The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
The Black Lotus Society I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
The Black Lotus Society I_vote_lcapThe Black Lotus Society I_voting_barThe Black Lotus Society I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
The Black Lotus Society I_vote_lcapThe Black Lotus Society I_voting_barThe Black Lotus Society I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Arcana
Vorik
ghost
Tybrid
Sage

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Black Lotus Society

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Black Lotus Society Empty The Black Lotus Society

Post by Artemis March 5th 2015, 10:42 pm

Name Of the Group:

The Black Lotus Society

Color of the Group:

Description/Goal:

Peace through control. Control crime, control people. Secrets are key.

History:

The Black Lotus Society is a criminal syndicate that traces it's origins back to Victorian England before relocating to Chicago in 1937 and then finally to New York with the cities reconstruction. The Society itself is a gentleman's club and it uses that a cover for it's illegal activities, in fact people can visit the club, get a drink and relax. The club even has a website that boasts it's amenities which include: A golf course, massages, exotic dancing, a pool, a spa, multiple hot tubs and even comfortable posh rooms. But that's the boring stuff what does the Black Lotus Society illegally deal in you ask? Simple: Vice, primarily drugs and prostitution and secrets.

The Society has been able to avoid prosecution for years, they do this by having their hands down everyone's pants... I mean pockets... ok I actually mean both. They have agents all over the place, buying off people. They also have a lot secrets. One of the sayings of the society is "I know what you like." The Society black mails people to keep them in line to remind them that they swore their loyal to the Society. Once you swear loyalty it's there for life, there is no escaping it. You can come to an agreement not to be called upon all the time but you never escape it. The sign of a society members is a lotus flower tattooed onto the person's body.

But overall the Society is a group based on loyalty and trust. Many people come to the society for safety and a sense of community. They know others in the society would never rat on them. If they get caught the Society will send one of the best lawyer to speak for them. This well connected group does run off of a few rules however:

1. Never sell to minors

2. Avoid killing or a fight if possible, stick to pulling the strings

3. Never defect, Never Betray

4. The Queens word is law

5. Secrecy is Key, Never talk outwardly about the Society or their actions.

6. We are a shadow, hard to catch. Impossible to hold. Be as a shadow is. We are everywhere with everyone.

7. Secrets are our most treasured trade, collect but never give.

8. Follow the chain of command. Do not approach the Queen unless given permission

9. Give your life for the Society. The Society comes before yourself.

10. Achieve peace through control.

Through these rules the Black Lotus Society has survived the ages. But these rules had to enforced so the Society created a hierarchy to enforce them. Each rank would be gained through trust and ability. They are as followed:

Lotus King/Queen: The leader of the Black Lotus Society. This spot is usually reserved for the strongest of the Society. Not only must the king/queen be able to defeat the old ruler, they also must be able to rally the other members under their rule. Usually the identity of the king/queen is common knowledge but under the current rule only a select few know the queen's true identity. The title carried by this rank is King/Queen.

Council of Shadows: The Council of Shadows holds the King or Queen's closest advisors. The Council organizes and stores all learnt information and then passes it on to the king/queen.  They control the network of spies that collect the Society's information. They carry the title of Counselor.

Ascendant: An Ascendant is the King/Queen's Champion. There are usually no more then two Ascendants at a time but they are some of the strongest members in the society.  They can command lower ranks but hold very little power when it comes to shadows. They hold the title of Champion.

Shadow: Once a member has proven themselves and is trusted enough they are accepted as a Shadow. A shadow is a spy for the society. If there is any info to be found they probably can find it. A shadow only answers to ascendants (rarely,) the counsel of shadows and the king/queen but can not command other ranks. They hold the title of Agent.

Duke/Duchess: The highest of the basic ranks they have a greater pull on the lower ranks and get a lot of leniency with the rules. As long as they can justify it. The hold the title of Duke/Duchess.

Count/Countess: A baron who has proven their worth, a count/countess are able to bend the rules a little bit. They have pull over the lower ranks but are still aren't high on the chain of command. They hold the title of Count/Countess.

Baron/Baroness: The next step up in the Society, a Baron/Baroness who is a knight who has proven themselves trust worthy. They have a small amount of pull on the lower ranks.. They hold the title of Baron/Baroness.

Knight: The basic grunts of the organization. They are usually given a squire to test. Once they thinking the squire is prepared enough they give the squire up for a test to see if they are loyal. They hold the title of Sir/Lady.

Squire: The newest members of the Society who have yet to prove themselves. They are told no secrets and are paired up with a knight, following their direct orders, whatever it may be. They do not have their tattoo and are not provided help with caught. They hold the title of Squire.

