The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_vote_lcapSean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_voting_barSean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_vote_lcapSean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_voting_barSean Michael Atterrius-Collin I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin Empty Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin

Post by Arcana January 28th 2014, 1:41 am

Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin
”Maaaagic.”

Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin ZoR0kN9

Basic Biography

Hero Name:  Arcana
Title:  That one magic guy
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Silver
Height: 5’3
Weight: 125
Blood type: A-

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality: Sean is a pretty simple individual when one gets down to it. Prone to playful sarcasm and quips as if trying to infantilize a situation, commonly having some kind of smile or smirk on his lips even in dangerous situations.  Even prone to throw out playfully flirtatious banters to annoy adversaries or just people in conversation. The kind of person to follow his intuition instead of a cold logic, believing in his own sense of justice and very rarely straying when he puts his mind to something.   Is deceptively intelligence, relying on people thinking he’s dim to his advantage. Despite his more abrasive tendencies, and being likely to fly off the handle when he’s overcome with emotion Sean is in the end a good person and tries to help as many people as he can.

History: Sean was born to a witch, not the ugly kind that rode on brooms, but a woman that practiced the art of magic, so sorceress might be the more proper term. Okay, his mother may have tried to fly on a broom, but we’re talking about Sean here, not how his mother broke both legs trying to fly a broom. This woman was named Elena Marie, a prominent member of the magical society, and one that was perhaps reviled by those families that held the most sway within it, stealing much knowledge from them and compiling it all. His father on the other hand was no mage, hell, he had no idea that magic existed until Elena Marie walked into his life, and somehow managed to change it forever. While some believe that there was some kind of love spell that made this relationship, it is what some hopeless romantics would call true love. It was around two years into this relationship, and two months into marriage that Sean was born, after around three tragic miscarriages.

No one was happier than Elena Marie, who was inspirable from the child since she was strong enough to hold him. The one to overlook the birth was the matron of the Hale family, and perhaps greatest ally to the sorceress, Arianna Hale, as well as her older children. It was from a young age that Sean found himself friends with the youngest of the hale children Aaron, who was a year older than him, but there was some kind of connection there. From the age of three, the two were practically inseparable, if only because Seanattached himself to the other like some kind of leech, following him everywhere; much to the teasing of his twin Brandon. It was around the age of eleven that Sean was taken along with the rest of the apprentices, and perhaps to finally test his aptitude in magic, as Arianna had pressed the woman ever since he hit the age of five. For some reason the Crimson Witch did not want to do so, or perhaps she was simply waiting for Sean to show some skill on his own; however nothing showed.

It was during the training that she learned something about her son, something that perhaps came as a shock more to him than to her. Sean was unable to perform magic, not even the smallest of cantrips were within his abilities, making him the target of teasing among most of the apprentices. It was perhaps this that made Sean lose interest in trying to even learn basic occult knowledge, though both Aaron and Elena Marie forced him to continue anyway. During this time Elena Marie and Arianna Hale concocted something, a spell that would allow Sean the simple abilities of an element, the one that he was most tied to, and in the end it was decided that element was water. So soon enough Sean found himself gifted with a gift of his own, one that would put him up there among mages; the ability of hydrokinesis. That was when Sean took more interest in magic, learning to control his gift from his mother alongside the apprentices as usual. It was within this time that he was also taught how to defend himself, incase his magic was not available or when dealing with a physically weaker foe.

Life was good for the young man, everything seeming to go right; minus the stint with Aaron’s twin at any rate. Well, it was fine until someone managed to do what was thought to be impossible, which was murder Elena Marie, the crimson witch. No one took it harder than Sean, with the exception of his father, who committed suicide and perhaps pushed the young male off the deep end. Sean fell into a deep depression, drinking and sleeping around with little regard for anyone he hurt. This went on as it did for a short while, until he met a young man by the name of Phoenix, and he invited the young hydrokinetic to join a team of metahumans that were trying to do good in the city of New York. Sean despite himself accepted this invitation, and became part of “The Talons”, along with some other metahumans, though it was within that time that he found himself dealing with more trouble than he had ever wanted; adding a few scars on the young mans body.

