The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_vote_lcapMichael Atterrius - Hyperion I_voting_barMichael Atterrius - Hyperion I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion I_vote_lcapMichael Atterrius - Hyperion I_voting_barMichael Atterrius - Hyperion I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Michael Atterrius - Hyperion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Michael Atterrius - Hyperion Empty Michael Atterrius - Hyperion

Post by Samael Christensen November 18th 2014, 7:03 pm

Hyperion
”Lead me to the light, though it will leave me blind.”
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion Tumblr_mtwvd1TmMF1sx8ysno1_500

Basic Biography

Villain Name: Hyperion
Title: The Abyssal One, The Corroding King, The Brat Prince
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Race: Ti’taen Ascendant/Ethereal
Hair: Dark brown with a few streaks of grey
Eyes: Silver flecked with neon green (Neon purple when drawing upon power)
Height: 5’5
Weight: 134
Blood type: Z-Ω

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Art brought to you by Chellizard:

The Legacy

Personality: Hyperion is a being of death and decay, though unlike the Abyssal Ones before him he is different in many ways. Despite the emotional dryness of those before them, he is more of an emotional dynamic being. The typical emotional front that the male puts off is what one would call somber and for the most part dark in a strange, almost listless manner. The façade of a dying man, despite the fact that he seems to be as his body appears as vibrant and alive as any male of seventeen years old. If anyone notices this, he tends to brush that off with a casual sarcasm that is almost disarming from someone associated with death.

Because of this Hyperion is also considered a rather stoic individual, usually showing little emotion past coarse sarcasm which he uses mostly whenever he speaks, and within his strange sense of humor. Michael could make a joke about a puppy being hit by a truck and he would laugh, even if no one else did, and he lightly puts it as having a dry sense of humor. However, there are few things that can wring out a sort of genuine emotion from him, though what that is few people have any idea from.

History: Time to get the most misunderstood portion of his history out of the way, as that seems to be something that a lot of people find strange. Yes, Michael has two dads, like biological and not involving any sort of adoption, so deal with it. He is the eldest son born of The Existential being known as The Archon, and some sort of sciency magicy thing called Apex, though the second youngest of the children born by The Archon. How he was born was through a complex process that involved the creation of a soul facilitated by various energies that could allow that process.

The exact date of Michael’s birthday is not easily remembered, though it is somewhere in September and that is all that matters really. Compared to his younger sibling Silus, he was powerful in regards with his titan heritage and as such found the arts of the dark ethereal easy to master, coming almost second nature to him. Training with his father who was at the time the lord of a dimension called The Abyss, he quickly managed to control the dark ethereal, and even become a master with almost no one to call his peer. Like all members of his species, he had a short childhood and matured to the age of eleven with a span of a few months, though he chose not to let that be the physical stopping point of his body, and went further. His development stopped around the age of seventeen, which he found to be an age that he could enjoy.

From a young age he was charismatic, always finding making friends easy, even if he did not really think of them as friend, but more as tools than anything else. However, there were two things that made his otherwise seemingly idyllic life as an ethereal prince somewhat off, one being his youngest brother was a gene hazard and the second was less than wholesome feelings towards his elder half-brother Shael. The former could be overlooked, as even if he had no powers whatsoever, he was still family, and in his own way Michael valued family. It was the latter he actually had trouble with, though not because of what he was told, however because of an observation, From all that he saw, it wasn’t something that happened, across the isles he saw nothing like that happening and he felt like some manner of freak. While abnormalities were not something he found to be a problem in his siblings, to have something so abnormal within himself was a tragedy almost.

However this internal conflict was kept internal, and so life seemed to go on, Michael doing as he usually did, and occasionally inadvertently dropping a few idiots into the river never to be seen again. Yet everything changed when the youngest of the Atterrius children was taken from the very palace of Valhalla itself, not something he would take very lightly. So without a moment wasted, a search had been started for the ethereal prince, yet in the end they did find him, but the price that had been paid he was not prepared for. Upon returning from the desert called Death’s embrace, something had happened, though Michel had not been aware of it at the time. Ouroboros had supercharged Silus, awakening his ultima and killing Shael in the process. 

While he was not aware of the how, he was aware of the fact that Shael was dead which had hit the young ethereal harder than anything. Utterly broken, Michael isolated himself from everyone and in that isolation he himself picked up the pieces, and even to these days the cracks still remain. However this healing was half done, and would only fall apart with the next part, after the fight against Ouroboros as those that supported him. Michael was approached by the enigmatic ethereal known as Raziel, offering him the power he needed, to go from exile to his birthright. This was the power of Ultima, and with this Michael had forged an ally, someone that was with him when his family stood against him ready to kill him. In his mind there was no other choice, but in the end he was just a child trying to play the adult. That was what made him the easiest of pawns, the willingness to do anything to garner power, to achieve his own somewhat vague goals. A child that had managed to take the thrones of two powerful races without even an army.

Still, this had lead him to an inevitable conclusion, one that was only made worst by information given to him by his new ally. That his brother’s death was not caused by some giant sand worm, but his own younger brother, by Silus. The initial reaction as one of pure shock. That he could not believe that the gene hazard could and would do something like that to him. It was perhaps this time within his life that Michael felt true hatred, the desire to end someone, and it was with this animosity that he was set out that day to the former base of OCEAN. To this day he could not remember why he was truly there, but a fight had broken out, and in the end he had killed Silus’ best friend, a sort of poetic justice if you would have asked him then. Yet despite just being content with what he had done, and moving on, he went one step further, everything having become a haze at that point as he said a sentence that had perhaps scarred the child for life.

