The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:45 am by Cerek

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» The Most Dangerous Game
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

Top posting users this week
Cerek
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_vote_lcapThe harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_voting_barThe harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_vote_lcapThe harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_voting_barThe harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] Empty The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626]

Post by Arcana April 22nd 2012, 6:40 pm

The plane hovered over a vast expanse of ocean water. Going at a decent speed as it carried two over a body of water to the grand islands of Hawaii. Sean reclined in a seat as he sipped on a clear fizzing drink in a glass. Aaron across him as he wrote furiously into a notebook before switching his gaze to a small leather bound notepad. Personally Sean just thought this was an excuse to go on a vacation in Hawaii but it was nothing like that. ’Are we doing this just cause you wanna go to the beach? Los Angeles had one and it wasn’t too far from where we lived. This whole trip seems kinda pointless.” Sean said crossing his arms over his chest. Though the blonde simply shrugged at the complaint before sipping what seemed like coffee from the mug beside him.

”You know perfectly well that I have no intentions of going to the beach for fun. So many people and you know I sunburn easily.He paused for a second, moving his eyes from the page. ” Besides, you’re just pissed I kicked your ass out of bed earlier than noon.” That was painfully true, though Sean had no intentions of admitting that. So he huffed loudly and leaned back in his chair with grey eyes trained on the blonde. Taking a gulp of his drink before his eyes moved to look out at the dark sky that was there for him to admire. Maybe he could see the stars if he looked for them? Small beacons of light in an otherwise empty expanse.

It wasn’t long until he drifted off into the darkness of sleep. The hum of an engine like a lullaby that rocked him off to sleep.

When he woke up, the plane was coming to a stop. Aaron looking at him with quizzical green eyes. It seemed they had reached the state in one piece. Though this was no vacation and he knew perfectly well why they were here. A thin blanket was draped over him, though he pushed it off of him with a simple motion. ” You’re welcome.” He said that before standing up as straightening his hair with a motion of his hand. Sean grumbled under his breath before stepping off the transport.

His black hair was somewhat messy but otherwise good looking. He wore a simple striped v-neck and khaki colored cargo pants. Choosing to go along with the tropical vacation idea and wore sandals. He didn’t really need any weapons considering the amount of moisture in the air. It was humid enough to keep him well protected. Though Sean hated the heat of the place really.

They were on the plane for a good twelve hours and the sun was beginning its journey across the heavens They were following the lead of a few reports about a strange monster. People were killed and it seemed to be modeled after a roman centurion. If Aaron was correct, it could somehow be connected with the strange phenomenon. Magic across the world was beginning to act strangely. Sean’s power was not working as well, though mostly whenever he took off the amulet strung around his neck. His own was even starting to work against him, almost imploding his head once. Then the appearance of this monster. Things were getting dangerous but that was his territory.

’Where do we go first?” he asked, though knew the answer. The last sighting was of it on the beach. Aaron sighed lightly and they were off. It wasn’t long before they reached the destination. Though it seemed pretty calm. Maybe they had come to the wrong location? The resulting chaos proved them wrong.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2474
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] Empty Re: The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626]

Post by someguy626 April 22nd 2012, 7:26 pm

Vulcan was furious, beyond furious... he had been trapped within that godforsaken mountain for thousands of years and now that he was finally free fate had decided to put him upon a body of land completely surrounded by water on all sides, if he could not escape the island he would bring havoc to it instead. He made his way along the sandy beaches, leaving giant footprints in his wake. "This land shall know my pain, and my loss" he snarled to himself as he travelled. Finally he came across a beach filled with people, all of their heads turning to see this massive giant walking towards them slowly. "Humans.." he growled quietly as a few people began to approach him. The tallest of them spoke first "Must be some kind of robot fitted to look like a native guardian!" he said pointing at Vulcan, "Wow, the technology institute graduates have really outdone themselves this time!" a younger woman stated in amazement. "Yep!, perfectly harmless" the man said knocking his fist against Vulcan's leg a few times.

