The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Strangers in a strange new world I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Strangers in a strange new world I_vote_lcapStrangers in a strange new world I_voting_barStrangers in a strange new world I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Strangers in a strange new world I_vote_lcapStrangers in a strange new world I_voting_barStrangers in a strange new world I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Strangers in a strange new world

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strangers in a strange new world Empty Strangers in a strange new world

Post by Troglodyte November 27th 2011, 12:22 am

Gwharr had been hunting the creature for hours, its scent of oil and smoke stuck in his nostrils and refused to leave them. He was close now, he could feel it. Judging from the massive footprints the creature was heavy, very heavy, weighing more than even the heaviest elephant. Yet for it size it seemed surprisingly compact. It had enough strength to overturn a car, smash through walls and judging to the debris he had seen a few hours ago, it was more than powerfull enough to smash through even the most brutal of the thinling defenses.

The ruins the creature had left behind himself when he went through the thinling man-things village had been devastating. the town was in cinders, even the largest buildings had been smashed apart as the creature had wandered through. Judging by the marks it had left behind it was strong, far stronger than anything Gwharr had ever encounter. Even stronger than Gwharr himself. This thought gave our hero an uneasy feeling in his stomach, but what really scared him where the footprints. Not the size of them, he had faced bigger things and triumphed, nor was it the weight behind them, he had hunted whales in the oceans and they where far heavier than this thing had been. No, the thing that scared him about them where the rythm. The distance between them. It told a tale of a beast that did not even slow its pace as it smashed its way through a building. An unstoppable juggernaut. For the first time in a long time Gwharr felt uncertain if he was going to survive this. He had never really been afraid to die since had never really stood against a threat that he thought could really kill him, but this thing wasn't just any old mouthy superbeing or odd superpowered mook. This thing was truly powerfull.

Gwharr swallowed his fear. No one had ever killed him and very few had beaten him, so why should this thing be any different? In the end it was always the same. Everything withers and dies, and everything can be brough down if enough blows are struck, except him. He was undying and eternal. It was his blessing.

Twigs snapped around him as he leapt from tree to tree like a gargantuan ape. He could see smoke trailing up against the horizon. He knew he was almost there now. The scent was even stronger now, even though e did not really need it. Whatever it was he was chasing it went forward like an angry bull elephant, crushing everything in its path, creating a rather peculiar road through the woods. Gwharr decided to pick up the pace to find whatever it was before it had time to hurt anyone else. . .

It was not that Gwharr sympathized with the thinlings in general. He thought they where a cowardly breed, too focused on making life difficult for everyone else for him to like them. They wanted to tie him down with their many rules and their codes, but he would not let them. He would eat them one and all before he let that happen to him! However, he had a soft spot for the children. He had always like children, maybe because he was a little like a child himself. They acted more like a proper tribe should, not as much of the fake pleasantries like the older, not as much love of rules either. However, quite a few children had lost their life in the path of the gargantuan menace he was hunting, and that was why he was hunting it.

As he reached the city, he laid eyes on his quarry for the first time, and it did not look like anything he had ever seen before, yet it reminded him of the only foe that had managed to best him before. The volcano that had buried him beneath its stream. The creature was seemingly made of living rock, looking as if it had torn itself from the mountain-side and simply walked away. From within it came a harsh, firey glow, looking like magma burned within it somewhere as a life-giving furnace, probably the source of its strenght. This thing was unlike any other he had ever seen.

It did not take Gwharr long to leap up to a building near the gargantuan and howl out a challenge whilst violently beating his chest. He was not certain that the thing would not understand the concept, but like this he had given it a formal challenge. It was the proper way to do things. It was his way.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Strangers in a strange new world Empty Re: Strangers in a strange new world

Post by The Silence November 27th 2011, 4:39 am

Ibis looked down on the city before him, he continued to walk through as his magical power expelled in every which direction, the power he contained were strong enough to completely obliterate all the buildings that came into his path. Buildings, people, even the ground itself were burnt to a crisp and all seemed to be unable to stop Ibis' deadly lumbering. With all of his power, Ibis left nothing more than a barren wasteland in his wake, no survivors were left when Ibis was finished with the township, nothing could defeat the great elemental. Doctor Necrodium had ordered Ibis to destroy the towns in a certain direction, and Ibis did as he was told. He did not care whether or not the action was bad, not like he would have in his past life. Now Ibis was nothing more than a weapon, a living idol of pure destruction.

