The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) Empty Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN)

Post by inquisitor April 2nd 2019, 9:34 am

With a grunt, the man pulled the door shut behind him, before lifting a solid 10 inch length of steel from a neat stack next to the door. Moving through the darkened smithy, he lifted the grate covering the opening of the forge and slid the piece of steel into the red hot coals until only one end was still showing. With a satisfied nod, he turned and moved over to his wall of tools, and began lifting down the ones he needed.

Gavin lowered two long-handled hammers, a set of long-handled flat-tongs, and a sharp-topped hardy onto the small table next to his anvil. He turned his head to look at the forge. Seeing the length of steel had turned a dark red, he nodded, before moving to work the bellows. He watched the piece of steel as he did, waiting until it had turned a yellow just short of white. He grabbed the tongs, and removed the length of steel from the forge. Turning to the anvil, he laid the metal on it, and picked up the heaver of the two hammers, weighing ten pounds. Holding it at the end of its long handle, to avoid adding to the scars already on his arm, he began to round the edges of the steel bar, humming softly to himself as he did.

Soon, though, he moved his hammer towards the middle of the length of steel, hammering it into a broad blade. He hammered until the metal was almost as thick as the original at the butt, but 15 inches in length. Every now and then, as he worked the hammer on the piece of metal, he lowered the hammer to the table to slide the steel back into the forge, working the bellows to keep it at the same pale yellow color.

Eventually, he laid down the 10 pound hammer, and lifted the second one, 5 pounds in weight. Using the lighter hammer, he thinned one end of the metal, and then, using the anvil horn and the hammer, bent that end in a curve down beside the blade. Lowering the hammer to the table, he lifted his work-piece up for a moment to make sure he could fit a handle on the bent end once he was done.

With a satisfied nod, he set the sharp-topped hardy in the anvil's hardy-hole, laid the work-piece over it, and, with a sharp smack with the 5 pound hammer, cut the pale yellow end of the metal from the cold end. As soon as the cold end of the metal clanged against the anvil, he turned towards the three barrels next to his anvil, and tossed the unfinished chamfer knife into the barrel of salt water. The barrel let out a loud hiss, and Gavin started to replace the two hammers and hardy on their racks.

Last edited by inquisitor on April 21st 2019, 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : Fellas, you can walk out of here on your own two legs, or the EMTs can wheel you out on stretchers. Make the right choice. -Gavin Clough

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 122
Job : Warbound
Humor : Not child friendly.
Registration date : 2019-03-30

Back to top Go down

Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) Empty Re: Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN)

Post by Chellizard April 21st 2019, 12:21 am

The world is filled with dangerous beings, and it takes the heart of the pure to stop the wicked filling their souls. Unfortunately for a certain Elven princess, she would be overpowered today while attempting to thwart evil.

Mirshann had found herself in Chicago, a wonderful city filled with people and tourists and all kinds of folk. She had visited three pretzel stands and a hotdog vendor all within the same two hours, and made sure to feed her canine companion, who decided to take on the size of a smaller dog, his fur mocking a mutt breed. She had a loose leash around of him, Ryzo able to slip out at any time, but he stayed with her as they walked.

It didn't take long for the day to turn grim. A woman's cry for help could be heard in a lone alleyway. Of course the alleyway had a woman crying for help. Ryzo's immediate response was to ignore it. He insisted it would not be worth their time, and to just alert the police officers in the vicinity. Mirshann chose against it.

She withdrew her bow as the two of them came into the alley.

"Reveal yourself!" she demanded, the overcast sky and shadows cast by the buildings making it hard to see. She stepped forward, a yelp coming from behind of her as she turned to see Ryzo with a dart in his neck. She felt a sting course through her as a dart was shot into her own neck. She fell to her knees and her eyes rolled into the back of her head.

--

The road was bumpy, and each bump brought Mirshann closer and closer to consciousness. She blinked a few times, finding herself gagged and bound, her wrists tied behind of her back, her ankles as well, and a rope stringing them together to prevent her from getting out of the kennel box she was shoved into. Ryzo was in one across from her, his ears pinned back to his head. He was still appearing as his smaller self, waiting for an opportunity to get out of the back of the van.

