The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_vote_lcapHyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_voting_barHyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_vote_lcapHyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_voting_barHyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. Empty Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2.

Post by Guest February 1st 2011, 4:05 am

Quest Name: Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2.
Description/Goal/Conflict: Increase Freerunners overall stats in fighting skill, intelligence, endurance, durability, strength and speed. Instead of posting reply after reply, it would be better if I could do it in chapters as I have already made a start on this. It will shorten the amount of posts but the posts will be longer. Hopefully I am allowed to do this as I have definately put in the effort offline. I will also introduce two new NPC's but I don't want to give away too much just yet. The villian will be so hard to beat that Freerunner will struggle to fight him. Not even Pain will be able to beat him alone. Eventually this will be leading onto another story which I will post up after the quest which anyone can join.
Difficulty: Legendary.
Rewards: as much XP as I can rank up for each stat quoted next. Hopefully giving me an increased intelligence to three, strength to five, speed to five, durability to five, endurance to five and fighting skill to seven (I think I should have started out at 7 but I opted for better energy projection).

I'm looking forward to doing this.

Last edited by FreeRunner on May 16th 2011, 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. Empty Re: Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2.

Post by Guest February 1st 2011, 9:47 am

Chapter One: Discovery.

Freerunner landed unusually hard on his apartment rooftop but it was still tactical yet graceful none the less. The night had been full of attacks and he had actually been hit with automatic gunfire tonight after ambushing a mobster’s nightclub. Sixty men armed with AK47 and M16 assault rifles had opened fire on him. Tonight his determination to apprehend the mobster’s got the better of his judgement and he didn’t think straight before his assault. Still, all the men were beaten unconscious and the police alerted. Freerunner watched from a distance as the police with their S.W.A.T teams moved in, he then vanished into the night. He had planned to blow up the mobster’s base of operations but that would have left no evidence for the police. More to the point, he didn’t want to go and move sixty bodies out of the premises as it would have been a waste of valuable time.

He did his usual routine, tweaking his senses and moving around tactically before descending below. Slipping inside his window, something was wrong. A heartbeat and someone breathing. He crept low, his perfect night vision scanning his bedroom. The intruder was in his living room but how did he get in? It didn’t matter, what was of most concern to Freerunner now was to neutralize the threat as quick as possible. The lights inside his apartment switched on, Freerunner’s vision immediately adjusted within the blink of an eye. He moved fast and moved forward, he pulled the door open and rushed into the room, taking the man by the neck and lifting him up high out of his seat which he had made himself comfortable in. “Who are you? What are you doing in this mans apartment?” said Freerunner, his voice blunt but very firm. The man he had lifted with ease into the air was by Freerunner’s judgement, six feet tall and around one hundred and eighty pounds. He was dressed in a custom made suit and showed no fear when Freerunner began to rough him up.

Freerunner released his grip on the man who then fell to the floor, within an instant he had taken control of him once more and gotten into a full mount killing position on the mans chest, both of his lower legs pressed down on the mans arms either side of him, his left hand held a fighting knife which only slightly pressed up against the man’s jugular artery inside his neck, the blade was still sharp enough to pierce the skin and cause a light blood flow. The intruder was completely under his control and at his mercy.

“I know who you are Jordan….” The mere sound of his own name momentarily stunned Freerunner and plunged him into rapid thinking. “How can he know who I am? I’ve been compromised? I need to knock him out and move out of here as quickly as possible…. No, I must find out more. This could just happen again so I need to find out what he knows.” This man was well under his control, physically anyway. “I asked you who you are. Now tell me before I start to break pieces of you off” demanded Freerunner.

“Hyper Warrior, I know about you, I helped create you…” said the stranger who was beginning to choke. Freerunner snarled instantly and became enraged. “Alright, how many are waiting for me? You’re going to tell me who’s waiting for me, how many there are and what equipment they have. If you don’t tell me or try to mug me off with false information, I’ll smile when I kill you. Understand?!”

