The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Wraith I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
The Wraith I_vote_lcapThe Wraith I_voting_barThe Wraith I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Wraith

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wraith Empty The Wraith

Post by Twinkletoes June 19th 2012, 3:47 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: The Wraith
Title: The pale lady, Weeping woman, The Bride, White Blur
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Race: Human/spirit
Hair: Pale Blonde
Eyes: Bright Blue
Height: 5.6
Weight:100 lbs

Costume Description/Image: When not hunting or in battle the wraith appears to be a slender young Caucasian woman in her early twenties dressed in a long tattered white gown, akin to wedding dresses. The dress sports long, vicious gashes (as if it had been clawed at), exposing most of her legs, which appear bloodied. The Wraith is physically beautiful and anyone unlucky enough to come face to face with her will find her ethereal beauty instantly captivating. Aside from the constant appearance of mourning her features are flawless, the pale ageless face framed by shimmering pale blonde hair and her piercing blue eyes are equally beautiful as they are unsettling. She is always barefoot and the only other thing she wears aside from her dress is an ornate silver necklace, which she is always gazing at and stroking if not distracted or 'hunting' for prey. Anyone who is within a 100 metre radius of the Wraith will notice a cold suffocating chill, one which many eyewitnesses have said has a distinctive rosy scent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

However when her hunger overtakes her or when she goes into defensive mode she becomes significantly more rabid, her youthful features becoming much more threatening. The most distinctive change is that her fingers elongate into twelve inch long, bloodstained claws capable of shredding skin bone and other substances with ease. She will grow fangs and her eyes will glow a pale red, her pupils transforming into feline eyes.

Personality: The Wraith is consumed by endless sorrow; all forms of rationality, memory retention, proper speech, and intelligence have drowned in the woman’s constant state of mourning. There is only one thing which has remained from her time with the living and that is the memory of a loved one, many assume this being her deceased husband. When it comes to communication she will rarely speak preferring to whimper, growl or sob. However if she were to ever speak out loud and if she does it would come out in drawling syllables, it would often involve her apologizing to her victims or muttering on about her lover (When role-playing she speaks in third person and through internal monologue).

However there is one other thing that drives the actions of the Wraith and that is her never-ending hunger; this constant craving is only ever properly quenched through the consumption of the purest delicacies...young women. The Wraith is a cunning hunter, acting under the cover of the night she will stalk her prey silently and efficiently. The Wraith manipulates her prey’s better judgement when they approach her, often making them believe she is a woman in distress. Once the victim is in a close enough radius the Wraith will proceed to incapacitate her prey with her terrifying glare, leaving them unconscious(only works on NPC's). The Wraith will then consume her preys soul leaving them but a grey corpse, however if one were to survive her onslaught they will wake up significantly traumatised and paranoid.

The wraith will avoid approaching larger groups, often going out of her way to find more solitary victims. She will stay passive unless threatened and in the cases of superhumans and/or gifted individuals approaching her she’ll become defensive and try to intimidate them with growls and her more feral form. But if the threat persists, she will launch an attack directed at the person who "startled" her at great speed. She is able to incapacitate normal humans instantly whereupon she frenziedly slashes that person with her clawed hands, only stopping when they are reduced to a bloody mess. Despite her petite figure, the Wraith has incredible speed and stamina, enabling her to incapacitate or instantly kill anyone foolish enough to approach her.

The reasoning behind the Wraith's emotional and mental instability is all due to the actions of a being from another plane. It now possesses her, manipulating the woman's overwhelming sadness to its advantage, quenching its thirst for maidens souls all the while promising its vessel that she will one day join her deceased partner, it has completely overridden the woman's very heart and soul and all that remains within her now is the last thing she held onto when she was once human, and that is her immense grief. Due to the actions of this unknown entity the woman now exists between the world of the living and the dead which in turn grants her the supernatural abilities of the creature that controls her.

History:The woman's history is basically unknown, all possible clues to who she once was and where she originated lead to dead ends. The only possible clues that could shed light on her past is the ornate necklace she is constantly gazing at and the rare moments of speech in which she will mutter possibly valuable pieces of info regarding her days with the living. She will sometimes mutter the name 'Samantha' which everyone has coined as her name, her erratic spasms of speech, although insightful are rare and often hard to decipher.

The reasoning behind her constant state of mourning has been debated by 'supernatural' experts over the years. The fact that she wears a wedding dress has led many to believe that the woman is constantly sobbing for the loss of her would-be husband, and that he more than likely perished during or around the time of their wedding; this parallels the Faustian deal the devious entity put forward about her joining her lover one day. Many believe she is incredibly depressed - a symptom that could accompany her loss of sanity or that the spirit which manipulates her has not taken full control. Some believe she knows she is a monster and she is depressed due to this fact and when potentiial victims are close the spirit starts to take over. Another possible reason behind her anguished cries is that it could simply be a hunting tactic used by the spirit, meant to lure unsuspecting victims to her.

Powers:
High speed regeneration - Since she is partially a spirit the Wraith has been granted with an extremely fast healing rate allowing her to recover from practically all wounds. Another aspect of this power is that she is invulnerable to harmful toxins and diseases, since she no longer a normal physical human being, such things have little to no effect on her.

Wrath's aura - An interesting ability that the Wraith uses in conjunction with her attractive exterior to incapacitate prey. The aura takes on the form of a thick white fog with a distinctive rosy smell. The fog covers a 20 feet radius and is used to not only conceal her erratic movements but to also confuse her prey and any possible threat. The fog is not made up of water but something akin to ectoplasm and it is completely under her control.

Claws - Her weapons of choice when her gaze has not unsettled any possible threats. These are 12 inch long bony claws that extend off each finger. They are extremely dense and sharp and due to her regenerative abilities she will continuously hack at something even if one of her claws has snapped off. They are capable of easily peircing the skin and bone of humans and are sharp enough to cause damage to someone with LV 4 durability.

Speed - The Wraith is gifted with extremely potent supernatural speed and instead of running she hovers just above the ground, when moving at this speed she becomes an eerie pale blur.

Power Grid:
STR: 2
SPD: 6
END: 4
INT: 1
EP: 6 (1 - fog, 5 - regeneration)
FS: 2

Power Grid colours: white and red

Roleplay Sample: -

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Twinkletoes
Twinkletoes
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Hard as diamonds, soft as silk

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2012-05-24

Back to top Go down

The Wraith Empty Re: The Wraith

Post by Bliss June 19th 2012, 4:26 am

Approved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top