The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_vote_lcapOld Ends, New Beginnings. I_voting_barOld Ends, New Beginnings. I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Old Ends, New Beginnings. I_vote_lcapOld Ends, New Beginnings. I_voting_barOld Ends, New Beginnings. I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Old Ends, New Beginnings.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old Ends, New Beginnings. Empty Old Ends, New Beginnings.

Post by Ace May 7th 2015, 4:34 am

"Resistance is equals to voltage over current, this is otherwise known as Ohms law. Ohms law is useful in the field of..." Mr Stewarts trailed on in the background of Ace- Or should I say Alex's- mind. He stared at the clock, hoping that by some miracle it would make time rapidly speed up. He chuckled to himself slightly before realising that's not actually all that far-fetched. This was one of the reasons he didn't enjoy physics very much. While he liked the concept, after being able to shoot himself through electrical sockets and seeing things first hand that didn't quite fall into the general concept of 'physics' he'd kind of lost interest in the whole 'this is how the world works' stuff. It worked, and that's all that mattered to him.

Other than general problems with the concept of physics, Ace had done a relatively good job adapting to civilian life. Alex Smith was a generic name but it was just generic enough to not be asked about too much. The real problem he had was with his parents, or lack thereof, however it seemed his cunning plan of redirecting all calls to his 'parents' to the offices of Bliss Co had worked just fine.

After losing powers there wasn't much he could do on the superhero scene, so he had more or less given it up until this point, something he didn't like doing but...

"Hey Alex, are you coming with us to the pizza place after school? We've got all our homework to do and it's cheap pizza night!" Connor whispered to him from the desk over, trying very hard to mask his mouth movements with a book.

...It did come with it's advantages, like not having to worry about robot attack so high on your priorities.

"Yeah, I should be able to make it, who else is going?" Ace whispered back.

"Mike, Andy, Jenna and Madison, I think."

Ace liked Madison. She was short, some would say petite, blue eyes, blonde hair folded into a plat and possibly smarter than Ace himself. And he was staring at her.

"Mr Smith? Would you like to take your eyes off of your teenage escapades and focus on the class please? Or would you be more qualified to teach advanced electrical physics to these fine people?" Mr Stewart yelled, breaking Ace out of his little thought bubble.

Before Ace could even respond, a large, ball shaped robot tumbled through the wall behind Mr Stewart. The robot had seen better days, it was battered and rusted in all the places, but it seemed to be running just fine. Everyone else hit the deck, Ace however stayed in his seat, adrenaline rushing through his veins from the surge of being in a real life superhero situation again, wishing that he had some powers to deal with the hunk of junk that had just Kool-Aid manned his way through the wall. That was until he doubled over in pain, all the veins in his body popped simultaneously, he let out a wail of a most un-manly fashion and geiger counters went off all across the room before his body slumped, falling limply to the ground under his desk.

The robot dinged, [METAHUMAN ANALYSIS AT TEN PERCENT] it said in it's saccharine mechanical voice.

Last edited by Ace on May 8th 2015, 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I used to have a signature
Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : no

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 380
Job : Your Local
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Old Ends, New Beginnings. Empty Re: Old Ends, New Beginnings.

Post by Jeisen May 7th 2015, 1:55 pm

New York City. The city of heroes. Some of the best and brightest heroes flocked here at one point to defend it. Even though the media said they had failed, it had become something of an icon for heroes. Rookies and veterans alike came to defend the city where the world almost ended. Jeisen was no exception to this pilgrimage. Most of the time nowadays though, he was just passing through to visit an old friend. Least, that was the plan.

Nolan: "Red alert at a nearby high school. Bringing it up now."

From the looks of it, something had caused a large crater in the side of a nearby high school. Jeisen paused on top of a building. He wasn't to far from it now. Firing a grappling hook from his wrist slot, Jeisen swung down from the tall skyscrapper on to a low building near the high school. He crouched as his lens applified the scene. From the looks of it, it appears there was a large round robot in a room full of high school kids. Jeisen wasn't quite sure what it wanted, but with an entrance like that it was sure not to be very good. Another fire of his grappling hook and Jeisen was flying towards the building. Twisting at the last second, Jeisen came in through a window feet first, only to roll across a desk and back onto his feet. He came up, both guns drawn and aimed at the robot. In a mechanical voice,

Jeisen: "Everyone out!"

