The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» 9mm of Dispute Resolution
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:58 pm by Jeannie Rose

» Factory Showdown
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 10th 2020, 8:10 pm by Nate6595

» (WIP) TO BE NAMED
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 9th 2020, 2:00 pm by ghost

» Down Goes the Boss
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 8th 2020, 4:26 pm by Nate6595

» An Unusual Diet
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2020, 8:58 pm by The Nekromonga

» I want in!
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2020, 8:51 pm by ghost

» Tom Clandestine
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2020, 11:27 am by Chellizard

» How Did I Get Here? (Bliss)
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 3rd 2020, 1:57 pm by Bliss

» Takuma
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2020, 12:53 pm by Chellizard

» Gl!tch
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2020, 9:34 pm by Chellizard

» Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat)
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2020, 4:50 pm by Chellizard

» Basic Bases
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2020, 2:50 am by Jeannie Rose

Top posting users this week
Nate6595
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_vote_lcapPure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_voting_barPure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_vote_rcap 
Jeannie Rose
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_vote_lcapPure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_voting_barPure Imagination (Nate, Pat) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2020 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.
Donate to SHRP!
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) Pixel
Superhero RPG will be able to keep our custom domain, copyrights to your works, and an ever growing appearance that will change over time! 100% of your donations will go to Superhero RPG and nothing else.

Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat)

Post by Chellizard on July 25th 2020, 9:46 pm

Sighing, his chest would heave with a sense of anxiety rising like high tide. He furrowed his brows and shut his eyes, attempting to drown out the shrill cries of a toddler not getting their way. There was an astringent smell sticking to everything around of him. The slightest hint of lavender swept by him, forcing him to open his eyes, curiosity getting the better of him.

"Oh... that smells... lovely," almost humming with delight, he ran a hand through his fiery hair, smoothing it back. As his hand slid through, he caught it on a tangle or two. He winced as he gently coerced his hair to comply and untangle itself. He eventually just pulled his hand out from the mop of hair and flicked it out of his eyes with one quick jerk of his head.

Golden brown eyes trailed after the smell, noticing it belonged to an elderly woman. A stout woman, she stood no more than five feet tall, an inviting smile curling across her wrinkled face. She had on a small, round hat with flowers donning the front rim. Small purple flowers. He wasn't sure what they were called, but something told him it was lavender, and it was real or she wore perfume that matched. Either way, it brought his stress levels down almost immediately. His eyes began to wander.

The waiting room for his therapist's office was small, cramped, but at least it was clean. Unlike him. He looked like a train wreck in comparison. A wrinkly t shirt, and old fading khaki's that were clearly a size too big made up his outfit. He had been in the United States for little over a month, and the constant noises from all the traffic near his flat was getting less and less tolerable. The loud noises from cars honking, tires screeching, and the occasional gun shot was a definite difference when compared to the smaller, country home town he grew up in.

Seattle was definitely not what he had expected it to be. It was cold, wet, and rained almost every day. Nostalgia struck when the wind blew and the rain smelled like fresh cut grass and home. This was the only thing that kept him from losing it completely and having a panic attack. And that is why he needs therapy, even if it's at the local community center, and the doctor's are underpaid and underappreciated. He cared, and he was happy to have such an easy to use resource, especially with how horrible the health care system was here in comparison to home.

--

The session was simple enough, and he decided a snack from a food truck would be the best reward, seeing as there was a food truck show in the city tonight. They were gathered in long row, parallel parked along the street running alongside the Maple Leaf reservoir park. The lush green fields were broken up by paths that snaked their way through the park, giving late night runners a place they could burn off their unwanted calories.

Finding the best food truck wouldn't be too hard - he was looking for something particular. Something that reminded him of home.

Hopefully he would run into it.

