The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
Frozen Synapse I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Frozen Synapse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Frozen Synapse Empty Frozen Synapse

Post by MissingAxis January 19th 2019, 8:37 pm

FROZEN SYNAPSE

Jacked-in Tactician

The Bio

Renegade Name: Frozen Synapse
Title: N/A
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Caucasian, Human
Hair: Sandy blond
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 160lbs

The Looks

The Personality

Matthew is outwardly sarcastic and arrogant, though he maintains a fragile ego and gentle personality behind the facade. Post-diagnosis, he has doubled down on his previously minimal aggressive and spiteful behaviors, developing something of a mean streak and a brooding personality. Where he was once cynical, he is now downright misanthropic. He is self-serving and pessimistic, but a small part of him remains hopeful that it isn’t all bad.

The Story

Matthew lived a private, if lonely life. Though sociable and quick to make friends, he found it difficult to maintain lasting connections due to his reluctance to open up wholly to others. In his early years of highschool, he drifted between social circles each semester until he finally gave up and dropped out. He quickly found himself an apprenticeship as a machinist, maintaining his reserved but friendly nature throughout.

After a night out on the town following a rough breakup, Matthew wrecked his car on the way back to his apartment, intoxicated more by emotion than by liquor. When he awoke, he found himself near totally paralyzed from the waist down. His nervous system subsequently began falling apart, steadily taking more and more bodily control from him.

He continued working, but was no longer employed. Instead, he focused his efforts on attempting to singlehandedly develop cybernetics to replace his dying nervous system.

He failed.

The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Endurance
3. Strength
4. Agility

The Powers

Tinker Specialty: Networks - As a tinker, Frozen Synapse is able to develop a number of hardware and software applications related to his specialty, providing he has access to the necessary materials and is given enough time. Example applications under the networks specialty include but are not limited to: using tinkertech hardware to link a large number of objects together in a custom-built network, developing specialized neural networks with tinkertech software, and managing massive mesh networks using a combination of tinkertech hardware and software.

The Weaknesses

Progressive Motor Neuron Degeneration - Matthew Gallagher is suffering from a progressive deterioration of his nervous system, which has already taken most of the mobility from his legs and has weakened his arms. As time goes on, Matthew will totally lose his ability to survive on his own as he becomes unable to eat, drink, or shit unaided. Eventually, his cardiovascular system or even his brain may shut down.

Tinkertech Decay - Tinkertech is incredibly esoteric and often relies on poorly understood mechanics in order to function. As a result, tinkertech requires constant maintenance and tweaks to be performed in order to continue operating as intended. Outside of his presence, Frozen Synapse's equipment will begin to malfunction and eventually cease to operate entirely. This fact limits Frozen Synapse's ability to loan out gear or operate without a workshop, and even his ability to operate his technology for extended periods of time without maintenance downtime.

The Items

Jay:

Rose:

Drones - Frozen Synapse has a moderately sized fleet of civilian/hobbyist drones, both aerial and ground-based, either bought wholly off-the-shelf or constructed with off-the-shelf components. They are equipped with his networking technology to allow for coordinated remote control, and are armed with stolen or otherwise illicitly acquired less-lethal weapons such as tasers, beanbag launchers, and pepperspray pellet guns.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by MissingAxis on March 27th 2019, 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MissingAxis
MissingAxis
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2017-01-31

Back to top Go down

Frozen Synapse Empty Re: Frozen Synapse

Post by Silus January 19th 2019, 9:08 pm

Approved until stated othereise!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Frozen Synapse Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MissingAxis March 27th 2019, 3:53 pm

Moving for edit. Archiving previous state.
Spoiler:
MissingAxis
MissingAxis
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by MissingAxis March 27th 2019, 4:06 pm

Edited to replace [Chronic Sleep Deprivation] weakness with [Tinkertech Decay], which I believe to be a more meaningful, exploitable weakness and more relevant to Frozen Synapse's power.

Tinkertech Decay - Tinkertech is incredibly esoteric and often relies on poorly understood mechanics in order to function. As a result, tinkertech requires constant maintenance and tweaks to be performed in order to continue operating as intended. Outside of his presence, Frozen Synapse's equipment will begin to malfunction and eventually cease to operate entirely. This fact limits Frozen Synapse's ability to loan out gear or operate without a workshop, and even his ability to operate his technology for extended periods of time without maintenance downtime.
MissingAxis
MissingAxis
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 17th 2019, 8:05 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Frozen Synapse JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5014
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top