The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_vote_lcapTest Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_voting_barTest Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_vote_lcapTest Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_voting_barTest Flight (Open to Chellizard) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Test Flight (Open to Chellizard)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) Empty Test Flight (Open to Chellizard)

Post by Icarus Ronó August 15th 2013, 9:04 am

Icarus had been through a rough first week.  Not that his day job was hard, only that it was boring.  Between that and the mental bloc he had encountered for the last few weeks on his armor, he was about ready to call the whole hero thing quits.  He had the perfect suit of armor.  He had the perfect place to monitor for criminal business, at his job at the Police Department in Tampa's IT department.  But his hero alter ego just couldn't get anywhere to save anybody in time.  That was the problem when you weighed 410 pounds in your armor.  

The armor used to be able to fly.  That was the most beautiful thing about it, other then it's futuristic good looks.  The first night he had worn it, he had been able to fly high in the sky.  The HUD display said they had reached speed of over 300 mph.  Now, the best the silly hunk of junk could do was a rocket assisted jump.  And it couldn't even jump that high.  And the jumps were getting shorter.  It was a regular dilemma.  Shorter jumps... no flight.  Suddenly Icarus' mind blew a lightbulb, literally.  Fuel!  The electron-ion blasters must have needed more fuel.  He raced back to his apartment, mind ecstatic.  He barely noticed people's cellphones going haywire all around him as he ran, his excitement powering their systems past the point of functioning properly.   Up to his room, fumbling with the keys, into his closet, where the suit was, disassembled, helmet lying on the ground, looking like someone lost their head.  

He lifted up the calf piece of the right leg - then put it down and closed the blinds.  It wouldn't do to disclose is secret identity to anyone who happened to look up into his window from one of the neighboring buildings.

He pried open the device, and set it down on his table.  It snapped open at a mental command, and powered up.  There.  Simple as could be, there were the slots, right in the calf, little tiny things, so small as to be unnoticed, unless you knew what you were looking at.  Naturally they were meant for a solid fuel, and at the bottom of the little slots were little tiny bits of silvery metal.  Icarus examined it.  It had to be lithium.  It was so light, and even as he watched, it corroded away to nothing but dusty-grey material.  Lithium, lithium.  He had that.  It was up by the cinnamon in the cabinet.  No wonder his dad's basement had so much!!  That is what powered the boosters!  He had plenty of lithium!

It took only a few minutes to have both sets of booster engines refueled with the metal.  Hundreds of miles of sub-sonic flight were ahead of him now.  He assembled the suit on himself, carefully left his apartment, and took the elevator for the roof.  If anybody saw him, he reasoned he could just say he was cosplaying.  That excuse worked al the time.  

But there was no need.  No one was in the apartment complex.  It was a beautiful day.  The other tenants were probably at the beach.  They had real lives.  

Ha. If only they could fly, thought Icarus. He could, and it made him feel superior.  He was basically superman now.  He could fly, and was bulletproof.  He didn't have a laser - but that could be next. Lasers were easy to build.  

Icarus stood on the edge of the building, 15 stories in the air, dramatically clenched his fists, and ignited the ion-thrusters in his boots. They hummed to life and took off with a jet like roar, not a problem to be found.  He was flying!  He couldn't believe it!  He could go anywhere!!

Then there was a muted roar-cough, and the boosters gave out.  

"Damn." Said Icarus, and then he was weightless, falling, falling, only to land, stunned,  with a crash in a dumpster in the back alley behind his apartment building.

Last edited by Icarus Ronó on August 15th 2013, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammatical Errors)
Icarus Ronó
Icarus Ronó

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 26
Job : Student
Humor : Check a mirror.
Registration date : 2013-08-13

Back to top Go down

Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) Empty Re: Test Flight (Open to Chellizard)

Post by Chellizard August 15th 2013, 10:33 pm

The sound of cars, birds, and ocean waves peaking and breaking against soft, white sand flooded through a slightly open window. The heat from outside could not overpower the window unit that was in another window of this corner hotel room. The cool air was keeping a sleeping beauty from waking up in a pile of sweat. Rising from her slumber, though, it was obviously midday. Snatching the phone she had procured recently, she noticed the screen go fuzzy and it powered off. Raising a brow, she dropped it. The device fell onto the bed dressed in tangled sheets and blankets.