The stone giant instantly reached down with his enormous hand and wrapped his fingers around the man's torso "HARMLESS? he roared at the man, "let me show you just how harmless I am!", Vulcan began to clench his hand tighter and tighter, the young woman screamed in fear "Oh god! it's a monster! the man in his hand began coughing up blood. "Run" Vulcan shouted at the woman as he crushed the man in his fist, blood dripped between his fingers as he dropped the corpse of the man to the ground and began walking towards the crowd, screams erupted from the mouths of the countless people along the beach as they ran away from the shore, "You run too slow" he smiled as he raised his hands upwards. Two streams of lava shot from his palms towards the humans. The young woman screamed as her back was struck by the volcanic liquid. It began melting her flesh and in moments she was dead. 'This is my land now!" he screamed.

Hours turned the morning into afternoon, and afternoon into night, any human foolish enough to ignore the warnings of other locals met a quick fiery demise at Vulcan's hands. At one point in the evening a human police force came to the beach to inspect the chaos that Vulcan had brought forth to the island, in moments the officers and their vehicles were incinerated as Vulcan crushed their police cruisers and set them aflame, he tossed them into the air and they fell back down into the sand, their front halves buried completely. With another burst of fire the police vehicles exploded before their inhabitants could escape sending shrapnel of the vehicle everywhere. "Scald, melt, burn, ignite, inflame, destroy, combust, incinerate" Vulcan chanted to himself quietly turning back towards the mainland. Two small humans were approaching the beach one with light hair, the other with dark but Vulcan could sense something different about these two, if they were locals they would have known better than to come to this beach, if they were tourists then they would be looking at him with amazement or running in fear so there must have been some reason. "Who are you and why have you come here?" he asked angrily standing his ground while watching the two newcomers.
someguy626
someguy626

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626] Empty Re: The harbinger of Darkness [Someguy626]

Post by Arcana April 23rd 2012, 4:29 pm

The creature that stood before them was monstrous in size and looked rather intimidating. Sean could see the smoking corpses of what used to be people, black and charred. Come melted beyond recognition as they lay on the sands. Deader than a doorknob. Sean raised an eyebrow, unsure if he should be disgusted or interested. This was truly a strange creature, though why it killed like it did was beyond him. Maybe it was simply a machine made to kill? Whatever it was, they would have to deal with it now and not later. If Aarons information was correct about it anyway. This wasn’t official Talons business, so he wasn’t honor bound to kill it. In fact if he wanted to, he could simply walk away from it. Though the blonde was looking at the bodies with an intense gaze.

”We can’t let that thing run around like this. If its of magic origin, it could look bad on me, even if my family isn’t responsible for it.” he said making a decision and stepping back. ”I’ll leave that to you Sean.” Sean shrugged as his eyes moved up to meet the fiery orbs that sat within the helmet of the creature, thinking of a way to take it down quickly. Considering it was made of magma, or looked like it was. Maybe he could take it down with enough water or something. Though how much was needed and how much exposure that was needed was a variable really. Sean wasn’t an expert on lava golems or whatever he was.

With a single thought water seeped from the sand and began to form a thin swirling funnel around him. Though ti looked thin,the funnel was a dangerously powerful barrier against most attacks. It would have taken a lot to broken through it. ” Okay heres the deal fire monster. I have to kill you and stuff. Its nothing personal really but Can’t have you burning people crispy. So I hope you understand, or whatevs.” Sean said simply hands resting on his hips as he prepared to launch a powerful attack at it and take it down.

