The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Mind Games

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Mind Games

Post by RoyalAurelius March 19th 2019, 2:47 pm

The city was calm, at least comparatively to recent events. Marshall was making his way through the office with a stack of papers in hand for his immediate supervisor. He took a moment to look out over the city through the high floor window, no real thoughts running through his head. After a moment he continued on with his delivery, stepping up to his supervisor's assistant to hand off the papers. Jessica was her name, a pretty girl who stood out from the rest of the staff with jet black hair and accented pale skin that seemed to be flawless. Marshall gave her a polite smile as he lied the stack down, pretending that it was a little heavy for him. Marshall had been keeping his abilities under wrap for the time being, the only person in the business actually knowing of his abilities was the CEO himself, Mr. Baxter.

"Afternoon Jessica, just dropping these papers off for Mr. Durk.... it's the remaining archive files of the New York incident. I have to say, it's a little curious that we dug up these files..... that incident happened years ago, and the damage is almost all but repaired."

"Heh.... thanks Marshall.... Mr. Durk has been in a mood today and these files are hopefully going to help that mood." She fluttered her eyes to him, giving a somewhat flirtatious smile to him before reaching out to pull the stack of papers closer to herself.

Marshall was naturally curious, asking questions here and there about simple things most others would already know about. He was taken for a simpleton by most, but he was just generally curious since he had been raised in a sheltered life. This also left him somewhat naive to the intentions of other people too, since Marshall himself always felt like people were good without any question.... at least the ones not in jail. Being this way, Jessica's flirtatious intentions flew right over his head, his mind not even recognizing the act as a flirtatious one..... he just figured she was being nice and bubbly, as usual. The building they worked in was the Baxter and Co. building, a construction company that worked almost exclusively on damage and city repair in the aftermath of a super hero/villain attack. Marshall had been selected by the CEO personally because of his abilities, but kept his secret for the sake of show and contract. Mr. Baxter's intentions on hiring Marshall were an enigma, even Marshall had no idea as to why he was fast tracked in the company.

5pm soon rolled around and Marshall was beat to hell and back. Despite his immense strength and resilience, he often still got achy muscles after a long day of work on his feet. He was looking forward to getting home and slinking into his bed with a nice funny show to fall asleep to. The Aussie intern made his way downstairs to the lobby, the lift door giving a soft 'ting' when reaching the lobby level before opening to reveal the sea of people in the lobby. Most of them were business types, wearing fancy pressed suits and carrying briefcases with important documents and contracts. In this sea of people, anyone could slip by and get upstairs with the proper disguise. Marshall began to make his way through the people, trying to be as gentle as he possibly could while pushing through the crowd. He had finally made it to the front of the building, opening the door and politely holding the door open for a woman in a wheelchair who was only just making her way inside.

"Be careful in there.... it's a madhouse of suits, ha." Marshall jokingly claimed to the woman, waiting for her to fully enter the building as to not let the door hit her chair on the way inside.
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Quote : "Being human means feeling different things; love, hate, regret, solace, joy, pain, pleasure..... the world is full of jerks. Don't be another one."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2019-03-18

Back to top Go down

OPEN Re: Mind Games

Post by Chellizard March 20th 2019, 7:13 pm

It wasn't hard to infiltrate Baxter and Co. at all. Naomi had planned it weeks in advance. Dropping by three times as three different people. The first time she arrived as herself, using her electronic wheelchair and handicap to her advantage. It felt sick, but she had to do what needed to be done. Her moral compass was not exactly due North, if you will.

The second time she entered as a large man looking to apply as a maintenance team member. She sported a mustache, and a grizzled face. It wasn't what she needed. She needed to become someone that worked in the office to have an excuse to work late and see the city plans and find out the company's future plans in order to thwart them. It would be fun, after all.

The third person she entered as was none other than Jessica. She came in through the doors to the lobby, following behind of the girl in the wheelchair. It was the perfect disguise. An employee was the perfect ruse. Coming to the doors to the office, she sighed and put on some charm to the nearby security guard.

