The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_vote_lcapKarma, revisited and re-edited I_voting_barKarma, revisited and re-edited I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Karma, revisited and re-edited I_vote_lcapKarma, revisited and re-edited I_voting_barKarma, revisited and re-edited I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Karma, revisited and re-edited

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Karma, revisited and re-edited Empty Karma, revisited and re-edited

Post by The_soapmaker February 3rd 2011, 6:27 pm

Super Name: Zed Karma
Title: The man who survived Death...twice
Alignment: His intentions are Good, his actions not always
Race: Something really really unnatural
Hair: It used to be Black, but now Grey is starting to take over, due to heavy smoking.
Eyes: Black, but turn completely glowing red from time to time
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 222.2 lbs

Character description/ Image:
He wears mostly black; long black leather coat, black velvet hat, black alligator-leather boots, black cotton pants, black shirt with tin buttons that look like skulls.

Personality: Zed Karma is a very grumpy, paranoid man. He always thinks people are out for the worse. Nevertheless, he tries to save as many people as he can, for he hopes it will bring him salvation in the end. He can be nice, but most of the time he's just a man of little words with a clear and straightforward message. His words are like hammers. He smokes and drinks heavily and seems stressed all the time. At times he can act (near-)psychotic; he occassionnaly suffers from hallucinations and flashbacks (later more on that), which makes him (look) like a raving lunatic. He also often 'blacks out' and loses control over his actions and instincts, usually regaining control after committing truly horrific crimes. He tries to combat this with various methods, most notably using sedatives and other drugs. But overall he can be a very nice and trustworthy friend. More trustworthy than nice, though.

History: Karel Molenaar was born as the illigimate child of Joop Den Uyl (the Dutch Prime Minister of that time) and a very uncareful hooker called Valerie Molenaar, who made a lot of money by blackmailing Karel’s father. He grew up in Amsterdam, where his mother still resided in the famous Red Light District, although she had given up her old profession and now worked as a financial adviser for all sorts of people, mostly pimps and hookers. Karel’s youth was hell to him. He got bullied at school for being a hooker’s son (‘een hoerenjong’, which is well known profanity in the Dutch language) and his grades sucked, so he dropped out of school. This gave his mother reason to regulary beat the shit out of him. His 'substatute' father (his mothers former pimp) was no good either, but at least a bit better. He introduced young Karel to the local Hells Angel chapter, igniting his interest in motorcycles. At the mere age of 12, he started taking drugs. It began with alcohol, which changed to weed and amphetamines, which became xtc and lsd. At the age of 16, he went into rehab, which took him 2 years. On the age of 20, he enrolled into the army, by using a fake ID. He was set on a plane to Israel, as a member of the UN-peacekeeping force. After four and a half years, he was sent to a real warzone, where he killed his first human. This touched him deeply. He went through a mental depression which lasted at least one full year, which is still not really over.
When he finally got to his senses again, he got out of the army (well, they discharged him during the depression) and was unemployed for a number of years. At the age of 29, a merchenary compagny contacted him and contracted him one year later. He fought in multiple wars; both for Western nations as for other, oriental, nations.
In 1987, when they were waging war in Bosnia, they stumbled upon a little old cabin in the forest, where a little old lady lived. They tried to murder the old lady and plunder her house, but the little old lady turned out to be a witch, and "Zed Karma", as he was called by his colleges, got killed by the lightning she fired from her broom (who said you needed a magic wand? A broom can do the trick too!). The rest of them were murdered in a similar way.

Now the story is not over yet, since the Witch put a spell upon the dead body of Zed Karma, ressurrecting him, to serve her as her personal undead slave.
Biologically speaking, the highly unlikely phenomenom occured that by some unknown force Karma's body was biologically enhanced, causing a excellerated healing factor and a muscle strength that reached the hardness of hardened steel.
The Witch, however, had only 3 years left to live (which she already knew ofcourse, witches tend to have that knowledge). Upon her death, she ordered her slave to skin her,(after death, ofcourse), and make a necklace of her fingerbones, which he ought to wear at any time, since it would grant his freedom. Anybody who would possess the necklace, could control Zed Karma.
He roamed the earth for 6 years, doing all sorts of work in the former Soviet Union. Then, a man came to him, and offered him a job as some sort of 'agent'. Karma accepted the job, since no credentials were needed. Unknowingly, he enrolled himself in a international organisation that fought supernatural and extraterrestrial threats.
During the battle with the devil, his soul was dragged to Hell by unseen forces. That's part of the reason he didn't participate in the fight. While demons came to torment him and drag his soul into hell, his physical body crashed with his motorcycle into a hippie van on a mountain road, killing the hippies in a fiery blast while launching his already dead body into a ravine. The body later showed up in a local morgue, labelled as 'John Doe'.
Meanwhile, his soul was waging a personal war in Hell, struggling to mentally survive the torments and suffering. In his mind, it took an eternity before he saw the slightest chance of escape, which he took. Not long after his death, two young faux-satanic goth kids tried to summon a demon, which just happened to be the demon in charge of tormenting Karma. When the portal opened, Karma used all his power to push aside the large demon and leap through the portal. This revived him, in the home of the goth kids. His stored physical body spontanousily combusted, burning down the morgue. Due to his prolonged stay in hell, as well as his unintentional summoning, granted him new powers but also laying a curse on him, burning away a big part of his humanity.