Members/Roster:

Lotus King/Queen: Natalia Duval

Council of Shadows:

Ascendant:

Shadow:

Duke/Duchess:  
-Travis Masters - Alpha

Count/Countess:
-Auorra Moon
Baron/Baroness:

Knight:
-The Chimera

Squire:

Any other info:

Place Name/Business*: The Black Lotus Lounge

Built/Founded*: Victorian England

Location: The location of the club changes every couple of years but it is currently located about 5 miles away from New York in a heavily wooded area.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

History: The Black Lotus Society first emerged as a simple club, originating in London. But shortly after it founding it was taken over my a gang and ever since had secretly been crime world. Over the years the club moved locations and has had different owners. However the most current owner is a meta-human only known to the outside world (and police) as the Lotus Queen. Natalia, or more accurately the Lotus Queen, is a known to be a crime lord. However there has never been any evidence that could be used against her or her club to prove their involvement. The club is currently located in the outskirts of New York and has a large under ground labyrinth filled with rooms, traps and other hazards. The only living person that can safely navigate the labyrinth is Natalia. But anyone with seismic sense could navigate it.

The club's legal services include a golf course, massages, exotic/strip dancing, a pool, a spa, multiple hot tubs and even comfortable posh rooms for the members enjoyment. If you know the right people you also access the club's illegal services. That includes the drugs and prostitution. At a discounted price of course.

Main field*: Gentlemen's club, base for the Black Lotus Society.

Wealth:

The group gets it's wealth from it's trades, which range into the upper billions. (Source: Natalia)

Application:

Name: [url=URL to character app]Character Name[/url]
What do you bring to the society:
Do you pledge loyalty:
What position would you prefer: (Keep in mind just because you ask for a spot doesn't mean you will get it)

Code:

[b]Name:[/b] [url=URL to character app]Character Name[/url]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Reasons for joining:[/b]
[b]What do you bring to the society:[/b]
[b]Do you pledge loyalty:[/b]
[b]What position would you prefer:[/b] (Keep in mind just because you ask for a spot doesn't mean you will get it)

Last edited by Artemis on May 13th 2015, 11:28 pm; edited 6 times in total
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

The Black Lotus Society Empty Re: The Black Lotus Society

Post by Alpha March 6th 2015, 2:34 pm

Name: Travis Masters - Alpha
Reasons for joining: "I have so many reasons for doing so, but to list them all would likely bore you. So i'll give the main one, and that's I see we could mutually benefit from my joining, though who will benefit more I have yet to see."
What do you bring to the society: "What do I bring? Well, aside from an intellect far beyond the human scope of understanding, and whatever else I have, I bring a rather impressive resource pool to reach from."
Do you pledge loyalty: "Yes, I do."
What position would you prefer: "I like the sound of Duke personally, but I suppose its not really up to me."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Black Lotus Society CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis March 6th 2015, 2:49 pm

Welcome to the Black Lotus Society Travis.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by 16 March 22nd 2015, 11:32 am

Name: Mystic 16
Reasons for joining: "A good portion is to test my new powers, but I also cling to purpose. I sense purpose in the Black Lotus Society; furthermore, being someone's or something's champion would be something I'd actually look forward to."
What do you bring to the society: "I was a assassin, ninja, and earth realm defender; My resume for combatant skills should prove to be useful."
Do you pledge loyalty: "Yes I do."
What position would you prefer: "Ascendant. I come to be your champion. I'll prove it to the king and or queen if need be."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"You must realize. that fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Don't let me be misunderstood, danger is very real, but fear itself is a choice"

Character Profile: Anarchy, 16
For more information or a chance to RP: Anarchy's File
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis March 23rd 2015, 12:25 am

The Queen accepts your application, but you have not proven yourself to be an Ascendant. The Queen grants you the title of Baron.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa April 1st 2015, 12:14 pm

Name: The Chimera Real Identity unknown to all
Reasons for joining: "I feel that the society could benefit from having a man like me, and vice versa. I require the power and knowledge that can only come from an organization that has been around for decades."
What do you bring to the society:
"I myself hate to talk about myself, but I can provide high tech and hard to obtain equipment for the Society due to my connections within Chimeratech Industries a newly formed electronics and a legendary arms supplier. My reputation as an assassin proceeds me as well. Finally and most importantly I hold some resources myself of which i can pull from in order to provide almost anything the society might require."
Do you pledge loyalty: "I pledge my time, my energy, and my allegiance to the society."
What position would you prefer: "I feel as though my skills would place me within your council of shadows... if not I have no qualms about being a simple Duke."

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2012-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 1st 2015, 6:32 pm

The Queen welcomes The Chimera into the Black Lotus Society but his secrecy with his name among other things means can not trust him yet and that he must prove himself. With all things in mind Natalia grants him the rank of Knight until he can prove himself.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Auorraprevell May 13th 2015, 10:59 pm

Name:Auorra Moon
Reasons for joining:To be in a origination and spread my intelligence to others.
What do you bring to the society:I am a great strategist when given the chance and because of my mother.
Do you pledge loyalty:I do
What position would you prefer:Lady as I love to pull strings in the Darkness
Auorraprevell
Auorraprevell

Quote : "There is no Good or Evil only power and those too weak to seek it"~Tom Riddle

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis May 13th 2015, 11:26 pm

Although Natalia isn't fully sure if she can trust woman who survived on backstabbing she isn't one to turn away someone of her caliber.

The Lotus Queen welcomes Countess Auorra among her ranks and expects great things from her.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down