The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Hello, my name is Sasha I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Hello, my name is Sasha I_vote_lcapHello, my name is Sasha I_voting_barHello, my name is Sasha I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Hello, my name is Sasha I_vote_lcapHello, my name is Sasha I_voting_barHello, my name is Sasha I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hello, my name is Sasha

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Hello, my name is Sasha

Post by The machine named Sasha May 9th 2017, 9:33 am

Automata

"I never sleep."

The Bio

Renegade Name: Automata
Title: What's a title?
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Magic-powered machine
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Red
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 370 lbs
Blood type: N/A

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Sasha used to be a very nice, gentle, outgoing and caring girl. She was the world for her father and she knew it, trying to fit his expectations the best she can. After the attack on New York, her death, and subsequent rebirth as Automata, her personality underwent some changes due to these extraordinary circumstances shaping her "afterlife" in the most bizarre ways possible.

For the most part, Sasha is a very confused individual now. The transition from one body to another was made in haste, and was not seamless. A good portion of her memories had been lost, and what remained was left in forms of muted pictures, disconnected from her both on an emotional and psychological level, like frames from old, silent, black-and-white movies. Memories make a person, and losing so many of those changed Sasha into a different person.

She finds it increasingly hard to care about things that she cared about, before. Friends, family, and the like. She has very little recollection of them, and yet at the same time she knows they are family. Despite that, she does not feel like she cares or loves them anymore, but at the same time emulates the feelings, pretending that she still does. Sasha does it out of a feeling that it is something she is supposed to do, hoping to fake it till she makes it. Perhaps she wants to spare the feelings of those she lies to, or perhaps it is the force of habit. The automaton is aware of things that she is supposed to feel, and not feeling such scares her.

Sasha's mood can often be described as melancholic. She tries to restore bits and pieces of memories that she lost by visiting places she finds "familiar". In doing so, she roams the streets of the destroyed city of New York, like a ghost, trying to find semblance of old glory among the rubble and dead carcasses of living blocks and office buildings. She collects the things she finds among the rubble, out of sentimental value. Some may describe her as kleptomaniac.

Automata misses the senses she used to have. Now, she is restricted to two of them - sight and hearing, while effectively robbed of scent, taste, and touch. She will often remark on things she used to like, and can be often found in cafeterias, flower shops, and perfume saloons, despite not being able to use any of these products. Sasha tries to fit into standard routines of life that she used to have, and failing at it spectacularly. Due to her newfound nature, she cannot sleep, drink, or eat anything, forced to stay forever awake and forever aware of the world around her.

Sasha is actively looking to make connections, having been faced with rejection from her former peers, who were shocked to see a metal machine replacing that whom they known before as Sasha. The feeling is mutual, as she does not feel the same towards old friends, and is looking to rebuild her circle with people whom she can care about and who can see past what she has become.

The only thing in her memory that managed to transition into her new mind perfectly, without being distorted or detached, is the moments of her death and prior to it. Sasha can remember the pain very vividly, and she remembers who did it too. As such, she dislikes metahumans, and is wrathful towards those who are violent. She blames them for what happened to her and rightfully so. This position, however, puts her in a limbo between humans, who she is no longer a part of, and metas, whom she despises.

Her new body was built not only for the purpose of housing her soul, but also as a weapon - her father never wanted his girl to be vulnerable and helpless again, and his mind turned his daughter into a powerful machine equipped with many armaments at her disposal. The purpose of the body took a toll on Sasha's perception of herself - she is very accepting of violent solutions, whereas before she was kind and pacifistic. Sasha enjoys combat, as it is what she excels the most in now.

Aside from that, Sasha has carried out a few hobbies from her past life. She used to be a talented dancer and continues to be one even in a machine body - the extra flexibility of joints and endless resilience improving her as a dancer, at the cost of taking away the feeling of humanity out of her performance. Her new hobby is constructing small wind-up toys, which she feels a strange feeling of kinship towards. She has an impressive collection of music boxes she made by herself.