He was even there when New York was being attacked, joining along with a young metahuman named Plural in defending Brooklyn, his home. In the end however he failed, and his home was destroyed, by flood waters and the undead that ravaged the place, all ending when they managed to defeat Necrodium, but barely. Not long after this even, the city was invaded by what could be only described as other dimensional versions of themselves, destroying New York even more, and in the end the small group was done with, destroyed with its leader’s death. It was however not the case, as the young pyrokinetic Phoenix returned, and within this time Sean came into contact with a powerful artifact, one tied with the Soul Stream. Within that instant, the spell upon him was broken but while he lost his hydrokinetic abilities, Sean found something else happening to him.

That surge of energy had awoken his dormant Titan genes, forcing Sean to awaken to what he truly was, a being that fed off the very essence of death itself. Within this uncertain time, he met Sailerya, someone that led a group known as OCEAN, a woman whose means he did not agree with but he felt as if it were his duty to perhaps restrain her killer instinct in some ways. This arrangement went on for a good time, until Sean met with an interesting individual, the male known as Zell Atterrius, an even that set him off into the path of darkness, towards being the Titan king that he was meant to be. It was Ouroboros, the darkness within the man that drew Sean, and even seduced him into attempting to kill the metahuman Shara. In the end it was Zell, or rather Ouroboros that struck her down, Sean facing death himself, only to be revived by the ethereal, and a mission forming within his now sickly twisted mind. It was his duty to kill Zell, and by doing so, he would allow Ouroboros to awaken, to fully come into his power. So following something within him, Sean found himself in Georgia, where he fought old allies, and met with Atterrius, perhaps for the last time.

Within the last moments of the battle, Zell managed to neutralize the Titan and lock him away in a prison of his own design, one that he thought Sean would never get out of. It was not the case however, as he was able to escape, thanks to the newly born Ouroboros, who then created an isle for his people within less than two days. Within this time, Sean was introduce to the entirety of the creation, and began to learn more about his own powers beyond that. He was only growing stronger, until one thing happened, Zell Atterrius managed to surface, and break the network of markings that ran over his body, which began the degradation of his powers. One wouyld ask how cutting off an arm would cause him to weaken, and that within itself would take too long to explain, (as well as the fact there was some kind of soul twin.) 

This took place after the birth of his two sons, Silus and Michael. Things seemed to be going right for him, until his powers finally gave out, in a situation where someone had thrown his youngest into the desert, and he spent the last of his power to save the young ethereal. With no more power within his body,Sean was once again a simple human, something that he had no0t long ago despised, which lead to perhaps a bout of self-loathing. It was not long after this that a great bout happened on the isles, one to stop Ouroboros, though if the intent was to kill him Sean was not exactly sure. In the end however, he and most of those important to the newly empowered ethereal king left the isle with Elena Marie, and it was then that he finally had a talk with his mother, who promise that she would restore his arm and powers to him.  However it was not her that managed to restore him but the newly revived Ethereal king, through some rather intriguing methods involving the blood of a dragon, and after the incubation period his powers awakened; so he became a dragon. However that was not enough for the Titan council upon Sean taking the back his throne as the Titan king, and so they planned something, which was Sean becoming a full Titan; rather than letting a halfling rule over them.

So while forcing Sean to retrieve a powerful artifact, they planned it to do something he was not expecting; to awaken his Titan blood and to bring him fully into his Abyssal Lordship, far more powerful than before and perhaps even more of the perfect Titan. In ths end this succeeded, and perhaps the greatest rule of The Abyss was truly born. However it was this gift that would betray him, as The Abyss became sentient through him and began to use him to spread the decay through his own realm. Despite what he did to suppress him, Sean was too weak and had to accept the help of The Archon and the dragon Yamm. It was then that he was separated from Thanatos and quickly became the being known as APEX, using his newfound powers to defeat the titan and force him back to The Abyss. 