After his trundling movements, Ibis was finished with the town, moving onto his next target, as the good Doctor Necrodium had predestined for him. As he walked, Ibis continued to make a rumbling noise, the noise of the boiling magma which resided in his body. His smoldering black body hissed the air around him, a wave of heat radiating widely from his armored body, the black and orange noticeable from the horizon from miles away. Ibis walked down the streets of the city, the ground cracking and molding under his feet, his strength and weight evident. This city was to be destroyed, and Ibis was glad to oblige the will of Doctor Necrodium.

Upon entering the city, the citizens went into a massive spree, all running away from the fifteen foot tall rock monster lumbering down the streets, magma flowing around him in monstrous geysers as he walked. The police forces and firefighting forces attempted to take down Ibis, using bullets, explosives and water all in an attempt to destroy Ibis, or at least slow him down. Despite all their efforts, the bullets and explosions didn't even leave a dent and the water evaporated long before it even touched Ibis. With a single clap of his monstrous hands, Ibis unleashed a massive shockwave, blowing away all of his opposition with a single blow. Without any sort of protection to save them from Ibis, most died from the shockwave, and the rest died from a flood of lava that melted them to oblivion. Ibis unleashed a magnificent roar, one that shook apart the very earth around him.

In a few short minutes, a section of the city was brought to destruction, nothing left but smoldering pools of lava, crisp corpses and massive fires that engulfed every building, Ibis had proven his power and obliterated his opposition, as dismal and useless as they were. Helicopters of news teams circled around the massive monster, picking up on all of his actions and only ended up being shot down by massive globs of magma upon being sighted. The display was a good example of what Ibis could do to the entire city, and if anyone didn't do anything soon, the massive monster was going to obliterate everything in his path, regardless of whether or not he killed millions of lives in the process.

When all hope seemed lost, a challenger finally appeared before Ibis, attracting the attention of all of the news teams, who retreated to a safe distance in order to avoid being destroyed like the rest of the people below. Ibis turned around and noticed his opponent, who had all cameras focused on him. The being was small compared to Ibis, but large compared to Ibis' previous challengers. It was a man of massive proportions, rippling with muscles and blubbering fat, with a fat face and massive teeth. If Ibis were to have a mind of knowledge past destruction, he would have known that the being before him was some sort of caveman, a wild man from times that were similar to his own. The creature called its challenge, unleashing a primal roar at Ibis.

"Ibis" A voice inside Ibis' head said, it was the voice of Doctor Necrodium, the one who held his leash and gave him his orders. The Doctor only talked to Ibis directly when he wanted something specific from him, since Ibis was usually called to complete simple tasks. "The being before you will be a challenge, if a small one at least, I require that you gain a sample of its blood, I want it for study. Understand? Get a blood sample before you kill it, and if you can't kill it, disable it so that I may extract you before more heroes arrive. Finish it quickly Ibis, and remember, make it bleed..."

Upon receiving his orders, Ibis set in the commands to his brain, making them his main focus for this fight. Ibis was to make the being before him bleed, and to make sure that the being was finished off quickly, or disabled so he can escape. With his goals in mind, Ibis unleashed a similar roar at the being before him, his roar shaking the earth once again, causing geysers of magma to fire off into the air. Ibis heard the challenge, and was eager to return the sentiment. Ibis raised his arms into the air, then quickly bringing them down to create a massive rift in the earth, a flood of lava spilling out to obliterate the creature in a single strike. Ibis knew not it would kill the creature, but he didn't care, Necrodium had order Ibis to kill the man quickly, and he was going to do it.

"RRAAAAAAAAARRGH!!!!"
The Silence
The Silence

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte November 27th 2011, 11:33 am

Ghwarr felt the buzz of an adrenaline-surge as he beat his massive chest howling like a madman. He felt his blood boil within him, as if this was where he was meant to be, and this is what he was meant to do. The thinlings down there looked up at him, some of their faces looked hopeless and dejected, almost like the men who was aware of their impending death and had decided to accept it and go willingly rather than struggle against it. Others looked up at him with a glimmer of hope, seemingly wishing that he would save them from this mountinous entity that had suddenly appeared, ripping their society to bits. He recognized those facial expression from long ago, from the time he was born they had been pasted on the faces of the members on his first tribe when the thinlings first arrived from asia. And now, as a strange new creature had wandered into their safe little world from some other, unknown place and devastated their village the thinlings looked at him just like his people had done, some praying for him to save them, others shaking their heads and thinking its futile.. Funny how similar the thinlings where to "proper" people once you removed all their little rules and regulations. For a minute Gwharr considered leaving them to their fate. After all, they had destroyed his people and replaced them, maybe it was their turn to be replaced. He knew it was silly to think that way, since these particurlar thinlings were so far removed from their ancestors, but he still carried a grudge against them.

