The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_vote_lcapFord Karnov: The Road Blaster I_voting_barFord Karnov: The Road Blaster I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster I_vote_lcapFord Karnov: The Road Blaster I_voting_barFord Karnov: The Road Blaster I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster Empty Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster

Post by Crosswire40 August 18th 2012, 2:38 am

Super Hero Name: ROAD BLASTER
Title: The Driver, “That Red Super Car”, Blaster.
Alignment: Good Chaotic
Race: Human—Caucasian
Hair: Chocolate brown hair, doesn’t go past his ears.
Eyes: Earthy Brown
Height: 5,9
Weight: 159 pounds

Costume Description/Image: It’s less of a costume really. He doesn’t make a large effort to conceal his identity most of the time. He wears a thick pair of black sunglasses most of the time but that’s more to keep the sun out of his eyes. He does have a special attire he wears while “Driving” .It’s a simple set up made up of a brown leather jacket with a nice lining, a pair of padded biker pants to allow him to sit for great periods of time without his rear end getting numb along with some fingerless gloves and a pair of black, polished boats.

Personality: Ford acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. Ford follows his own moral compass, which, although good, doesn’t always agree with that of society.

History: Ford Karnov, grew up in a hard working class family in city plagued with crime. His childhood was racked with problems at school and socially. He tried doing his best in school, but he lacked any kind of motivation or drive. Ford felt aimless...

Things were only worsened when he met the girl of his dreams, Gustava Dux. Now this wasn't a lustful love, it was a love of the spirits. He loved her for her personality and kindness, not her body.

With plans to marry her he struggled to find something that attracted him, something that interested him. He went to see one of the school councilors for career advice and while waiting outside his office, he picked up a magazine on cars and began flipping through it.

Suddenly it hit him. Cars. Cars had always played a part in his life. His father worked at an automobile workshop, his mother was a car salesmen (Or Saleswomen in this case) and he had more Hotwheel cars from when he was a kid then he knew what to do with.

He found his interest and strove to be successful. After he graduated high school he attended the same college as Gustava, taking numerous courses in auto body, auto mechanics, auto design, auto maintenance, auto sale and retale.

Shortly before graduating he confessed his feels to her and they planned on getting married once he had found a job. He applied at Hoji Motors, an apprising automobile company that had recently set up in the city.

He got an interview and managed to nail a job as a designer despite his lack of experience. The interviewer was impressed with the way he carried himself and his extensive knowledge and experience with cars (Thanks to the autobody job that paid for his school books and rent).

Within 2 years he was a lead designer at Hoji Motors and had married Gustava Dux after pay off all the loans they had and buying a beautiful house by the beach.

On the drive home from the church, cruising down the beach side road, a large group of cars were headed right towards them. At first it appeared they were only passing through, but then one of the cars began heading towards them down their lane at high speeds.

It was a notorious motor gang that had been terrorizing the city for years. They normally stuck to the inner city but now they had grown and were targeting everyone. Including the newly married couple.

Before Ford could get out of the way they were struck by the oncoming car, thrown clear off the road and onto the rocky beach. Ford was thrown clear of the car with enough force to kill a normal man. Gustava was knocked out and remained safe until the battered, overturned car exploded, disintegrating Gustava in a gasoline fueled blast and adding another victim to the gangs list...

Ford however would not be on that list. He had survived the crash. He did not know how and he did not know why, but then and there he did not care. No. His mind was trashed from the loss of his beloved Gustava.

Sadness immediately turned into hatred and he began to plan his bloody revenge. All Fords life he had been tougher than most people. His body was almost built for surviving falls and crashes. He could survive a head on collision that would turn an average person into red jelly. On top of all that he had a hidden talent for cars, an unnatural, super talent.

When he was behind the wheel of any car it became faster, stronger, tougher than it should be. He didn't just push cars to their limits he extended them. Maybe it was some subconscious power that had accumulated inside his mind, but went unnoticed in his day to day life.

Realizing he had this ability Ford wasted no time after Gustava's closed casket burial . He tuned up a sports car he planned to surprise Gustava with, bullet proof windows, armored tires and the fastest engine he could make. The final touch, red, blood red. Red had always been Gustava favorite color always saying "Red things go three times faster!"

Donning a red jacket, a pair of fingerless gloves and a pair of black shades he tore down the road, seeking the gang who had ended the life of his wife and so many others. He was a good man, but behind the wheel of a car he was someone else, someone far more dangerous, couragous and angry.

