there could be a factbook.  A pinned topic could list universes that have been accepted as "alt canon" or topics could be set aside in a sub...subforum.  Topics would list things like Year and Location, some rules associated with said universe. accessable tech and miscellaneous information.  There would probably need to be some sort of universal code system.  Posts taking place in parallel worlds could be labelled to identify which world(s) they are tied to.  Ie.  the Western univers could be called "PR-1860", signifying the likely year it takes place (they could be other early Industrial characteristics in the Urban settings, allowing it to share continuity with Steam-Punk ideas).

Similar to the above, there would be topics to contain PR versions of the various characters.  Each topic would contain the information on versions of a single character with each post containing info one that charater from one alt canon.  For example: "Guerrero PR-1860" could be a gunfighter like out of the old tv westerns; changes to his history and gear would reflect the alt setting.  Since these alt charas already have their strengths and weaknesses established, moderation would be more relaxed than in primary canon and could be left open for regular adding and modification.  What moderation is needed could be handled via PM or chat.

Whether PR topics contribute Exp will be completely up to mods and Admins.

TL;DR:
1)Create a standardized system for Parallel universes with "tie-in" ID code
2)A factbook containing info on Parallel Universe settings
3)Factbook with topics listing Parallel Characters with altered-yet-similar characteristics

So, there is the idea.  Questions? Comments? Concerns?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corey Jardin (The Grey)[XP]
Special Agent Sarah Jardin[XP]
Heather Jardin (Violet Feral)
Antonio Ramirez (Guerrero)[XP]
Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Parallel Realities and Factbooks Empty Re: Parallel Realities and Factbooks

Post by Romulus Emanuel Mercury October 13th 2015, 5:06 pm

Sounds pretty cool, most sites I've seen do have an AU type sub-form, they never really garner much attention but they can be fun to rp out. Specially if it's all done right.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Et Bellator's Experience
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Romulus Emanuel Mercury
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "I am not a hero nor a villain I am simply a man prepared to do what is necessary to make sure no one goes without a family."

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2012-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 13th 2015, 9:58 pm

sounds neat,could we travel between the parallel universes" cause the conversations and trouble alternate me's could get into would be hilarious. everybody would be in trouble if the me's formed a army of Jeannie's though that be a whole lot crazy to deal with.

wonder though if there is a sane me would she still crazy in a universe were being sane is that world's crazy,huh

western world,oh and steam punk, and a zombie world, maybe a black in white old movie world,dark ages world,future space world,maybe a musical world where we sing and dance doing everything cheers sounds fun i like this idea pirate and ninja world too
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Number of posts : 2488
Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Red October 14th 2015, 7:05 pm

I like the idea. Me and a couple others have planned a series of threads like that in the past, but never thought of anything like a whole subforum.

Generally i think if you just label it an AU thread......you can do whatever and it will only effect the canon of that specific universe. So in that regard.....i don't think a subforum is needed.

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozmer October 14th 2015, 7:08 pm

Alternate Universes huh? Hi the name's Rozmer.
Rozmer
Rozmer

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 14th 2015, 7:18 pm

hi. we have an ooc RP section.

AU's have already been done.

-My DeviantArt-
Parallel Realities and Factbooks JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Grey October 14th 2015, 10:33 pm

Okay, In my defense, I was not so much pushing for the subforum. I get that the "OOC&AU" forum could/would fulfill much the same role. A unique "Alt Canon" forum was really low priority anyway.

My real suggestion was for a sort of Factbook; a way to organise and compile facts and stats related to some of these AU, in the case we try to revisit these worlds from time to time.

I apologize if I was unclear.

Corey Jardin (The Grey)[XP]
Special Agent Sarah Jardin[XP]
Heather Jardin (Violet Feral)
Antonio Ramirez (Guerrero)[XP]
Adelaide Zollern
The Grey
The Grey
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2015-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 15th 2015, 1:09 am

Post the factlist in the ooc area too.

-My DeviantArt-
Parallel Realities and Factbooks JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top