The man looked as if he was taking a few seconds to make up his mind, in these few seconds Freerunner could hear him trying to catch his breath before he spoke. “Jordan, I know you’re the Hyper warrior from the ‘Hyper Program’. I was its chief financial and developing engineer. Inside his mask Jordan’s eyes momentarily blurred as flashbacks suddenly hit him. He remembered the mans face and how he had seen him several times during the program, he remembered then how he had seen that mans face before and even then he couldn’t put the mans face to a correct name. Concentrating again, he blinked twice to clear his vision and then he demanded to know the strangers name.

“Andrew…Andrew Christian. Founder of the Christian Corporation and there are no others waiting for you…just me. I know what your abilities are and what training you’ve had so do you think I would have been stupid enough to try and set-up an ambush???”

Freerunner kept the blade against Andrew’s neck. “Why are you here? What do you want with me?” Andrew moved his eyes so they were looking directly at Freerunner now. “I came to help you. It’s taken me years to track you down. Take my word for it, I am the only one who knows of your whereabouts. Finally though, I found you. You’re an exceedingly hard man to find or even to track for that matter. I came to help you and because I need help…”

Freerunner slowly released his grip and moved back off of the man, still maintaining a defensive stance. Andrew sat up and looked directly at Freerunner. “Can I get up please?”. Freerunner pointed at the seat he had been sitting in before and Andrew moved off of the floor and sat once again in the chair. As he did this Freerunner sheathed his knife and removed his helmet mask, holding it under his left arm as he did so. “No point in this if you know who I am” remarked Freerunner. Andrew’s facial expression lit back up and he nodded with satisfaction as he replied, “yeah it’s definitely you alright and you haven’t aged a bit”. Jordan remained expressionless. “Andrew, tell me what’s led to this, from the top.”

Andrew took out a cloth from his left jacket pocket and applied it to the broken skin on his neck. He then cleared his throat and began to tell Jordan what had happened. “My company is the chief supplier to the defence of NATO, most prominently Great Britain and the United States of America. Behind them are France and Germany and so on. We are also leading innovators in the fields of aerospace technology, bio-chemistry, arms manufacturing, astrophysics, microbiology, construction and networking engineering. My company has invested a great amount of money into NATO into charities and in the developing world. I was approached four years ago by a joint task force of commanding generals from all three branches of armed forces from the U.S.A and the U.K. They wanted me to help them advance a compound they had been working on that would give their special forces abilities that were far beyond what any man could achieve both physically and mentally. The plan was to make them stronger, faster, smarter, more durable and think faster than any other person on the planet. If successful the compound would then be introduced to elite strike units such as the British Royal Marines Commandos and the United States Marine Corps and so on. Eventually each nation could have an entire military of hyper soldiers which would radically alter the balance of power in the world. That’s where you came in.”

Jordan hadn’t moved a muscle and did nothing but take in everything Andrew was saying.

“You’re old unit, ‘Deep Dagger’ were supposed to have been the first successful candidates for the Hyper Formula. Unfortunately you had a disastrous mission. Your unit killed many enemies but you took a lot of casualties. When you came back you wanted nothing more to do with the military and you left. At the time we were still running into a few problems with the formula and so it was withdrawn because more development was needed. It’s a good thing you left when you did because there were those that wanted to test it on you anyway. We tried to track you down but our attempts at locating you were sporadic at best, you hardly left a trail and then you just disappeared. Finally you came back on the grid. The second you came back to England a man named General David Briggs was notified and that’s when you got your visit. By that time we had perfected the formula and the stage was set.
After you had recovered and we had done some thorough tests it was concluded that you had exceeded all expectations and more…..”

Jordan’s lips parted only slightly “what do you mean ‘more’?”