For the time being, he wandered almost aimlessly, his head drawn down, a sweater with a hood pulled over his crumpled shirt. The hood hid his bright red hair, his right hand clasped around of his phone, and the other around the strap of his messenger bag that was crossing over his chest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 4854
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat)

Post by Geist on July 26th 2020, 6:46 pm

Vic had few times he traveled but his older brother was always the type to invite him on many of his trips across the country. Their reasons were business, likely the cover being the company and holdings their father presided over. If there was one thing Elijah Marsden could do it was kept things as legal looking as possible, but he knew enough to know how false that was. Most of the day was spent wiling away in their hotel room on a sleek laptop while Lukas was off speaking with people likely in their smokey backrooms. Maybe even shot someone, though that was rarely what a businessman like him resorted to.

Watching a video of a young youtuber breaking down the powers of a popular hero the door clicked open and Lukas stepped through while loosening his tie. ”Long day?” He questioned with a sly smirk,  pulling off his coat and casting it onto the second bed, sitting down onto the end once he strode over to it. The bed creaked in protest from his weight.

”Yeah, apparently course work doesn’t stop even when you travel cross the country,” Vic noted with a frown, closing the laptop with a click.

”No ones making you do it. Thought you had some plans for fun here little bro,” He teased, though his teasing voice had a certain deadpan quality to it.

”I did but decided I needed to be a little productive. Besides, they had HBO for free,” He arced a brow at the statement, as if HBO were not a good enough reason to stay inside in the cool air and relax.

”Well that’s not good enough. We’re getting you out of this room and enjoying the night,” He grinned, bleach white teeth flashing in a sharkish grin.

”What? You are so unfair,” He was joking, laying back and resting his hands behind the back of his head.

”Heard there was a food truck gathering not too far, they might have some good tacos or whatever.” He was already in the motion of moving around the room and changing into something a little more casual. Jeans and a button up shirt that he rolled his sleeves up in. A pair of jeans hovered into the air and hurled itself across the room, nearly smacking Victor in the face. He caught it, snapping his hand up and glowering at it. ”put some pants on. Not walking around in those pajama bottoms of yours,”

He rolled his eyes and then hopped off the bed, changing into them with a few quick motions. Well, this wasn’t the worst day to have and he actually enjoyed spending time with his brother. The two of them were quite the pair however, with one standing nearly a foot taller than him and easily looking more muscular too. How could he not envy that jacked look? The two of them walked out of the hotel and were soon in the midst of bustling people with their chattering voices and smile. Lukas looked pretty pleased with his idea, hands buries into his pockets.

”Think the wife would like you eating junk food?”

”I could care less what she likes. Harpy doesn’t seem to like anything I do anyhow,” Might have been why he noted he wasn’t wearing that ring. ”I hear a few have some really good deep fried things that clog up arteries, ” he added, scanning the street with brightly interested blue eyes, ones he didn’t share with his brother. Time to time his step-mother liked to remind him he looked like his “whore” of a mother.

Within a few minutes they were munching on some street tacos because they were lacking in  adventurous spirit. ”So tell me, anything interesting happen on your day out?” He noted the shifting of his eyes and him awkwardly tugging on his collar.

”Nothing too interesting,” He responded, crunching on his taco and pointing out a shaved ice set up. Vic agreed.
Geist
Geist

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2018-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 on July 27th 2020, 3:20 am

Wyatt honestly had no idea what he was doing in a city like this. He didn’t mind the cities, honestly, he didn’t. He actually felt more in home in cities than he did in woods, which many had told him was weird. “You’re a bird!” They’d say, always carrying the same surprised tone. “You’re an owl no less and you belong in the woods, in trees, in nooks! There’s plenty of hero work out that way!” It was always the same and it was honestly getting overly old. The thought alone made him feel like an old man, ready to complain at those dang kids and their wisecracks, thinking they knew what was best or what was right.