"I'm terribly sorry. I left my key card and bag inside. Do you mind?" she asked, biting her lower lip as she pleaded for help. The security guard obliged without hesitation, his attention off of the monitors showing the real Jessica sitting at her desk. Once inside, Naomi would approach Jessica from behind and whisper.

"You're tired, aren't you?" she hummed, smiling as she moved around the desk to reveal she was a doppelganger.

"You... who are you? What the hell is this?" she said, confused now that she was looking at a replica of herself.

"Oh, don't worry your pretty little head about that now, dearie. Just be quiet." waving her hand, a trail of plum colored energy enveloped Jessica, sending her into a fabricated reality where she wakes up from a dream on her desk, confused as to what she had just witnessed in her dreams.

The real world Jessica was sleeping soundly, plum bindings wrapping the girl up as Naomi settled into her guise of Jessica White, the Baxter and Co. office flirt. She had fiery red hair, long legs, pale skin stippled with freckles, and gorgeous blue-green eyes. A closet door opened and the real Jessica was placed inside. Naomi would sit down at her desk, and start going through the papers.

The New York Assault lead by Doctor Necrodium was public knowledge, but the information about his ship and the meta humans involved were not. It seems that Baxter and Co. also had limited access to that information. Flipping through the plans, she would sigh and speed through the documents. She was frustrated with how much of the information was redacted and blacked out. She would need to find the archives that these files came from; there had to be original files that weren't censored.

Standing up, she adjusted her pencil skirt and office appropriate blouse, making sure her key card was present this time, clipped to the neckline of her silky blouse.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Mind Games JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalAurelius March 21st 2019, 3:55 am

Marshall had completely missed the fiery red haired woman, perhaps because he was exhausted and looking forward to a hot meal and a soft bed. He almost made it to the cab before he realized he had left his phone and I.D. in his desk at the office. Giving a soft sigh of frustration, he made his way back into the building through the madhouse of a lobby until he got to the lift.

A soft 'ting' indicated that he had arrived at his floor, stepping out he began to make his way to his desk. Passing Jessica's desk, he decided to greet her politely again but was caught off guard by the change of hair colour she exhibited. It was curious to him, however he figured plenty of girls liked to dye their hair all the time.

"Hello there Jessica..... I see you dyed your hair..... pretty quickly too." He spoke in a curious, almost confused tone but accepted that it was what it was. Perhaps she was secretly a super hero who had some image altering powers!! Marshall quickly shook these  thoughts away while giving her another smile. "I only just came back up because I forgot my phone and I.D. and I figured I'd give you another 'Hey' before I head home for the rest of the day."

Marshall couldn't explain it, but he felt somewhat different around Jessica. It was as if there was some sort of aura around her that felt.... thick. Perhaps this was what other normal guys felt around pretty girls.... that thing they called attraction. Marshall never quite understood those things that other people talked about, mainly sexual attraction and arousal..... but maybe this is what they were talking about.
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Quote : "Being human means feeling different things; love, hate, regret, solace, joy, pain, pleasure..... the world is full of jerks. Don't be another one."

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 24th 2019, 3:46 am

Naomi hadn't realized the hair color was off when she had picked this co-worker to impersonate. There was something wrong, and she had intended to go for the black hair, but something was telling her that Jessica wore a wig.

Reaching down into the drawer next to the desk, Naomi would produce a black wig, it manifesting at her will as she pulled it up and out.

"Oh, you know how us girls can be. We just want to have different hair sometimes. This is my natural hair. I just... Sometimes like to have it be different." she let out a soft, very fake giggle and then cocked her head to the side as she shrugged a bit.

Hopefully he bought it. He looked tired, worn out, and was possibly an intern or a seasonal hire. She had no idea, but her goal was to be in here after hours alone, not with someone else. Security would be easy to bypass; a flirt here, a flirt there. Easy. But this guy. He would likely offer to help her, or worse, ask to walk her home.

Maybe he knew the real Jessica. Maybe he had formed a friendship with her. She was hoping the answer was a hard no in that regard.

Blinking a few times, Naomi would clear her throat and let out a small cough.