Trying to get the kids out of the way of danger.
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tac May 7th 2015, 4:15 pm

The whurring of servos came from mechanical legs as Tac made his way through the part of New York that had been known as Hell's Kitchen before the city was destroyed. Using roof tops and ally ways to avoid crowded streets. Now that the City had pretty much finished rebuilding  Tac had been exploring the city, The battle of New York was the reason he had been built so going to New York seemed like the first logical place to head to after being smuggled away from his parent company, out of XeroTech's testing facility to avoid Deactivation.

Since he had arrived in New York he'd tuned into Police frequencies and local media channels  to monitor if anything important happened. It had been a relatively quiet day until the Police Frequencies  began to fill with talk of some mechanical ball rolling through the streets and then crashing into a school and a large and still growing surge energy coming from the school. "A fellow Machine?" Tac said to himself with curiosity.  Tac looked in the direction that his internal  GPS said the school was located. "This...This is my chance to do what i was built for and Perhaps i can talk to it..Robot to Robot."

Tac looking at the direction of the school began to map out his path. Using his APS he calculated everything in visible range. Where he'd need to place his feet, grab, how much force was needed on jumps and gripping, and the trajectory required to get to his location as fast and efficient as possible.  The quick trip across New York wasn't long, He stood on a building a little higher than the school. Looking down, A hole in one of the walls obviously where the Ball had penetrated the structure. "Alright...Time to get to work." and with that Tac scaled the building and ran into the hole.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tac's skeleton
Tac
Tac

Quote : "At the moment I'm a little lost in this wide world, But hopefully soon I'll find my purpose."

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace May 8th 2015, 3:43 am

[META-HUMAN ANALYSIS AT 30%] the machine chimed again. It didn't seem too bothered by the sudden entrance of the two other beings or the rapid, screaming and running evacuation of the room. If the first robot didn't already stress the need to remove the children from the situation, the man in full armour and the second robot probably did. They were in such a hurry to get out, that Ace got himself left behind. Whoops.

When he awoke a few moments later, Ace wondered if the state of his imagination was so dire that he had begun vividly daydreaming. He could have sworn there was only one robot there a few seconds ago. And where did everyone else go?  And who was the guy with the guns? All very good questions that he could have asked, however all took a seat on the backburner when he realised something.

"Am I flying?" he said, floating half way between the ceiling and the floor. "Oh my god, I'm flying. Like holy shit are you guys seeing this I'm doing the whole thing with the defying gravity." He yelled to his new found friends. "I mean of all the things that could have happened this is it. Awesome, spectacular, amazing." Ace rose up and down in the air, trying to get a feel for his newly developed skill.

[META-HUMAN ANALYSIS AT 40%] the machine dinged, bringing Ace back inside his own head.
"Oh yeah, right, the robot thing, not you the dinging one" Ace said to Tac, "Let's go talk to it!" without waiting for the other two he flew himself at the ball-thing. However, he wasn't quite down with this whole flying thing, so he missed, quite badly. He knicked the top of the robot, causing a sizeable dent in it's already scuffed head, before throwing himself out of the window and creating a crater in the road below.

[THREAT DETECTED, ENABLING BATTLE MODE] the ball-bot declared before unsheathing a large number of spinning blades from it's body until it looked like a badly designed sonic the hedgehog level. The bot started flailing wildly at the room around it, cutting into desks and walls like a drunken pirate with a peg leg.

Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Tac May 8th 2015, 10:16 am

After he had entered the classroom things kinda got...more chaotic. As the already terrified students became even more frantic to get out at the sight of another Robot. Probably figuring that the action figure man and the magic eight ball were working together. The kids frantically leaving the room and a fire alarm had gone off.  Tac's sensors detected that the large energy surge that the Police had detected  was coming from a student that was on the ground.