Across the beach sat a figure sipping on a drink in what seemed like a hollowed out coconut. Along with someone sitting under an umbrella, his breath coming out in an icy cloud.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy626 April 25th 2012, 2:01 am

Vulcan was surprised at the human's abilities "You, know not what you are provoking small human" he laughed "and you call me fire monster? HA! I am Vulcan! The Last Spark of the lost world of Pyrovilia!" Vulcan raised his arms into the air proudly as he proclaimed his title. "and YOU think that you can kill ME?!". Although water was one of Vulcan's most hated substances he did not fear it in quantities so low as this, the spiraling water reminded Vulcan of a mountain, then perhaps he should blow it's top. "BURN WITH ME" Vulcan screamed as his arms began glowing red and radiating head as lava flowed through them, with great force he shoved both of his arms into the sand and let two streams of magma shoot out of them, the magma would melt the sand and tunnel it's way underneath the human's defenses before erupting beneath him like a volcano, and this human, like all the others before him....would burn.
someguy626
someguy626

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana April 25th 2012, 6:05 pm

Sean was unimpressed by the monsters bellowing as he proclaimed himself to be something. Whatever a pyrovilla was, he didn’t care about honestly. ”Yes I do think I can kill you. In fact I know it. So don’t get your panties all bunched up.” The ground beneath him seemed like it was shaking as the monster slammed his fists into the ground. Sean moved as quick as possible, forming a trail of water under him as he surfed back from a stream of lava bursting from the ground. It would have killed him if it made contact but Sean couldn’t allow that. The heat was intense from the attack but it didn’t do anything but cause his skin to feel dry.

“Nice trick Pyrovilla. Since we’re shooting the shit about who we are. I’ll give you a little heads up on who the hell I am.” He said with a confident smirk on his face. ”I’m the son of the great with Elena Marie and I’m the heir of the great Clan Thiels. Let me show you what the fuck you are dealing with!” He said as he raised both hands into the air. As a large wave of water formed from the ocean behind him as it began to crest with a height of about fifty feet. Eyes glowing a deep and ominous blue.

As the mammoth wave came crashing down upon the shore, mostly towards the magma monstrosity. As Aaron made sure he was out of the range of the deadly wave.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy626 April 25th 2012, 8:16 pm

Vulcan had never heard of this "Great Elena Marie" or this "Clan Theils" but he assumed it was the same as one of the many clans that had existed among the lands of Pyrovilia. "I have survived for thousands of years, compared to me you are but an infant screaming out the accomplishments of it's ancestors in an attempt to intimidate me, consider me unimpressed" Vulcan heard the flowing of water come from behind him, he quickly turned around to face an enormous wave of water flowing towards him, "...that's much better"

Vulcan stared at the gigantic wave coming towards him, he had faced this massive body of water once, and it had darkened his spark for hundreds of years, he would not allow it to happen again. "I fell to you once, it shall not happen again!". Vulcan began shooting out cones of lava from each of his hands like fountains, covering himself in the molten rock. He knelt to the ground as he wrapped himself in the thick layer of magma, the wave crashed down upon him and cooled the rock around him, he still felt the warmth of the inner part of the solidified rock as the water flowed over him. As the last of the wave passed over him he burst from the solid rock with great force "THAT'S BETTER!" he said while raising his arms. Two jets of lava shot towards from his palms towards the human male.
someguy626
someguy626

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana May 3rd 2012, 7:25 pm

Sean was unimpressed by the things display and he would prove the raw power he possessed. Water formed a powerful torrent infront of him as it shot out to meet the lavas and fizzled it out in a flash. Leaving it as dense black rocks that fell to the ground. ”Is that the best you have? I’m seriously disappointed.” he drifted lower to the ground on a small pillar of water as his eyes gazed upon the burning monstrosity. With a motion a burst of water rose from the ocean and rushed at the lava monster.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy626 May 4th 2012, 1:28 am