“Since your discovery in New York we’ve watched you accelerate to speeds in excess of one hundred and eighty miles per hour, we’ve seen you flip over trucks and Lorries in the street like they were just toys and we know you can dodge gunfire. And all of that is only a fraction of your potential… Every human on the planet has the ability to improve its reflexes, speed, intellect and strength but it is limited by an individual’s genetics. We removed that bar with you. To put it simply, you have no limit. The only reason you haven’t surpassed your current abilities, amazing as they are, is because you don’t have the right environment to train your body and mind in. I have the facilities for you to improve in. They were originally designed for your team. After you left the armed forces and then stole the hyper suits which my company made for you, Washington and Whitehall ordered me to have my facilities decommissioned so that nothing more could come of the incident. I decommissioned all of them but one.”

“Why?” said Jordan who still hadn’t moved a muscle.

“Do you know how expensive it is to build the facilities let alone decommission them? Why do you think my corporation was approached to help fund the Hyper Program? Because it was so damn expensive that even off the books, each government couldn’t cover it up without something leaking out. Hundreds of Billions of Dollars and Pounds are hard to make invisible Jordan. Vast amounts of money went into making this idea a reality. This is why they needed me to help fund research and development. I was the only one outside of the government and armed services that was involved. I still have one facility for you to come and train in. We need you back.”

“What’s the catch Andrew? There’s always a catch….” replied Jordan rather bluntly.

“I need you to understand and to believe me when I say this….. General Briggs and I were staunchly against the program that followed up. They tried to start it off again and I backed out. Without my knowledge they had made back-up copies of most of the research and development that went into the Hyper Formula. The United States of America decided to fund their own program as they had more money to throw into the project than the British did. By this time however a spy had managed to infiltrate via the C.I.A. The candidate they tested it on was a well trained C.I.A operative who had been undercover for years inside the radical militant group ‘Crimson Swords of Jihad’. His name is Hossein Lynch. Some including myself believe that the C.I.A had neglected his requests when it came to extracting key personnel who were going to give the west information about the next terrorist strike and due to the neglect he received from the intelligence agencies here in the west, he has either been converted to their cause or is at a cross-roads with his conscience. Either way the C.I.A weren’t able to prove this and they dismissed the case that one of their most highly trained operatives could be turned. Especially as he had been born and raised in America.”

“So, they gave him the formula and something went very wrong. The mole that had gotten into the C.I.A and into the next Hyper Program was discovered and during the augmentation process a fire fight erupted which damaged the calibration sensors that controlled how much formula was saturated into the body over time and so they overloaded. The mole was killed but it was too late to repair any damage. It shot the full formula into Hossein which resulted in his body’s acceleration process to mutate. The way the formula changes and fine tunes the body’s brain functions has to be done over a certain period of time. His was done in seconds and it would have undoubtedly driven him insane. He immediately awoke and went berserk. He killed everyone in the facility, most of which were colleagues he had been working with most of his career. Like you, all of his abilities had increased far beyond what anyone could have imagined but at an accelerated pace and it deformed his body. The rate at which his body grew was too fast and he is very different to what he was. When General Brigg’s heard about what happened, almost an hour afterwards, he ordered that the facilities fail-safe protocols go into action. So the thermonuclear weapon built into the base was armed. One minute later the Arizona Desert had a second sun.”

“Bloody hell. Please tell me he was vaporized in that blast….” said Jordan. He had suddenly become totally fixed on what Andrew was saying.

Andrew took out a small data-pad about the size of a small laptop notebook and loaded it up. After submitting bio-metric scans that tested his hand print and pulse rate it unlocked itself. He quickly loaded up a file titled ‘unknown 1’. “These are the last pictures we have of him escaping the facility.” said Andrew as he gestured Jordan’s line of sight to the data-pad. Jordan adjusted his vision and looked at the pictures of a monstrous man rapidly moving away from the facility and across the desert.

“We estimate his height to be anywhere between eight to ten feet tall and his weight to be somewhere in the region of four hundred pounds. We have no idea where he went after this. At the rate he accelerated I think he’s faster than you, most probably even stronger than you are too, all because of a freak accident. It’s a one in six billion chance that he managed to survive what happened to him. That’s what I calculated the odds to be. I looked at his psychological and genetic profile afterwards. General Briggs obtained them and gave them over to me. He fits into none of the categories that we carefully refined before we even considered someone for the Hyper Program. Why the C.I.A wanted him to be their candidate is beyond me.”