A few more bumps over the road and the tires slowed down, a soft screech sound resonating out into the inky forest surrounding the old dirt road. Mirshann tried to get untied and stretched to her best ability, attempting to get the ropes to snap. They were much stronger than her, and she couldn't do much without her bow to begin with.

Ryzo would look at his master with pain in his yellow eyes. The back of the van would swing open, a man in a grease stained shirt, a jacket that was clearly too small for him, and a gut hanging over the pants he had barely tied correctly around of his waist stood with a cigarette between his lips. He let out a grunt and pulled a dolly around to pull Ryzo's kennel out of the van and put him into a fenced in section near a very old, very beat up cabin. It looked like it was heavily modified and renovated with bits and pieces from other houses, and even vehicles.

Ryzo's ears would fold back as he let out a soft growl.

"Quit that shit now, ya mutt. I'll feed ya in a second." he said, opening the kennel and then stepping out to shut the gate back behind of him.

Ryzo stood up and limped forward. His muscles ached, and his vision was a little blurry. The sedative was definitely still taking effect. He let out a whine and huffed, his paws padding against the tender earth.

Mirshann willed her thoughts to Ryzo, begging him to escape and get help. Anyone with a gun could save them. Anyone. "Please, Ryzo. You have to go... you have to do it for me. Get help. Anyone. I'm counting on you." she begged, a few tears threatening to spill down her face.

She heard two other women let out soft cries, her eyes opening as she scooted closer to the edge of her kennel. She could see two other blonde women, bound and gagged. This guy must have some kind of sex slave trade going, and that meant someone else would be here eventually to pick these women up, Miri included.

--

Ryzo would shake his head, trying his best to regain his strength. The sun was getting closer and closer to setting, and his head was spinning. He let out a gruff noise, his claws extending to dig into the dirt. The fence wasn't high, not necessarily, but the barbed wire on top would prove fatal if he got caught on it. Gaining momentum, he would run and jump, using the top of the kennel to bound over the fence.

"Hey!" the big bellied man let out a yell, but Ryzo was gone, the woods being his shelter. He would remember the scent, remember the surroundings. He would get help. He would find someone.

--

The sun had finally set. The sky was an inky blue, stars filling the sky. Ryzo would let out a deep howl, his energy returning as the sedative began to wear off. With each step he made as he ran, the less cloudy his mind became. He was at a full sprint now, his nose pointing him to the nearest person he could smell. He was brought to an older house, the smell of smoke drawing him near. A window was warmly lit with the fires of a lone forge, the sound of clinking metal inside indicating that someone was there.

Shaking his head, he would approach the door and scratch with his muddy paw, letting out a bark to see if someone was actually inside. They had to be... he could smell them.

Whoever answered the door would be face to face with an odd dog with silvery gray fur and piercing yellow eyes. At this moment, Ryzo was about the size of an average German Shepard.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN) Empty Re: Forge Work and Contemplations(OPEN)

Post by inquisitor April 21st 2019, 1:53 am

Standing right next to the door while he hung his tools back up, Gavin blinked at the scratching he heard. For a minute, he was sure it was coming from somewhere inside the forge. And then he heard the bark. A dog? What the hell?

Still holding the 10-pound hammer, he used his free hand to open the door and look out. And almost dropped the hammer on his foot, when he saw the odd dog with silvery gray fur and piercing yellow eyes, the size of a German Shepard. He stared for a moment, and then moved to shut the door, as his grip tightened on the head of the hammer.

"Nice doggie... Good doggie... Hopefully, Animal Control will come out this far, at this time of day."

Still staring at the dog, Gavin pushed the door shut, and let the latch fall into place. Turning away from the door, he stopped, frowning. While the doorframe leading from the forge into the house was outlined, he hadn't actually gotten around to finishing the door itself. So, to get to his phone, without breaking his house and forge, he would have to go outside, and deal with this dog. With a heavy sigh, he hung the hammer in its proper spot, grabbed another 10-inch length of steel from the carefully stacked pile next to the door, and opened the door.

As he did, he opened himself to the steel in his hand. Stepping out of the forge, he was a figure of solid steel, in thick leather pants, a shirt of brown cotton, with steel-toed boots, and a thick leather apron. Not exactly the outfit he would have chosen for dealing with a wild dog, but it wasn't going to matter much, since they were probably going to end up ruined anyways. Staring at the dog, he lifted his empty hand, palm out.

