The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Agent Afterdark I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Agent Afterdark I_vote_lcapAgent Afterdark I_voting_barAgent Afterdark I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Agent Afterdark I_vote_lcapAgent Afterdark I_voting_barAgent Afterdark I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Agent Afterdark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Agent Afterdark Empty Agent Afterdark

Post by Agent Afterdark February 28th 2013, 4:25 pm

AGENT AFTERDARK

”Evil men do not fear the night. They fear what lives
within it. Neither man nor monster escapes after dark!”

Basic Biography

Hero Name: Agent Afterdark
Title: The Master of Men’s Minds, that Goddamned Vampire (as described by certain underworld figures), Double A. (nickname, given by allies)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human – Caucasian, British ancestry
Hair: Light brown hair, worn in a thick shag cut.
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 175lbs
Blood type: B

The Looks

As Milo:
Broad-shouldered, wiry frame. He has a dark mole high on his right cheek and a small, whitish scar on the left side of his neck, close by his jawline. He often has a couple of days’ worth of stubble on his face, and his left earlobe is pierced with a silver stud inset by a small diamond. Has no set outfit, however his most common day attire includes a dishevelled black suit, brown shoes, a chessboard tie worn loose around his neck, his favourite light brown flat cap and a green Crombie coat. He always wears a golden band mounted with a diamond in the shape of a playing card spade on his right ring finger, which is used to initiate his transformation. This ring contains a stamp in the shape of the pin on his alter ego’s hat, used as a calling card.

As Agent Afterdark:
As his disguise, Milo dons a black waistcoat with white trim and brass buttons, over a dark blue shirt fastened at the wrists by silver-and-gold, eye-shaped cufflinks, a grey cravat, black gloves with capped knuckles, black trousers fastened by a belt, and black shoes with padded soles to soften the noise of his footsteps. The most striking elements of this ensemble, however, are his black, wide-brimmed trilby with a grey band and an orange pin on one side resembling a setting sun, a grey mask obscuring the upper half of his face, the angular eye-pieces being ordinarily black but able to turn white or blazing orange as a cosmetic fear tactic when required, and his black cape, which has a large, pointed collar and can be used to increase his invisibility as well as offer him an extra degree of protection. Afterdark lacks Milo’s facial stubble and his hair is slightly longer, darker and wilder. He wears his other identity’s ring in this form, over top of his glove.

The Legacy

Personality:
Milo is normally a quiet person who enjoys reading and writing, or taking things apart in order to understand how they work. A collection of painted figurines all around his flat and often sitting on his desk evidences a love of strategic war games, and posters and other assorted memorabilia come from a keen interest in classic or obscure cinema. In fact the more obscure it is, the more he seems to like it. He will usually have music playing in the background at home, with no fixed genre, ranging from jazz to heavy metal to the works of Beethoven and Wagner, amongst others. His view when asked about which is his favourite usually consists of a muttered, “Good music,” and little elaboration. The flat is usually cluttered, but not impossible to navigate as he usually knows where all his possessions are. He keeps few but good friends, and has a sarcastic but not overly acidic sense of humour, unless he is provoked, in which case he will administer verbal punishments. He is slow to lose his temper, but those who know him admit that to see him lose his temper is a frightening thing to behold. Operating in a world where supernatural entities fight on both sides of the law, Milo makes up for his lack of superpowers through sheer cunning and determination. He refuses to give up, and never compromises.

History:
Milo Truscott was born the son of a Navy Commodore, a man of dignity that people were proud to know. Understandably, it was thought that his son would follow in his footsteps, but this was not to be. Milo had little interest in the Navy, or really in doing anything considered fulfilling or productive. He was intelligent enough and a fine student at school, but he was quiet, angry and socially apathetic. He hung out as part of a sub-culture crowd during secondary school, getting into the same trouble as them, sometimes going to excesses, making his behaviour difficult for even his so-called, “friends,” to predict. He was able to avoid capture and concealed much of his activity from his family, but coming home every other week with new cuts and bruises drove them to worry. Milo did not seem to care.