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

The Nether Tome: A series of glyphs on his right arm of a strange glowing black ink ringed in red that allows Sean to control the element of Nether using these glyphs as a conduit. The nether when called upon tends to cause a rapid corrosion and decay of matter hit by it, even of inorganic materials that are too close to the energy. This is perhaps the most offensivly powerful of Sean’s magics, capable of being formed into blasts as well as simple to even complex constructs of an odd inky black energy with the consistency of ink, unless condensed to be more solid. Making use of this energy causes his right eye to be ringed with a strange red light.

The Aether Stream: A golden line of glyphs that winds around Sean’s left arm, seemingly catching light and reflecting light in a brilliant fashion. It is constantly flowing with an immense amount of aether energy, allowing the person inscribed with the tattoo to control the element of aether. This energy can take a solid form, capable of forming protective barriers as well as healing those it is cast over. Those feeling the effects of this energy are filled with a warm sensation, rapidly healing wounds, physical as well as potentially even calming the emotional state of those being affected by it. Using this energy causes his left eye to be ringed with a golden energy.

Master of the elements: The element of Aether is difficult enough for a human to learn, let alone master and the step to doing so has always been mastering the four basic elemental magics that most mages are started with. The elements of water, fire, air and earth. These magics are used through four colored tattoos placed over his heart.

• The magic of Fire: A bombastic and brilliant element, known for its willful nature and constant hunger. Sean is capable of sparking fires with sheer will, using his own personal energy as a kindling to allow the initial ignition as well as to increase its size. His control of the fire is impressive, allowing him to form torrents of flame, fireballs as well as an almost masterful manipulation of the flames he has created as well as those around him. These flames created by him take on a reflection of his personality, appearing a sky blue in color.

• The Magic of water: A cool and fluid elemental magic, Sean has always held an affinity for water and this is perhaps the magic that he has the most control in. Much like fire, he can draw together certain elements within the air and substitute the lacking ones with his own energy to produce water should there be none around. Water produced through this way hold a strange glowing appearance to it. He can mold the water into various shapes, constructs and even control the pressure of the water to form offensive attacks as well as minor utilitarian things.

• The magic of Air: the flight element of air, an element part of dangerous disasters known as hurricanes, tornadoes and capable of affecting the other elements just as they can affect one another. Sean can conjure up small gusts to great maelstroms, as well as blades of wind capable of slicing through steel. Through his master of air, Sean is also capable of willing himself through the air.

• The magic of Earth: A magic that allows one to willfully manipulate the solid element of earth controlling the natural element in the forms of solid earth as well as sand, clay. Anything else such as crystals as well as any refined materials such as metal are not within his control. Meaning his control is strictly over earthen elements.

Knowledge of the walker: In his training with the realm walker Elena Marie, Sean was granted a minute fraction of their vast knowledge. This has allowed him an incredible amount of understanding in things concerning  anything within the realm of the arcane, turning his mind almost into a manner of vault that he can peruse for the knowledge required if it resides there. Despite how vast this store of knowledge is, Sean is not fully capable of accessing it easily, but the possibilities are there. The influx of knowledge has managed to increase his brains processing power to a near superhuman level as well.

Immense combat proficiency: His connection with the soul stream has increased his overall knowledge, adding a seemingly limitless number of combat skills through his mind by those who inhabit the soul stream, making him a virtual combat god. This also increases his overall reaction skills.

Mana restraint release 1:The human body can only channel so much mana through it without suffering irreparable harm, so they are born with limiters that keep them from channeling too much power. There are certain ways to bypass this, either through external focus’ or internal understanding of this matrix of energy coursing through ones body. Given the knowledge he was awarded by The Realm Walker, Sean has been given a lost way of doing so which involves funneling both aether and nether through his body. With enough of both, he can progressively and temporarily break these limits, allowing him greater power. While releasing the first limiter, glowing silver runes curl along his neck and past his jawline. The greatest benefit of this ability is that his magic gains an immense boost to potency. His fire can burn harder, water achieve greater pressure, winds low harder and manipulate greater amounts of earth without an issue.