However, the expressions in the filthy, tattered faces of the men and women standing around him, the fires and the situation, the woods outside of town simply felt so *Right* It felt almost as if he was back where he belonged, like the last threethousand years had not happened. For the first time in a very long time he felt like he was home. He felt as if he understood how the world worked again. The rock-thing howled his returning challenge like some primordial thing, the ground shook and red-hot magma splurted from it, like blood from open wounds as his voiced raised, drowning out Gwharrs own howl. This being was indeed a powerfull entity, a son of the earth itself.

Gwharr looked nervously at the magma as it rushed towards him, melting, burning and absorbing everything in its way. He remembered the last time he had encountered lava. It had not ended well. Therefore he leapt up into the air, narrowly avoiding getting his toes burnt of by the river of liquid fire. He managed to land on the ramshackle remains of a ruined building, trusting that the higher ground would keep him safe from the lava for at least a minute or two. Unfortunately, the building was unsound, and as soon as Gwhar landed on it, he could feel it starting to crumble. However, his agility allowed him to take yet another leap, just as the building crumbled, getting swallowed by the sea of fire beneath, landing in a relatively magma-free zone, in what looked as it had been a car-park of some sort. At least there where cars parked there. Gwharr quickly grabbed a van, hurling it at the rock-beast with all his power, after that he hurriedly grabbed car after car, chucking them after the first, hoping that the continual barrage of motor-veichles would be enough to prevent the rock-beast to call more magma.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Silence November 27th 2011, 6:34 pm

Ibis watched as the creature in front of him jumped out of the way of his lava, escaping to nearby buildings, allowing the things behind it to become smothered with the scorching molten rock. People and concrete melted instantly as he continued to pour the magma from the crackling and expanding pools of magma around him. The news teams attempted to get closer, trying to catch some pictures of the massive beast laying waste to the city, trying to call the heroes to save them from the destruction created by the obsidian monster. However, all they managed to do was attract the beast's attention, becoming subjected to massive barrages of molten rock, barely surviving due to their distance from the massive monster. Ibis roared in frustration as the helicopter managed to only get skimmed by his attacks, clapping his hands together in order to knock the helicopter out of the sky with his powerful shockwaves. Ibis watched as the helicopter began to descend, and walked towards where he watched it go down.

But as he turned around, Ibis was suddenly hit with a large object, he didn't know what it was, but it was made out of metal, something that could possibly have been used by humans beforehand. However, Ibis could only see the remains after they made contact with the back of his head. He looked to where it had come from, only to have another come flying at his face. The metal object made contact, contorting and bending as it formed around Ibis' nigh unbreakable head. Once the force was absorbed, the object merely fell in front of Ibis, causing the massive creature to look down at the object. From what he could tell, it was one of those cars that humans used, but even Ibis knew that cars didn't fly, unless they had help.

Ibis looked up again to see that the caveman was on a parking space, picking up the cars, large and small alike, and launching them at Ibis, in an attempt to have some sort of range on the massive beast that was Ibis. Ibis took that as another challenge, and began to walk towards the small caveman, small compared to Ibis that is. As he continued to walk, cars bounced off of Ibis' body, all ending up folded and bend as they made contact, falling in every which direction, depending on the force and where they hit him. Ibis wasn't getting hurt, but all the noise was beginning to irritate him as he continued to walk.

"RAAAAAAARGH!!!"

With his irritation rising, Ibis unleashed another primal roar, raising his arms into the air again and digging his arms into the earth, picking up a massive chunk of concrete and lava free from the ground, small stream of lava leaking off of it as Ibis raised it over his head. The piece must have been at least 10 tonnes, but to someone like Ibis, it wasn't even a strain on his physical strength. Ibis let another roar out as he threw the massive piece of molten concrete at the caveman, continuing to try and make the creature bleed. Of course, Ibis never realized that just hitting the creature would make it bleed, but Ibis wasn't exactly a mental all star.