The room had cleared out in the short period of time since Tac arrived. Tac started to edge towards the back of the ball in the hopes to interface with it when suddenly the kid that was on the ground sprung to life, Instantly floating into the air and after a short spiel of how he was flying remembered the magic eight ball and before Tac could interact with it he flew straight into it, denting it and then flinging himself out a window. Things got  worse after that when the Ball declared hostile intentions and blades flew out of it. Tac jumped back getting skimmed by one of the blades across the  chest which sent a spray of sparks out. "Alright Mr eight ball, Lets see what makes you Tic" The ball after destroying the majority of the desks in the room turned and faced Tac, It's face was basically a single eye. But it was also the only place with the lack of blades.

Waiting for the right moment Tac charged and jumped on the Ball, Wrapping around the face with his leg and left arm he placed his right hand on the eye. Tac began to interface with the balls core which housed its programming and whatever AI it might have. "Hm, Rudimentary, No where near self aware. Whatever this thing is its here under command by someone." Tac was occupied trying to get more information of where its commands where coming from that he didn't notice the Ball had began to move again and slammed itself, Tac first into a wall. Tac was lodged into the wall as the ball rolled back. It turned its attention to the window that the flying kid crashed through and rolled out side. "This thing seems to be focused on that student." Tac said to the Metahuman in the room. Tac dislodged himself from the wall and followed out the now second hole the Ball had made.
Tac
Tac

Quote : "At the moment I'm a little lost in this wide world, But hopefully soon I'll find my purpose."

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2015-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen May 8th 2015, 1:33 pm

Well, now things were making a little more sense. It looked like this robot was here for a metahuman and it looked like the flying kid was one. A rookie one by the looks of his control. Even so, the kid was fearless.

For a second, Jeisen had his guns trained on both robots, but ti seems that the second one was here to help. Or something. It got slammed into the side of the walls pretty easily for a robot of that size. Then again, it wasn't the robot that Jeisen was worried about. No, he was more focused on the spinning ball of death that was cutting through the room on a rampage. With the metahuman now outside, Jeisen had a problem of the ball of blades inbetween him and the kid.

Not much of a problem for the likes of Jeisen.

With no hesitation, Jeisen sprinted forward at top speeds. The rotating blades on the robot seemed to hang still as time elongated for Jeisen. His mind and reflexes were kicking in as his comprehension of what was going on grew exponetially. He was moving at roughly a 1000 mph, or half his top speed. He didn't need to go full bore just yet. Firing his wrist launcher, Jeisen pulled him self up into the air. He twisted into a thin torepedo shape as he sailed through a thin gap between the wall and the ball. He could feel the air pressure as the blades sailed razor close to his armor, but he sailed through unharmed.

He hit the groun with a sliding roll as he skidded next to the cratrer where the kid landed. He was in a crouched position, one reaver pointed at the ball robot, one hand offerd to the kid.

Jeisen: "You alright there? We need to get you out of here!"

He shouted over the roar of the blades in a mechanical voice. He hadn't fired a shot yet as his first prority was to get the kid out of danger

[posting order: Jeisen, Ace, Tac]
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace May 9th 2015, 3:49 am

At Tac's touch, the robot retracted it's blades and pretty much everything really, putting itself into system restore mode, at least momentarily. It realised that it didn't really need to do that when the input started looking into it's insides without asking for permission first. The robot may not have been self aware, but it had feelings. Feelings like [SYSTEM ERROR: SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE INITIATED]. Fortunately for those around it, it wasn't very good at internalising those thoughts and blurted it out without regard for how people would feel about that. Nor the fact that he was about to explode and take a large majority of a school with him.

