The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:49 am by ProwlerKnight

» What We Do In The Shadows
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:23 pm by Nate6595

» Huntsman
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 14th 2024, 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIn search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_voting_barIn search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapIn search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_voting_barIn search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California]

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 Empty Re: In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California]

Post by Arcana April 14th 2012, 2:46 pm

So this was the guy Sul was aiming to rescue from the clutches of that guy? Sean pursed his lips,curiosu of what he could do. If he was a golem,they would be in a fight that could end up a disaster. Though Sul seemed to think that talking to him could accomplish something, when it most likely couldn’t. They would have to fight him and most likely end his life if they were to free him. ”So,you’re the guy Sul’s been so worried about?” Sean wondered out loud taking a step forward as Aaron let him do so. His eyes glowing an icy blue that seemed to match the golems for a second before they changed back to the dingy grey. Maybe he could find a way to break the spell without having to kill him, which would have been much easier really. Since this guy seemed like he was more than just what he appeared.

”Sean be careful,I have a bad feeling about this.” Aaron whispered in his ear stepping forward with him. Though he had no intentions of stopping this fight that was impending anytime soon,so he stood and waited. Prepared for anything that could conceivably happen though he wasn’t prepared for what happened next.

John stepped forward as the floor began to coat itself in a thick sheet of ice that expanded further, along the staircase as well as forming a pillar under where he was loftily standing. ” These errands are far from petty sadly.” John said as even the ceiling began to freeze over, lowering the temperature considerably. Forming a slide, he jumped onto it and slid down to their level. Sean wasn’t expecting anything really but he was surprised as the young looking man landed beside him foot darting for his face and with little time to do anything as it cracked against him. Sending him to the floor and a fist shooting out at Aaron, knocking him to the floor too. Sean was a little too dizzy to really retaliate against the attack.

”Sorry but I have to end this quick. He needs me to retrieve something.” His cold eyes looked at the amulet dangling around Sean’s neck. Sul was in his mind the most difficult obstacle though he wasn’t prepared for the next attack. As the air in front of him distorted and slung him hard against the large pillar of ice he made. It dazed him but nothing else really.

”That hurt dammit.” Aaron muttered rubbing his sore cheek, which was likely to bruise. ” I don’t know who you think you are but I’m not gonna let that slide.” Sean pushed himself off of the ground rubbing his cheek which was not as affected by the kick. They were likely in store for a fight but it would be over quickly. This guy alone would not be enough to stop them. Sean was sure of that.

Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2481
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 Empty Re: In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California]

Post by Sul-Fury April 14th 2012, 6:57 pm

It was easy to find John, but apparently nothing had changed. Sul's smile slowly faded as he once again didn't make any sense. Was he wasting his time with this person? He didn't know for sure. But he had to beat the Necromancer kid in order to find the answer to that question. Once that was accomplished, he could see whether or not that changed anything with John. He didn't want to hurt him again, but it seemed he attacked first, targeting Sean and Aaron. Maybe he forgot that Sul had beaten him just yesterday? Did he not feel pain? Sul was still sore in the shoulder, that much he was certain of.

Aaron and Sean started off on the wrong foot and got knocked around a little, but they recovered quickly. Sul made his move while they were conflicting with one another's manipulative powers. Though he wasn't necessarily a fast runner, the strength of his legs were still enhanced. He took powerful strides in his run, his leaps having several feet in length, closing in on John. Aaron's telekinesis knocked him back, which wasn't enough to incapacitate John, but enough to distract him while Sul closed in. Sul extended his right outstretched hand toward John's throat. He intended to grab him, hurl him into the ceiling, and then jump high into the air and pin his torso to the ceiling with his back.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click for Sul-Fury's Profile Information
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 Sullz2_zpsehmnrnvg
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 598
Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 14th 2012, 7:21 pm

Sean saw John hit the ice but he seemed to shrug it off as if he didn’t feel the pain from it. Standing up and dusting off a few particles of ice from his pants. Though he was dazed enough to be taken by surprise when Sul advanced upon him. Fingers clamped around his throat only accomplishing forcing his eyes to lock with Suls before he was thrown into the ceiling and slammed harder into it. He heard the telltale cracks as most likely a rib or two cracked. Pain lancing through his left leg as well as his right arm. Though the ceiling around him was worst off as it began to crumble around him and fall down upon those beneath it. Seeming to stop a few feet above Sean and Aaron due to an invisible field. Tossed to the side down one of the large corridors that branched off into the almost maze like building.