"You wouldn't be opposed to grabbing me a drink, would you?" she asked, her hand moving to fiddle with the collar of her blouse, the ravenous black wig falling back into the drawer in her desk. Her lips would upturn into a soft smile, waiting patiently to see if she was found out.

A sound came from the closet near them, the real Jessica having rolled over in her slumber and kicked over a broom, it sliding and knocking a bucket over. Jessica was sleeping soundly, even with all the noise. But Naomi couldn't let Marshall go investigate! She had to do something, and fast! Naomi would faux faint, a sharp gasp passing her lips as she fell forward toward Marshall. Hopefully he could grab her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Mind Games JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalAurelius March 24th 2019, 4:08 am

Marshall was surprised to see a black wig, thinking that her black hair was her real hair all this time. He was unsure as to what her comment meant, but he was trying to learn all he could in this new place he was in. Shrugging off the curiosity, at least for the time being he simply smiled, a warm and genuine smile at that,  to the now red-headed Jessica. She was acting different than she usually did, and this was only piquing his curiosity even more.

"Oh I see, well I suppose there is nothing wrong with that. I like the red hair anyhow, makes you really pop out. Like fire."

He could still feel that something was off, but perhaps he was just tired from work and his mind was playing games on him. Marshall slowly made his way around to the centre of her desk, smiling as he looked down to see she had opened up the files he had left for her. Once again his curiosity piqued as he leaned in to try and read them, though not really getting anything from the angle they were laying there. He was then snapped back into reality by her sudden request for a drink.

"Oh... well sure yeah. I suppose there may still be some coffee, unless you're wanting some water or perhaps a soda from the mac...."

His sentence was cut short by the sound that came from the closet. A light wooden clunking and a plastic thud indicating that a broom and bucket had toppled over in the utility closet not too far off. Marshall, once again, felt his curiosity get the better of him as he turned towards the closet.

"Huh, must have been set improperly on the shelf.... I suppose I could help the janitor by putti.... ooh!"

Another sentence cut short as Jessica gasped out before fainting and falling into his arms where he awkwardly, but gently caught her. She weighed absolutely nothing to him, and in the moment of instinct he caught her using a portion of his real strength as to ensure her safety. Marshall was not concerned with the safety of keeping his powers under wraps, just concerned with keeping Jessica safe for the moment.

"Jessica.... Jessica are you all right!? Oh god you really needed that drink, didn't you."
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 25th 2019, 1:22 am

"Jessica" would sign softly and place a hand against Marshall's chest and cough gently. Her knees buckled a bit as she held onto him, the top most button of her blouse just somehow, miraculously, coming undone. Another timed distraction to try and get this man under her spell.

"I honestly just don't know why I bother wearing these high heels." huffing with a bit of anger, she slipped out of them and stood with her bare feet pressed onto the standard short, boring gray office carpet.

She cleared her throat and smiled at him.

"I'm sorry. I just need to sit down. It's been a long day, you see." she sat herself down on the chair in front of her desk and sighed again, leaning her head back onto the chair. She relaxed that way for a few moments, her eyes closing as she took a few slow, steady breaths. She then leaned back up and looked at him.

"Sorry again. I'm just a klutz, I guess. Forgive me?" she asked, a sheepish look stealing over her expression.

She chewed her lower lip lightly and then looked to the piles of paper on her desk. The answer was in the archives. Maybe she could convince Marshall to do the dirty work and get the files for her.

"So. These case files, yeah? I think there's a lot of information missing from these copies. Aren't you curious to see what happened for real? I'm sure it's in the archives somewhere. Maybe you could do some digging for me?" she asked, a finger having found it's way twirled into her hair.

"Jessica" looked fine now, as if she hadn't just almost fainted. Perhaps Marshall wouldn't pick up on that fact because of the sudden conversation change. He was just a normal human after all, right? They're not all super smart. Or exceptionally clever.

Naomi liked to think that, at least.

-My DeviantArt-
Mind Games JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalAurelius March 25th 2019, 2:11 am

Marshall was gentle as she pressed her hand to his chest. The fact that the top button of her blouse had come undone had not phased him even a little, his focus remaining on her facial expression. She did indeed look exhausted, but was glad to see she was able to still walk and balance. He gave a chuckle at her comment as if she needed forgiveness from him for simply not being all together.