The Story

Sasha was born to a migrant family of Nikolai and Lydia Naumov, roughly 20 years ago. She never knew her mother, as she died from an illness when the girl was too young to remember, and her father had never brought up the subject, not wishing to give the girl a feeling of loss, while at the same time sparing his own feelings. The man raised his daughter alone, and he loved her very much, doing his best to be the best father he ever could.

Running his own clockwork shop, Nikolai was able to provide for both of them. His clocks and wind-up toys were a marvel to behold - they worked so smoothly as if they were made of flesh and blood. There was a secret to that, which nobody else knew. Nikolai had a special gift when it came to technology - he commanded the power to breathe life into machines. Even the smallest speck of his ability was enough to provide these incredible results. Yet, his use of such powers was nothing but humble - he preferred making toys and whimsical gimmicks to world domination.

The girl grew up to be his perfect little angel. Of course, she did have her faults, but they were easily ignored in her father's eyes. Sasha was much like her mother, both in character and in appearance, so much that these similarities were making Nikolai happy and scared at the same time. Just like her mother, Sasha enjoyed dancing, and was a very sweet girl, to the point of not standing up for herself when others took advantage of her niceness at school.

She made plenty of friends, largely among those who nobody else bothered to be friends with, the "uncool kids." While Sasha was ready to take insults directed at herself, once she made friends and seen the same done to them, she felt she could not stand behind and be quiet. It made her stand up and forego the niceties she coated her words with, for the very first time. In a way, she became a shield for those who were always looked down upon and bullied, and it made her feel good too - perhaps, in her heart, she always wanted to be a hero for someone.

When not in school, Sasha spent her time helping out at her father's shop. While her father worked, she often greeted the clients and offered them merchandise. Sasha was quite shrewd when it came to business, and often managed to talk people into buying more than they should. She was never worried about having no work after school, as her father was grooming her to inherit his business and his shop.

However, their peaceful little existence was about to be disrupted, as the shadow of an ongoing racial and political conflict was looming over the land. The Metahuman resurgence was challenging the society with difficult questions, questions that needed answering. The Naumov family tried to stay away from it. Sasha often asked her father why is nobody doing anything about the discrimination and violence that metahumans were facing. Her father urged her to not get involved into this, as the conflict would get resolved, eventually, without their help, and that "in times of great change, it is the little people who suffer the most".

He wanted to weather the storm. To hide in his home and hope that the outside world would never come knocking at the door. The world did not knock at his door. Instead, it kicked the door open. When New York came under attack by the metahumans, the Naumovs were not prepared. They hid, in the basement of their clockwork shop. But they were discovered. Someone tore open the locked hatch as if it was made of tissue paper, and threw an explosive down the chute. Nikolai was unable to react, as the explosion soon engulfed the confined space, and he lost consciousness.

He woke up with a grunt of pain and a cough escaping his lungs. Somehow, the man had survived the explosion. But as his consciousness returned to him, so came the horrible realization of what happened. A body shielded him from harm. That body was on top of him now, bleeding profusely. At the last moment before the grenade exploded, Sasha got between it and her father, shielding him from shrapnel and explosive wave. It caved her ribs in, and the shrapnel tore at her body, turning it into nothing but a charred, mangled mess. She was gone, no more. And Nikolai was left alone in the ruins of his shop.

Faced with the prospect of eternal loneliness, Nikolai refused to surrender his daughter.  He lost his wife, unable to do anything about it. But he was not about to lose Sasha forever. He was not ready for it. Driven in a mad desire to bring her back, at any cost, the man delved deeply into researching and discovering the extents of his power. He purchased items and books from around the world, in order to find a way to return Sasha. He began working on his greatest creation - a new body for his daughter. The most intricate and elaborate creation that he had ever worked on. Made in a facsimile of Sasha, it was better than she used to be - this new body would not know fear, pain, suffering. It was made stronger and sturdier than any human body, and outfitted with weapons to exact Nikolai's revenge on those who took her away from him.