Sean let a drawn out whistle escape from his lips at the sight of the destruction and the limp body falling through what little debris was falling. He would most likely die if he managed to hit the ground at the speed he was going at Sean had little time to react. As he leapt onto a stream of water he formed and allowed it to take him away as he seemed to grind through the very air. With a few seconds to spare he caught John in his back,grunting at the sudden weight added as he glided back in front of Aaron. Letting the golem down gently as let out a deep sigh. It seemed this guy would be unable to fight but his power would be very much active if he so chose to use them. Though he didn’t’ seem to be trying,only laying on his back. Looking at them without any signs of life except his eyes moving between Sean and Sul.

”Looks like he won’t be doing much for a while, you broke his bones pretty good.” Aaron commented feeling over the young mans arms and legs. He knew this guy wouldn’t be much of a threat to them after all. The ice in the room began to breakdown not too long after Johns defeat, a rain of ice falling down upon them. ”Now that we have this taken care of, we can move on. Until we break the spell he still won’t be free.” With that Aaron began walking onward, adjusting the collar of his shirt. Sean following after him.

”So where do we go from here?” Sean asked digging his hands deeply into his pockets as he caught up to the blonde. He honestly didn’t understand what was happening here but it was getting heavy, that’s all he knew.

”If I am correct, he should be holed up in the rituals chamber on the second floor. We aren’t too far from it now and if we hurry we can catch him before he decides to do anything else. So I suggest we get moving.” With that he began to ascend the staircase, deeper into the belly of the beast.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 14th 2012, 8:17 pm

The attack was successful, though he didn't enjoy it. Bones would mend, he had to keep thinking to himself. Aaron had a theory of a spell being on him, causing him to lack control of himself. For now he needed to get to the bottom of all this, which would sort out these details later. John was out of commission for now, his broken body was laid down while the three of them could move forward. Sul rotated his shoulder muscle. That jump into the ceiling jarred him a bit. Normally it would have been no problem, but his injury was becoming a serious handicap.

While the trio climbed the staircase leading to their next trial, Sul couldn't help thinking outloud. He needed to prepare for what laid ahead. All the kid did before was transport around the room and evade him. What was he capable of? "Do you know what kind of powers your relative has? The dark magic. He used it to block some of my attacks. Kill people. Do you know how to counteract that?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In search of the dark [Sul] [Los Angales, California] - Page 2 Sullz2_zpsehmnrnvg
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 14th 2012, 8:52 pm

”You don’t stop it really. You just don’t get hit and try to hit him. That’s all there is to it.” Aaron answered him shrugging light as he walked onward, turning left into a long hallway with a wooden door at the end. Spiraling patterns on it made of gold and silver that seemed to refract the light of of a large amount of torches with a weird crystal on the end of them instead of bulbs or fire. Sean scanned them with interest, never having seen such strange things before. They had to be an elder form of magic though what kind had yet to be seen or would likely never. A low, almost silent sound radiated ahead and it gave both an anxious feeling in the pit of their stomachs as if there were danger ahead of them. Sean tried not to let the anxiety show but his face was growing a little paler than before.

When they were half way down the hall the door swung open wide for them. Revealing the room they were to enter and a dark pressure exerted itself on Sean and Aaron only. As if it were cracking down upon their affinity for magic alone. The room looked plain, except for what looked like dark red letters that covered it and a single figure in a robe standing at its center. As if waiting for them to come to him. The face was obscured by a hood that cast a shadow over it. Sean squinted, pursing his lips as he tried to make out if it was truly even a person. Though he couldn’t even do that correctly. It wasn’t long before they stepped beyond the threshold of the door and Sean felt something squish under his foot.

It was a large black bug that had been reduced to a squirming mess. Sean shuddered and pulled his foot back as a swarm of the insects crawled away from him and into the walls. “So you’ve made it. I’ve been waiting for a while,never thought you would reach me in time. Though breaking John so harshly was uncalled for.” Anthony pulled the hood back from his face, lips curling into a smile. ”Welcome to the ritual room. I’m glad you walked so eagerly into my trap.” With that the door slammed shut and fell down against the floor.