Powers:
-Indestruco-skin; blades bounce off, bullets deflect like tennisballs that are thrown at matresses, lasers burn like matches burn rocks. However, his neurosystem is still intact, so he does feel the pinches and pokes of .50 BMG bullets. Though it's fire/acid resistant, it's not fire/acid proof. Electricity is NOT stopped by the skin.

-Undead healing: Karma's body is able to heal itself rather quickly, and is capable of healing the most complicated fractures in matter of minutes. A crushed skull, though the brain has to be still operative (coma does count as operative), should take about a week. A broken leg is ready to go in 5 minutes and fully healed in 15. This power also increases the resistance against poison and other chemical, radiological and biological attacks, though it does not make him invulnerable from it.

-Unnatural: Due to being beyond human, Karma is able to do beyond human things. He can effectively ignore gravity, enabling him to walk on walls and ceilings (and also remain stationary there) and leap large distances (up to 20 yards with ease).

-Enhanced senses: Karma is no longer human and so are his senses. He can hear and sense hearts pounding and blood flowing through veins a block away. He also has night vision and slight thermographic vision. His body now possesses enhanced electromagnetic sensitivity, enabling him to feel differences and fluxes in electric fields similar to how we feel differences in temperature. Next to that his reflexes are truly inhuman. This all combined makes him able to literally feel objects without touching them. For example, he can walk through an unfamiliar house blindfolded, find the fridge, make you a ham-mushroom-cheese omelet sandwich and bring it to you while you're trying to hide somewhere in the house without bumping into any objects. He could sense a fist flying at him from a 18 inch distance.

-Demon teeth: when Karma is hungry and lusts for souls and blood(more on that later), his teeth slowly transform into piranha-like teeth. Next to that his eyes will glow more and more red as the hunger progresses.

Weaknesses:
-Crosses&Pentacles: Christian crosses, especially when blessed by a priest or whatever, burn right through Karma's skin and flesh as if it would be scorching hot metal (even if the thing is made out of wood). Karma's skin will regenerate later on, though, but push hard enough to his heart and he be dead (again), man. Same counts for Pentagrams and pentacles.

-Bloodlust: Karma has a near constant hunger for blood/souls and that doesn't really work well for his reputation of heroism. Though he prefers to prey on evil souls, such as those of murderers and thiefs, biting the throats off your victims doesn't make you more popular among the people. The hungrier he gets, the more he loses his selfcontrol, the more he becomes a mindless predator. Which isn't funny at all, when you're trying to be a hero.

-Eerie atmosphere: Being unnatural also makes the natural world around you act differently. When Karma enters a room, people tend to get chills over their spine (and not in a good way) and the temperature drops. Dogs tend to bark loudly at him and cower/run away when he looks them in the eye. Birds tend to fly away directly. When he stands too long on or around grass, it dies (after an hour or two). Bad weather seems to follow him around, but that could also just be a coincidence. Creatures familiar with the dark side, such as cats and demons and lawyers, tend to pick up and recognize this eerie feeling.

-Hallucinations: Karma frequently has flashbacks or vivid hallucinations of Hell. Every post I will roll a D6. When Karma is just chilling, or not under a lot of stress, he will trip balls on a 6. If he's fighting or under fire, it will be 5's and 6's. When he's tripping out of his mind, it won't be pretty flowers and giant ants having a jamsession. It will be flashy screaming faces and demonic images and pain and agony and suffering. Very vivid, very gorey, quite terrifying. It will disable him to fight any way. He'll probably start screaming and/or looking around in paranoid fear.

PowerGrid:
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Durability: 5
Energy Projection: 4 + 1 = 5
---Divided up between:
---------Regeneration: 3
---------Enhanced Senses: 1
---------Walking on the ceiling 'n' shit: 1
Fighting Skills: 4

Roleplay Sample: I want to do this in a new topic, in which Karma just got resurrected by the goth kids, storms out of the house and instinctively mauls a police officer.

Last edited by The_soapmaker on June 14th 2011, 7:01 am; edited 5 times in total
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Karma, revisited and re-edited Empty Re: Karma, revisited and re-edited

Post by Pain February 5th 2011, 10:08 pm

I want to read over this more when I've got time, but I've got a headache at the moment. I scanned over your powers and they seemed fine; funny descriptions. Why did you do the 4+1 thing with on your powergrid though?
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker February 6th 2011, 8:09 am

The +1 thing is because someone (an admin, but I don't remember who) told me that I gained a couple of extra points for the last chapter. Or something like that. It was all really vague. Kinda like: "Hey, Soap, you been here last chapter, so here are some extra points. One for your main char (Karma) and one for another. Like that new char you made." He called it PG points, something like that. 'Twas pretty strange to me, but, hey, I don't mind.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain February 8th 2011, 2:33 pm

Ah. So you've got 21 points? That's cool man. Your application is great as usual, no problems here.

Just one question, how exactly do you fly? I ask because I am trying to implement a new system for special fliers.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker February 8th 2011, 3:14 pm

It's 23 point, my bro. And he can't fly.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain February 8th 2011, 8:45 pm

Lol. My bad. Approved.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Vincent April 25th 2011, 3:22 am

Trashing. If Soap ever comes back I'll be happy to take this out of the trash for him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Victor Vincent
Victor Vincent

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker June 13th 2011, 3:11 pm

Well, that would be lovely if you did, my dear V2.

Nevermind, I did it meself.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain June 21st 2011, 12:06 pm

Cool shit bro. Moving to the approved.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!