"RAAAAARRGH" Ibis roared as he continued his mad assault, as the two were only exchanging blows in the form of weapons, rather than trading blows face to face, like Ibis would prefer.
The Silence
The Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte November 27th 2011, 7:28 pm

Gwharr snorted in dissapointment as car after car was smashed to pieces against the face of the gargantuan rock-creature. Apparantly, doing no damage. He could live with that, though. He could take a car to the face without much damage too, but the fact that the monstrosity did not even bother with putting his arms up to protect his face. As the barrage of motor-veichles continued Gwharr felt more and more hesitant about his current strategy. His current mode of fighting did not seem to be anywhere near effective, heck no matter how many cars he would chuck at the giant it wouldnt make any difference, he simply wouldn't manage to put a crack in the big thing at all using his current weaponry.

However, the alternative scared him. He had no wish to go toe to toe with that thing. It would hurt him, possibly even rip him to shreds, and it hurts alot healing from things like that. However, it was not like he had a choice at the moment. At least close up and personal he would have a chance at getting a few good punches in, maybe topple it or something similar. If he tried to remain at a distance he would meet the same fate as the humans he was currently turning into nothing but smoke and ash, dissapearing forever in the magma-streams. It was just so pointless. Gwharr was no stranger to killing. He had killed in battles of dominance of material goods and he had killed to eat the body of his opponent if no other way of sustaining himself or his tribe had been avalible. He had killed in self-defence and only rarely had he killed for sport. However, this creature did not kill for any of these reasons. It killed for no reason, it didn't even notice. It was just so pointless.

The creature once again let out a primal roar, its voice reminding gwharr of the thunderous sound of a volcanic eruption. The creature still roared as it picked up a gargantuan slab of earth over its head, and even though he knew what was going to happen, Gwharr still didn't move away. He knew he wasn't fast enough. He wasn't particurlarly frightened of the impact, though. He knew he was tough enough to survive it without too much pain, and there was not enough magma on the rock to seriously burn him. He just had to get over the momentary pain that came with such an attack. He looked intently into the monsters eyes as it hurled the slab of sludgey concrete against him, closed them in the last moment and dug his feet and hands into the ground.

The rock crashed into him with a thunderous noise, it pushed him backwards but it did not make him fall. He could hear the rock cracking and splintering against him, but he could also hear the hissing of his skin and flesh being burnt by the lava. It didn't worry him not, after all he barely felt it. Gwharr was rather resistant to pain, and the added resistance to it provided by the adrenaline-surge had dulled it to the point where it was barely a dull ache.

Gwharr couldn't help but considering staying beneath the rock untill the giant had gone away, but he knew he could not. He would not let the rockmonster walk all over him so easily. He could hear the footsteps of the rock-monster as it aproached him, he could hear the thud of them too, the asphalt cracking beneath the obscene weight of his opponent. Just when the creature was about to reach him he rose from the ground, holding the rock above his head. Most of the hair was burnt off of his head, and his palms, lower arms and part of his face had slight burn-wounds that was already fading into nothing. He doubled back, and with all his might he thrusted the boulder against the rock-monster, trying to make it stagger, hoping to buy enough time for him to get close enough to fight it, without being kept back by the monstrositys superior range. as soon as the rock had left his hands he rushed at it, unleashing a violent barrage of punches, swinging wildly as if there was no tomorrow. . . and who knows, maybe there wouldn't be any tomorrow for him.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Silence December 4th 2011, 5:19 am

Unknowing of his opponents condition, Ibis walked over to the slab of rock he had just recently thrown, believing that he had brought the fight to a quick end, and merely had to pick up a blood sample. To Ibis, it was inconceivable that someone of that size could survive an attack like that from Ibis, even if they had a form of super strength, barely anyone in the world had Ibis' level of strength, and he was stupidly proud of it. As a result, Ibis walked over to the large slab of rock without any sort of defense. Even if the beast somehow survived Ibis' attacks, he would most likely than not be weak, defenseless, and ready for Ibis to finish him off. As Ibis gingerly approached, he noticed the slab wasn't flat on the ground, telling him that the beast was tougher than he looked. But still Ibis continued his march, just because the beast was tough enough to survive a large piece of concrete, doesn't mean he was strong enough to face down Ibis. As fast as his legs could move him, Ibis approached the slab of rock and reached out to grab it, to get it out of his way so he could claim his prize.