Behind the wheel of a car he was...the ROAD BLASTER

Powers:

Mechanical Master:(INT) When it comes to engines, motors, tires, wiring, oil pressure and just about anything else involving vehicles, common or rare Ford knows his stuff. Designing, fixing, creating, dismantling or crashing vehicles all comes naturally to him. While he mostly focuses on ground vehicles, particularly cars/motor bikes he does know about other vehicles as he sometimes has to fight them.
Knowing a lot about helicopters when all you have to fight one is a car does come in handy. If it’s a pilotable/drivable machine he probably knows about it and if he doesn’t he can make some very good observations.

Super Reflexes: (FS) Behind the wheel of a car he has to make fast turns, he has to keep track of speed, oil pressure, gas and where his enemies are. Making sharp turns and hitting the gas and break are vital in using a car as a weapon. Thankfully he’s very fast, sometimes too fast for most cars to keep up. Ford has split second reaction time to oncoming enemies, obstacles and other nasty incidents at high speed.

Better than a Crash Test Dummy: (END) Ford has an unusual resistance to crashes. High speed accidents that would leave other people dead or permanently hospitalized leave him ether a little bruised up or knocked out. He’s a bit harder to cut and burn, so broken glass and sharp chunks of metal from car collisions or explosions don’t cut him as easily as other people.

Demon on Wheels: (EP) When operating a motor vehicle, the properties of the car are enhanced to an unnatural amount. The max speed, engine output, break speed, strength of the hull, suspension and even the radio reception he car gets are enhanced by his presence as the driver of the vehicle.
A simple compact car becomes the equivalent of an elite racing car, an armored truck becomes something a tank would have difficulties dealing with and a customized car specifically made to run others into the ground well that becomes a monster of a car.

Ford’s powers do have their limits. He can only strengthen the existing properties of a vehicle. The speed and turning rate of a compact, the defense of an armored truck or the offensive abilities of his custom car.

If the motor vehicle does terrible in an area or all areas, his powers can only do so much to improve it. Even if the car is crappy, he can use it as a weapon. Outside of a car he’s not much of a fighter, behind the wheel of a car is another story entirely.

His abilities do have some are somewhat picky; as long as the vehicle is a ground vehicle and has tires of some sort he can enhance them with his powers. However he can’t affect aircraft or water craft unless that craft is a car/bike. Even if it changes to work underwater or in the air, as long as it’s primarily a ground vehicle he can use his abilities on it without any problems.

Note that his abilities cannot enhance the performance of treaded vehicles like tanks, APCs, est.

Ford Karnov's SV-1 Saturn "Road Blaster Custom: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Power Grid:
STR: 2
SPD: 2
END: 4
INT: 5
EP: 4
FS: 5

Power Grid colors: White and Red

Character Image/Description:

[img][/img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roleplay Sample:
With the click of a button the garage door began to rise. Sunlight soon illuminated the pitch black garage, casting light on the newly christened car. The hood and tinted windshield shined like gemstones, the light hit them in just the right way. The car seemed to be brimming with bride.

Ford knew it had every right to be proud; it was the best Hoji motors had to offer. It had the speed of and appeals of a sports car, the durability and terrain handling of a jeep and the pulling power of a truck. It was well balanced, a jack of all trades but a master of none. The SV-1 Saturn painted in blood red and waxed. It was almost exactly as Ford had ordered it, with some recent modifications from himself though.

Standing at the entrance of the garage Ford pulled on his gloves, staring at the car with a mix of pride and sadness. “You were supposed to be driven by her you know…” Ford said aloud, talking to the car. “You were her gift. It was ether you or a puppy, but you know how attached she was to that stuffed dog of hers.”

The garage was silent; the car didn’t reply, not that he had expected it to. Fords footsteps were the only thing that broke the silence as he began moving towards the car, the same way a cowboy would a wild stallion.

“I still have him too. I found him in the luggage we pulled from the wreck. He’s a little tattered, but I think he’ll hang nicely from the mirror.” Ford stepped forward and grabbed hold of the handle of the driver door, opening it with a nasty creek. The same noise a rusty iron gate would make.
“Hey now” Ford warned with a playful smile. “it’s ether Spike or one of those ugly ass air fresheners from the gas station.”

The hinge of the door merely needed a little oil, but Ford could feel the car was anxious. Neither the car nor the driver had been meant for one another, but they had been brought together through heinous circumstances.

Once again there was silence and Ford stood there, staring into the interior of the Saturn with a expression of indecisiveness waning on his face.
He took a breath and stepped into the car. Once he was seated, he closed the door. The freshly shampooed carpets and the cool leather seats gave off a fresh smell despite the fact he had worked on the car just the other day.

