The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Tuesday in New Jersey I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Tuesday in New Jersey I_vote_lcapTuesday in New Jersey I_voting_barTuesday in New Jersey I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Tuesday in New Jersey I_vote_lcapTuesday in New Jersey I_voting_barTuesday in New Jersey I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Tuesday in New Jersey

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tuesday in New Jersey Empty Tuesday in New Jersey

Post by The Nekromonga January 16th 2015, 12:49 am

It was dusk at winter. Barely any sunlight could reach a dark alleyway, in a forgotten, rundown neighborhood, near an abandoned church. The cold winter air did little to stifle the stench of rotting, unsorted garbage, or the fumes of a barrel fire where some homeless vagrant figures huddled around. Streetwalkers in thick winter clothes hail cabs to get out of the cold. Gunshots could be heard in the distance. No police sirens sounded, no ambulances were called.

Just another Tuesday in New Jersey.

One of the vagrants, carrying a bottle in hand and alcohol in his bloodstream, noticed something in the pile of garbage at the end of the alley. A foul smell, of fire and brimstone, drew his attention, as he saw some figure wrapped in rags, covered with old news papers.

"Hey. Hey buddy. you alright?" He knelt down and patted him on the shoulder, getting some of his Jack Daniels onto the sleeping figure's clothes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Tuesday in New Jersey Empty Re: Tuesday in New Jersey

Post by Hex January 16th 2015, 1:47 am

The foul stench of all these garbage combining with Hell's odor coming from Hexller wasn't a pleasant smell at all. A man, probably homeless, patted him on his shoulder, "Hey. Hey buddy. you alright?" Hexller woke up in a jolt. He was a bit groggy and his vision is blurry. He looked a round for a bit, it was dark and he couldn't make out a thing. Then, he looked at himself. He looked normal, compared to his usual rotting look, he looked normal like a human and curiously started to pat his body, he was even wearing clothes. He stood up and pressed the man's shoulders on the alley's walls.

"Rlgl ma n? Re dnd n vlh rlgl?" Hexller muttered. It was in a demonic language, although it probably just sounded like a growl to the man. He cleared his throat and tried to speak normal English "Where am I? How did I get here?" His eyes are now adjusting to the dark. He can clearly see the man by now, he has a scruffy beard, wearing ragged clothes, and a tattered white bonnet. Hexller took another glance at his surrounding, both sides were only walls with dumpsters and garbage bags scattered all over the place. He never thought that he would be able to come back.
Hex
Hex

Number of posts : 37
Job : Are you stalking me?
Registration date : 2015-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 16th 2015, 2:58 am

"H..h...hey buddy! Don't hurt me!" Once the man was up against the wall and heard him snarl, the drunken, startled man pleaded with him. The other homeless people stared in fear, too afraid to help one of their own save for some half-hearted pleading. Only when he calmed down and spoke in english did he swallow the lump in his throat and answered.

"Y...you're in the alley on Chapel and 5th Street. New Jersey. . I don't know bud, I just saw you there in the corner today... didn't see you come in the alley though..." He said, his eyes wide at how dangerously Hexller carried himself. "...You're not going to hurt me, are you bud?" He asked, desperate. Here in the alley, there was nothing but fear, and despair in the air. A newspaper hung freely on top of the nearby garbage bin, to conveniently tell him it was January, in the year 2021.

Nobody bothered with the goings on in the alley. Just a bunch of drunken hobos probably fighting over the last bottle of Jack. People passed by without a care in their world, minding their own business. It wasn't that people were cruel, but there wasn't much to gain anymore in meddling in things not your affair.

Except One Lady in a heavy, khaki winter coat and knee high boots. She had brilliant green eyes she hid behind heavy shades. Her gaze was deep and piercing, like she could see right through the huddled crowd of homeless and see what was happening. She spared Hexller and the homeless man one moment of her time, waiting to see what would happen.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 16th 2015, 7:53 pm