Sighing, she rose from the bed and stepped toward the small bathroom. Sink, toilet, and shower. All she needed. Staring at herself, however, she sighed again. Her mocha skin looked a little flushed. Perhaps it was the nightmares she was having Her first days on Earth had been spent with three strange women, so it was nice to be away from them. Thinking back, she had vacationed in Tampa, Bay as a child. Well, her subconscious was told that. She had honestly never been here. Not physically, at least.

Staring back at her was a reflection of herself. Her eyes, green, were a bit brighter than normal. She blinked a few times, and the green dulled down to a normal shade. A soft hiccup hitched in her throat, and then her head throbbed. "I must've drank last night..." groaning at her reflection, she swiped her hand over the mirror in an X fashion to mark herself out.

"Shower, food, and a walk will do me good..." she said, peeling out of last night's bar attire. Even the Aegis of Earth needs to cut loose sometimes, too.

--

Now dressed in high waist, white shorts and a short sleeved silky shirt that was partially see-through, she walked down the sidewalk. Her feet were dressed in black sandals, and they matched her black bikini. Her mocha skin made her choice of attire seem brighter. Wrinkling her nose, she felt a sneeze come on. Just before she did, she looked up and saw what appeared to be a red and gold suit of armor flying. Unaware of her own ability to fly, she made haste to dash into the alleyway the suit of armor crashed into.

Stepped into the mouth of the alleyway, she peered down it, the shadows shifting as clouds covered and uncovered the sun up above. "Shit. Uhm, hello!?" she called, playing the dumb, concerned citizen with a hand on her hip.

"Anyone there?" she asked again.

Braving the situation, she stepped forward and was no longer a regular concerned citizen. She was a concerned hero.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Test Flight (Open to Chellizard) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Icarus Ronó August 15th 2013, 10:53 pm

"Ohhh", Said Icarus. "My head!"

The armor was in sleep mode.  No one could hear, see, or get in or out.  A quick mental command fixed that, and the armor hummed to life.  HUD popped up, and status after status flew in front of his face.  

Power: 93%
Armor Integrity: 100%
Weapons: 100%
Graphene-Electron Byways: 100%
IonCharge: 100%
NueralNet: 98%
Fuel: 99%

That last one was the one that confused him.  If his fuel was at 99%, why couldn't he fly? He was sure that was the problem... He was mulling over that question when HUD brought up the fact there was a woman approaching.  Icarus mentally locked his face-plate, and turned on the external speakers as he saw her approach.  She was beautiful, african-american-ish, and had one funny looking haircut.  He climbed out of the dumpster, as regally as possible.  Normally he knew he was impressive - a 6'5" sportscar-colored robot with glowing palms, eyes, and chest RT had to look impressive - but that impressiveness was going to be dented when one was climbing out of a dumpster.  

"I'm OK, I'm OK.  Just running a test," said Icarus.  "There's really no need to worry, at all."  
Icarus Ronó
Icarus Ronó

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 21st 2013, 1:13 am

Raising a brow, she brushed a hand back against her odd hair. She liked her odd hair, though. It was braided back, resembling a weird Mohawk, seeing as the sides of her noggin was shaved down. To the naked eye, it looked as if she had mentally picked this hair style. Well, she sort of had, but it was forced this way because of her alien form's tendril's. No one would put those two together, though. She had taken on a very different personality for her Alien form.

But now was not the time to bring that personality to light. Putting on a porcelain smile, she chuckled. A hand fell to rest on her hip, and she rose a brow.

"Are you a goodie or baddie? Cause I don't wanna have to beat you up with my purse," she said, her smiling growing.

She knew that her purse could do little to nothing in comparison to the large robotic figure standing in front of her. And, her question was answer when he spoke.

"Ah, all right. I guess, carry on with whatever you were testing," she said, shrugging.