However, there was a problem. The machine had no soul. He tried programming it several times, but all results were ... cringe-worthy. The replicas were pale imitations of Sasha, constructed from his memory of her. No matter how hard he tried, the uncanny valley was too hard to pass by. Dozens of prototypes were built and scrapped. Even Nikolai's desire, driven by madness, was not enough to bring his daughter back from the dead.

Until one day, a person appeared on his doorstep. A shadowy figure, wearing a dark-red cloak. A woman, from the sound of it. She said she heard of the man's desperate plea, and offered to help out. She performed a ritual, an obscure arcane ritual which involved pentagrams, candles, and blood. That ritual tore the soul from the land of the dead, and sealed it in the land of the living, inside of the metallic shell that Nikolai constructed. When it was completed, the machine opened her eyes on its own for the very first time, and the chamber was pierced with a loud, metallic, blood-curdling scream. Sasha was back. She was  ... "alive".

Nikolai was eternally grateful for the mysterious stranger's help. He offered her everything, everything he owned, as compensation of bringing back his life's happiness back to him. The woman refused, however, and left, with a mysterious smile. She mentioned that she will be back one day, and take her reward for bringing back Sasha. Too happy with his daughter being back, Nikolai agreed. He had never seen the woman, since.

Sasha was indeed back into this world. But the transition was not seamless, and being bound to the machine caused a great deal of pain. It felt as though her soul was splintered into pieces, and one of the put inside of the new mechanical body. Her return to this world was met with the warm embrace of her father, but she could not feel the warmth. She could not feel much of anything. Feeling to be more machine, than human.

For her delusional father, however, it made no difference.

The Priority

1. Agility 3
2. Endurance 4
3. Reaction 2
4. Strength 3

The Powers

Superhuman strength: Due to her being a mechanism, aided with powers of technomagic used in her creation, Sasha can fight with strength of many men. She can lift an object weighting about 5 tons, and throw it a small distance.

Artificial body: Due to her body being made of durable artificial components, Sasha possesses an array of abilities related to it. Such as:

- Limb-separation: Heavily revolving around the principles used in her construction, Sasha can separate parts from her body and keep them at a certain distance away from her. Those limbs can be kept at a distance of up to 5 meters away from the body, and can be used to launch unexpected strikes, with blades hidden within them. The limbs are controlled by aetherial strings of magic, which can be cut by magic-resistant metals.

- Durability: She is made of very sturdy materials. Normal punches, bullets, and weapons without considerable strength put behind it would make little damage to her. Also, she would be immune to most hazards that can affect a human body, such as electricity, fire (if temperature is below the temperature of steel losing hardness), poisons, the like.

- Flexible joints: Her joints are able to move in any direction possible, should the situation require so.

Techno-magic power: Can send a surge of this mystic power upon touching a mechanism or a computer. Depending on how sophisticated and durable said device is, it can short out for a few seconds, or even break. Same energy can be used to good too, however, enabling her to repair small mechanisms by simply touching them.

The Weaknesses

- Technomagic - an enemy who wields technomagic can destroy her rather easily. One that is created with magic, is easiest to destroy through it. Technomagic can turn her own body against her, and she would not be able to do anything about it. However, since she is an automaton, rather than a robot, she will be immune to people who manipulate electronics and computers.

- Magnets and magnetic powers- She hates them, they pull her towards them, and leave her helpless.

- Exorcism - Sasha's soul is tied to the mechanical construct built in a facsimile of her. It is it that keeps it working and running. Any rituals and abilities that can remove the link between the soul and the machine are dangerous to her.

- Armor-penetration weapons - armaments made specifically to pierce through armor will have a greater effect on her.

- Unstable surfaces - due to weighting almost 400 lbs, certain unreliable platforms are prone to collapsing underneath her.

The Items

1) Strange blade. One year since Sasha's return to this world, on her "birthday",  a package came for her, from an unknown benefactor. Inside, there was a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], covered in odd incrustations and markings along the blade. The blade, though of an unknown origin, seems to be beaming with magical power, which allows it to cut through steel with ease, and even injure beings magical in nature. The note that came with the gift said that by cutting down those who would stand against her, she could bring justice to the world. Although her father was suspicious of the gift or the ominous note that came with it, Sasha chose to use it as her primary weapon. The blade has a weakness that Sasha is not aware of, however. Against demons, the weapon works like an ordinary blade.