The man squirmed and pleaded for his life, New Jersey, he had never been to new jersey before he died, or at least that's what he thinks. He glance at the newspaper and released the man. "Hurt you? I can, but what would I get if I hurt you? The life you have right now is enough as punishment." Hexller took the newspaper, it has been a very long time, it's already 2021. The headlines on the newspaper stated events concerning superhuman activities. Hexller crumpled the paper and threw it to his side. The exit to the alley is just to his left, the closer he is to the exit the colder it gets, it was probably winter. With a bit of light, Hexller can now examine himself even better. He was wearing a black hoodie, black khaki pants, and black shoes. His mask only has one opening which is on his left eye as the mouth opening was closed and has a zipper on it. He wore his jacket's hood and tucked his hands on the jacket's pockets. He walked out on the street and took a look around. He really is back.
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 16th 2015, 9:57 pm

The Lady walked past Hexller seeing he didn't seem dangerous, only a bit lost. Everyone else gave him some space but Shauna wasn't afraid of him. She walked past normally, heading to inside the dilapidated looking Church... which turned out to be still open. The Neo-gothic building had alot of broken windows that were boarded up, and bullet holes in its walls and door. But, music still played and parishoners still attended, so that people could still have hope.

Across the street though, trouble started to brew. Nothing too major; an expensive stretch limousine parked on the street side, and a gang of well dressed, European looking gentlemen with tattoos emerged from the car. They approached a small group of women. The women were dressed like street walkers, and they didn't seem too keen to be approached; they didn't get far though, as a suspiciously young looking girl was dragged by her wrist and pushed into the car. She was about to scream for help, but a smack across the face silenced her.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 16th 2015, 10:46 pm

The place looked much like a criminal infested area. People around these places doesn't seem to bother with anything going on around them. The Chapel beside the alley way he was in looked run-down and was pretty much like the other structures around the area. The feelings of terror and despair filled the air. Hexller would've imagined that after 90 years in hell, earth would've been highly advanced to the point where they would have futuristic technology. As it turned out, it was far worse than before. There were some technological improvements but nothing like advanced technology.
Across the street, there were two foreign looking men who grabbed and slapped a girl. The girl was pushed inside a limousine. As expected, no one dared to react except for some stares and glares on the situation. The limousine started moving fast toward his direction, it was looking clear for Hexller that it was some kind of kidnapping.
Hexller stood at the middle of the street. The limousine barked its horn as it continued gaining speed, Hexller didn't move a muscle. The limousine crashed. There was a small puff of smoke coming from the limo, Hexller stood there unharmed with the limousine's front slightly squished. "Rmh'i venjv ej rlgl?", Hexller growled as he cracked his knuckles.
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 17th 2015, 6:35 am

Since they braked before hitting Hexller, the damage to the car was minor. The pissed off Russian Mafiya emerged from the car, drawing their sub machine guns.

"It's a metahuman. Those won't work. I'll handle this." The driver, an especially large and burly man told his fellows in the Russian tongue. His word made them put their  weapons away, and common sense made them put good distance between themselves and the hell spawn. Distance, as in, they duck into a local convenience store, and take their seats for the show. They leave the girl in the car, who watched the events unfold with her eye liner running down her cheek.

Now the driver was a juggernaut of a man, with broad shoulders and thick arms, as well as proportional legs. He was wearing shades and a snappy black suit with red long sleeve beneath. A long scar ran down the left side of his face, and his face had a bushy beard.  

"Now... I don't care who you are, or what you think you'll achieve trying to play hero. We have legitimate business with the girl. Stand aside." He spoke with a deep voice, and a couple of his teeth were replaced with gold. He visibly and audibly cracked his knuckles.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 17th 2015, 7:31 am

Hexller looked at his body, he was perfectly fine, not even a single scar. Not only was he brought back to earth, but he even got improvements. Hexller searched his body for anything he can use as weapon, there was nothing. The Mafia men got out of the car and pointed their guns at him. The driver went out last, he was big and muscular, someone you wouldn't dare to mess with, unless you're Hexller. "Meta.... Human? Care to explain? Hexller clenched his fists.
Without knowing, something started forming from within his fists. 1... Hexller took a step to the left, a handle from a gun of sort started to form. 3... Hexller ran to the limo's side, the gun's body started forming as well. 5... The gun's body is almost done, a folding stock started to appear in between his armpit. 7... Hexller climb the limo, a magazine started forming. 12...Hexller ran on top of the limousine's roof, the gun's muzzle finally appeard, it was finished. 15... An H&K UMP45 Submachine gun appeard on his hands and pointed the gun down at the Brute from the limo's hood.
Fifteen seconds and a gun he wished to have appeard right at his hands. Is this another "improvement" he got? He was pretty sure guns aren't made like this, and people aren't capable of doing this. The gun was even lighter than he remembered, 90 years at hell and he could've probably forgotten how a gun weights. Nevertheless this new power felt sweet and he still remembers it's function and how to use it. He had a wide grin from inside his mask.
"I don't think you'd care to explain, you're probably dead before you start. Now, you should care as to who I am, I'm Hexller and I'll send you straight to Hell." He was playing no hero, it was only that maybe a few demons would've wanted new friends, they would totally like this big guy.
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 17th 2015, 7:57 am