Then, a scream lashed out and a car went whizzing by. Guns were being fired, spraying at another car that was riding side-by-side with the aforementioned vehicle. The two vehicles, one black with white racing stripes, and the other a silver Cadillac, were racing and firing at each other. A woman had screamed to alert the other pedestrians of the oncoming street war before it turned the corner. She must have dealt with gun shots before. It was as if it triggered the woman's old PTSD.

"So, since you're wearing the outfit, why not save the day?" she asked, acting abnormally calm about this whole situation.

But, she wasn't worried. She'd just have to ditch this hunk of metal and transform in an alleyway where he wasn't. That's all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Icarus Ronó August 21st 2013, 2:39 pm

Icarus smiled back at her, but then stopped when he realized she couldn't see his smile through the face plate anyway. The car and the gunshots startled him, but he remembered a moment later he was in a bulletproof -hell, it was missile proof - armor. He turned to the girl, LED eye sensors flaring a little.

"Saving the day is what I do best," he said heroically. Internally he was a little nervous - and he barely noticed that the girl was all nonchalant about gunfire and racing cars. Maybe she was high - there were no shortage of people on drugs in Tampa. He would have waved it off if there hadn't been a unique energy signature, faint, but weak, like an aura around her, one that he wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been for the radio-vision the computer in the suit brought up.

Icarus paused mid-step, and turned to her, armor whining like an RC car. "Are you a meta-human, or are you just high?"

He didn't wait for an answer, because more shots were fired in the background. People's lives were in danger, and he had the responsibility to save them, regardless of his curiosities regarding this random girl's identity.

"I have to go," he said over his shoulder, dashing for the street, titanium boots clanking and sparking against the hot dark concrete. "But stay there! I have a couple of questions for you!"

And with that he rocketed out into the street, half-jumping, half-flying after the gun-blazing cars. He nearly crashed right after the first jump, and on the second he knocked over some outdoor chairs and tables. He opened up a police line on the radio of his helmet.

"Hello, this is an emergency broadcast - I have an armed car chase, civilian-based, multiple shots fired. This is a 9102 emergency. All units respond!"

"Who the hell is this!?" Crackled a voice in response.

"This is Mercury, Tampa's newest superhero!" Beamed back Icarus. If he had his way, he'd soon be Tampa's greatest superhero, ever.

Icarus Ronó "Mercury"
Icarus Ronó
Icarus Ronó

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 22nd 2013, 10:42 am

. o O ( saying you see someone's aura is stretching it. I'll let it pass this one time, but don't make it a habit. )

She leaned out of the alleyway and looked off after the cars, cupping a hand over her brows. Her nostrils flared a little bit. She was smelling the air, determining any sign of blood. None that she could tell in the immediate proximity. As in, no stray casualties. Her sniffing would support his drug-user theory, thus making her seem like a Tampa regular.

A laugh found it's way passed her lips, her hands clapping and then an index finger pointed down the street.

"By all means, save the day, hero! No one's holding you back." she said, finally noticing how tall the suit of armor really was.

Watching as he bolted off, the question stayed with her, and she answered out loud, even though he could not hear her.

"Meta-human... no. High? Maybe." not a lie, and even if it were, he wasn't here to witness it.

Which meant she had time to assume the role of Aegis. Her new found identity.

The shadows of the alley were perfect, and an old milk crate was a good enough place to stash her belongings. She would just have to remember where she put them to begin with. They had all been loaned to her by the girl's she had met in Texas. Most of it was weird, but she appreciated the things she was given.

As soon as she had stripped down, she closed her eyes and reopened them.

"Ascend." she commanded.

Her body became stark white, and dark lines traced along her body. Her hair became tendrils that stretched and bent back to mesh with her spine. The reason her hair was cut so oddly.

Her lips were black, matching the lines tracing along her body. It was time for her to try out her most recently found power.

Flight.

Looking up, she felt herself start to lift from the ground. The cosmic energy, that makes up roughly sixty percent of her DNA, reacted with Earth's gravitational pull. As such, her body reacts differently and allows her to fly. It also allows her to super-jump. But, she's new to this whole flying thing, so it's not going to be smooth at first.