“So that’s it then….that’s why you came to see me. You want me to come and stop him. I already know what you’re going to say next. That he’s allied himself with the group he infiltrated.” said Jordan, growing increasingly frustrated.

“That’s what we assume yes.” replied Andrew. “A large freighter ship transporting Asian cars to the Middle East ran aground two month’s ago. On the lowest deck a massive hole had been torn out of its hull. No one can explain how it happened. We had our agents on the ground within six hours of the ship running aground and we know it was him. In the last few weeks isolated NATO bases in the Middle East have been attacked and suffered heavy damage as a result. What people saw on the news was a very different story to what actually happened. We can’t keep covering it up, eventually it’s going to get out.”

“So I’m going back to do the job for which I signed on for. To finish off the terrorists again.” said Jordan sarcastically.

“It’s much more than that. You were given the Hyper Formula for a very different reason. To finish off the fight against international terrorism was the ‘official’ objective but the real one eluded you all.” remarked Andrew.

“And that is?” Jordan replied quizzically.

“That government’s across the world were becoming increasingly more aware of the activity of ‘supers’ or ‘specials’, people with remarkable abilities. Naturally they feared the worst and they were all, including you Jordan, classified as weapons of mass destruction. Some of the known abilities of some of these supers were so shocking that government’s across the world secretly started to take action to either keep control of them or form defences. That’s the real reason for the ‘Hyper Program’. And because you have no limits, after every battle you fought, your bodies and minds would adapt and become better. But it could only be given to those who were highly trained and had served with total distinction and loyalty. Hence the reason for the correct physiological and psychological profiles before a candidate could even be hand picked. That’s why you were given the formula, to help defend your nation and others against a possible attack from these people. Most of which are law abiding but as in every society, where there are law abiders, there are also villains. We can’t take the chance and hope that it won’t happen someday. Because it will”

Jordan thought for a moment. Breathing in slightly he had just found out a lot more than he ever knew.

“There’s a battle coming…maybe a war. I want to help you become faster, stronger and fight better. I can do that if you come with me. I can give you a much better fighting chance Jordan.” said Andrew as he packed away the data-pad.

“And if I don’t go with you? When then?” asked Jordan, trying to anticipate the next reaction from Andrew.

“Then we go our separate ways and this conversation never happened. You carry on and I carry on.” Andrew said this with total truth. He didn’t want to mislead Jordan after all he had been through. “If you come with me, then I’ll promise that you will receive a full pardon from both Governments’. You’ll be a free man again, able to do as you please. Provided they’re not acts of war against them. I’ll make sure you go free because they can’t afford to loose me as their chief contractor to NATO. If something happens to me, well I don’t have to tell you that it won’t even be your training that tells you the situation wasn’t planned.” Andrew smirked and oddly enough, so did Jordan.”

“It’s settled then, I’ll go with you. When do we leave?” said Jordan, satisfied that Andrew was telling him the truth. “Whenever you’re ready Jordan” replied Andrew as he stood up.

“Give me five minutes…” Jordan said as he turned and moved to his bedroom to pack.

Chapter 2: Testing.

Jordan arrived the next morning with Andrew via his private and very luxurious helicopter in North Virginia. The landing zone was at one of Andrew Christian’s very private mansions set out in the country. From the route in, Jordan could tell that the security measures taken to keep his mansion as secure as possible were of the highest standard. He employed former Special Forces from various branches from the U.K and the U.S to keep his security second to none. Some said that he was better protected than the President of the United States himself, others said it was all just for show but Jordan new the truth. He might have ended up working for Andrew himself, the money was excellent.

As they landed, Jordan immediately went first out of the helicopter, all of his training on how to properly dismount from a helicopter had never left him. The only thing he didn’t do was drop down and go prone to secure the LZ. He was in safe territory. The security was already waiting for them when they dismounted and they were both calmly escorted onto the steps of his twenty bedroom mansion and then inside. Andrew asked to be left alone and his security immediately dispatched. Jordan knew they were only a heartbeat away if he needed them or if they suspected trouble.