"Good doggie... Back away from the door..."

Gavin didn't have much experience with animals, but he knew enough to keep his voice calm when faced with dogs. And to avoid threatening moves. So he left the door open this time, though he made sure there wasn't room for the dog to get past him and into the forge. He didn't need it burning down because of a panicked animal. Or the animal hurting itself on the sharp or heavy tools, or the forge itself.

"What are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" he asked, staring at the dog for a long while. Which was when he realised his mistake. This wasn't a dog. This was a wolf. And, at that moment, Gavin was very glad he had taken the precaution of turning himself into solid steel.
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : Fellas, you can walk out of here on your own two legs, or the EMTs can wheel you out on stretchers. Make the right choice. -Gavin Clough

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 21st 2019, 2:21 am

Ryzo would wait, patience being one of his virtues. He would paw a few more times until the door was opened. As it opened, Ryzo would perk his ears up, and attempt to look less threatening. It was hard to do so when you looked like Ryzo, however.

His fur was muddy and matted around his belly and chest, and his paws were sore and bleeding. He had ran for almost three miles to find this place, the city much father away. He wasn't even sure if they were still in Illinois at this point.

He would cock his head to the left in a curious fashion, his ears folding back when the door got shut in his face. He let out an annoyed gruff and clawed at the door again, whining as he did so.

He heard a few clanking and a thud before he realized that the guy was stuck inside. He would have to come out.

"Silly humans..." he thought to himself, a soft sigh passing his maw. He would pant, the thought of water making him happy as his mind wandered for a second. He then brought his attention back to the door and scooted backward, keeping himself planted in the pathway that lead directly out of the forge. He was akin to a statue at this point.

The second time Gavin came outside, he was much friendlier, despite his motives to strike Ryzo if anything bad happened. The steel in his off hand was proof of that, and considering this man was no longer that of the normal human flesh, there was definitely something off about him. Narrowing his eyes, he would then let them close as he placed his chin into Gavin's palm, creating a psychic link with the man.

It would feel like a fuzzy tingly sensation running up Gavin's arm to the back of his head as Ryzo licked over his metallic palm. Once the link was secured, Ryzo would let his piercing yellow eyes stare into Gavin's.

"My master requires assistance. A big man such as yourself looks like you can handle it. However... If you cannot trust me, I cannot trust you. Are you a poacher?" a growl would follow, this one being audible whereas the words from Ryzo were flooding into Gavin's thoughts. The voice of the wolf was deep, yet soothing with a low rumble to each word. Commanding, yet calm.

--

Mirshann and the other two women had been moved into the living room of the cabin. It was small, dusty, and smelled like old beer and cheese. The hint of vomit and body odor lingered as well. It was wet, sticky, and made her want to vomit. The overwhelming smells did not make it easier on her, considering her head was pounding from the sedative wearing off. It was like a bad hangover. She felt drunk, but she had no idea what that feeling really was. She was helpless. She felt like she could do nothing at this moment.

Looking at the other two girls, Mirshann tried her best to convince one of them to try and help her get untied. They were too busy crying and begging passed their gags to focus on getting out of here. Mirshann just hoped her wolf companion hadn't gotten lost or worse... died.

She was sure she would feel something if he died, however. They were linked forever, after all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by inquisitor April 21st 2019, 3:06 am

Gavin didn't move as the wolf pressed its chin against his palm. Well, outwardly. Inside, his mind was racing. What was a wolf doing here, this close to Chicago? On its own? He was about to pull his hand back, when he felt the wolf lick his palm. It happened at the same time as a tingle ran up his arm, and to the back of his head. At that, he did jerk his hand back. And took a step back, as a voice spoke inside his head. The wolf? Am I ever going to have a normal day again? he questioned himself, as he stared at the animal.

"Your master? A poach--?! No, I'm a blacksmith!" he responded, a firm look replacing the confusion on his face. That wasn't the only reaction he had, as his hand clenched tightly against the steel rod gripped in his hand. A later look would see finger imprints left on the rod, matching Gavins hands.

"What, exactly, do you need me to do?" he asked, kneeling slowly so he was face-to-face with the wolf. He was determined to ignore the growl that had sounded from the wolf, just as he was determined to ignore the fact that he was talking to a wolf. When one had powers like his, one should expect to deal with the unusual.