And she was right.

Breaching the mouth of the alleyway was one thing, but keeping herself from taking a sharp nose dive into the pavement was another. She soared, and used her arms as guidance, but mainly just glided, moving from roof top to roof top. Her feet barely touched down, but with a gently push, she leaped over gaps normal people would need a running start for.

Her feet became encased in an iridescent cosmic energy each time she was 'flying.' It looked as if little platforms were forming to keep her afloat.

And that was somewhat right.

All that aside, she had two vehicles to catch. The gunshots brought her attention to Jefferson Street. A small smile curled over her lips, and then she halted and held out her hands.

"Shield."

A large bubble formed around each vehicle, and started to lift them up off of the ground. Uzma floated down, just as police sirens came blaring around the corner.

Her voice rang out, loud and heard by the citizens that looked up in awe at her ethereal form.

"Citizens of Earth. I beg you not to fight, and not to waste your energy with pointless bickering."

"IT'S AN ALIEN! EVERYONE RUN!"

and a panic broke out.

Of course that would happen.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Icarus Ronó August 22nd 2013, 8:37 pm

Icarus did a three-point land and roll, metal clanking and sparking orange on the tarmac, sun glinting on his armor's shiny surface.  He expected everyone to be staring at him - he was, after all, a fantastic and intimidating thing.  But instead everyone was running in every direction, faces in awe as they looked over their shoulders and ran/stumbled away.  Traffic backed up, and people blared their horns.  And then he saw it.  It was something alien, and it was floating in the air, 40 odd feet down Jefferson Street.  It seemed to have the two criminal cars in some sort of bubble-ensnarment, bright in color but transparent, but smooth and calm looking.  It was a little intimidating - so much power!

The thing said something, accent undeterminable, and Icarus missed it,  mostly because he was so overcome with awe and fear and a mixture of that strange tenseness that the unknown carried.  

"Play that again - what she said," he ordered the onboard AI.  

The voice was faint.  Icarus mentally had the computer increase the volume.  

"Citizens of earth - {STATIC}.  Fight - {STATIC} - Your energy - {STATIC} - waste with pointless bickering."  

Icarus mind, filled with anxiety and tenseness, registered that as a threat.  Weapons systems switched to mid-range, HUD going dark blue, eye-targets ranging the alien things body.  His hands raised, arms extended, palm ion blasters powering up with a whine and a faint blue glow.  They were effective to a range of about 100 yards, so at this range they would be fine.  

Next he sent out a red signal to the police cars coming.   This would keep them away from the thing, and out of harms way, because a red signal meant that there was heavy armament present, and that police cars would not be safe enough.  Somewhere in the back of his consciousness Icarus wondered if the police department would send in the armored trucks, or maybe even a SWAT team.  A red signal was rare, even for a druggie town like like Tampa.  

He turned on the armor's external speaker and turned up the volume to high.  His voice would boom out over the street, electronic and processed, louder than the pandemonium all around.  He was nervous, but the computer would change his tone and make him sound more confident then he actually was.

"You, in the white with the Medusa head.  Put the cars down, and come down, hands behind your head!"  

The instant after he said that Icarus pondered if maybe he was asking something he couldn't enforce, or maybe that he was being to threatening.   If all those alien movies that he watched were right, this alien femme would turn to him, and destroy him with a thought.  With an after thought he added -

"Please?"
Icarus Ronó
Icarus Ronó

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 1st 2013, 5:22 pm

Her Alien Form.

The men inside of the vehicles were, for lack of a better term, freaking out. They attempted to shoot the iridescent shield, and failed horribly. The cars rocked dangerously close to tipping over inside of the spherical shields. Uzma was holding on to them, though. She wouldn't let the imbeciles tip over and crush themselves. Slowly, but surely, she let the cars touch ground, the shields dissipating and releasing the gang bangers when the police cars had arrived.

But, coincidentally, her new metal friend had made a guest appearance as well. Wonderful. Floating in mid air, she let her hands stay by her sides, even when he asked her to raise them above her head.

I'll finish this later. My day got busier than I thought it would.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top