"I don't need to forgive you silly, it's been a long day for all of us."

His ears perked a little, figuratively anyway, when she mentioned the files so casually. Marshall knew that they were public files, at least the ones he had access to. Curiosity unfortunately being his weak point, he did have some level of interest in the more archived files in the sub levels of his building.

"Well.... in all honesty I am pretty curious about those files. Mr. Baxter is very secretive about a few, won't even tell me and I bring him coffee. I don't think we're allowed down there, and unfortunately I have no clearance. I can bring you some other files you need, plus I know that the computer you have has access to employee records and the like. I mean... didn't you know that Jessica?"

His inflection rises at the end as his statement forms into a question. He figured she would know this kind of stuff already... but she also did nearly faint just a few moments ago. Perhaps she is still dizzy and requires a little more rest. Marshall actually admired how diligent she worked, especially later at night where most others left to go home, including himself.
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 17th 2019, 12:26 am

An epiphany struck her! Of course the computer would have access to employee records, including her own as this Jessica girl. She could read up on her own achievements and accomplishments just in case Marshall was curious to know anything more.

She nodded in agreement to him going to grab the files.

"Yeah! Could you please grab those? I would really appreciate it!" another smile crossing her lips as she turned to look at the computer monitor.

As soon as Marshall was gone, she would deep dive into the company files. It didn't take long to get to Marshall's personal file, and inside was exactly what she needed.

The mouse would hover for a few moments before she double clicked and it appeared on her screen. Her eyes would light up with excitement the more she read, finding out just what she needed, and had no idea she actually needed. A pawn.

--

Naomi would focus so diligently on reading over the files, she would also read over her own file as Jessica. It didn't take long to match the mannerisms, but she really messed up by not sticking to the correct hair color. Her mood must have affected the ensemble a bit. She was sure there were a few moles that she had wrong as well.

A soft sight passed her lips until she tried to get out of the chair. Her legs weren't working. She had been focusing too hard on other things, and now she was stuck. Her anxiety levels sky rocketed, and she let her emotions get the better of her. The red hair started to turn a soft ivory, the roots melting away the fiery red.

She caught a glimpse of herself in the reflective surface of a desk ornament and gasped.

Shit! Shit shit shit! I need to fix this -- fast! the best idea was to see, and hope, that the wig she had pulled out of reality was still in the drawer. She grabbed it and shook it until it disappeared. It dispersed the energy she was using to keep real Jessica in her la la land and brought her back to the fiery red hair color she had picked by accident. Black would have been easier to replicate, but so would just knocking Jessica unconscious for real, rather than giving her a true reality in her slumber. It was taking a lot out of Naomi. She would need to get out of here, and fast. But first, she had to lure Marshall out of the building.

When he got back, she grinned and got to her feet with a little wobble to her knees. She would drink some of the water he had brought her previously and she let out a soft sigh. So far, so good. She wasn't going to collapse under her own anxiety.

Now, simple task done. Time to get him out.

"Did you, maybe, want to grab a drink or like, a burger or something? I could go for some food." she said, offering another smile as she used a foot to position her shoes back upright so she could step into them.

Hopefully he agreed and they could get out of here.

-My DeviantArt-
Mind Games JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalAurelius April 17th 2019, 6:18 am

Marshall nodded to her, taking a temporary leave in search of those files Jessica so graciously requested. He was not gone long, but long enough to allow Jessica to relax and get into her computer files. While sifting through, Marshall was unaware that Jessica, or rather Naomi, was now reading up on the employee records.

The computer files were relatively easy to find and access, given Jessica's clearance level for said files. She occasionally acted as HR in the original HR rep's absence. Most of the files on the employees were pretty standard, dental records and the like. However Marshall's file turned up a little differently.

In his folder, Marshall had a sub-folder with an extra level of security to it. Lucky enough Jessica was allowed access to this folder, though possibly an error on Mr. Baxter's part. Once Naomi had opened up the folder, it revealed everything about Marshall.... at least as much as the company had on him.

