The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Ika of the binding light order I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Ika of the binding light order I_vote_lcapIka of the binding light order I_voting_barIka of the binding light order I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Ika of the binding light order I_vote_lcapIka of the binding light order I_voting_barIka of the binding light order I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Ika of the binding light order

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ika of the binding light order Empty Ika of the binding light order

Post by Cerek January 2nd 2018, 2:48 am

Ika

"Over my twice dead body"

The Bio

Renegade Name: Ika
Title: Shadow cleaver
Alignment: Lawful, neutral
Race: Human
Hair: short and blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5 feet 9 inches
Weight:156lbs
Blood type:A
The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Maturity beyond his years was one of the traits Sejanus took with him after leaving the monastery. A cool level headed young man, Sejanus prefers to go about all situations in a peaceful and easy going manner. He still keeps much of his naive youthful nature despite his maturity. Sejanus has a unique and deep love of snow and indeed all precipitation. The monastery was centered high in the mountains where the snow stayed three quarters of the year. He has a strong sense of justice and desire to see evil deeds and people stopped, a trait instilled at the monastery by the monks of the binding light.

The Story

The monks of binding light have exist by many names, in many places since the time of Ancient Greece. An order created in secret by Zeus, Odin and Ra for the purposes of keeping the legions of the various realms of the underwold where they were. Over the centuries as the Gods gave less care and all but vanished the order began to take the initiative and spread across the world. Learning of new Gods, demons and cultures aided them in their mission. They also learned of new martial arts and magic. They shared their knowledge as well helping to establish new temples to defend humanity. Even when the Gods of the underworld do not instigate war against man there are always creatures wanting to do it on their own.

In the modern age a young woman dies giving birth to a child in the hospital. The child sheds no tears upon birth but simply squirms around and grabs the Doctors finger, an odd disturbing image for the nurses. The infant is given to foster care for the next fourteen years, it is a rough fourteen years. The boy has a world of problems at such a young age, bullies, gang violence, poor neglected schools. That however was not the worst problem, the worst was the voice. The voice that crept up from the back of the boys mind, whenever he was stressed, afraid or angry it would come to him. A cackling old raspy voice echoing off the dome of his mind. It told him him what he wanted to hear, it told him to do anything, take anything. It told him how useless people were him included, it was nothing to be violent to hurt people.

One frigid morning in the city the boy made a chance for himself to join one of the local gangs. What a better way to get some respect and all the things he couldn't as the loser he was. A gang member from the Corpus street gang was looking for someone willing to do some simple arsen. The boy was all too eager to be front and center for that. Later that night he and another young boy were in the parking lot of a rather fancyrun down restaurant planting rags in gas tanks. When they finished the other boy lit one and they both started to run, unfortunately that's when the gangsters that owned those vehicles came out. Immediately they saw what the boys were doing and drew their guns. The boys stood there frozen in fear. The next thing they new the first explosion happened and shrapnel went flying. Both kids were knocked away one flew off into the river.

The boy with the voices floated down the freezing river slipping into the grasp of death quickly. But always when he reached the edge of death something kept him clinging on by a hair. Somehow he washed up a day later out of a drain pipe near the docks. A monk who was tieing a boat to the dock happened to see the boy. He dived in to recover the body and bring it inside the shrine where it was warm. The boy was practically frozen stiff, the monk did not believe there was anything he could do yet somehow he sensed some manner of life in the boy.

The boy was taken to the monastery high in the mountains so the monks could investigate how this boy was still alive. They used every earthly method they knew first to remove the obvious, that it was not an earthly affliction. The shaman of the temple (the leader) determined a demon was embeded in the boy and had been for his whole life. The ceremony began to exercise the creature, through the long hours of the night they performed spells and chants. In the early hours of the next morning the demon showed itself, a low level demon that easily escaped the monks notice. It was vanqished and sent back to Niflheim from whence it came. When the boy came to he was frightened and yet felt somehow different, lighter and with a new vigor.