They both calmly walked into Andrew’s rather large private working room. From here he had the ability to run his entire company if he wanted to. It had everything built into the room that human technology could so far, possibly invent. All of it was from his Corporation which was a multi-billion dollar empire that spanned the globe. Andrew walked to his private desk with the swagger of a God, he stopped with his back to Jordan and picked up a small globe that had his companies emblem on it. “Some people say that what I have done in the world, is truly God’s work. Granted, not all of it would be God’s work, i.e. the weapons and defence manufacturing but the medicines I have created that are being shipped out to the developing nations that are of the highest quality. I forced my company to take the most charitable route it could. Investing heavily in community building projects, I have built towns and cities, brought food to the hungry, clean drinking water to the thirsty. I have clothed the naked and housed the homeless and yet all of it has still left me feeling like I can still do more. Do I do this so people will idolise me? No, of course not, that would be entirely selfish of me. I know what it is like to come from nothing and so I appreciate every day that I have all of this because tomorrow it could all be gone.”

Jordan once again, found himself at the mercy of Andrew’s words.

“I was raised in a religious family but I am not a religious man and so I don’t see myself doing God’s work. If that were the case then I would have found all of the solutions to the worlds problems by now.” Andrew turned to face Jordan and looked him directly in his eyes.

“You on the other hand, you are a religious man and you are God’s work. You stood up and were counted, one man can make a difference and all it takes is the courage to stand up for what you believe in. Yes you may go about it in a violent way but you are a warrior bread from a marine. You belong to the small group of people that stand up and say that no one will hurt you, not on my watch. And you will die standing by those words, setting an example for the rest of us to follow. That’s the kind of selflessness this world needs to go by. Everyone looks out for each other” Andrew walked down from his desk, placed the small globe in Jordan’s right hand and pointed his left index finger into Jordan’s chest.

“You are that person. I see the strength in your resolve and in your heart. I like to think that’s why you weren’t killed on your last operation for Deep Dagger. You weren’t meant to die. Everything that has happened has led us to this point and I see now that I am meant to do a greater good through you. When I created the Hyper Formula, I saw then that I had made something so powerful that in the wrong hands it could destroy civilization as we know it. But in your hands, in your body, with your mind...well, that’s something else entirely”.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist February 1st 2011, 12:06 pm

(I think I should have started out at 7 but I opted for better energy projection).

You couldn't have anyway, max starter stat is 6. Also, as a rule, we don't allow people to quest by themselves. It would break the system and would get rid of the player interaction aspect of it which we really want to keep
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropus February 1st 2011, 1:05 pm

A quest must be approved by an administrator before starting it. Also, when you start the actual quest it is required that you make a separate topic for it as well.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Entropus, The Virtual Man |
Hyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. SignatureentropusHyper's Augmentation: Phase 2. Entropusgrid
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 3rd 2011, 12:42 pm

Understood.
I'll ask if someone want's to come along and I'll now have to adapt my storyline.

Thanks for the information. As this has been moved to an approved thread I'll take that as my 'go'.
By the way Gregor and to all who read, this next enemy will certainly be something and as I have stated above about Pain not being able to handle him alone, you can bet he will be tough to fight. I will PM you some details soon Gregor and let me know what you think.

Additonally, I said that I would be creating two new NPC's with your permission? I'd now like to make that three. Again I will explain soon via PM.

All the best.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 23rd 2011, 4:32 am

(OOC: This isn't a dead topic, I will get it started in the active quests when I can.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 1st 2011, 9:11 am

Bah, I could take that punk.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 8th 2011, 7:06 am

Haha.
We'll see eh!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 12th 2011, 9:15 pm

I've found someone to go along with me who can also benefit greatly from this quest.
Going to have to put this on ice for the time being until I can get my storyline finished. Don't want to start this with an incomplete goal at the end.

It shall be continued in a new thread though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 15th 2011, 8:15 am

Starting this in the active quests now.
BlackOut is with me on this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top