The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Samaritan  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Samaritan  I_vote_lcapThe Samaritan  I_voting_barThe Samaritan  I_vote_rcap 
ghost
The Samaritan  I_vote_lcapThe Samaritan  I_voting_barThe Samaritan  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Samaritan

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Samaritan  Empty The Samaritan

Post by Coffinhunter November 28th 2010, 2:10 pm

Super Hero Name: The Samaritan
Title: The Eagle Scout
Alignment:LG
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 250

Costume Description/Image: The Samaritan's imposing frame is clad in a body length white spandex unitard w/ gold accents, red knee height boots, gold wrist braziers & belt and flowing red cape. The emblem that adorns his chest, cape and belt is a homage to the United States of America's national seal (Image under construction.)

Personality: The nickname of "The Eagle Scout", fits The Samaritan perfectly. He is the embodiment of wholesomeness, good intentions and All-American attitude. He spends as much time helping kittycats out of trees and lil' ol' ladies cross the street as he does battling the forces of evil. He is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.

History: Albert Wagner III was the born a beautiful bouncing baby boy to second generation German immigrants in the heartland of the US in Wisconsin Ill. He was a bright child that rarely cried and was the apple of his parents and community's eye. Although not terribly bright, he excelled at school due to his hard work ethic;and played both baseball and football carrying letters in both sports. He joined the Cubscouts and was a BSA member until reaching the coveted Eagle badge at an unheard of 16 years of age. Off to college on a scholarship for athletics where he graduated thanks to his coach's guiding hand. After college he married his high school sweet heart, Mrs. Mary Lou Smith. He decided to follow in his fathers foot steps as a civil servant, receiving a job at the United States Postal Service, he has been gainfully employed ever since.
Everything was absolutely perfect in Albert's life, until one day, while flying home from a work conference in San Diego that that all changed. The plane had hit a flock of birds and crashed, Albert was the sole surviver. He found him self floating mid air just above the burning wreckage in a field, he was completely unscathed. With this realization Albert began testing his abilities and quickly found that he was in fact a super man. Upon discovering this, he has sworn to use his powers for the greater good of humanity as a super hero. He still maintains his job and secret identity as a mild mannered postal worker and family man.

Powers: Unbeknownst to him, Albert Wagner III is the descendant a fail Nazi scientist that escaped Germany after the War and lived his life in Brazil. His grandfather's research was to make the Master Race of Superhumans, unfortunetely his process took generations to bare fruit. The Samaritan is completely unaware of his dark past and for all intents and purposes he was raised to be a good,honest American. Albert's great, namesake bestowed in his grandson's genes many amazing abilities, such as feats of Super strength enabling him to lift buildings, Speed high above normal human limits, near invulnerability to physical attacks (I would like one of my enemies to define my super weakness, as of yet he is unaware of any flaws, But Dark magic would be my guess). Flight allowing him to soar at the amazing speed, of up to28mph. Recently the Samaritan has manifested an Electrical discharge, after defeating a Villian sub-boss, El Ray. He is now capable of emitting electricity at the level of . (EP2)

PowerGrid:
Int:1
Str:6
Sp:3
Dur:6
Ep:3
Fs: 2

Character Image/Description:(Image under construction) The Samaritan is the ultimate good guy, he abhors violence and chooses to avoid it whenever possible. He has take a solemn oath to never kill and will do anything in his considerable powers to prevent it, no mater how evil an adversary may seem. He believes in the Christian values, and although he does not seek to press them on others, he believes that through his own actions he can convert believers. He has also found that he is honest to a fault, completely incapable of lying (this will ,I am sure, be a tool an intelligent villain could use to exploit him through public image.)

The Samaritan  Sam

Last edited by Coffinhunter on July 26th 2011, 12:33 pm; edited 9 times in total
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 391
Job : Tattoo Artist/professional writer
Humor : smart
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

The Samaritan  Empty Re: The Samaritan

Post by Slamfist November 28th 2010, 6:40 pm

My problem with him is that he is my character Shamgarel in almost every weakness area, but with extra points, same goes with Xyron and Cassiel. Shamgarel is weak against dark magic, won't kill, won't lie, won't let innocents come to harm, plus has the added downfall of being slightly empathetic.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 28th 2010, 8:05 pm