Blinking, he held his free hand out again. "If you want to build trust, names should be exchanged. My name is Gavin. And yours?"

As he held his hand out, he let the steel peel back from that arm, so the wolf could sniff his actual skin, instead of the metal that had replaced it.
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 21st 2019, 6:05 pm

Ryzo's ears would fold back for a moment as the expression on his face became firm. His ears would then perk back up and his head would tilt to the left, his ears flopping slightly as he did. He would sniff the air, his nose twitching a bit before he began to pant again.

His ears arched forward, honing in on the sound of metal against metal as Gavin's hand would crush the steel bar he was holding. It made this man that much more impressive. Perhaps he was the right choice. How lucky Ryzo was.

Once a fleshy hand was presented, Ryzo would press his nose into the palm and take a sniff, then lick over the skin again. Nothing special happened this time. But now Ryzo knew this man's true scent. Bowing his head, he would butt the top of his head into Gavin's palm and let out a little noise of appreciation. It was almost a sigh, but a little more relieved than annoyed.

"I am Ryzo, sworn protector of Princess Mirshann Rosin. I require someone with opposable thumbs to help me get her back." He would then take a few more steps back, panting as he did so. His lips would curl up to reveal his teeth, a smile.

He would then bow his head and let his claws curl into the earth beneath his paws. As he did, soft silver markings would start to glow across his fur. As they began to glow brighter, he would grow in size. His paws became the size of dinner plates, his shoulder easily coming to Gavin's chest. As Ryzo would grow in size, his paws would shift across the ground, moving the dirt.

His tail would whip slightly before relaxing behind of him, his ears folding back. The soft glowing markings would fade, but they would remain a lighter gray in comparison to his dark gray fur. The piercing yellow eyes remained the same.

"They poisoned me, but I feel stronger now. We must head out now; there is no telling what they have done to my princess." Ryzo's voice echoed with a demanding tone. He required the man known as Gavin, the Steel Blacksmith, to hurry. There was no time to waste.

"It will be faster if you ride upon my back. I should be able to carry you if you are not made of steel." panting still, Ryzo's gaze would turn from Gavin to the woods, his form dropping down to his haunches, his front legs bending slightly so that Gavin could properly hop onto his back.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by inquisitor April 21st 2019, 10:11 pm

"Princess Mirsh-- Never mind that. Let me grab something from the forge, and we can go," he replied.

He turned, and moved into the room, dropping the crumpled steel rod into a pile of broken and damaged metal. He took the time to damp the forge, making sure to close the cover as he did. He didn't want to return home to a pile of ash and cinders. Moving by pure memory, he removed the apron he was wearing, hung it on one of the pegs, and moved towards the far wall, which held a supply of finished items. Reaching one hand up, he grabbed one of the items off the wall pegs, and moved back towards the door.

Reaching the door, he tightened his grip on the long steel handle, watching the wolf for a moment. He almost closed the door on the wolf again, when he saw that the wolf was not only glowing, but growing.

"You know, life was good before I could turn myself into different materials," he remarked, mostly to himself. "Didn't have to worry about banks exploding around me. Strange magic wolves didn't show up at my door at 11 at night. Chicago didn't have Princesses. Life was good," he continued, as he hefted the fully steel warhammer in his hand.

He tilted his head, listening to the wolf. Riding on the wolves back, and not as steel?

"What if I was made of a lighter material?" he asked, as he activated his power again, turning himself into cotton.

"It's light enough that I shouldn't trouble you too much," he continued, as he approached the wolf. He mounted, just behind Ryzo's forelegs and, as gently as he could, gripped the fur there.

"Whenever you're ready," he remarked, which, if he was being honest, was a mistake, as the wolf took off. Gavin leaned close to the wolfs body, holding the hammer close as well. The ride was nearly 3 miles, with the wolf silent the whole way, before Ryzo came to a stop. A house, made of cast-off materials, vehicles and other pieces of houses? Frowning, Gavin slid off the animals back and knelt beside him.

"Is this the place?" he asked, as he turned back into flesh and blood.
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 21st 2019, 12:45 am

Gavin's mumbles to himself were easily heard by Ryzo's attuned sense of hearing. He would overlook it, however, as it held no grounds for him to even care about. He waited patiently, that being one of his biggest virtues. He had to learn it with his Princess. She was... not particularly on time or had a set schedule or manner of doing, well, anything. She lived with her heart and soul on her sleeve, almost literally. She was too trusting and naive when it comes to most people. Ryzo respected her in the sense that she gave everyone a chance before she is proven wrong, but most cases turn out to be bad. And Ryzo is usually trying to find a way to get back to Miri or get her back to him.

Once Gavin had returned, Ryzo would bow, gently placing a paw tucked under him as a much, much lighter version of Gavin climbed up on top of him. It was as if he was carrying a dense pillow. Not too heavy. About as heavy as Mirshann, really. Maybe lighter, actually. She needed to lay off of the sweets. It was going straight to her a---.

Shaking his head, he would clear his thoughts and start out at a light jog before Gavin felt more comfortable with the way Ryzo handled turns. He picked up the pace, moving more fervently now. He turned three miles of running into a piece of cake, panting once the two of them finally got to the outer edge of the patchwork house.

His tongue would hang from between his fangs, a few soft whines passing his maw as he picked up Mirshann's smell.

"She's inside. I can smell three others. Not including him." he would narrow his eyes, his fur standing up on his back as a growl rumbled in his chest.

"I could cause a diversion." he looked to Gavin, bright yellow eyes piercing, even in the darkness cast by the large trees above them.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by inquisitor May 21st 2019, 2:17 pm

Gavin grunted softly as he gripped the steel haft of the hammer in his hand. He tilted his head, and then turned to look at the wolf.

"No. I figure if I go in hard, and surprise him, he'll freak out and focus on me. Be ready to come in after, though," he replied, as he allowed the steel to rush across his body. He grinned at the wolf for a moment, and reached out to chuck the animal on the chin. "Try not to bite me when you do come in. You'll break your teeth," he continued, before moving forwards to the door. He lifted the the hammer to chest height, lifted his leg up, and kicked the door as hard as he could. The door crashed inwards, and Gavin followed it in.

His entrance was met with the flash of light and muffled explosion he expected, as the man inside lifted a shotgun and pulled the trigger. The blacksmith moved forwards, ignoring the bullets as they crashed against him. A second shot followed, and the kidnapper dropped the shotgun to the ground. He pulled a pistol from his waistline, and pulled the trigger on it several times. Gavin swung the hammer forward at the second shot from the pistol, and smacked it into the gun. The fat man dropped the gun, crying out as he did. He turned, to move further back into the house, and Gavin followed him.

"Don't make this harder on yourself," he stated, as he lowered the hammer. "You've kidnapped four women, and you're going to let them go. Or things are going to turn ugly for you," he continued.

The fat man turned and pulled a pile of boxes down in his way, which caused Gavin to snort softly. The blacksmith kicked the boxes out of his way, and reached forwards with his free hand. He grabbed the man, and pulled him forward, at the same time, jerking his head down, to meet the kidnappers. There was a thunk, and then the man went limp. Gavin lowered him to the ground, pulled his arms around in front of him, and, pulling a length of steel bar from his belt, he bent it around the mans wrists, as a make-shift handcuff.

That done, Gavin stood, and turned his head to the door. "Alright, Ryzo. He's down. Come on in," he called.
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 21st 2019, 6:21 pm

Mirshann was laying with frustration putting a wrinkle in her brows. She had spent the last hour trying to get out of her binds, but it seemed futile. She struggled and grunted and would make sure to only do it when the big man was out of the room. The other girls would just cry, whimpering and begging to be let go. The binds were not budging, ropes cutting into her wrists as she struggled to move.

She heard the thump thump thump of the big man clunking around the house. He would shout for them to shut up and they would respond with cries of terror. Mirshann held a stoic face, her brows still furrowed. Her pointed ears would tune into other sounds, attempting to listen in passed the sounds of the girls crying and the man yelling at them periodically.

He finally settled himself in the living room, the four girls around of him now. They were just laying on the cold, laminate floor. He had a beer in his hand and a shotgun at his side, a gun on his hip. As he settled in, he heard a few thuds come up the short porch stairs to cross over to the front door. Dropping his can at the sudden door being kicked in, the next few encounters became a blur.

Miri could hear the grunts and groans and clink of metal as the fight broke out. She finally heard the sound of the big man falling to his knees then to the floor as he collapsed. She then heard something familiar. Ryzo. The name. Who was this man and why was he calling for her dog?

The next sound was the pad of paws as Ryzo came into the building.

Mirshann, I have found someone that can help. He has incapacitated the bad man. Do not move," Ryzo would come up behind of Mirshann and easily snap the ropes binding her. He would then move over to the girls and start getting their binds off as well, being very careful with each girl. They would rip the blind folds off, looking at their saviors.

Miri would stand and dust herself off, a pain shooting through her ankle. She must have busted it when she was thrown in the truck by the man. She fell right back down to the floor and looked at the other girls.

"It is okay. We are safe. We will get you back to your homes. I swear on the Old Ones." she said, her bright blue eyes reflecting determination that dripped from her words. She would then pet Ryzo as he came back to her and leaned his head against hers. He was so happy that she was alive and well.

"Gavin. Thank you for the help. I am in your debt." the wolf would say, looking around the room as he stood guard by his princess.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by inquisitor May 23rd 2019, 2:18 pm

Gavin lowered himself to the ground in a squat next to one of the now-freed captives, and offered her a hand. When she took it, he helped her to her feet, and led her outside. Once there, he motioned to the stairs on the porch.

"Wait here. I'm going to bring the others out, and then I'll take you to a safe place, where we can call the police and get you all back to your homes," he stated, before heading back inside to lead the others out. Each time, he led them to the porch stairs, and asked them to wait. The three ladies nodded in agreement each time, and Gavin moved back inside. The last time was to collect Mirishann and the fat man, so they could be moved to his home as well, to await the police

He knelt next to Mirishann and offered his hand. "You hurt your leg? Allow me to assist you, Princess?" he offered, smiling gently. The steel face, and smile that it wore shimmered gently in the light of the moon shining through the doorway. The blacksmith gently wrapped an arm under hers, and lifted her to her feet.

"My name is Gavin Clough," he stated, as he helped her out the door. "I live nearby, and I guess I was the first person Ryzo found on his search for help," he continued, turning his head to grin down at the Elf. "Lucky for you all, eh? Not so much for him," he finished, turning his head a bit more to glare at the unconcious man lying in the middle of the room.

Shaking his head, he helped Mirishann outside, and lowered her to the porch floor gently. "Give me a moment. I'm going to collect your previous host, and bring him with us. Don't want him waking up and trying to escape before the police get here, right?"

Turning away, he moved back towards the front door, hand tightening slightly on his hammer. A frown filled his face, replacing the one calm and friendly visage with what could only be described as rage.
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 25th 2019, 3:39 pm

She would sit quietly, thinking on the location that her bow could be in this shack. It made sense it would be in the bedroom, but she was unable to move, and she couldn't let someone else just go get it. Ryzo would have to do the searching.

She leaned her forehead into her canine companions and willed her thoughts to flood into his mind.

"Find Thir'ku Mal'rak. I need it. I cannot fix this hurt ankle without the magic within the bow. Please." she offered a soft smile, looking from her wolf to Gavin as he finally approached her and introduced himself. Ryzo would lower his head, his ears folding back for a moment before perking back up. He then trotted off to check the other corners of this small shack for Mirshann's weapon.

The girls were all outside now, huddled together. They didn't know each other, but their bond had grown from being in this place together. They sat quietly, each girl unique in their own way. A brunette, a redhead, and a girl with jet black hair. Hazel eyes, green eyes, and pale blue eyes respectfully. They all leaned on each other, sighs of relief escaping them as they shook from the chilly night brushing against their skin. They wore party wear; short dresses that barely covered them. They had all three been out together and had been grabbed together; Mirshann was the fourth victim that had been lured by their cries for help and was ambushed without warning.

Resting her ankle, Mirshann would sit in silence, contemplating what she should do about this man. He had sinned, and he had done unspeakable things, she was sure of that. He was a drunk, a glutton, and a completely horrible person. She wondered sometimes what drove people to do the things they do, and then she remembered how she had killed three innocent men in uniform because they had threatened her life, or so she thought. She had been in the wrong, but there was nothing she could do but try and prevent more bad things from happening, especially if it meant she could help out women like her.

Gavin approached her, and she could smell something odd about him. She finally got a good look at him and his flesh was metallic. She blinked a few times before introducing herself.

