The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Pyra I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Pyra I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Pyra I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Pyra I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Pyra I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Pyra I_vote_lcapPyra I_voting_barPyra I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Arcana
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Pyra

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pyra Empty Pyra

Post by Pyra January 12th 2012, 2:35 pm

Super Hero Name: Pyra
Title: The Red Starlet
Alignment: Good
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue (Gold when using telepathy)
Height: 5’9
Weight: 145 lbs.

Personality: Paris is a strong and independent woman. She’s friendly, outgoing, and loyal. Being a celebrity, Paris is constantly in the public eye, which causes her to be a bit private. When in costume as Pyra, she is strong and courageous. Able to lead, as well as take orders, Pyra has a strong sense of character and is true to herself and her allies 100 percent.

History: Phoenix Labs is a research organization founded by a scientist named Miles Phoenix who created a new type of biological cell that could absorb ambient solar energy and convert it into solar plasma. Miles and his colleagues (Thomas Young, David Richmen, and Nina Arkette) constructed a humanoid being out of these "Bio-Solar Cells" by splicing them with human female DNA. Miles planned to present his creation to the US military as a bio-weapon he called "PYRA", a name he and his colleagues came up with using the first initial of their last names. Lacking the funds to mass-produce such a weapon, the US military turned Miles down and ordered him and his colleagues to terminate the "PYRA Project". Disobeying orders, Miles and his colleagues moved to an undisclosed location, where he tried to continue his work. But, with no money to fund his research project PYRA was going nowhere.

An unknown organization caught wind of Miles research and tracked down Phoenix Labs. They sent one of their finest operatives, Touch (a spy who possessed telepathic abilities that he used via physical contact), to infiltrate and retrieve project PYRA. Tripping a silent alarm, Touch walked right into a trap setup by Miles, who put five bullets into his chest. In his final moments, Touch placed his hands on Project PYRA, unknowingly telepathically transferring his mind into the humanoid.

Miles knew this was just the beginning of the worst, and that it was just a matter of time before his attackers made their next move. He contacted his good friend, Emilia Frost for help. Emilia was in the reality TV business and head of Frost Entertainment, her production company. Emilia couldn't believe her ears after Miles told her his situation. She knew something like this would make for good TV and, with Miles lack of funds, it would be hard for him to refuse her multibillion-dollar proposal.

The two formed a plan. Miles activated project PYRA, while Emilia got her camera crew ready. Nina Arkette hacked into an orbital satellite program, and redirected it to fall on New York City, directly on Times Square. As the satellite began to fall, citizens with no time to evacuate began to panic. Suddenly, what looked like a red shooting star soaring across the sky, hit the satellite with titanic force and heat, and saved the city from destruction. Astonished by this incredible event, the people watched as the "red star" descended from the sky in a crimson, fiery brilliance. In that moment, a red and gold costumed, blond haired, blue-eyed heroine, calling herself Pyra was revealed to the world.

Pyra became a worldwide media buzz! Thanks to Emilia and Frost Entertainment, Pyra starred in her own reality TV show, called "Pyra: Starring Paris Blake". Emilia thought it be best to humanize Pyra by giving her the name Paris Blake. Miles knew that by keeping project PYRA in the media, his creation would be safe, being that the organization that tried to steal his creation before would not dare step into the spot light. And, with the money Pyra was making off her show, he could fund his research at Phoenix Labs.

Powers:
Bio-Solar Cells: The cells in Pyra's body constantly absorb ambient solar energy, which she channels into red solar plasma. Pyra can cover her entire, or portions, of her body in plasma without harm to herself.

Plasma Emanation: Pyra can generate plasma temperatures reaching close to 500,000 degrees Fahrenheit, at her maximum level. She can use her power in a variety of ways, such as fireballs, flame throwing, and heat vision.

Flight: Pyra uses her powers to create super-heated air currents, which push her forward through the air, enabling her to fly. Sometimes this super-heated air is visible as a trail of red flame behind her. The upper limit to the speed Pyra can reach in flight is not yet known.

Tactile Telepathy: Pyra has displayed the telepathic standards of broadcasting and receiving thoughts via physical contact and creating super-heated psionic shields. The origin of this ability is unknown to herself and even Phoenix Labs.

Costume: Pyra’s suit is constructed of a heat resistant material created by Phoenix Labs. It is able to withstand up to 1,000,000 F, and is just as light and flexible as any spandex material. The phoenix symbol on her chest also acts as a solar cell/battery, which stores solar energy she can use as a backup power source. Pyra’s outfit was fashioned to represent Phoenix Labs in the media.

Power Grid:
STR: 3
SPD: 4
END: 3
INT: 2
EP: 5/1 (Fire/Telepathy)
FS: 2

Power Grid colors: Red/Gold/Black

Character Image:
Pyra 168624_191565917536976_100000507076877_690478_3147126_n

Roleplay Sample:
New York City
2:36 pm

Pyra was flying through the skies of New York, enjoying the wind blowing through her blonde hair. She banked left, around the Empire State building, and landed on top of a nearby roof. Her heels crunched as she walked on the gravel and made her way to the ledge. Placing one foot on the ledge, Pyra leaned forward, looking down below. Everyone looked so small from up here. Sometimes, the fiery heroine liked taking in the little things that came with being a hero. 
She combed some of her hair behind her ear and enjoyed the breeze, until something caught her attention. It looked like a meteor, but it was silver in color. It gleamed in the sunlight as it flew past her. Pyra leapt from the roof, following it, a trail of flames behind her. There was a loud boom when it crashed, and soon all Pyra heard were people screaming. When she arrived, the scarlet clad heroine landed before a large crater in the ground.

It destroyed the entire street and some of the sidewalk on both sides. Traffic was stopped and civilians all crowded around the area. 

Pyra walked through the crowd of people and stood at the edge of the crater. In the middle was a silver orb that glowed. She had never seen anything like it and ordered everyone to stay back. Cautiously walking towards the strange object, Pyra telepathically scanned the orb. Hmm… it’s not alive. That’s a good sign she thought to herself. Various bystanders began taking photos and videos with their cell phones and tablets. Suddenly, there was a loud static noise that came from the orb. It seemed to “breathe” and the orb came to life. It shifted, like a Transformer, into a tall alien robot. It’s eyes glowed green and immediately sent a beam of energy aimed at Pyra.

She dodged the sudden attack, as civilians scattered and fled the area. “I knew this wasn’t gonna end well” Pyra said, her hands flaming up with crimson fire. She flew into the sky, striking the robot with a stream of fire. It didn’t seem to affect the metal monster, as it started marching down the street. It aimed an open palm at Pyra and fired another blast of green energy. Pyra maneuvered out of the way, blasting the robots hand with her heat vision. She was able to blow off its hand, which brought a sigh of relief to the heroine. Good, it’s not totally indestructible! Pyra charged towards the robot, eyes glowing red, and released her heat vision, cutting the robot in two from hip to shoulder.

The two pieces fell to the floor, as Pyra landed beside it. She looked over the downed machine, unaware of its origin. “At least it went down easy,” she said to herself, as the surrounding crowd began to cheer. Pyra waved to the public, before flying off into the sky, as a clean up crew arrived to dispose of the robot.
Pyra
Pyra

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-01-12

Back to top Go down

Pyra Empty Re: Pyra

Post by Archer Roland January 12th 2012, 3:54 pm

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pyra ArchersGrid
Archer Roland
Archer Roland
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Copper March 27th 2012, 10:26 pm

Unnapproved because you're claiming that your 5 EP fire is hotter than the surface of the sun
Copper
Copper

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top