And I am not trying to copy or one up your characters....I just want the chance to RP with this archetype... I can promise you it is not to use it like a lever for negative purposes...it so that I can write a narrative in this manner.....I personally give permission to any mod or admin that disagrees with any action I commit to smite me on the spot with what ever supernatural power they see fit. But this won't be an issue because I only want The Samaritan for one purpose only....to RP with, to write about a character that with these abilities and moral weaknesses.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Spartan
The Samaritan  SpartanPG

The Samaritan
The Samaritan  Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
The Samaritan  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist November 28th 2010, 9:35 pm

I wasn't saying you were copying, not at all. I was saying there is no real reason to have more points over the standard. Wanting him only to RP with is a moot point since that's what all the characters are for. I see no reason for him to have extra points. And for the narrative arguement, you don't really need a character app, put it in the OOC Roleplay section, because if he's used in traditional roleplay with all of the other characters, that's unfair to everyone else, especially the older users.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult November 28th 2010, 9:50 pm

I agree with Slamfist, what is the point of the extra points if he is for RP purposes only, not fighting.

It just seems to me that adding these extra points are useless at best.

Know what I mean?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Samaritan  Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 28th 2010, 10:04 pm

although I disagree, my opinion in this matter is moot.....I have edited my power grid

The Spartan
The Samaritan  SpartanPG

The Samaritan
The Samaritan  Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
The Samaritan  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash November 28th 2010, 11:34 pm

Flying at the speed of sound with a speed of 3 and an EP of 2 is over powered, maybe faster than twice a car, but not a bullet...

The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

The Samaritan  Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter November 30th 2010, 12:17 pm

My oversight on the rate of speed is corrected.

The Spartan
The Samaritan  SpartanPG

The Samaritan
The Samaritan  Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
The Samaritan  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash November 30th 2010, 5:12 pm

I can approve this now.

The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

The Samaritan  Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 25th 2011, 3:23 am

trashed

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

The Samaritan  D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie July 12th 2011, 9:15 pm

Untrashed.

The Samaritan  Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs July 25th 2011, 2:04 pm

Un-approved on request.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs July 25th 2011, 3:35 pm

All that has been changed is costume design so re-accepted.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow July 25th 2011, 5:32 pm

Un-approved. There are still a few things that need to be fixed for you to fit in our system.

First thing is that flight speed, and running speed both fall under the speed stat. In any case.

The Black Arrow wrote:Speed.
0 - Can't move on your own
1 - Average - 6-8 mph
2 - Above Average - 12-15 mph
3 - Olympian/Peak - 22-28 mph
4 - Low Superhuman - 60-75 mph
5 - Superhuman - 125 to 150 mph
6 - High Superhuman - 200 to 250 mph
7 - Fastest Men Alive - 300 to 500 mph

Therefore you cannot fly at 200 MPH without having at least 6 Speed. You need to put more points into speed or edit how fast you can move to match the equivalents.

Next thing I saw was that you now have the ability to manifest electricity and create blasts from it.

The Black Arrow wrote:Energy Projection.

2 – Average Powers- A slightly higher emission. A faster healing factor, or shape shifting into animals or other people, but not both (Not yet at least). Sometimes a limited form of teleportation, or any other minor power.

3 – Low Superhuman emission- Where manipulation powers just begin to form. A limited amount of elemental manipulation, as well as higher healing rates. Perfect form of shapeshifting, or any other power equal in strength to ones labeled above.

I think it's cool that your trying to give The Samaritan an EP power, but you only put 2 EP into this, and manipulation of an element isn't possible til at least 3. So you'll have to either find away to get at least 3 EP or I'll have to make you drop the power until that is a possibility. Personally, I think your better off putting the two points somewhere else or giving yourself a different, support power since you already have 6 strength.

Lastly, in your history you said that have graduated form college on a scholarship for academics & athletics. Why would you only have 1 INT then? Also, no where in your history does it explain how you were given your powers. Whether you were born with them, or had them given to you, you have to give an explanation.

Other then those few things the app is fine, so once you've made the necessary edits let me know, and I'll try to get you approved in time for SeaCove City.

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
The Samaritan  Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Coffinhunter July 26th 2011, 12:21 pm

Alright Black Arriow, sorry about the mistakes, I've got all that fixed up for you. As for the EP I am only one EXP from having a new power point, I will just allocate it to my EP when I get it.

The Spartan
The Samaritan  SpartanPG

The Samaritan
The Samaritan  Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
The Samaritan  Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top