"Mirshann Rosin. I am called Miri by those that find my long name confusing. At least, that is what my friends say." she would nod slowly and then offer a smile.

"He deserves much worse, but I will not waste my time on him. Thank you." she said, her hand taking his as he helped her get outside. The longer she had her hand in his, the warmer it got. She suddenly felt like her skin was burning and she let out a shriek of pain, ripping away from him, she stumbled forward and grabbed onto the railing on the porch. It wasn't the sturdiest, but it held her up easily.

She looked to her hand. It was burning red and hot, her skin blistering slightly. She looked to him and realized that the metal had to be iron based, and though it took a while to burn her, it was definitely pure in some places.

She felt tears well up as she fought back the pain. Ryzo needed to bring her the bow.

"I need my bow, Ryzo..." she growled through grit teeth as she also scolded the canine with her thoughts. He came out with his ears folded back and his tail between his legs.

He had no bow in his maw. It was missing.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by inquisitor May 28th 2019, 6:19 pm

Gavin whirled back to Miri, his hammer coming up as she cried out.

"What is it?" he asked, his eyes glancing every which way as he did. Finally, they focused on Miri, and he reached out his free hand to help her stand again. When he saw the handprint on her arm, he stopped, and pulled his hand back, letting his eyes focus on the mark. He loosened his grip on his hammer, and set it in the doorway. As he did, the steel worked its way off his body, turning back to flesh and blood.

"What happened? Where'd that handprint come from?" he asked, concern showing on his face. "Did you burn yourself?"

He leaned close, to take a look, and saw the size of the hand print.

"Ah....Is that my hand?" he asked, his face turning pale. "How on Earth did that happen?"

He blinked, as he heard Miri ask for her bow, her teeth gritted. He titled his head, and then turned it to look at Ryzo. The wolf was empty-pawed, so to speak, with no bow in site. The blacksmith turned back to Miri, and knelt infront of her. "Your bow? It's special, somehow?"
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 3rd 2019, 3:28 pm

Mirshann would feign from Gavin as he attempted to reach for her again, the thought of having another burn mark on her making her skin crawl. She had only encountered this a few times, and it hurt even more now that she knew she would suffer like this until she got her hand on her bow.

Ryzo would come back, his ears folded back and his head hanging low.

"I have failed you, Princess. Please. Let me find the scent and we will go after it." he said, perking back up with determination in his eyes. His voice would flood Gavin's mind as well, seeing as they had linked and he did not want to leave this man in the dark as well.

Miri would sigh and place her not blistered hand on Ryzo's neck and hold onto his fur. Taking in a deep breath, she would look to the three women and then back to Gavin.

"The bow is how I use my magic. Without it, I am defenseless and useless. Cold iron burns hot on my skin. Whatever metal you were before must have been pure in some form or another. It is impressive, but please refrain from using it around of me." she would state, her words short and commanding. Her bright blue eyes would pierce into his own, the moon beams sneaking through trees to illuminate her as she spoke. A few stray clouds would roll over as she finished speaking and cast her in shadow once again.

"We need to get these women to safety before we leave. I believe guards would be better to come get them, do you agree?" she asked, looking to Gavin once again as a breeze rolled by, bringing life to the still, quiet forest they were in.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by inquisitor July 4th 2019, 12:25 am

Gavin pulled his hand back from her, and tilted his head, as he turned to look at Ryzo. He gave himself a shake at the words that seeped into his head, and then focused on the Princess again.

"Right. Elf Princess with a talking wolf and magic bow. Right," he muttered to himself, as he blinked, forcing himself to remember that this was the world he lived in now. He took a steadying breath, and tilted his head back for a moment, before lowering it, to stare at Miri again. "That was steel. And, thank you. I always try to maintain the purity of the metals I work with. And, of course. No more turning into steel around you," he replied, before offering her a hand, flesh and blood. "The police will be along to my place, after I call them. Let's get you and the ladies, and this pile of human-garbage there, where we can wait for them. Then, I'll bring them back here. They'll have a better chance of finding your bow."

Gavin lowered his hammer to the ground, and then offered both hands to Miri, to help her to her feet. "Let's get you all moving. I'll carry him, and we can get a move on. Shouldn't take but a couple hours to get to my place."
inquisitor
inquisitor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top