To Ibis' surprise, the beast leaped from under the slab, smashing the massive piece of concrete and lava against him, causing the massive earth elemental to pivot backwards and land on his back, causing the earth to shake from the mighty force. One could marvel how the structure of the city could take the force of these two powerhouses and still remain standing, but those who could possibly marvel such a thing were either dead or attempting to escape before they became caught in the madness. Ibis himself was caught off guard, not expecting the beast to create such a struggle against one of his power level, even able to knock Ibis over, which was in its own merit a commendable feat. In addition, the beast quickly continued and began to pound onto Ibis' body, unleashing flurry of blows onto Ibis. However, the great earth elemental raised his arms, and cracked the concrete beneath them, causing the two to fall within the sewer systems, and allowing Ibis to change into a much more suitable form.

Before even making contact with the ground, Ibis leaped out of the way and crashed through the sewer not to far away from the caveman. It was then that Ibis began to transform into a new form, one he thought would make quick work of the other beast, and make sure that Ibis didn't have to go through anymore trouble. In front of the beast, Ibis' orange veins began to transform into a light blue color, signifying the beginning of his change. Without warning, Ibis' body began to crumple and smooth out, as if he was starting to become fine turned like a piece of artwork by an unknown force. Soon Ibis' body began to take shape, a shiny husk lying on the ground, made up of a head, body and several segmented limbs. One could easily see that Ibis had taken the shape of a scorpion, but didn't seem to be connected at all. It was then that vines began to erupt from the ground and coil around Ibis, pulling all the parts together and holding them in place, taking the place of lost parts that would have been on a normal scorpion.

With his new form complete, Ibis picked himself up, dust beginning to fall from his body as the stones began to grind together, making the movements smooth and fluid upon repeated exposure to movement. Ibis had become what one would call an earthborn scorpion, coiled and ready to strike the beast in front of him. Ibis' eyes, which were empty and dark during transformation, burned a bright blue as he looked towards the caveman, the lights narrowing to show Ibis taking focus. With a small step back, Ibis whipped his tail backwards and then thrust it forward in a stabbing motion. A normal stinger would have gone only so far, but Ibis' vine-limb body allowed him to extend his powerful stinger an incredible 50 meters, aimed to skewer straight through the caveman. The speed was an intense change compared to how Ibis had originally been, now Ibis could keep up with the fastest of superhumans, and he was ready to make good use of his new found range.
The Silence
The Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte December 4th 2011, 12:01 pm

He could feel the sudden resistance when he thrust the ten ton rock forward, and it made him glad. It meant that his attack was on target, smashing into the gigantic rockman, even pushing him backwards! His little scheme had succeeded! He had landed hits on the rock-man before, but unlike his little car-throwing match, this one seemed to be making a difference, heck with any luck it might do a bit of damage. Gwharr could not help but to give out a rather deranged, shrieking and high-pitched laughter as he heard that his attack was dead on target. In fact the caveman was so exhilerated that he did not even notice that the burn-wounds that had bothered him so much earlier had already faded, leaving him unharmed yet again.

He kept pushing the rock into the giant, and suddenly the resistance ceased as the rock-monster seemed The gurgling noise turned into a beastly howl of triumph as he saw the gargantuan rockmonster fall before him! He had done it! He could barely believe he had landed yet another hit on the giant monstrosity, much less caused it to topple over. Maybe this fight was not as impossible as he had thought earlier. He quickly leapt towards the monster, hammering at it with his oversized arms. hoping to be able to crack its hide, maybe even smash a hole through the being. He wanted to do some damage. Most of all the lumbering caveman hoped it would be lethal damage, but honestly, any kind of damage would do. If he could damage the creature he knew he could eventually wear it down, by picking bits of it, little by little. It would not exactly be a kill to brag about, but it was probably the best way to fight against a creature like this. After all, killing a god would give you bragging-rights no matter if you used cowardly methods or not.

He raised his fists and brought them down on the rock-monster again, hitting him repeatedly, giving him no chance to pull a fast one or get back up on his feet. It was very unliekly that a being such as this would be careless enough to let him get in another cheap-shot like the one that had put his opponent in the rather precarious position he was in now. However, his sense of triumph was once again short-lived as the gargantuan creature raised his fist into the air, and first Gwharr expected him to defend himself against his attacks, but rather the rock-creaturere smashed his arms back into the ground, causing the already battered parking-lot to collapse unto itself, falling down into the tunnels beneath the city.