Still, he didn’t know what he was doing this city in particular. Rabbit had been keen on sending him out this way, word was that they don’t get as many heroes here and some outside help would be just what Wyatt needed to boost his reputation. Reputation, according to Rabbit Punch, was important. Having someone people could look up to was inspiring, it helped people be better, have a role model to follow after. At least, that was her belief. Wyatt didn’t share the same exact ideals, but some time away from the city and doing other work would be good. He was sure of it.

On the other hand, as he stood in the street, he felt a wave of unease wash over him like a wave that was a mile high. Most people were staring at him. Unlike other metas he couldn’t hide away his wings. They were always out and always in view. Many on the street would gawk as they walked by and all he could do was give a little wave of his fingers, hoping they wouldn’t press him for questions.

Crime fighting in the city had been slow, honestly he had only busted minor criminals. Pickpockets, thieves, muggers, and drunks. There were no major villains or massive threats to the city, which he didn’t mind actually. It felt more like a vacation with an occasional violent workout. His family trips were never like these vacation, but he still managed to relax regardless.

It was noon now, or a little before? Or a little past? He had forgotten his phone at the room this morning and didn’t have a way to check. Either way, it was around lunch and he was hungry. He had perched himself up on the ledge of a building above a bustling street below. He could see people move about down there, food trucks catering to their needs and people either walking away with their lunch or stopping to enjoy the pleasant day. He now was faced with the dilemma of going down there and grabbing something and getting gawked at again or going hungry until he went back to his apartment room.

His stomach obviously threw its vote one way, while his anxiety threw it the other. The two terrible combatting forces made it ever harder to decide on what to do. He let himself fall back into a sitting position, his legs straddling the side of the building as he considered his options, counting on his hands as if math had some answer reason and will did not.

Finally, he let out a defeated sigh and unfurled his massive brown wings, spotted with white specs. With one more breath, he just stepped forward off the ledge and swooped down below. It was a silent descent downward and he was sure that many people would miss it until he got closer to the ground.

When he landed with a few flaps he looked around. Already people were gawking. This was already bad, he could feel the pressure weighing down on him like a bag of rocks. And, to make matters even worse, he hadn’t even decided what he was in the mood for. He had no idea what kind of food truck he’d stop at. So, there he stood in the middle of rubbernecking passerbyers.

Anxiety in a new city was a bitch…
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Number of posts : 364
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard on August 1st 2020, 4:50 pm

It turns out that the food you crave the most is the cheapest, because you're a broke, visa college student here on government loan for your education in anthropology, archaeology being his main focus. It was from a taco truck, but they served it with a heaping pile of rice and beans. He found himself a quiet spot and devoured it. Each bite satiated his hunger, a hum rising in his chest. He sighed, looking out around the park, the many pedestrians suddenly turning their heads and gawking at a stranger with wings.

Wait. Were they real? They had to be fake. Cosplay was a very popular thing. They could be here for a photo shoot. However, meta humans were proven to exist. It was on the news. The world is not alone. It's weird to think that we've always been among each other, silently waiting.

Shaking the thought, Gerard's fiery tangle of curls were flicked from his vision and he took another mouthful of his much deserved dinner. His afternoon class had given him a run for his money, proving quite literally he needs to take his time learning basic anatomy and physiology terms and labels. He was technically here for an exchange program, and the chance to visit a newfound dig site for an indigenous tribe of the America's. He was so fascinated by it, and he had the opportunity and he took it.

Finally snapping back to reality, he realized his fork was slipping from his hand. Reaching, he caught it just in time, but not before slinging his plate of food soaring through the air. It came hurtling out into the crowd, causing quite the embarrassing distraction.

He fumbled, curling inward on himself, tucking into a roll. His head tucked just in time, the bulk of his hood cushioning his neck as he came thumping onto his rear end, his feet stamping the ground. He shook his head, a bright scarlet embellishing his cheeks and across his nose. It almost matched his flaming hair.

"Oh boy..." he gulped, scrambling to get onto his feet and pulling his hood up over his head to cover up his embarrassment as best he could.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Pure Imagination (Nate, Pat) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 4854
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum