The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Isis I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Isis I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Isis I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Isis I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Isis I_vote_lcapIsis I_voting_barIsis I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Isis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Isis Empty Isis

Post by Isis March 9th 2011, 6:55 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Isis
Title: Goddess of Knowledge
Alignment:Heros
Race:Human
Hair:Red
Eyes:Green
Height: five foot four inches
Weight:115 lbs

Personality: Isis tends to be the more vocal type. She isn't one to back down, and does not stand for insolence. She is quick to anger, but slow to cool down. She likes to get her way a lot, but tends to give in more. She is ruled by her emotions, and they tend to get her in trouble. She can changer her mood to fit the situation when she chooses. She is good at perceiving and discerning others intentions and body-lanuage. She is intelligent and sarcastic. She rarely backs down. She likes to help others, and tries to do her best, but often feels as if she isn't appreciated.

History: Kate was born into an average family and grew up in a normal setting in a normal suburb. There was no indication of her ever having psychic abilities until she hit the age of thirteen. Being a young girl in her teens, it wasn't easy fitting in when you accidently sent things flying across the classroom all the time. She was bullied all her middleschool years, unable to control her powers. As she got older, she started reigning in her powers, learning to control them little by little. She was top in her classes, another reason for her to be picked on.

As she entered the tenth grade, she was able to control her powers with ease. She continued being the top in her class, it seemed as if she didn't even have to try. As less abnormal things happened around her, people started to forget about her, and this suited Kate perfectly. She was off the radar for the time being and she was able to go through the school day without hardly any problems.

Finally, senior year had come to and end, and she was graduating. She was valedictiorian of course. Soon she was on the fast track to college, something she had always looked forward to. She had begun to study law, a dream of her mothers. After a while, she soon grew bored. She was tired of hiding her powers, and studying for things that were not challenging ended up tedious and uninteresting. She dropped out of college at the age of twenty one.

She did not know what she could use her powers for, but she knew there was something she could accomplish with them. She spent countless hours trying to come up with something she could use them for. Upon walking home from the library one night, she heard the scream of a woman. Kate dropped what she had been carrying and rushed to find out what was happening. What she saw infuriated her. A man had the woman trapped in the corner, his intent obviously not good. Without hesitation, she used her powers to take out the guy, and the panicked woman fled.

That night, Kate went home with an idea. She would use her powers for the betterment of society. She would help those in need of assistance. A hero so to speak.

Powers: Telepathy: Can communicate with others via mindspeak

Telekinisis: Moving matter as in: move, lift, agitate, vibrate, spin, bend, break, or impact

Healing: Being able to heal her own injuries, she is able to heal most injuries though the more fatal the harder it is for her. If it extremly deep or her vital organs, she won't be able to fully heal. The more severe or deep the wound the harder it is to heal, or unlikely it will heal. She has to be able to concentrate on the wound in order to heal it. Again the more fatal the would, the harder for her to concentrate on healing it. She cannot heal severed limbs.

Energy field: Can create a field of protective energy around herself or anything else she desires. She can make it a wall of pure energy for an enemy to slam into, or create a bubble around those she wishes to protect. They can exit the bubble of energy but cannot enter back into it without a new bubble being made. If enough outward pressure is applied to it, it will falter, or if Isis is unable to concentrate on it.

Power Grid: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roleplay Sample: The night was quiet and still. The sound of Isis's footsteps were the only thing to be heard as she walked down the dark streets. She kept to herself as much as she could when not in costume, as just plain Kate. When she had it on though, she felt invincible. She could do anything. With a sigh, she leaned against a railing the showed her a view of the dark ocean, a bright full moon filling the sky. The light touched the rolling waters of the ocean, dancing upon the waves as they crashed into the shore. Isis looked around her briefly with an air of lonliness about her before turning back the way she had come. Was she really mean to help people? Or was it her just wanting to somehow fit in, find a place for herself. She knew no matter what, she would never fit in. With another sigh, Isis let her gaze rest upon the moon again. It filled her with strength and resolve. She would help them, even if she couldn't be seen how she wanted to be seen. She would do this for her. Not anyone else.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Isis on March 9th 2011, 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Isis
Isis

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-01-20

Back to top Go down

Isis Empty Re: Isis

Post by Paine March 9th 2011, 7:03 pm

To what extent can your "healing" powers actually heal? And how "tough" or "weak" can the object be that you're breaking with Telekinesis, eh? Elaborate on your powers.

This application is NOT finished; and your RP sample is actually completely fine. If I were you, I'd stick to making the history of your character, as well as the powers, better understandable. From what you have posted right now? It looks a little over powered.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Paine
Paine
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight March 9th 2011, 7:11 pm

She doesn't need to elaborate on the strength of her powers, that is determined by her grid. However she does need to elaborate on the healing ability. I will post again once I've read this thing over.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by Paine March 9th 2011, 7:36 pm

What about the feet on the force field? How big can it be? Would enemies be able to be placed in it?

Ah! Idea.

Say you trap an enemy in the forcefield, keeping them inside? ha. :3 That would be funny.

Paine
Paine
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight March 9th 2011, 7:37 pm

Can you describe your energy field a little more? Is it a bubble of energy around you? Is it a wall? What is it?

With telekinesis you can lift, push, and pull. You can obviously use variations of the three, but that's basically all you have to write.

Like I said about the healing power, you'll have to describe it better. Is it passive or not? If it isn't passive, do you simply concentrate on your injuries to heal them? Or are you required to make physical contact with them? Can you reattach limbs?

With 6 INT, you can use powerful gadgets/items. If you want some of these, make an item application or put them into your character application. Are you sure you want 6 INT anyway?

Also, you were born with your powers correct?

Other than that, this application is acceptable.

"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis March 9th 2011, 7:53 pm

Okay fixed the powers..I hope.

She grew into her powers, yes. They didn't appear until she had gotten older.

I will leave intelligence where it is and think up items later.

Thank you so much for your help guys, I really appreciate it,

Theme song for Isis:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4
Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight March 9th 2011, 8:08 pm

No problem, it's our job.

Everything seems good to me, this application is acceptable.

Just have to make you a grid, what color would you like the bars on your powergrid to be?

The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Isis March 9th 2011, 8:11 pm

Purple will work..thank you so much!

Theme song for Isis:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEgXDhiayz4
Isis
Isis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 9th 2011, 8:20 pm

Added the grid to your application.

Approved and moved.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury March 9th 2011, 8:22 pm

Does her psychic manipulation of objects extend to People? If so I feel that can be quite Controlling of other people's characters. And one of the hardest points for me to accept. You can't really fight that kind of an attack. You're just suddenly lifted with a mental thought.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Number of posts : 598
Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down