Now, it was an acceptable logical assumption that when someone was going to confront a metahuman, there was a large chance that person too, was some form of metahuman. He didn't react as Hexller materialized a weapon from nowhere, but once he raised the gun to shoot, the big man moved in a blur before he even pulled the trigger, he attempted to grab Hexller by the leg and smash him into the pavement- Hulk's "Puny god" style. He wasn't just big and strong- he was stupendously fast, fast enough to dodge bullets.

Mafiya Thug: (Int 2 Str 7 Spd 7 Dur 7 Fs 7)

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 18th 2015, 6:43 am

"Zpsk!" Hexller growled, he was shocked and was not expecting that man to do something like that. He was unbelievably fast and strong. Hexller remembered what the newspaper's headlines said, "Meta Humans Clashed Again, A Display Of Spectacular Prowess." It seems like these kind of abilities are just something normal nowadays. Hexller's body wasn't damaged but it did hurt, like a fist as big as him punched him weakly. He stood up slowly with the big brute smiling at him, watching him with glee. Hexller growled as he dust his clothing.
The ground on which Hexller was slammed at had a small crater the size of his body, that man's  sheer strength is something inhuman, conbining it with his speed is a nightmare. Luckily, Hexller's durability is somewhat inhuman as well. Hexller tried to punch the ground to test his own stregnth, hoping that he can keep up with this man's strength. His punch did nothing, it's just normal. Hexller fired his gun, hoping that it would damage him. The mafia man can easily dodge his bullets but he allowed him to be shot. The mafia man laughed as Hexller pull the trigger. As expected, it did no damage, this man's durability is also inhuman, it's starting to turn out real bad for him. Hexller slowly made the submachine gun dissapear knowing that it can't possibly do anything.
There's only one way to keep up with this guy now, to create an even stronger weapon that can damage him. Hexller focused and imagined a weapon, something that can hurt the mafia man, something straight from hell.
1... The handle is starting to form as Hexller looked around to search for cover as he materialize the weapon. 5...  Hexller started running, trying to reach a nearby coffee shop to take cover with the gun handle starting to materialize. 10... Hexller took cover behind a counter, there was a loud crash caused by the man punching the glass windows. 12... The man was starting to search for him. 15... Slowly, the gun's body is starting to form. 16... 17... "Irnh! How much longer will this damn thing take!?" 18... 19... 20... "Where the hell are you, you son of a bitch! I saw you get in here!" The mafia man was flipping tables and chairs inside the coffee shop one by one, searching for Hexller.  21... 22...
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 18th 2015, 7:59 am

The man was grinning as he slowly made his way towards Hexller, seeing as his materialization power took significant time. "That's a fancy power you've got, brat. Too bad it's not going to save y-" The Russian Bruiser's relentless advanced was stopped and he froze in place when an emerald green laser beam drew a line on the ground between Hexller and The Russian.

"The hell is this?! First fighting on the streets, now you bring it inside with people around. Who's the stupid ass who starts a fight like this?" The laser beam came from a woman standing right outside the smashed window. It was the lady with green eyes and impeccable winter fashion sense. Only, now, her eyes were visibly glowing with green energy... and smoking.

The big tough Russian bear man suddenly started sweating, and talking in a much more respectful tone. "Oh. Miss Masters. Uh... I was just acquainting this new metahuman to proper behavior..." He said, raising his hands. He could dodge bullets, but he couldn't avoid laser beams.

"I saw you take the girl. You want to talk to her, you talk in the Church. Beat it." She said, and the Russian complied, quickly leaving without taking her eyes off Shauna. He even apologized to the people in the coffee shop.