2) Built-in weaponry:

Arm-blade - large, two-piece blade that form out of Sasha's right forearm when she fights. It can form into one of two weapons - a sword,  or a long, 3-meter spear. These weapons were imbued with technomagic. It can damage even beings known for superior durability. These weapons, while sturdier than those made of regular metal, can still be destroyed with significant force. Nor would they pierce targets that possess overwhelming durability. Prone to jamming if the release mechanism is doused with sand or not maintained.

Arm-shield - a large tower-shield that is formed out of Sasha's left forearm. It's a foldable shield that can take great impacts and protect from projectiles and elements. It can be discarded if it damaged. Although the shield is very sturdy, an armor-piercing round can still go through it. However, it would lose most of its power after.

Spring-jumper - Sasha's feet contain two loaded springs that allow her propelling herself forward or in the air with speed and force compared to that of a jetpack. She cannot use them for 1 post after the jump, as they need to rewind.  Prone to jamming if doused with sand or not maintained.

Hidden blades - each joint within Sasha's body has a retractable blade. Prone to jamming if doused with sand or not maintained.

Needle gun - has one within each of her digits, which allows to shoot sharp, and rather heavy needles, up to distance of 50 meters. Prone to jamming if doused with sand or not maintained.

The Minions

N/A

The Fluff

Fluff?

The RP Sample

It was early in the morning.

The sun was up, but the air did not yet become hot enough, and there was a chill in the air. Gusts of fresh wind were blowing from the outside and into the small room on the first floor of a two-story house. The house belonged to the Naumovs, along with the shop that occupied the part that faced the road. After efforts were made to reconstruct New York City, Nikolai Naumov took effort to rebuild their own home. He had the motivation now, his daughter was back and they needed a place to live in. Sasha, of course, helped out. She was an excellent helper - able to lift weights, and work tirelessly day and night. She was much more useful than she used to be. It gave the man hope that their lives would one day be back to normal, just like it was before.

But that was impossible.

And every morning, as father and daughter had breakfast, he was reminded of that. While the man ate his scrambled eggs and toast, and drank tea, Sasha sat on the opposite end of the table, staring at the cup of tea whenever he was not drinking it. Her look was unsettling - those red eyes never felt the need to blink or look away somewhere. It seemed like she was content on simply observing the cup. But the stare was deeply unsettling for Nikolai. Sighing, the man shook his head and looked at his daughter. Or... the machine with the face of his daughter. The metallic protrusions that came out of her body kept reminding him that while this was Sasha, it was ... different, from what she used to be. He knew that, she knew that. They both did.

"Sasha, do you always feel the need to do "that"?" - he asked, and the automaton cocked its head up a bit to look at the man instead of the cup. She nodded.

"Yes." - a reply came. Short and to the point. Sasha used to love to chat, before. Now, their conversations were brief, and increasingly awkward, as her stares and mannerisms were unsettling, and her words - even more so.

"Dear, I know what you are thinking, and I am sorry that you cannot have these things anymore. But these are just little frivolities, that's all. What's important is that you are back, you have me, and I have you. That's what should matter!"

"Really?"

The question hung in the air, heavily, followed by a moment of silence, as father and daughter exchanged glances. Sasha looked into the man's eyes with her hard, unblinking stare. Nikolai looked back, for a while, before looking down to his place. Another heavy sigh leaving his chest.

"Pity." - Sasha had followed, before reaching forward, and taking her father's teacup away from him. She brought it to her face, and the warm liquid touched her synthetic lips. She could not feel it, and the lack of more subtle locomotive control made her spill some of the liquid over her shirt and neck.

"I rather liked tea."

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

[/b][/b]
The machine named Sasha
The machine named Sasha

Quote : "I am machine."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2017-05-09

Back to top Go down

OPEN Re: Hello, my name is Sasha

Post by Thorgron May 9th 2017, 11:11 am

Approved until stated otherwise Smile

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top