His path of self-destruction reached a critical point when he joined the gang on a trip to a seaside town for a weekend of sex, alcohol, drugs and violence that culminated in a riot against a rival group. Milo was one of those able to escape being rounded up by the law, and made it back home, only to be confronted about his impromptu disappearance and the newspaper report of the riot, by his parents. The resultant argument was fierce, and in a fit of anger, Milo’s father lost his temper and struck him in a way that left a scar he still bears today. An awkward, horrified pause followed, and Milo fled before his father could apologise. It was the last time they saw one another, as Milo caught a train back to the seaside town and fell into a haze, riding aimlessly across the countryside. Confusion gave way to depression and self-loathing, and more than once he contemplated suicide, and it was one of his attempts that saw him lose his moped, hurling it off the edge of a cliff and allowing it to smash on the rocks below. With no way left to delude himself further, Milo realised he hated himself more than other people. He had found nothing he wanted to do, no direction he wanted to follow, and he hated that, and that hate had turned towards his own existence.

It was an encounter with what he took to be a beautiful and obliging woman of pleasure that changed his life. In spite of his money running dry, he found himself lying on her bed the next morning, and she was sitting across from him, dressed in an elegant black dress and veil, beneath which glowed two golden eyes. She told him that while he indeed was a loathsome slug of a human being, he could amend for his mistakes by joining her as an agent of an investigative association she referred to only as, “the Light,” which were dedicated to uncovering hidden truths about the universe in any way, shape or form. The Light were looking for something, but neither of them were declared ready to know exactly what. The woman, who introduced herself as Sundown, would be his mentor and his partner in the years to come, but only if he agreed to put his whole being into the execution of his new mission. With a lack of alternatives, Milo agreed. He would be allowed to carry out his mission in the manner he saw fit, but it would always be under the watchful eye of Sundown, and always in the name of the Light. In accordance with his initiation, he was given his current civilian identity, and a call-sign: Agent Afterdark.

As he grew out of his teenage years and entered adulthood, Milo used a grant given to him by the agency to earn his degree in criminal psychology and then found a civilian job as an assistant at the office of a private detective, Seamus Roper, who he quickly came to admire. It was Roper’s classic, hardboiled tastes that inspired Milo to design the costume he dons as a hunter of secrets, and his role puts him in a prime position to overhear stories of crimes that he may decide warrant the intervention of his alter ego. Aided by Sundown in the form of a sleek, black lioness, Milo takes to the rooftops of the city, striking fear into the hearts of evildoers as the Master of Men’s Minds.

The Powers

Power 1: his power of hypnosis is the source of his title, “Master of Men’s Minds,” as he utilises an intense gaze or the tone of his voice to mesmerise his victims and bend them to his will. Once they have fulfilled their usefulness to him, Afterdark wipes the night’s events from their memories, leaving them confused and unable to explain their actions or how potentially vital information has fallen into enemy hands. His voice aids him in that he can also inspire fear in those he faces by crying out from the shadows, taunting them into losing their self-control. -- NOTE: These effects must be allowed to occur by the target character’s player, preferably utilising the same rules of what applies as reasonable as any other combat-based decision.

Power 2: Afterdark can mimic the voices of those he has heard consistently. A few words by themselves are not enough, as they do not necessarily convey the patterns and tones of the person he chooses to imitate, however listening to a conversation at length has proven sufficient.

Power 3: his observational prowess is tightly focussed, allowing him to read the body language of other people. He can tell when somebody is lying by watching, hearing or feeling fluctuations in their behavioural patterns; a twitch, a shift in posture, a quaver in their voice, a jump in their pulse.

Power 4: he is adept at disguising his presence in darkness. Using a combination of his black attire and practised nimbleness, he is able to hide and lurk in shadows so as to spy on his targets and follow them discretely.

Grid
Intelligence: 7
Occult:
Strength: 4
Speed: 4
Durability: 4
Ability 1 – hypnosis: 2
Ability 2 – mimicry: 1
Ability 3 – body language: 1
Fighting Skills: 7
Magic:
Spells:
Flight:
Wealth: 1
Agent Afterdark

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 7
Job : Librarian / university film graduate / writer.
Humor : Not altogether appropriate at your wedding.
Registration date : 2013-02-01

Back to top Go down

Agent Afterdark Empty Re: Agent Afterdark

Post by Forceaus February 28th 2013, 7:13 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top