The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Karen Forge I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Karen Forge I_vote_lcapKaren Forge I_voting_barKaren Forge I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Karen Forge

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Karen Forge Empty Karen Forge

Post by Ryvius March 24th 2011, 3:58 am

((first off, I'd like to say that given this character's history I'd like very much for it to be intertwined with other character's' on the site. Maybe your friend was killed by Wrath, maybe you're a vigilante who's buddy was taken in by the government's dog and you recognize her, maybe you worked with the government so you know who she is...etc. etc. If you want to work something out, please tell me in this thread or PM me. Also, it is very very late right now so feel free to point out any boneheaded mistakes.))

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Kindness
Title: The Virtue Kindness; some media refer to her as the glass shield.
Alignment: Lawful good
Race: Human
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5’4’’
Weight: 120 lbs

Costume Description/Image:
Uses a costume with some armor. Wears blue pants with a white shirt featuring vertical blue stripes. White boots, and silver guards for the shoulders, knees, elbows, and a silver-colored belt.

Personality:
Karen has a strong desire to help people, and to make herself useful. She bears her memories like a cross and can be hard to truly get close to. She always puts anyone else before herself, and tends to push herself too hard and not accept help when she needs it. She is somewhat shy, especially around men who make her uncomfortable. She is strictly non-lethal, and will not tolerate loss of life.

History: Karen has lived a hard life. Born to a homeless drunk, she lived as an orphan until the age of 6 when she was taken in by a darker side of the U.S. Government for a special program. In order to compete with other countries top secret programs, the U.S. decided to create it’s own superhero program and gave it the authority to act completely on its own. It used people without connections to other people such as Karen Forge, “Expendables” and “invisibles.” They experimented on many people, creating many failures and killing many people. Karen came in on the later years of the operation, and is the closest thing they had to a success. Though her young body proved to be better for the project than older specimen, she still could not be called a success. Many cruel and painful experiments were performed on Karen, and slowly her innocence was scraped away. The only thing she remembers fondly from that time is a woman named Selena, who acted as Karen’s mother. Though she was only playing the role because they felt it necessary in order to work with a child Karen remembers Selena as her mother and wears a cross necklace given to her by Selena at all times. They succeeded in giving Karen powers as well as enhancing her body for combat. In fact, they created one of the most powerful beings to ever walk the earth. The effect on her mind, would end up being too damaging however. Though she showed signs of increased aggression and sadism, it was ruled as “controllable” and Karen was labeled the program’s ultimate success. Given the awesome nature of her powers, she was codenamed “Wrath”

The first time they tried to field test project Wrath, she immediately went rogue. The restrictions and controls in place did nothing to contain her. She was a meta-human with the awesome and terrifying power to rip apart the basic bonds between any matter-she could literally rip anything she chose apart with the wave of her hands. Cars became disassembled, walls were reduced to rubble, buildings crumbled, and roads were wrecked. The 15 year old carved a path of destruction across the country. Her power was not limited to inorganic things either. Men, women, children all found themselves spontaneously being torn into pieces. People watched helplessly as their loved ones, armed forces, and heroes that came to protect their citizens burst and split apart into bloody messes.

Eventually she was taken down and recaptured by the organization that had loosed her upon the world. Publically, the government covered up who the horrible monster or villain was, and tried to erase her existence as much as they could. Rebranded as a failure, Karen was kept in a small cell restrained in so many ways she could not move a tiny bit, not even open her lids. She was kept alive with machines, and fed drugs to try to counteract the psychosis and super-powers they had given her. They hoped to use her to design weapons capable of stripping super-humans of their power. During the three year period she was kept like this, the superhuman program changed hands and changed significantly. Eventually they successfully undid most of the mental damage done by experiments on Karen and by that time the program was in the hands of those who had better intentions.

At 18, Karen was finally able to leave her cell for the first time. She required rehabilitation, since she had not moved in 3 years, but with the methods at her disposal she quickly became strong again. Thanks to 3 years of research and effort, she had her mind back again, though with many scars. She remembered everything she had done as Wrath, and it was a heavy burden to bear. The government offered her a way to atone for her sins, so she became a government employed super. She was given the codename “Kindness” to represent her new role, opposing her life as Wrath.

Though she did not retain her destructive powers, she developed the new ability to utilize what became known as “Resti force” She used this powerful defensive ability to become the government’s ultimate riot trooper. Saving police force’s man-power and keeping normal humans from danger by apprehending dangerous villains. Of course, working for the government Karen apprehended her share of anti-heroes and renegades with good intentions as well. She was finally finding her place in a harsh world, but unfortunately the government superhero project was dissolved shortly after employing her. As a “final parting gift” the director, who had taken a special interest in Karen and treated her like a daughter, did work behind the scenes to erase her existence from the records. She no longer belonged to the government. He managed to give her enough money to make her way in the outside world, though she was still lost.

Unsure of her place and alone in the world now, Karen forge only knows one thing. She knows her sins still weigh heavy on her, and she is determined to use her powers for good, to protect people. Though even though she is a hero know, there are still those who may remember her as the monster that killed innocent people as well as heroes alike. As well, there are those that know her as the government’s dog, imposing their will on villain and vigilante alike. Even so, Karen will find her place in the world.

Powers: Karen utilizes the powerful “Resti Force” With it she is able to harness invisible bonds that hold the universe together. She can use this to create highly resistant geometric shields, or even make herself a sword for offence. Though she can make the edge of her blade razor thing she generally uses a blunt edge to prevent loss of life. These shields are transparent, though the lines in between the panes are a very visible glowing blue/teal color. Besides making shields in the air, she can also use the power repair inorganic objects as long as the pieces are nearby. For instance, if there was a hole knocked through a wall she could repair it as long as the bricks were in the vicinity.

Power Grid:
STR: 2
SPD: 4
END: 2
INT: 2
EP: 6
FS: 6

Character Image/Description: Karen is petite, with long light blonde hair. Her eyes are a crystalline blue, and are usually the first thing people notice about her. Her skin is very pale and fair, and also covered in many scars due to her past. Because of this she always wears long sleeves and usually turtlenecks and other covering articles of clothing. Besides being insecure about her scars, seeing them trudges up very bad memories. She always wears a silver cross necklace given to her by her “mother”
Ryvius
Ryvius

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Karen Forge Empty Re: Karen Forge

Post by Ryvius April 2nd 2011, 3:10 pm

Ryvius
Ryvius

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Karen Forge Empty Re: Karen Forge

Post by Super Cutie April 3rd 2011, 6:46 am

Okay, so this is a good app.

I think you're gonna have to split your EP between your shield making and your repair ability, but other than that I don't see any problems with it. So once you get that taken care of, you're approved... unless anyone disagrees with me.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Karen Forge Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down