After the whole ordeal the monks wanted to wipe the boys memory and return him to his home. Though the boy felt better he was terrified to go back home and ashamed. He remembered all the terrible things he had done influenced by the demon, he begged and pleaded with the monks to let him stay. He had no real attatchments to his home or criminal friends. Rather than put the young man back the monks agreed that perhaps the boy could be useful, he was still small and innocent of the world in a way. Unlike the usual way of recruiting new monks as adults and training them, a young pupil could learn so much more in their lifetime. Years passed and the boy grew stronger learning the history of the order, the various demons and factions, martial arts and magic as well as other studies. As part of his assimilation the boys name was never said so that he would forget it, only then was he given his new name "Ika". When the boys training was finished he was a young man and ready to face the darkness, to repent for his past by helping to save people.
The Priority

1. Agility1
2. Endurance4
3. Reaction2
4. Strength3

The Powers

Fight stances: Taught by the monks of binding light there are three divine combat stances that one must learn. Each stance has a different purpose and allows for different special abilities. These abilities are fueled by the Sangre divina, a power granted to the monks of the binding light. Using abilities heavily, changing styles or being ill lowers this energy. When depleted a monk can no longer use any abilities. It takes the light of the sun to refuel this energy over time. When in the various stances certain aspects of the fighters physical being are enhanced.

Bright fist: A balanced style of combat the fighter uses the momentum of himself and his opponent to counter and parry. The fighter can also create clones made of Sangre divina to overburden an opponent. Each clone made has only half the real fighters strength. The fighter may also heal injuries using the Sangre. In this state the fighter has increased resistance to physical harm.

Lightning foot: An extremely fast and evasive style of combat where the fighter relies on speed and dodging, waiting for the perfect opening to strike with multiple hits. The fighter can teleport short distances up to thirty meters in rapid succesion using Sangre divina. The fighter in this state is able to slow his perception of time making everything around him seem to happen in slow motion roughly a quarter of the speed for twenty seconds. This ability as well drains energy. In this state the fighter has increased agility.x

Thunder rage: A style involving a huge emphasis on strength and defence with low mobility, a stance that focuses on standing your ground and defending while dealing heavy blows. The fighter can envelope their body with the Sangre divina energy as a shield letting the energy absorb incoming damage. The fighter may also envelope their limbs in fire causing large scale explosions with every strike they make. In this state the fighter has increased Strength.
The Weaknesses

Sangre weakness: At night the regeneration of energy is cut to one third compared to daylight. Cloudy conditions or any condition without clear sunlight cut regeneration by half
Bright fist: Clones are only partially autonomous and require the fighter to split attention the more he creates. The healing ability only works on minor injuries and cannot heal illnesses or wounds requiring surgery. The increased endurance comes at the cost of strength

Lightning foot weakness: Teleportation must be done carefully as getting caught in something will kill the user (like a wall). The mind can become overburdened with the energy required to slow the perception of time. Heavy use results in cerebral hemoraging, black outs and loss of short term memory. The increased speed comes at the cost of Endurance.

Thunder rage: The flaming shield that absorbs damage is weak to water and fails in the rain. When enveloping the feet and arms in flame they share the same weakness as the shield. As well if an explosion from the fighters foot hits a wall, it's possible the wall will resist and the fighter will be blown back. The increased strength comes at the cost of speed.

The Items

None
The Minions

None

The Fluff

Due to spending the large majority of his life in a monastery with monks _____ can be quite naive of the outside world. He often says and does things others might find odd or ridiculous. Praying outside in extreme weather, staring at light bulbs uneasily and discomfort from female advances.

The RP Sample

The golem smashed it's way around the junkyard in a rage looking for Ika, it's earie moans somewhere between pain and anger. It smacked a fridgeminivan out of the way and sent it flying like a paper weight. Ika remained hidden behind a pick up truck listening to the creature. The manager of the yard not ten feet away behind a stack of cars quietly praying to his God if he had one. Ika slowly started to crawl over to the man to try and reassure him everything would be ok and that he had a plan.. sort of. He got halfway when suddenly a bending metallic sound loomed over him. When Ika looked up the golem was there glaring down with it's one great red eye.

Ika immediately jumped to his feet and dashed for the man just before the hulking creature slammed down on the ground. Ika changed his stance to Thunder rage and used his flaming foot to kick a truck at the golem The golem was sent flying back into the managers office crushing a good portion of it. Ika used that moment to turn to the manager of the yard

"RUN! Get out of here sir while you can!"

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Ho ho ho to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woes

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 619
Humor : In good balance
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Ika of the binding light order Empty Re: Ika of the binding light order

Post by Chellizard January 10th 2018, 2:24 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top