Dossier 004:
-Name: Marshall Walker
-Height: 6'1"
-Weight: 140-160
-Sexual orientation: Unknown
-Place of birth/nationality: Emerald City, Queensland, Australia/ Australian

Dossier 004 ((classified)):
-Subject name: Marshall Walker
-Subject's known powers:
1) Possesses exponential strength, true limits unknown.
2) Appears able to exert immense strength with ease, possibly possessing super human levels of mass in his physiology.
3) Appears to be nearly invulnerable to physical damage, possibly due to super human levels of density in his physiology, potentially provides longevity or even immortality.
-Subject's known shortcomings:
1) Appears to be limited to normal human locomotion, no increased senses or athleticism.
2) Appears to still feel the sensation of pain, although possibly retarded to the point of only minor nuisance.
3) Susceptible to common ailments such as headaches, muscle and joint pain, and the common cold.
4) Appears to exert a great deal of energy to maintain himself, causing fatigue if pushed enough. Limit of this fatigue is unknown, requires rest in order to maintain effectiveness.
5) Possibly susceptible to magic, voodoo, necromancy, and various other degrees of mind and reality altering effects.
6) Mentally young and naive, possessing the characteristics of a child at points as well as lack of cognition in brain activity.
-Alien: Possibly
-God-like entity: Possibly
-Subject conclusion: Potentially dangerous, super cell quarantine highly suggested.

The file had a good portion of data on Marshall, given that he never really tried to hide himself from prying eyes. The file however had nothing on his origin, nothing stating how he obtained his abilities or how they relate to where he came from globally speaking. Jessica/Naomi had only a little time to read through before Marshall made his way back with the folders. He grew concerned when he saw Jessica stumbling once again, feeling she must have not fully recovered from her previous episode. Glad she was still able to stand on her own two feet, he relaxed as he placed the files he found on the table. Giving her a nod to the next almost immediate question, he smiled and gave a soft chuckle. Food indeed sounded wonderful to him at the moment.

"That sounds great actually, I'm starved and could use a bite. Please allow me to help you outside, I wouldn't want you to fall.... you still seem a bit woozy." Concerned for her, he politely took her hand and gave her express permission to use any part of him she needed to maintain balance as he would lead them out of the building. He kept her close as they made their way out, the building only partially lit up now as it reaches it's final hour of operation before shutting down for the night officially.
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 4th 2021, 5:05 pm

Just before Marshall returned, she wiped her hand through her hair, sweeping her fingers through the red tangles. As she did, the crimson was washed away to reveal the same black hair as before. She adjusted herself a bit, glancing at that same reflective surface as before and smirked at herself.

"Oh, thanks! I hope it's okay that I put my wig back on..." she cleared her throat and brushed her hair back behind of her shoulder, looking up to him as he approached.

Naomi made it a point to quickly stack the files he handed her into her pile on her desk, pushing herself up and against him as she did. She hoped it would distract him long enough so that she could swipe his file and stuff it into her bag unsuspectingly. Her intentions weren't necessarily malicious in regard to the knowledge she wanted on Marshall, but knowing more about him - and fast - would definitely make this easier for her.

She offered another kind smile and then gasped, a manicured hand cupping over her agape mouth.

Cherry lips would draw attention to her features again, the porcelain skin accented by the ebony hair. Thick, mascara painted lashes would bat against the apples of her cheeks as she felt a blush burn scarlet.

"I almost forgot my badge! That was the whole reason we had to come back up here, remember?"

She would turn around, practically shoving him out of the way as she slipped his file into her back, surely she had blocked his view. As she did so with her right hand, her left hand was outstretched, grabbing for her key card, it being attached to a very cute lanyard. Jessica has taste after all,' Naomi resonated internally, a small smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

She would then turn herself back around and flick her hair back into an appropriate position.

"Okay! I'm finally ready," she said, slipping the lanyard around of her neck and making sure her photo was facing outward. It matched her face and hair now, so there was no mistaking that she were Jessica.