Behind it was a wall and nothing else.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 14th 2012, 9:18 pm

He could have told himself that much. That was always his strategy. Sul figured these two knew a bit more about magic and its weaknesses that could give him a tip. But the more he thought about it, they did seem weaker than him as far as durability goes. Passing eerie magical heirlooms gave Sul the creeps. Walking past a mirror, he halted for a minute. The mirror reflected his image of his former self. Back when he looked human. Brown hair, brown eyes, caucasian skin. His jaw quivered and nostrils flared at the sight, emotions that were tearing him apart internally. He hadn't seen his former self in years.

He wanted to shed a tear but instead clenched his eyes shut, inhaling deeply. Perhaps it was a mirror that showed the true appearance of a person, he didn't know, he just wanted it to go away. Opening his eyes, his former self returned to the mirror. He hated magic. So much. The other two started to get ahead of him quite a bit, so he speed walked up behind them again to make sure they weren't in any danger.

Every door they encountered seemed to open itself up. The faster Sul got out of here, the more comfortable he would feel. Finally they had entered the room with the Necromancer. Perhaps hitting John that hard was uncalled for. But Sul didn't want to waste the time or injury of him getting inbetween him and his mission. What he really needed was to defeat this kid right here. He had eagerly walked into his trap, and he knew it. But that wasn't something he was afraid of. The door clanked shut and Sul didn't bother to turn around and look. Instead he took off at full speed towards the Necromancer. He was not going to let up.

"You have nowhere to hide!" He shouted, leaping into the air with a closed fist raised high in the air. He planned, not to club the kid over the head, but smash his closed fist into the ground. The shockwave of the blast would knock the kid back and do the work for him.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 14th 2012, 10:06 pm

Anthony was in action before Sul was, only because the hero was only proving how easy eh was to read. He was on a small platform of shadows as a wall formed in front of him, blocking anything that would have hit him. After the said attack was done and its damage with it,he stepped down upon the cracked ground. Though it didn’t really matter to him how much his house was destroyed. He had his own plans and nothing could stop them once they came into play. ”Nice display of force. Though your not going anywhere if you play around. That was nowhere enough to stagger me, let alone kill me. Unless I willingly break the control,you have to kill me. Its that simple.” Though he wouldn’t let them kill him,not ever. His destiny was far greater than death.

”It seems we meet again Sean Michael Collin or should I call you Thiels since your new position? I think we have met once, years ago. When Elena was still alive. Though you were younger and far more awkward.” He said basically greeting Sean as a dark shadow spread across the floor, Sean shuddering as it ran under his foot. It ran over the walls and the ceiling as the room became bathed in dark, yet the light still remained. As if it couldn’t be extinguished by the oppressive darkness coming over the. Next Sean and Aaron felt as if their hearts had moved into their throats and they were falling. Though ti wasn’t so as they were standing still.

Before they knew it the darkness pealed away, revealing them to be in a large expansive room. Large pedestals dotting the floors with items atop them. Next To the necromancer was one with a single red ring on it that he picked up with a tendril of shadows that seemed to hiss when it touched it. He whispered a word to it as it was dropped into his hand and didn’t seem to burn him. Strange enough as that was. He looked over the ring for a second with a neutral expression. ”This was the ring you tried to give away to the museum if I am correct. What a waste. You had no idea what you had and you wanted to pawn it off to fools.” he threw it at Suls feet before disappearing into his shadow.

’What the hell just happened?” Sean thought out loud as he saw the guy disapear,leaving them here alone. Shit was only getting weirder and now they were in a plce he had hoped he would never be again. He was back in the ruins where he Had found the ring? This was just too strange and now he had Aaron with him. Someone who had even less of an idea than any of them and was most likely freaking out. Though he stood there with a blank look on his face, It took all eh had to stop himself from cursing his luck out loud.

[I]”Weird shit right? Never thought I would be here again either. It feels almost like home in a way.” The voice said almost in wonder as it seemed to remain in his mind but surprisingly tame. He thought it would go crazy considering how it was when he first came to this place but now it was almost like a nostalgic senior. Something he had never expected from it before. Next was something even stranger.