This move took gwharr by surprise, and he temporarily lost his balance, falling off of the rock-man and tumbled down into the sewers together with the other assorted cars, pieces of asphalt and rock that had been nearby. Fortunately our primitive hero managed to land on his feet, not entirely unlike a cat. His vision was coulded by the dust and from steam, billowing forward from one of the many ruptured pipes, but there luckily his acute hearing managed to pick up the sound of movement not far away. The caveman lumbered forward, grabbing a rock, holding it over its head, ready to smashe it into the rockman and hopefully get him onto his back once more. In his mind, he still had the advantage.

However, what Gwharr saw next, made him rather nervous. If he had ever doubted that this thing was a god, he now stopped. The rocky bits of the creature was reconfiguring itself, and surprisingly angular, neat, almost glowing blue lines appeared over the rock, making it look aslmost like machienery. The rock flowed outwards, vines seemingly appearing from the ground binding them together into a form not unlike the scorpions of the desert. However Gwharr was undaunted. This form was alot less intimidating than the earlier form. However, he had not expected this new form to be so much faster than the earlier one. So much more lethal.

The creature swung his stinger against him, And Gwharr did not even bother to consider dodging. After all, the creature was far too distant to actually hit him, but the stinger stretched towards him, seemingly defying the laws of physics, hitting him square in the chest, impaling him and seemingly exiting through his back. Gwharrs features visibly paled from the shock, horror and pain, but he had been injured like this before. He was not about to give in already. He quickly wrapped his massive arms around the stinger to make sure the monster did not muck about with it amonst his innards, and used all of his strength to attempt to swing the scorpion over his head by its tail, not unlike the way you swung a mace. Hopefully this would do some damage
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Silence December 8th 2011, 1:38 pm

Ibis let out a low chuckle as he felt himself hit the caveman square in the chest, knowing that he had caused a crippling blow to even the mightiest of superhumans, the sound of his chuckle akin to that of rumbling rocks. Ibis watched the beast in front of him react to his swift and deadly attack, but to his surprise, he did not tremble like most other enemies he had faced before. Instead, the beast grabbed onto Ibis' elongated stinger, squarely securing its hands onto the stem of his vines and began to pull Ibis. Ibis did not expect the resistance, but welcomed it nonetheless, the beast was becoming more and more of an enjoyable challenge for the mighty earth elemental.

Ibis tugged back on his tail, matching the creature's strength even in his physically weaker attack form. The two goliaths pulling back and forth like two rabid dogs fighting over a bone. Whichever one lost the exchange would likely receive a crippling blow, or at least suffered some sort of damage. Ibis continued to resist the pull of the beast, but it wasn't pulling Ibis towards it, rather it was pulling Ibis over it, causing the earth elemental to begin losing his balance, and his hold of influence over the entire struggle. Ibis could only think of two things that could happen at the moment, animal instinct as it were.

His instincts were telling him to either disengage from the skirmish as a whole until later, or begin a full out assault and overwhelm the primitive man with speed and power. To Ibis, it wasn't much of a choice, Ibis never ran away, he never submit, just like in his former life, he would face this opponent head on and give him everything he had. The beast wanted Ibis to come to him, then Ibis would come to him. Ibis managed to pull himself down with his multiple limbs and square himself, root his path and prepare for his assault.

"RAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHH!!!" Ibis roared with one final pull on his own tail, with all his might to pull the beast towards him, Ibis launched himself in a murderous pounce towards the caveman, using his own tail to pull him faster across the distance, Ibis' massive body causing the entire tunnel he passed to cave in as he came in, Ibis' murderous assault caused the streets above to sink into the sewers as the snipping claws and solid body came towards the caveman at full, breakneck speeds. Up above, no one could tell what was going one, all they could hear is Ibis' murderous bellows and watch as their city crumbled to dust underneath his wake.
The Silence
The Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte December 11th 2011, 11:12 am

Gwharr dug his finger into the creatures tail with all the strength he was able to muster, and his bloated, massive muscles on both his oversized arms and his stout legs strained with the effort. This Scorpion-thing didn't seem to be nearly as strong as the earlier form, and even thoug hit had a greater range when it came to its attacks, Gwharr could not help but to wonder why it had bothered to change at all. This form presented no advantage that hte last one seemed to lack, apart from the extra limbs and the stinger. Maybe it was done out of nessecity for some reason, or maybe it had no controll over what manner of form it took. After all, this thing was a rock-creature, possibly a son of the sun. What hope could a mere Nigh-Immortal caveman like himself hope to understand of the possible limits and incompreshensible rules that governed its existance.