“I know you and I weren’t meant for each other. You weren’t made for that super charger sticking out of your hood. The bullet proof glass and titanium aluminum siding are a little extreme but you and I are going on a trip”

Ford stroked the dash board, fishing the puppy doll out of his leather jacket. He stared down into its glassy black eyes, watering up at the sight of the doll and its ridiculous spiked collar.

“I don’t know when we’ll be stopping. But I know it’s going to be long and very, very hard.” He choked back tears, biting his lower lip as he hung Spike from the rear view mirror.

Once the dog was in its place he put his hands on the driving wheel, clenching it tightly. “We’ll both be doing things we were never meant to do. But we’ll get through it, both of us. When we’re done I’ll take this crap out of you and we’ll live the good life together…just like it was meant to be.”
The car roared in agreement as he slipped the key into the ignition and turned it. The mufflers kicked in and the car was immediately running silent. Vibrations from the engine gave the car a slight shake, like the shifting of an animal when they’re finally saddled up.

Sunlight shined brightly into the interior of the car. The tinted windows helped, but the light was still pretty intense. Fishing in his front jacket pocket Ford slipped on a pair of heavy black sunglasses.

Once they were over his eyes he whispered “Now let’s do this…for Gustava” Under his breath.
In a flash he shifted the Saturn out of park and into drive, peeling out of the garage and turning onto the road headed for the city.
The red car raced down the road, gaining speed more and more as the city limits came into view. The time for grieving and thinking was over. Now was the time for vengeance.

Last edited by Crosswire40 on August 18th 2012, 9:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Crosswire40

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster Empty Re: Ford Karnov: The Road Blaster

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2012, 2:54 am

Everything looks good.

The reflexes come with FS, but if you want them to be completely top notch, that'll be 1 EP for that, so then you'll have 4 EP for your 'Demon on Wheels' power.

I'd like to see a grid for the actual CAR while his Demon on Wheels power is working.

Such as, the STR, DUR, and SPD of the car.

This is an excellent idea, and I'm not going to knock it. I want you to be able to RP as this guy, and have fun. So, I'll be here through it all until you're approved. Very Happy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosswire40 August 18th 2012, 12:15 pm

They come with FS? What's FS?
I'm still a little confused on how EP works. Does having less EP for Demon on Wheels make it weaker?
A separate grid for the car? That's a good idea! Should I add and edit it into Ford's profile?
Also I'm guessing the 1-2-3 system still works for cars, 1 is below average, 2 is standard, 3 is the best it could normally be and 4 is semi-super human and so on and so forth?

Thanks for the complement Very Happy I was afraid this wouldn't work here. I'll make all the changes necessary. I really appreciate your patience and understanding. Kitty Face
Crosswire40

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2012, 4:21 pm

Have you read the power level equivalents found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They're helpful.

And FS = Fighting Skills

And, tbh, your character could have 4, or even 3 INT to have all the knowledge of his car, etc.

That would give you another point to put in EP.

And as for EP, there's a way you a split it and have separate EP bars per power found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more info on the subject.

And your car would be considered a 'Minion.'

You can find info on minions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and you can post your minion app [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosswire40 August 18th 2012, 6:13 pm

I edited his stats around, since FS is reflexes I don't really need a high speed (He's a driver not a jogger after all Razz)

I think I'll keep his intelligence high like it is. I edited Extensive Car Knowledge to Mechanical Master.

Also I'm making the Saturn a minion, it really doesn't have any Intelligence since it's not alive (it's not KITT from Knight Rider sadly) It doesn't have any energy projection powers of it's own (again it's a car) and it shouldn't have any fighting skills since's again it's not alive.

So all I have to put stats in are Strength, Speed and Durability Right? That makes sense since it's a car, but should I list it's stats with and without Ford's car enhancing effects?
Crosswire40

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2012, 6:23 pm

You can do that for the car.

No stats over 5 for minions, though.

So you could have it's SPD, DUR, and STR all 5.

(:

And you should list it with and without.

That would be helpful.

And your grid looks great now. (:

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosswire40 August 18th 2012, 9:20 pm

Thank you! I'm set in terms of editing Karnov. I just posted the Saturn on the Minons Topic :3
I really appreciate all your help!
Crosswire40

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2012, 9:44 pm

You are approved, my dear! (:

Like I said in your minion app, make sure you link your Minion/Car into this application so people can better read and find him.

:3

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Crosswire40 August 18th 2012, 9:51 pm

Oh right! Thanks for the reminder. I added the link into the sheet! Does that work?
Crosswire40

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 18th 2012, 9:53 pm

Yep. :3 Approved and Moved. Come join us on the Cbox! :3 We're friendly individuals, sometimes.. xD <3

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top