The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Corrigan's Code I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Corrigan's Code I_vote_lcapCorrigan's Code I_voting_barCorrigan's Code I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Corrigan's Code I_vote_lcapCorrigan's Code I_voting_barCorrigan's Code I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Corrigan's Code

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corrigan's Code Empty Corrigan's Code

Post by Dr Cosmos October 14th 2011, 3:23 pm

“We're suffering the greatest depression ever faced. These metal men are actively displacing American workers, who have gone so far to start setting up shanty towns in the outskirts of cities. Houses, Auto-mobiles and Families have all been lost to a workforce that doesn't have a soul.” The crowd applauded. The sound was almost enough to wake Corrigan, but he kept his forehead down on the desk, the bottle of booze next to him giving a clue of the source of the foul breath and dishevelled state. “I'm calling for the immediate Prohibition of Weak AI machines. These construction robots are taking the roots of all industries, and the CEO's and Boards of Directors don't seem to care.”

The applause echoed around the office, around stacks of old case files and the big wall of books behind the chair that Corrigan was slumped in. His desk took up almost the whole centre area of his room, but that mean he could push his computer to one side and still have a whole area open for looking through notes, or just a place to hold a bottle of booze. There seemed to be plenty of those, jostling for attention, mainly empty or fallen to the dark carpet. Against the wall facing the desk was a line of filing cabinets, the supposed home of every paper form he ever had, but now they worked as a buffer from the empty receptionist area beyond.

About a year ago, the receptionist out there had finally shuffled off the mortal coil. Since then, Corrigan has never hired another. Dust had settled on the curved desk pressed against the windows. The computer and chair had been hocked for money, but the desk was connected to the wall so it wasn't going anywhere. Corrigan left chairs and coffee tables out there, along with a few fake Sim-plants. As someone made another point on the radio, the spider plant flickered.

This time, Sam Corrigan woke. But it wasn't the sound of the radio, it was the sound of weight being pressed down on a creaky board outside of his office. Groggily, he reached into his jacket and unbuttoned the clasp on his revolver. Lightly, his fingers curled around it and it slipped loose, as a hand ratted a knock onto the frosted glass of what was now his permanent home and office, combined. Sam pushed back on his chair and his legs shook slightly as his other hand moved to steady himself on the corner of the desk. He swerved towards the doorway to the receptionist area, his shoulder hitting the open doorway.

Outside the door was a thick silhouette of a tall, thin, angular man shifted weight from one foot to the other. He was probably wearing low light goggles, judging from the bright discs appearing behind the glass. The floor creaked again, as Sam traded the pistol to his left hand and hid it behind the doorway. The man lifted a hand and rapped on the glass again. Corrigan narrowed his eyes, lifting his hand to check the watch. “It's one in the morning, come back during office hours.” He said dully, but his eyes were sharp. The shadow seemed to pause, taking a step back and slightly turning, but then it seemed to bolster it's resolve and knocked again. “Alright, alright.” He mumbled, pushing himself off the doorway and walking towards the door with his name printed on it, backwards from this side.

He didn't take the chain off when he pulled back, looking out into the hall. “What-” His eyes widened as he took a moment to take the sight in front of him in. The robot looked back, wringing it's hat before it's chest as it's bright blue eyes focused in on Sam's face. It's head was almost human like, but it didn't have ears or a nose. One eye, the left, was larger than the right by a good three inches. It seemed to be surrounded by a thick ring that had numbers around it. There was a speaker where a human mouth would belong. Beyond that, the rest of the machine seemed to be more like the Factory workers, but it was wearing what looked like a three piece suit. Corrigan slowly closed the door on the machine.

Corrigan paused for a moment before he unlatched the chain and opened the door wide. “Come in.” He muttered, waiting for the robot to take a few steps forward into the room. Then he closed and bolted the door again, turning away from it as he walked back into his office, slipping his revolver back into it's home on his side. Sam moved around the desk and settled back into his chair, looking up and expecting to see the machine. Instead, it stayed in the receptionist area. He blinked and lifted up in chair, looking around the door and beckoning it with a finger. The robot walked forward into the room but didn't sit down, instead standing by the corner of Sam's desk.

“So, what can I help you with, my fine metal friend? Someone got a message?” He looked up into the misshaped eyes of the machine. It continued to wring its hat, head slightly moving to look down at it's own hand as if surprised by what it was doing, but then it looked up and said simply, in a synthesised voice. “I have committed a murder. I want you to investigate it.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Corrigan's Code Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 230
Humor : Dark
Registration date : 2011-02-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top