The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_vote_lcapDarrick Faust (Supercharger) I_voting_barDarrick Faust (Supercharger) I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Darrick Faust (Supercharger) I_vote_lcapDarrick Faust (Supercharger) I_voting_barDarrick Faust (Supercharger) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Darrick Faust (Supercharger)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darrick Faust (Supercharger) Empty Darrick Faust (Supercharger)

Post by synncaster December 14th 2014, 12:38 am

Darrick Faust
"I hope this works....."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Supercharger
Title: Dr. Unstable, The Defilibrator
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Brown
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 163
Blood type: A Positive

The Looks

Darrick
Spoiler:

Supercharger
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Darrick is...interesting to say the least. As a stranger, you would assume that he had Tourette's. Naturally loud, anxious, and quite possibly one of the most talkative doctors you would ever meet, Darrick can either get on your nerves, or endear you to him. His smile and his laugh are practically medication on their own. His sense of humor is probably going to be the weirdest thing that you have ever seen, not to mention corny. However, his excitement is surpassed greatly by his care for his patients and his work.  It is said that talking to others, even a comatose patient, focuses his mind on the task at hand by, quite ironically, separating his mouth and his thoughts. Unfortunately, this leads to some very foul words, and to some very awkward questions like, "Do you know that feeling that you get when you're taking a shower and you need to pee?"Once his eccentric exterior is peeled away, it reveals a polite, respectful, although still rather quite loud, man.
There is a side to Darrick that very few people know...a much darker side. As a cost for being perpetually cheery, even in the face of imminent death, his mind is forced to bottle up the darker emotions in a sectioned off corner in his mind. At times, his temper can flare and spark, throwing the normally cheery Darrick into oblivion. This Darrick, in other words, is one sick motherfucker. Add that to the fact that he is a doctor with an extensive knowledge of the human body...
You don't want to know.
History:
Darrick grew up in a typical Korean household in LA. That is, in one very, very strict and scary childhood. The local gangs in Koreatown would always collect protection money from his parent's coffee shop, leaving his family in a rather poor financial state, no matter how successful the business was. In his junior year of high school, the gang beat his father to death in front of his and his mother's eyes.  Powerless to do anything but call 911, Darrick watched as his father faded and withered away. When the paramedics assessed the body of Jung Woo Faust, they pronounced that if medical help had arrived a minute earlier, they would have been able to save him. A minute....
This moment haunted Darrick as he pushed through his studies and began to isolate himself from his friends. His mind was made up. He was going to become a doctor. He would never have to feel helpless again.
When Darrick entered John Hopkins University, he began to reemerge from his isolation, now living away from his mother and in a dorm, when more tragedy struck his home. The gang had burned down the family business. his mother died in the fire. Yet, Darrick had learned to harden himself against the tragedy and push on, this time with the support of numerous professors, colleagues, friends, and other students. Darrick was able to graduate medical school at the early age of 24, an almost unheard of feat. Becoming the ecstatic doctor that he is today, Darrick also became one of the world's most renowned general surgeons. This is probably the reason why his "accident" was so publicized.
While wandering through an unfamiliar wing of the hospital, Darrick, now 25, encountered a brightly-lit clean room. One with no equipment inside. Out of curiosity, he stepped into it, only to have the door close on him. Not that it mattered. Darrick didn't want to leave the room for another minute at the very least.
All of a sudden, Darrick could hear electricity. Like, dangerous power lines electricity. The next moment, electricity was flying and consumed Darrick in crackling sparks. The next moment, he was gone....all that was left were his clothes....
Darrick was reported missing for a few days... then he turned up, naked, outside of the local power grid. The old farmer that found him couldn't touch him. The static that was coming off of him was too painful. A HAZMAT team had to carry him to, not his own hospital, but the School for Metahumans' health center.  There he woke up in a gel holding tank, with his face covered with a breather. When they found him awake they informed him of what had happened. He was in shock. Quite literally, in fact.
They told him that he was now a source of electricity. That he had been supercharged with only minimal damage, into a living generator.
He was fine with it. Ecstatic really. The first question he asked once he was out of the gel tank was, "Can I fly?" They told him they didn't know exactly what he could do yet, bu that they, Sector 13, would help him control himself, as he couldn't really touch anything without charging it or shocking someone.
Six months passed. Not only had Darrick learned to control himself, but he had discovered new things. Due to the constant strain that the electricity put on his body, he achieved greater resistance to pain, an overall stronger constitution. His thought process, due to the constant excitement of the electrons in his brain something or other, had increased his thought processes. Only slightly though.  Just enough so that he could make a costume and some new toys.
Darrick had been able to construct soles for his shoes made from nuoplasium, the most magnetized metal in the world, to use for magnetizing to walls at will, using his own personal charge. He was also able to create a lightning gun made from ocrayum, the most conductive metal in the world, as well, one that used his charges and fired them up to mid-distance. Of course, it fired regular bullets as well when the occasion called for it. This gun, allowed him to create a martial art, too. No, nothing like Taekwando or Karate, no Asian name here, nope. He called it, the Way of the Lightning Strike. Yes, he chose the most corny name for his fighting style. However, despite how corny it sounded, he created a style that effectively utilized his gun, and his fists. Also crotch kicks. Don't forget the crotch kicks.
One year later, Darrick left school to return to life as a doctor. Most of the staff heard wind of his predicament and had sympathized with him. But, again, he really didn't care. He was ecstatic over the fact that he could help people before they were injured and after they were injured. He could become something akin to a superhero. This earned him a new title: "The Defilibrator", for his healing prowess, but also for the shock that he gives.
Unfortunately, due to the electricity's amplification of Darrick's persnality, the darker side to Darrick was born. All those years of pain and anguish, bottled up inside him, manifested into the darker side of Darrick, the anti-hero if you will.  And this part of Darrick would continue to grow, as he recieved more and more grievances to feed on.