Physical Enhancement Magic: Seeing his own physical weakness, Sean had eventually learned that his human body isn’t enough to handle the sheer mana he’s capable of channeling through his body. By keeping mana constantly channeled through the soft flesh of his body as well as even the bones, he is capable of reinforcing those otherwise flimsy sections of the human body. No longer fragile, he can withstand human blows without a scratch, even going uninjured by bullets, knives and even most manmade weapons. Bombs and weapons like that however are still able to harm him.

Weakness(es)

A brilliant light: Nether is naturally weak against light based or holy magics.

Even brilliant lights will fade: Aether is ineffective in protecting against dark energies, and will break easier when forced to protect against them.

Doused: Water is a useful element in dousing flames, and better counters his fire magic.

Out of sight: his earth magic works best with the element being in his line of sight and without it he finds it difficult to control.

Detained: His air magic is more effective when he can guide the winds with physical motions, so if he cannot move then this power is near useless.

A complex: Sean is short and hates being reminded of that, which tends to make him act irrationally when brought up.

Anti magic wards: Anti magic wards and spells can disrupt his magical abilities.

Hindrance: Damage to the tattoos that act as conduits for his magic can disrupt his magical abilities associated with the tattoos.

Souls energies: Energies associated with the soul tend to resonate with his connection with the soul stream and causes him immense pain, stopping him from using magic until the energy works its way through.

Stay focused: Sean must maintain a certain level of concentration to retain flight, and if that is broken he can be sent plummeting.

Steel: Extended contact with steel while enhancing his physical ability can cause it to rapidly drain mana. The speed all depends on the size of the steel and area of skin contact.

Opposites detract: If Sean begins using Nether magic that makes the opposing Aether magic weak and vice versa. That means to heal he must give up the potency of his ultimate offense and the other way around.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

Items/Minions
Bottomless Satchel: By undoing the clasp, one us able to access a small pocket dimension. Within that pocket dimension they can place any object that can realistically fit within the entrance, and even recall it by thinking of it while reaching it. It has no conceivable limit, but even the bag itself has flaws.

One size does not fit all: While the bag has a great carrying capacity, should the exterior be damage it cannot access the pocket dimension. Additionally the bad can only carry things that could conceivably fit through the flap. While that does leave a lot of room for things, it also means he cannot put anything too big inside. Along with that the bag has no atmosphere, meaning that living things cannot be safely stored within.

Physical Priority

1. Reaction
2.Agility
3.Endurance
4.Strength

Last edited by Arcana on June 14th 2023, 11:00 pm; edited 33 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed Souls tream affinity, hyphenated name and changed age)
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin Empty Re: Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin

Post by Silus January 28th 2014, 1:43 am

Approved until stated otherise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac January 29th 2014, 4:50 am

Unapproved for edits

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sean Michael Atterrius-Collin Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Number of posts : 643
Job : Your salvation through destruction.
Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac January 29th 2014, 4:54 am

Reapproved-ed

Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana March 1st 2014, 4:16 am

Moved for edits
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac March 1st 2014, 4:19 am

reapproved

Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dissonance June 25th 2014, 3:22 pm

Moved for edits.

Illuminati - Freedom is weakness, Freedom... Is an illusion.
Dissonance
Dissonance
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Dissonance June 25th 2014, 4:18 pm

Re-approved and moved to Villains!

Illuminati - Freedom is weakness, Freedom... Is an illusion.
Dissonance
Dissonance
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 26th 2014, 5:37 am

Edits to Sean done.

His transformation from Thanatos to APEX is complete, allowing him a different set of abilities and disallowing him to access his old ones.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 3rd 2014, 3:54 pm

Edited, moved points from int into ability.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei October 3rd 2014, 4:01 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Entei
Quick Draw
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Entei
Quick Draw

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei October 10th 2014, 5:54 pm

Moved for edits.

Entei
Quick Draw
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quick Draw

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 10th 2014, 6:00 pm

Edited power limitations
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei October 10th 2014, 6:03 pm

Approved.

Entei
Quick Draw
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quick Draw

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 28th 2014, 5:17 pm

Edits made, moved 6 from ability to durability and fs
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top