Then, Shauna turned her attention to Hexller. "And you. I can tell you are new. Put your weapon away, let's talk some place. Don't worry, I'm not that fight happy." She invited him to the Church.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 18th 2015, 8:56 pm

23... 24... 25... The gun was almost built, only the muzzle was missing and it's finished. Hexller got out of cover and jumped out from behind the counter. He pointed his unfinished gun at the mafia man, hoping it would finishe materializing before he could get him. Suddenly, a lazer beam was shot on the ground between Hexller and the mafia man. People inside the coffee shop started fleeing as well as that people outside started avoiding that place.
Outside, there was a woman standing infront of the smashed window. She had glowing green eyes, Hexller assumed she is another one of those meta humans. "Oh. Miss Masters. Uh..... I was just acquainting this new metahuma to proper behavior." So, this woman was called Masters. The mafia man's voice toned down a bit and started apologizing to those people left inside the coffee shop for the dusturbance.
The man quickly left outside, he seemed afraid of crossing with this woman. She turned her attention to Hexller afterwards. "And you. I can tell you are new. Put your weapon away, let's talk some place. Don't worry, I'm not that fight happy." Hexller started to slowly make the weapon dissipate. " I didn't need your saving." Hexller growled. He was invited over to the church to talk. He was doubting himself if he could even enter the church, him being somehow a demon is why. Hexller materialized a knife in his had, it took him less time than making those guns. "I'll bring a knife. For safety precautions." Slowly, he stepped in the church, following the woman. As it turned out, he didn't burn, he was completely fine going in churches. Hexller sat on the the very back and looked at the woman. "What kind of messed up world has this place turned into?"
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 19th 2015, 7:50 pm

"No, you didn't need my help. But the cafe did." Shauna said as they entered the church. All sorts of lost souls sat here looking for sanctuary, the girl the Russians took sitting in a corner. A particularly badass looking priest, a man in his 50's, hair graying, wearing a cossack came before Hexller and Shauna.

"Reverend Earlman." Shauna tipped her head slightly in a bow.

"Ah. Sun Queen. I see you brought a guest." He said in a gritty rasp, keeping his shades on. He raises his hands to utter a brief prayer for Hexller. "And he's armed." He added, with slight disdain.

"You might want to ask him your questions, kiddo. The Reverend can help people like you." Shauna nudged Hexller to talk.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hex January 19th 2015, 10:16 pm

The man he encountered earlier is seen sitting on the far corner, talking to the girl Hexller assumed was kidnapped. The seemes uncomfortable with this woman around as he kept glancing back and forth between her and the girl. Hexller bowed down as they sat, staring at the floor without blinking. "Reverend Earlman." The woman said. Hexller looked up to who she was talking to. A priest, probably on his mid 50's, wearing cool shades. He raised his hands and uttered a brief prayer for Hexller. Hexller became annoyed and uneasy as the priest cited his prayers. "And he's armed." Said the priest with disapproval.
"You might want to ask him your questions, kiddo. The Reverend can help people like you." Hexller felt a slight nudge. He bowed his head to the priest. "Sorry about this knife old man. I just don't trust anyone. He said with a straight face. Hexller doesn't really have any questions to ask the priest other than how he got here or what happened to him, but Hexller doubts that even the priest couldn't answer that. Instead, he asked the priest this, "Father. Do you believe in the Devil?"
Hex
Hex

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga January 19th 2015, 10:56 pm

"My son, you do not half of the things I believe in. I'm not entirely sure where you are from, but this world is a smorgasbord of beings. We have children of the supernatural, children of science, or children with a quirk of genetics... we call them metahumans, as you must've have witnessed Shauna's power." Earlman started to explain, calmly leading them to the reliquary in the back.

Walking past simple statues and holy symbols, Earlman led them to a thick tome bound in black leather. It stood out amongst the holy relics, a golden pentagram imprinted on the cover.

"And speaking of the devil... Let's say I've had run ins with the infernal lately. Shauna is firepower, but she cannot perceive the unnatural." He opened the tome to a page showing pentagrams and a horned goat being, standing atop a large cauldron, stirring it. Small winged beings emerging from the cauldron.

"It's all squiggly. Ugh..." Shauna remarked, taking a peek at the book but feeling slightly nauseous when she did. It was written in the infernal tongue.

"You don't have the training or the spirit to handle the occult, Shauna. But I'm willing to guess your friend here does. I sensed it when he came in, but this is my litmus test for him." He said.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top