The Powers

Power 1: Living Generator: Darrick has the power to manipulate electricity. He is able to supercharge conductive items as well. Therefore, materials such as rubber are not able to be supercharged. This allows him to charge his lightning gun, allowing him to be deadly at close- and mid-range. Darrick is also able to absorb electricty and supercharge himself up to one full minute. However, there is great risk in doing this, as absorbing more than he can handle can result in an overload, stopping his heart. Even if he does not overload, he will receive damage equal to the amount of time that he is  supercharged, leaving him almost helpless when he runs out of energy. In any case, Darrick will only supercharge himself in the most desperate of situations. Without this power, he is not able to utilize the Way of the Lightning Strike to its full potential.

Power 2: Magnetized Soles: Darrick is able to magnetize his nuoplasium soles at will, allowing him to run up walls, ceilings, and metallic surfaces in general.

Power 3: Increased Intelligence: Due to the constant excitement of electrons in his brain, his thought processes have increased in speed, allowing him to create new gadgets, as well as helping in his medical practice.

Power 4: Increased Speed: The electricity gives Darrick copious amounts of energy, increasing his speed.

Power 5: Increased Endurance: Due to the constant strain put on his body from containing the electricity, his body is given increased resistance to regular punches, kicks, and even bullets and knives.

Power 6: Healing Hands: Darrick is a general surgeon that is highly knowledgeable in medicine.

Grid
Intelligence: 5
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Durability :6
Ability: 6
Fighting Skills:5
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 1
Wealth:1

Last edited by synncaster on December 14th 2014, 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
synncaster
synncaster

Quote : "I hope this works..."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 35
Job : Student
Humor : [22:12:28]@ Danger : I just wanna touch my fanservice
Registration date : 2014-12-13

Back to top Go down

Darrick Faust (Supercharger) Empty Re: Darrick Faust (Supercharger)

Post by Forceaus December 14th 2014, 12:44 am

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 14th 2014, 4:49 pm

Unapproved for edits

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by synncaster December 14th 2014, 5:53 pm

Edited appearance and weapons.

Spoiler:
synncaster
synncaster

Quote : "I hope this works..."

Number of posts : 35
Job : Student
Humor : [22:12:28]@ Danger : I just wanna touch my fanservice
Registration date : 2014-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 14th 2014, 5:56 pm

Reapproved

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top