-My DeviantArt-
Mind Games JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalAurelius April 18th 2021, 11:52 am

Marshall had not noticed anything amiss about Jessica, partially due to his naive nature in general. He missed slips of the tounge, physiology alterations, and even her sleight of hand with his file. He was just genuinely trusting of her, an employee he had worked with for some time now. Unaware that there was anything wrong, he continued to lead her out of the building. From time to time he would glance to her and smile, the corners of his mouth wrinkling and his teeth slightly showing. This proved that it was a genuine smile, and that Marshall was having a good time. He rarely connected with coworkers like this, and he was enjoying himself and his company.

His stomach would make a slight gurgle as the hunger in his belly grew. It was screaming for food, and Marshall could hear it clearly. He got a little embarrassed as he wasn't sure if she had heard his stomach also. It had been a few hours since his last meal, but it wasn't substantial enough to fuel him for this long. He required much more nutrients and calories than the average person, sometimes he wondered how he could even afford food alone. The thought dissipated as he looked back to Jessica with another smile, coming up on security near the exit of the building.

"So, what were you thinking of having? I just got paid so, my treat." He asked calmly, not wanting to give away that he was starving and his muscles were starting to ache just a bit. It had been a long day, and the office had him running all over the place for files and documents and..... just so much paper. His brain was also fried, in a metaphorical sense, from reading and computers all day long. After a moment, Marshall presented his badge for the security before the officer looked to Jessica with a bit of a coy smile.

"Good evening Jessica. Badge please." Despite his professionalism, anyone could spot the security officer's coy smile and invasive glances. Anyone, except Marshall that is.
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 30th 2021, 12:28 am

The lanyard was decorated with small Corgi's in differing poses; one on it's back, one sitting with it's paw up, another with it's butt in view and it looking backward, the pattern broken up with bones, paw prints, and frisbees. Jessica put it around of her neck, another smile curling across her masquerade mask.

She would find that Marshall's smile back was genuine, whereas her own was forced, but practiced. Because Naomi had spent so much time masking her emotions, and putting on so much of a front for her parent's and her teachers, she would have no issue doing it here. She found herself almost feeling something when Marshall's eyes caught her own for a moment, a small blush threatening to crawl over her cheeks.

She brushed it off, swallowing her emotions with a hand tucking loose hair behind of her left ear. She cleared her throat, a small smacking noise being heard as she approached the security check point to exit the building. She flashed her badge with a friendly smile and a bid goodnight.

She then waltzed off ahead of Marshall, awaiting for his badge to be checked before they ventured off to wine and dine the night away.

Or, that's what Marshall was lead to believe what their end goals were. Jessica, or Naomi's, main goals were to trick this big oaf into getting into some mischief with her, and taking the fall. If it panned out that way.

With her goals in mind, Naomi would wait patiently, rocking back on her heels with her eyes turned skyward. She was admiring the midnight blue, and the hint of stars. The city life and light pollution it caused drowned out most of the stars in the sky. Naomi would take what she could get.

Idly fiddling with her badge, she turned her gaze back toward Marshall.

"What were you feeling for dinner? Italian, Thai, Greek, Indian, diner food?" she started to list off all the types of food places that were near them, or within a five mile radius from their office building.

"Unless you're interested in something else entirely? I'm open to new choices," her voice was almost like a purr, playfully coaxing him into the conversation and keeping him interested. She wanted to keep Jessica as an obvious friend for Marshall, it wouldn't be fair to ruin their office environment, now, would it?

-My DeviantArt-
Mind Games JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalAurelius July 15th 2021, 12:25 am

Marshall flashed his badge after Jessica, the guard swiftly checking him through. There was a look on his face of confusion, and possibly jealousy. Was that little kid with that piece of work? The guard would huff to himself, Marshall completely oblivious to his jealousy and frustration. His eyes were once more focused Jessica. As he exited the building to meet her, his own head would crane back as he admired the height of the buildings around him. No matter how long he had been in the city, the magnificence of it all never seemed to wear off. The sky was spotty with stars, partially covered with pollution and the other natural clouds. Enough to grasp his hazel eyes though.