The fight seemed to have turned into a massive Tug-of-war between Gwharr and the scorpion beast, with neither side seeming to be able to gain much ground. Gwharr was afraid that the pair would be stuck here indefinately, like oh-so-many beasts of legend, locked in eternal combat, neither side ever giving away an inch to their opponent, however, he was not going to give up now. If he let the stinger go, the creature was show to sting him more, presumably stinging him and stinging him untill he wouldn't be able to get up anymore. No, he could not quit, but it seemed that keeping going like this was rather pointless too. Gwharr felt panic rise. He was stuck, without any options but to keep going.

However, Gwhar could feel a ray of hope, metaphorically shining down upon him as he felt the Beat giving way, hearing the rattle of rocks falling. The beast had lost it s footing! Caloo callay, oh, glorious day! Gwharr roared in triumph as he pulled the monster towards him, trying to build enough momentum to throw it, However, before he had the time to do this, the scorpion-beast rushed towards him, rather than being pulled, and it was as fast as a greased bolt of lightning, flowing over the debris like a shadow. Gwhar had never seen anything so big move so fast, and barely had time to react when the crature was over him.

He desperately tried to grab ahold of its arms to prevent the gargantuan scorpion from sticking them into him, but unfortunately the monstrosity was far too fast for him.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Silence January 14th 2012, 11:56 pm

Ibis grunted with satisfaction as he felt his scorpion like head make contact with the caveman's massive body, allowing him to knock it over while sinking in his stingers and claws, making prominent grooves around them as the rock appendages dug deeper as Ibis applied more and more pressure onto the wounds. As the two titans finally made their impact, the sheer force of the resulting shockwave caused what little stability the street had left to crumble, sending debris onto the two giants as their struggles continued. Despite the pieces of concrete, metal and water falling on top of them, Ibis continued his assault. The speed and intensity of Ibis' attacks caused the large pieces of concrete to form a dome around him and the caveman, both of them surrounded by darkness, only the faint glow from Ibis' veins acting as any source of light. Were one able to see what was transpiring inside of the dome, they would only see flashes of light as Ibis' claws pounded against the caveman's hard face, the sound of two incredibly dense objects making contact with each other, the force so great that even the ground itself shook with the might that Ibis was unleashing upon the beast. Ibis had gained an advantage with his wild rushing attack and he wasn't about to let the advantage go to waste, which resulted in the massive elemental pounding on the prehistoric creature's body until the ground began to cave in from the impacts.

But once Ibis started to hear splattering sounds from all around the dome, he ceased his attacking, feeling around that he was wet, but with a liquid much heavier than water. Ibis could tell there that he had finally made the creature bleed, just like Doctor Necrodium had ordered him to do. Somewhat like a machine that does what it is told, Ibis' rage subsided, losing his desire to fight. With his resolve lost, Ibis proceeded to do as the Doctor would normally ask him to do, which was to take some of the blood in order to be analyzed. Ibis began to let out a long, tongue like appendage, which he used to collect the large amounts of blood that was literally spilling off the walls where Ibis was collecting it from, the dark crimson liquids flowing through the tongue to a place in Ibis' body where Doctor Necrodium can analyze it. With his opponent slightly ripped apart, Ibis began to start on his way of getting out, seeing no more reason to do anything besides resume destroying the city. However, once he began to dig his way out, Doctor Necrodum once again entered Ibis' head. Ibis didn't expect the Doctor to contact him so quickly upon finishing his mission, but he was willing to listen to what the good Doctor had to say, as always.

"Ibis, I was able to quickly analyze the sample of the creature that you had sent me. Unfortunately, my findings were unfavorable for you. The creature is a prehistoric creature that is related similar to a human, however, unlike a human it has physical strength and durability that are on par with your own, if you hadn't already noticed. In addition, the most peculiar thing about the creature is that it has an incredibly fast healing factor that allows it to- Oh what am I doing? You obviously cannot understand even a fraction of what I'm talking about. Ibis, the thing you were fighting is healing as we speak, really fast. I need you to kill it, it is too dangerous to be kept alive. Don't fail me Ibis, continue with destroying the city if you wish. But remember, I want that thing DEAD"

With a fuzz of static, Ibis looked back at the creature that was lying on the floor. As far as Ibis could tell, the thing was just as beat up as it was before, but anyone else who could have seen would have noticed that the caveman was knitting his wound at an alarming rate, healing the major wounds in a matter of seconds. But to Ibis, the creature was weak and beat up, and now Doctor Necrodium wanted it dead. With that in mind, Ibis grabbed onto the caveman's neck with his vice grip and proceeded to turn and spin the caveman around, smashing him around the dome, causing bits of concrete to bounce around the solidly made dome. Finally, Ibis released his grip, sending the massive caveman flying out of the dome, through the street and into an adjacent building, causing massive damage to it. Camera crews on the street screamed in fright as the massive living projectile flew past them, and then proceeded to run as debris began to fall on them. Ibis followed suit, jumping up after the massive caveman. As he continued to jump up the building, Ibis eventually leaped high above the caveman, before transforming back into his original form and proceeding to let down a his combined arms into a massive overhead smash, falling at an alarming rate, ready to crush the caveman and the building as well.

"RAAAAGH!!!"
The Silence
The Silence

Back to top Go down

Post by Troglodyte January 16th 2012, 11:21 pm

As the two mighty, primal, mindless warriors that where both more like forces of nature rather than mere mortals collided, there was such a force, such a display of strength that the street and almost everything around them collapsed. However, Gwharr paid no heed to this. The rocks and pieces of concrete that crashed onto him merely broke against his skin or bounced off of him without leaving a single scratch. However his opponent seemed to have a similar level of innate damage-resistance, although in the case of the shape-changing rock-scorpion-man it was slightly more obvious, since he was, after all, made out of rock.

The pair was fighting in all but complete darkness, and the only source of light where the mysterious luminous lines that ran across the scorpions smooth, rocky surface. However, the mysterious gloomy glow was not nearly enough to luminate anything that was less than a foot from the scorpion. The scorpion was powerfull, and even though Gwharr felt as if this form was weaker than the earlier one, it more than made up for it by its incredible speed. It moved quicker than any animal on earth, and Gwharr did not have time to do anything byt try to divert the creatures blows, barely managing it. Launching a counter-offensive was all but impossible due to the difference in speed. Gwharr could feel the claws collide with his face and, even though he held up his arms in front of it to defend, the scorpion still managed to penetrate his defences. He could feel his flesh getting torn up every time the scorpion landed a blow, luckily, the creature rarely seemed to cut very deep, though. His forearms where alls filled with slashes and cuts, and so was his upper torso. Gwharr tried to roar, but he felt that all that came out of his throat was a slight gurgling. At first the caveman panicked, but soon he realized that his throat would be all better in nothing but a few seconds. Actually, he could feel his throat and the rest of his body knit itself back together as quickly ass his opponent busted him up.

However, the assault was strangely brought to something of a halt, as the monstrosity Licked Gwharr, for some reason. At first Gwharr thought it might want to be friends, like a happy doggy would, but he then realized that he had never heard of scorpions that made friends. Nor had he heard about rocks making friends either, so the creature probably had something more sinister in mind. However, he much preffered this to getting himself all ripped appart. The caveman was wise enough to simply stand still one out for a bit, as the scorpion took a brief paus in the fighting. He wasn't stupid enough to relax entirely, but this would get his wounds to heal and his body to generally fix itself up for a bit. After all, time was was his friend in these endevours. The more time he took the more his body was allowed to recover.

However, just as Gwharr was about to once again go into the fray, the scorpion grabbed ahold of his throat with a pincer, swinging him around like a bunker, smashing him into concrete and whatnot. However, this did not bother Gwharr all that much. Sure it might not be all that comfortable, but he was far tougher than the concrete and it shattered when he collided into it, leaving him all but uninjured. However, the scorpion soon released its grasp, hurling the monstrosity up through the ground and through a wall, seemingly ending up in a house. Gwharr got back onto his feet, taking a few moments to observe his surroundings and regaining his sense of location. However, it did not take long for a loud crash from the roof. Gwharr quickly leapt back, avoiding the falling rock-man with barely a tenth of a second to spare. He quickly leapt up against the wall, kicking himself off against the Rock-creature, who now seemed to be back in his stronger, but slower form. Hopefully, he would be able to get a few blows in before the rock-creature had time to regain his balance after the drop through the roof.
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top