When Ace opened his eyes, he was mildly surprised to find that every bone in his body wasn't broken. In fact, despite the fact that some of his buttons had come off, he was surprisingly okay. Better than that. He didn't have a scratch. "Okay, so super tough as well as flying, this day just keeps getting better" Ace said into the ground as he pushed himself up, turned to face the cloaked man and propped himself up on one arm so he laid in the crater suggestively. Like a French girl on a ship doomed to sink. "Excuse me, now i may have been out of the superhero game for a while, but last time I checked, the guy that can accidentally fly himself out of a window and survive it is probably someone you want around." Ace snapped back, perhaps these new found powers were affecting his mood. Or maybe it was puberty. No one could really tell. "Besides, that thing doesn't seem all that harmful, y'know, apart from all the spikes"

[SELF DESTRUCT SEQUENCE INITIATED]
chimed the robot again, audible from outside the hole in the wall.

"Maybe i'll just hold my tongue next time," Ace straightened himself up and flew up to the opening in the wall besides the now motionless robot and the other robot which seemed to have it's hand on it. He couldn't quite tell.
"Hey there, I'm not trying to be robot racist or anything but could you have a crack at trying to make that... thing" Ace gestured towards the giant pinball, "explode. There's some sentimental value to this place and I don't really want it to blow it up"

[SELF DESTRUCT IN T-MINUS 60 SECONDS]

"Oh, maybe do that quickly."

**OOC: Hey Tac, could you not godmod the robot, or anything really? Just makes the story difficult to navigate is all, thanks!**

Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen May 12th 2015, 10:13 pm

Now this was just getting more and more interesting. Seems this kid was a metahuman of some strength after all. And from his comment, he had been one before hand. What an unusual day this was becoming. Jeisen stood up slowly, his cloak falling around his shoulders. The blue optics of his mask gleamed out fom underneath his hood. With in his helm, Jeisen spoke to Nolan

Jeisen: "anything in the facial regonition about this guy?"

Nolan: "Nothing from a brief scan, but we will have to spend more time to see if he is anywhere. Now about that Robot..."

Jeisen: "can you delay it's timer at all?"

Nolan: "I am unsure sir. I can launch and attack though if you need me too."

Jeisen: "when I strike"

With that, Jeisen charged into the fray, pistols blazing. He opened up fire with one gun as he reached under neath his cloak. He pulled out a small flat device. Like a frisbee, he through it at high speeds. His arm broke the sound barrier, creating a sonic boom as he threw the device at the ball. The device was a gravity ancor, but in reverse. It would counteract the pull of gravity around the ball to the point that Jeisen could lift it with seemingly superhuman strength. If it hit that is.

At the same time, Nolan launched a cyber wave attack against the ball. Nolan was trying to hack I to the ball by attacking several nodes at once. He was aiming to flood the system then worm his way in for the controls on the bomb. If he could stop it or just delay it, it would be a success.
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace May 15th 2015, 1:42 am

The bullets from Jeisen's gun ripped through the robot's hull like putty, clearly this wasn't the most well built robot. It's inputs were flooded with inputs, so much so that the robot's systems started shorting out, sparks flew out of the machine like it was the fourth of July. When the gravity device hit it, half of the outer casing ripped off, slightly floating before sinking back to the ground.

The robot lay there, twitching and sparking slightly.

It was very dead.

Ace arched his eyebrow at Jeisen. "Well... That definitely did something. I think that's our problem sorted"
He said as he moved towards the wreckage, looking around for anything useful.

The wreckage seemed to be filled with mostly crap that didn't make any sense. Computer chips were loose and the only thing connected to the main brain was a small computer. The bomb casing was ripped open and seemed to contain...
"Pinball parts? Who the hell puts pinball parts in a bomb?" Ace exclaimed pushing the bomb casing aside with his foot, revealing a label emblasoned on the underside. YAMADA, it said in white printed on to the inside of the robot's casing. "Huh, No, i'm pretty sure he's..." Ace trailed off.

He swiveled to face Jeisen. "I'm Ale- I mean Ace, nice to meet you. Listen, I think this might be bigger than the junk heap here" He said kicking his shoe against a fallen computer part. "If you want to help me find out you're more than welcome to, but it may take some explaining."  He pointed to the big YAMADA printed on the case.

"Do you like pizza? I know a great place"

**OOC: Feel free to move the action to the pizza place, i'm more or less done here**

Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top