Vulcan smiled as the small burst of water rushed towards him "Thats funny" he laughed slightly, "I was just about to ask you the same question"' Vulcan flowed lava through his arm and ejected in a quick burst over his body, as the water made contact with his body it made him take a step back but it had felt as though someone had tried squirting him with a water pistol, simply an annoyance. More than a small burst would be necessary to actually harm him, steam flowed all around his immense body rising into the night air. He had had enough of this boys water tricks, it was time to crush him. "When I am done with you your corpse shall stand among all the others, charred black from my flames". Vulcan raised both of his gigantic arms and slammed them into the ground, sending a shockwave across the sand, as he did so lava began flowing from his body from every crack flowing into the sand and transforming it into molten rock. "This sand is so cold and boring, perhaps I should heat things up a little bit for you" the lava in the sand would heat the water below making it almost useless against him, while the ocean still lied near him as the only true danger to his being.
someguy626
someguy626

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana May 10th 2012, 7:00 pm

Sean raised an eyebrow at the display of power as the beach began to crack and melt. Becoming molten rock as it became almost impossible to step on by human means. ’Cute.” Sean muttered smirking lightly as he pulled a large amount of water from the ocean and poured it over the molten rock as it began to solidify. Slowly he descended from the air and stepped down upon the cooling rock as he formed a powerful burst of water and sent it out at The monster. ”Now lets see you stop this!”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy626 May 11th 2012, 12:29 am

Vulcan was unprepared for what came next, he let his magma flow over his body just has he had before for the small burst of water, but this blast hit him with far more force, we was knocked back and was sent flying across the beach, cracking the earth each time he bounced off the ground until he finally hit a concrete wall where the beach ended and the city began. His mind spun inside his head from the wild ride he had endured "Why..." he murmured softly " Why wont you just BURN!!!!!" Vulcan screamed into the night his rage boiling inside, he had lost everything, his his home, his world, his family....just to be trapped in a mountain for thousands of years and then when he had finally escaped there was this single boy, capable of such feats of power. "NO MORE!" He screamed aloud. In the distance a huge explosion lit up the night sky as a Hawaiian volcano erupted , but rather than flow downwards around the mountains the lava began shooting through the sky towards them. The lava would fall onto the beach and burn everything till there was nothing left but the lava....and Vulcan remained. "BURN WITH ME!!!" Vulcan screamed in rage as the rain of magma began to fall from the sky.
someguy626
someguy626

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana May 24th 2012, 9:13 pm

”Is that all you can do?” Sean roared as the water moved around him like a powerful torrent. ”All you do is whine!” Sean stepped back onto a midair stream of water as his piercing glare fell upon the monster, knuckles cracking one by one as he thought of a way to take this thing down with one attack. Though that seemed almost impossible to do really,but he couldn’t give up on that yet, Sean sent out another powerful blast of water at the being. This time hoping to put his flame out for good.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by someguy626 May 25th 2012, 2:54 am

Vulcan watched as the boy channeled a torrent of water around himself preparing for a final attack, the next moments would decide the fate of their battle, he understood the amount of force this boy could put into his attacks, and what he could do to stop him. Vulcan charged at the boy as he readied his attack jumping high into the air in an attempt to crush the boy with his body. But Vulcan knew such an attack would be futile, as he fell through the air he watched as the powerful jet of water shot towards him, it made a perfect contact with his chest blasting apart bits of rock, allowing parts of his inner core to cool and harden as the powerful water ripped pieces of him apart, launching him even higher into the sky. "I'm..........not.........finished" Vulcan whispered even though he was almost losing consciousness. High above their battlefield magma had been shot into the air from a nearby volcano and now, Vulcan was surrounded by it. The lava began swirling around Vulcan as he flew through the air heading back towards the earth. He was falling back down towards the earth with immense amounts of lava around him, he appeared as a meteor made entirely out of the volcanic fluid, preparing to explode when it made contact with the earth below.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"BURN WITH ME"
- Vulcan
- Theme Song
Powergrid
Spoiler:

"For my Next Trick, I'll make you DISSAPEAR"
- Shenk
- Theme Song
Powergrid
Spoiler:
someguy626
someguy626

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top