After a brief admiration of the sky, his gaze shifted to his newfound friend. She was very sweet and polite, something that she wasn't too often in the office. Perhaps it was just stress, or maybe she just had a work ethic that prevented her from really socializing at work. Regardless, Marshall was enjoying himself greatly, and they haven't even gotten to the food yet.

"Actually there is the Mongolian barbecue place I wanted to try out. I hear it's great, and they have large portions. I admit, I'm pretty starved."

He paused for a moment and looked down slightly, a sheepish look on his face.

"Unfortunately..... I have no ride myself. Unless you're driving, we might be sharing a taxi."

He was not embarrassed about much, however he knew when his lack of transportation was a burden on others, and that often struck him hard. He tried to mask his slight shame, not wanting her to be frustrated nor pity him. He just simply hadn't gotten around to driving yet, and with this city it's near impossible anyways. Perhaps Jessica would disregard him entirely. This wasn't supposed to be a date, but Marshall still felt pressured to make a good impression and be a proper gentleman...... who couldn't drive....
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard November 19th 2021, 11:26 am

The food change was not a big deal to her, considering the fact that there wouldn't be much eating soon. Naomi was ready to cause a bit of chaos, and she wanted nothing more than an audience. Mongolian barbecue almost always had a huge turnout of guests, so this would be perfect.

Another day to debut as Dreamweaver and unleash those inner monsters.

Shaking the thought, she turned her attention back to Marshall. She couldn't help but notice just how green his hazel eyes were.

"That sounds delicious! And, ha! Don't feel bad. We have legs for a reason." she gave a smile, this one was almost real. It had a twinge of  mischievous attitude lingering underneath, but still a smile nonetheless.

--

Jessica would adjust herself, making sure she had everything before they began their walk toward their destination. Public transportation was always an option on the table. The click of her heels on the sidewalk accompanied by the soft jingle of zippers and small decorative chains on her purse would harmonize with the hum of the city.

'Even after all the death and destruction caused by Doctor Necrodium, this piece of shit city still found a way to stand.' Naomi's inner monologue grumbled angrily, her outward appearance staying the same.

The further they got from the office building, the more power Naomi felt leeching back to her. The dreamscape she had set up for the real Jessica was fading with the distance, and it was in turn giving Naomi back the power she was putting into the fake world Jessica was in. It would give them approximately an hour, maybe two, if Jessica lacks the willpower to escape the last bit of dream eating away at her.

"So, Marshall, how long have you been in the big Apple~?" she was sure that Jessica hadn't asked this, considering the mannerisms and way that they acted toward each other at the beginning of this evening.

-My DeviantArt-
Mind Games JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalAurelius December 1st 2021, 4:35 pm

Marshall smiled, nodding as he reluctantly began to walk with Jessica. He could have sworn that Jessica herself had a car, but he never really paid attention so that could have been anyone. The young man was looking forward to a good meal, and he had some money to spare so he could spoil himself, and Jessica. All this felt odd to Marshall, however, as he had never really gone out on a real date before. Was it a date? People go out and get food together, it's technically a date.... but he just couldn't quite understand it. For now he'd just remain the same, curious and optimistic about the time out together.

His feet ached as they walked, pulsing from the long day and the fact that Marshall himself lacked any sufficient stamina without proper nutrients for a number of hours. Lunch was at least 5-6 hours ago, so he was fading fast, metaphorically speaking. There was no way anyone in the office would know of Marshall's abilities, except for the CEO himself, who personally recommended his employment. This explained why Jessica didn't mind walking, and Marshall was dreading it.

He perked up when she began to speak, chuckling to himself as she questioned him about his time in New York. She had never been so outgoing or talkative, but he figured it was because they were always so busy with work. A big, genuine, kind smile creased his lips as the overzealous boy like co-worker responded with gusto.

"I thought you never were interested! I have been in America for about a year or so, maybe a little more. I got shipped over here from Australia on the CEO's request. I guess he saw my potential, or perhaps just wanted to expand his workforce.... I wouldn't know, I admit I'm not too.... savvy on all these details of the company."
RoyalAurelius
RoyalAurelius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top