”Well what have we here?”” A young female voice said in a sing song voice. Turning he was a girl his height with long black hair, with a shirt like his and shorts about the same though fit for a girl. Two blades strapped across her back in their sheathes, looking exactly the same. The same as the sword he had that was supposed to be at his home though clones of them were on her back. As well as a ring that was in her hand, one that a girl had worn before. Though she had used it to kick his ass most brutally. This was a blast from the past and something he was hoping he would never see again.

”Damn,I hope this is a dream.” Of course it wasn’t.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 15th 2012, 8:30 pm

The shockwave rapidly worked its way to the necromancer, though he blocked it with an equal display of force through his shadow power. A wall had arisen, forcing the shockwave to impact the surface with a thunderous crackle. He couldn't tell whether or not it made an impact on his defensive barrier.

Perhaps he was a bit too predictable. The amount of combinations he had for ranged characters was limited, he preferred a toe to toe scrap over fights with this kind any day. Though, Aaron did say he just had to keep fighting til he hit him, so what else was he going to do? He was all talk, his punch will work. It was just a matter of time before he let his guard down. There was no way a kid like him could withstand a blow so heavy. The plan for Sul wasn't to kill him, but use a certain method of persuasion to force him to let John go free.

A dark shadow spread through the floors and walls. A force that didn't seem like anyone could evade unless they had the power of flight. Sul braced himself as the shadows creeped under his feet with a cooling welcome against his already cold feet. An invisible power made them feel as if they were falling, he could recognize the expression in his allies faces. Sul personally wasn't too afraid for himself, he had fallen out of a plane before and seemed to be able to tell the tale.

Sul knelt and placed a hand on the ground bracing for an impending impact but it never came. The feeling had stopped and the shadows had disappeared, revealing a separate room entirely as if they had just been transported. But he did not know where, how or why. The necromancer had been there the whole time, as a familiar ring was tossed at his feet. Sul swiped his hand at it, snatching it off the ground. Rising to his feet, the necromancer had once again transported himself to another area. A girl had also entered the room, though Sul couldn't put the name to the face. She carried two swords on her back and dressed quite casually for the role.

"I don't think we're dreaming. But I can pinch you pretty hard if you want to remove all doubt."
Sul replied jokingly.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 15th 2012, 8:53 pm

The young girl was the first to react to the joke, laughing loudly. Though Sean only managed a chuckle considering the situation they were in. He was in a place he was uncertain of and what could happen here seemed far different than could happen in a different plane of existence. Though he wasn’t sure if they were even in a different plane instead of just in a strange room that may have been deep underground. She tapped the hilt of one of her blades before skipping forward between Sean and Aaron. Placing an arm around both of their shoulders. ” I never thought I would see you again Sean and its really nice to meet you too Aaron. I mean sure I see you two everyday it still feels better in the flesh ya’know?” She turned to Sul with a pearly white smile cocking her head to the side, with arms still around the two. ”We meet again though someone is looking worst for wear. You need to get that shoulder checked out.” She said simply before skipping away from the three. ”Just listen to me, I must be boring you to death. You must wanna know a way out of here right?”

Sean was the first one to hear that offer and his ears perked up. She knew how to get them out of here? He opened his mouth to ask her a question but Aaron beat him to the punch. ”So you know the way out of here? Not that I mean to disrespect you but how am I to believe you really do know the way out of this place. Maybe you could just be leading us into some sort of trap or you could be in league with that bastard who brought us here in the first place.” He said with a slight edge of anger to his voice,though she seemed unphased by his harshness. She simply did a turn on the heel of her left foot and whistled a tune to herself. Which only aggravated the blonde even more than he already was with the situation.

”Calm yourself Aaron,I have no intentions of harming you or the others. If I did,you would already be on the other end of my blades.” Her eyes were like blades as they seemed to bore deeply into his, though it was enough to show him that she meant him no harm.

” So what the hell do you have in mind then?” Sean demanded, which caught the girls attention. She smirked lightly as she pulled one of her blades off o her back and threw it to Sean. Whom caught it with ease as he looked at her confused. This was his sword but ti was supposed to be back at his mansion. Yet she somehow managed to bring it here? Before he could demand where she got it from, she cut him off. She cut him off by throwing a ring in his face. Clattering to the floor loudly before it was brought back to her with a tendril of water she managed to form. Sean could have acted negatively but he knew there was no point in beating himself up.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 16th 2012, 10:39 am

Her behavior was confusing to say the least. They had met before briefly, but her intentions were still unclear to him. She threw Sean a sword and a ring, apparently the source to exit the room they had been trapped in. Anything to get him out was a good sign, so they had little option but to trust her for now. But was she just an illusion or another puppet by the Necromancer? That was uncertain. She could still be luring them into a trap.

He knew his injury would slow him down, but he had little choice in the matter but to pursue his current destination of freeing John. He couldn't rest easy knowing he was in this current state. Though on the other hand, his conscious appeared to want to serve. Shadows of doubt cast over Sul, wondering if his intentions were just.

Sul wandered near Sean and mumbled to him under his breath, "Just make sure this isn't a trick by the kid. We don't know where we are, remember." He didn't know what made him question everything. To Sul, it seemed like everything and everyone was a trap, a betrayer, a potential threat. Everyone except Sean, that is. The two of them went through a lot together, and that small bonding made Sul feel safe with him. The more adventurous quests they went on, the stronger that bond felt to him.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 16th 2012, 11:07 am

A deep rumbling seemed to come from a distance in the room though it didn’t seem to bother the girl in the least. She looked around the room whistling a tune to herself that sounded strangely familiar to him. Though Sul made his anxieties clear to Sean and no one else. So he didn’t trust the girl that mush either it seemed, though he knew this girl was most likely the only way they would leave this place. So he couldn’t afford to be skeptical of her. At least not yet anyway, though Aaron was the only one who was visibly annoyed by this whole situation. Arms crossed over his chest as he glared at her hatefully. She motioned for them to follow her and Sean did so. Though he was wary of anything she might have attempted while they followed. ” Since I’m sure you just wasn’t the quickest way out of here,I won’t waste your times with anything extra. Though I have to warn you that we may have a little trouble ahead of us. So be careful.” She noted to the people following behind her as what seemed to be a large hallway materialized out of nowhere.

Clapping her hands together she walked forward. Making her pace even faster as she approached the forbidding looking entrance. ’Woah, I don’t like the looks of this place. Where the hell do you think you’re taking us?’” Sean almost demanded of her stepping back a little as she turned to face him with a serious look. Though she didn’t react as harshly as he expected her to.

’We are going the short way or would you rather fight a giant shadow demon again?” She asked simply raising an eyebrow curiously. Sean shook his head and she smiled in response. ” This is a very volatile room beyond here and you may not like what you see. It doesn’t have a proper name but I just called it the mirror room. Though it doesn’t have many mirrors but it does have one thing it shows.” She made a dramatic pause.”er….I forgot.” She laughed weakly scratching the back of her head. ”This is awkward, I usually know every room in this place.” This was just brilliant. The tour guide didn’t even know about where the hell she was taking them, though she lead on with a smile. It wasn’t long before they were beyond the entrance and the room took form.

It looked like a long hall way with the occasional mirror. Some with a reflective surface that only showed his reflection while others showed some things that caused him to mentally cringe. Some had scenes of carnage involving him and other different things. It took all he had to stop himself from throwing up on the spot. Damn this room to hell.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 16th 2012, 11:51 am

From the reaction he gained from Sean, he wasn't sure if he wanted to fight a giant shadow demon either. He had fought demons before, but he was sure they weren't all going to be the same. Their guide seemed a bit too knowledgeable about the area they were in. Once again Sul doubted the girl and was cautious about the situation they were in. The room of mirrors apparently was their next destination. A healthy alternative to fighting a shadow demon, whatever that was going to be.

Entering the room, he passed many mirrors. Once again, one showed him his previous self. Normal. Letting out a heavy sigh he kept walking through, trying to ignore the mirrors to the best of his ability. Though his peripheral vision picked up everything. An old friend popped up in a mirror, it was as if the mirror entered a flashback of his past. On the navy ship he served on as it was going down in flames. His friend raised his chin and was clenching in pain. Flesh peeled off his face and neck, slowly revealing a skeleton with a wide open mouth. Sul's upper lip lifted a little bit in irritation. It had been a while since he had thought back to that traumatic night. He passed by other mirrors, one popped out at him. It was Hurricane, the murderer of his friends. He wanted to punch the mirror but resisted. He knew it would not be real or give it justice. This had to be a test of his mental strength.

One particular mirror stood out, as if it were him in the future. He was welcoming a shadowed figure of a child in his arms, raising him up to his shoulders. Raising an eyebrow, he couldn't make out anything. All he could see the entire time was the back of the kid's head, though the kid didn't have rock hard skin, like Sul did. It was possible these mirrors revealed his life from beginning to end. What he was before, and what he was soon to be. Sul walked past the mirror, since the image seemed to be over. It just showed Sul walking forward with the kid on his shoulders. It made him wonder what kind of father he would be, or what kind of woman he might meet.

The next mirror he passed didn't make any sense though. He leaned in closer, to view himself scarred from head to toe. Deep grooves all over his body. That didn't matter as much as what he was doing in the mirror. The reflection of himself was faced off against several unnamed masked characters, ready to engage him. One opponent was already torn in two at Sul's feet, his blood ran through the street. The character seemed infuriated. The opponents moved in on him, but they wouldn't get within two feet of him. Clenching both fists, his jaw stretched open unleashing a powerful warcry. The reflection of Sul-Fury irrupted into an explosion of flames, disintegrating the flesh off the masked characters. The skeletons were blown apart and slowly disappeared, filling the whole mirror with flames. Was that his future self? It couldn't be. There was nothing that would turn him into something so brutal and violent. Killing others without remorse. All his ideals shattered as if they never existed at all. It had to be a trick, a 'possibility' of what he could become. He didn't even have the power to do that. Or was his power really that much of a danger to his true self?

The mirrored image didn't show anything else but flames, the scene was over. Sul decided to keep it to himself. He wasn't going to let a 'could be' effect his mission here. He scurried up to Sean, passing other mirrors. The few people he knew getting killed by his own hands. Why were they showing these evil images? That wasn't Sul at all, it never will be. His eyes flickered in agitation. He hoped they would be out of here soon.

Last edited by Sul-Fury on April 16th 2012, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 16th 2012, 3:14 pm

Many images flashed across the mirrors and not all of them were good. One mirror reflected the image of a woman with red hair holding a child with blonde hair only about two years old. The woman was only beginning to show the signs of age, small wrinkles forming along the edges of her lips. Eyes a green that seemed to hold a wisdom that was forged through much hardship. Though her smile was kind and warm that radiated an never ending light. It was his mother but who was the baby? A smaller child with black hair crawling beside her and nuzzling against her. The child looked like him when he was younger but his mother was never that old looking when he was only a baby. Hell, she didn’t even show signs of aging when she was murdered.

Though when he walked to the next mirror it showed him with another person, a blonde holding the two children who crawled over them. Sean looked like he was only in his mid twenties, and where did the brats come from? Aaron was looking at the same mirror but with a more blank expression than he had. Simply stuffing his hands into his pocket as they pressed onward. They passed even more mirrors, one reflecting the image of him standing over a small group of dead masked figures. Some rip into pieces while other simply slumped. His irises were a pitch black and lips curled into a sneer. Blood coated the blade in his hand as he turned to a young girl attempting to flee. She was cut down like the others.

Sean managed to hold back the bile,though doing that was a miracle within itself. This place was one of the last places he had ever wanted to be but there was only one answer to this problem really. They would have to walk through it and that would be it. The girl didn’t look anyway but forward with a smile across her face as she walked on in a brisk pace. A single sword jingling lightly on her back as she had her hands locked behind her back. “It won’t be long now boys, just a little bit more and we will be out of here.” She said in a tone that was meant to lighten their moods up but it wasn’t very successful.

”Thank god.” Sean muttered letting out a sigh mirrored by Aaron who looked at the doorway ahead with a subdued smile. He was supposed to be the calm one of the two after all. It wasn’t long until they walked through the opening and were met with the next room.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 17th 2012, 10:06 am

It didn't seem like he was the only one. Aaron and Sean appeared to be distraught by the images the mirrors had portrayed. Internally, Sul told himself to ignore the images. That his destiny would be up to him to decide, his fate was not sealed by the images in the mirrors. He passed a mirror of his future self throwing his body into the mirror trying to attack him. He looked rabid, as if he had lost all sanity.

At last the door approached in which they could escape this nightmare. Unless that is, they had to exit the same way they came here. That would be unfortunate. As they approached the door, Sul stretched out his hand as if to open it. However, as the rest of the doors did, it opened on its own accord.

Entering the room was simple, however Sul suddenly dropped to the ground. He felt like his body had gained five times his weight. Placing his hands on the ground, he tried to push himself up to get off the ground. Arm muscles shaking, he wondered what this room was all about. It seemed to be just a normal corridor. He could see the doors ahead, it wasn't that long of a journey. If he could reach it. A young 10 year old boy with jet black hair stood inbetween them and the door, as if he were the guardian. Fighting his muscles, he eventually got himself up to the standing position. However, it tested every muscle in his system to stand, let alone walk. Was it the room, or the boy? Sean and Aaron didn't seem to be effected at all. Maybe it was just him that was effected.

The boy finally spoke. "Oh, I didn't think you would notice that quickly. Your powers are useless here. They call me Null, it's kind of my power. I can't really shut it off. Once you get past the door, the effects will go away."

It finally made sense. Sul's enhanced strength allowed him to carry his massive weight. Aaron and Sean on the other hand didn't need enhanced strength to carry themselves. However, they were going to be effected in another way. They couldn't use their powers either, water manipulation or telekinesis. Dragging one foot in front of the other, he tried to reach the door ahead of them. The massive door was too large to open by any ordinary man. Sul would expect the doors to open on their own once they got near it, but they wouldn't budge.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 17th 2012, 10:31 am

The room they walked into was fairly simple, nothing really extravagant in it. There were no more images to haunt him, no more to make him yearn. Though what barred them next was a young looking boy with jet black hair, that otherwise didn’t look like he was much in a fight. Sul dropped to the floor like….well like a rock and seemed to have trouble lifting his own body. Sean raised an eyebrow at the phenomenon, wondering if it was some sort of field that forced him to his knees or something. Though that made no sense, considering he was still on his feet. What the hell was happening?!? Though it was soon enough the boy explained his power and that made Sean fully understand the situation. It was all fairly clear to him.

He was powerless in here. That had to be tested for himself before he would believe it to be fully true. Sean reached out for any moisture with his mind, mentally grasping. Though he came up with nothing no matter how hard he tried to do it. So it was true about him being powerless, and explained perfectly why Sul was no barely able to support his own weight. Though the girl was seemingly unaffected by this boys revelation as if she didn’t need her powers here. Which was most likely true but he didn’t want to consider it.

When they finally reached the door, they were met with a challenge even more impossible. They couldn’t open the damn door!!!! Sean cursed under his breath as he tried ramming into the door only to have it still stay closed. With a few more angry kicks he stepped back and shook his fists which were getting sore from punching a door. Though that was an obvious side affect from punching them so he expected as much. ” So how the hell do you expect us to get through the door?!? If you don’t answer me I’ll have to force the answer outta you the hard way!” Sean spat at the young boy and there was no visible doubt he would do it. Though if he really would was yet to be seen. Sure he wasn’t a lot without his powers but Sean could still kick this little kids ass with his bare hands.

Though Aaron held him back with a hand. ”Don’t go around picking fight with children,Its unbecoming of you.” He whispered to him,which seemed to calm him down somewhat but he was still ready to go with his plan.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury April 17th 2012, 10:41 am

The young boy grew afraid at Sean's reactions, his eyes grew wide as Sean yelled at him. He didn't understand his urgency to get past the door. Sul slowly made his way closer towards the door. However he couldn't put any weight behind his punches, in fact he could barely swing his arms at the door. Impacts just sounded like a knocking on the hard metal door. It seemed impassable.

"I-I don't know!" the young boy cried out. "He... He just told me that to play the role of the Hero, you have to shed yourselves of innocence. That you need to embrace the fact that you are a villain just like him. That you get past your obstacles through any means necessary. The difference between all beings, villain or hero, is based around a certain point of view."

Though the boy didn't understand, Sul did. It was a test, and the boy didn't know that in order to get their powers back, he had to die. He had already mentioned that he couldn't turn off his powers. Children were the essence of innocence, and apparently their enemy found it fitting to make this their next obstacle. "Don't do it Sean." he managed to blurt out. "We can find another way." He said this, yet he didn't know how. They needed strength to open that door, which they lacked with the kid there.

Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top