“Death’s too good for you.”

This had left the child less than a crying mess, but it was Hyperion who had fed upon that unspeakable act, a black cancer, the titan portion of him. It was when the passion of the moment had passed that he realized the mistake that had been made, the cracks od the barely held together mess grew and with it everything came tumbling down once again. No, it had been made worse by the very presence of the person that had had thought dead, wounds that felt as if they would only fester and rot. Despite that, he knew that a confrontation was approaching, but only one thing had occupied his mind at the time, as his children Fera and Shael had left him following that incident. So splitting off a very portion of his soul and naming it Jordan, he sent this portion after them, not to retrieve them but to watch after them. This portion was what one would call the good within him, and perhaps in some way he was making them to give his family a part of him they would love. In the end he had accepted he would die, destroyed by the very family that had risen against him.

So he would play the part, and die the usurper he had become. It was in this fight that he found out Raziel’s true purpose, only using him to gain the power of ultima, and then tossing him away to die like he had wanted. However that was not what had happened, and it seemed that either they did not want him to die, or it was just a means to make him suffer to expire, or even that they wanted to throw the deaths too good for you line back in his face. For a month after the incident, his body had been left powerless and crippled, he had been left absolutely helpless after his bid for power. Michael hated it, the inability to do anything, being left as nothing more than a burdensome cripple, though why they didn’t kill him was beyond Mike. Still, eventually his powers returned and with them more problems, Silus seemingly dying and his son being murdered by Raziel who had not exactly died.

Another seeming blow against Michael, who had fallen into an inconsolable depression and with it, the desire to destroy Raziel had risen more powerful than ever. So with that done, he would venture into a realm long forgotten by even the most ancient of beings, contacting an incarnation of balance itself and asking for its help. In return for that, he was sent on a long journey across a realm of darkness and eternal strife for the answer to its end. It was ten years that he ventured, and eventually he found this, scarred and battered as he was, returning with the answer to defeat Raziel and hunting down the ethereal. Despite his fatigue, he would venture into the pyramid that held the ethereal, met with the very brother he thought dead and together they had slain Raziel, though he took the final blow for himself. It had been done, he had managed to kill the one that had taken his son from him, and yet in the end he was ready to accept the price to slay a god, the balance to the power that he had obtained. Yet death was not his destiny, and with it life would go on, a primordial of chaos being the one that brought his son back to him. Another thing he could not do for him, another reminder of how powerless he truly was.

Regardless, a new threat had risen from what seemed like stability, that being Thanatos of The Abyss, and Michael went out to stop them before they could do anything to harm the fragile thing he knew as his family. Many would ask why, but he had his own reasons, perhaps penance or something else, but in the end he ventured into The Abyss. It was when Hyperion manifested before him that he was faced with the ultimate challenge and he was defeated, leaving the abyssal manifestation to take down Thanatos, and become The Abyssal one himself. Yet he did not strike out against his family, but sat within The Abyss and upon his throne, doing nothing while the realm devoured itself. Only ever leaving to wander the earth or helping his sibling Silus regain his soul, slowly awaiting the day he would fade away.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)

Corrupt Ethereal Energy: The energy he draws upon is in essence dark ethereal energy, but something that transcends the very concept. Using the power of the ultima within him, Hyperion is capable of enhancing the dark ethereal with the essence of The Abyss itself, making it an energy so dark that Dark Ethereal itself looks pure in comparison. This energy is flexible, and can be used in multiple ways, for both attack and defense. This involves creating constructs of varying size, including those in the shape of weapons, as well as barriers, blasts and many other forms. If his mind can conceive it, then he can create it with this energy which takes the form of a pure black energy with a brilliant red aura. The energy, running off of the nether within it is powered by death and the more death around the user, the more effective the power itself is

Ti'taen Ascendant Physiology: naturally, Hyperion is stronger than the average human, and even the greatest of humans. His muscles allow him to lift more, hit harder, run faster and his body can take more damage than any human. This includes lifting around 3,000 lbs effortlessly, running around 30mph and taking bullets, and other more mundane means of damage with no damage. In fact, due to his ascendant nature, his body is capable of reacting to things far faster than the average human. [superhuman strength, speed, durability, and reflexes]

Abyssal Incarnate: Hyperion is the incarnation of an entire realm known as The Abyss, meaning that his body is a conduit of the very souls that wriggle through the realm. His mind is filled with the knowledge and information of every single soul that has moved through The Abyss, and the realms that it has assimilated into its being. This leaves him with a greater hunger than any individual Ti’taen should ever deal with, as he deals with the hunger of an entire realm rather than a singular being, as well as a realm that is slowly devouring itself. The longer than it goes without devouring another realm, the weaker he becomes and closer to death the entire realm becomes.

Black Mist: A spell that rakes advantage of his nether composed by, allowing him to dissipate into a black mist.

Dark Ethereal Magic: From his time of youth, Hyperion has remembered many spells that he still finds useful to this day.
Dark Ethereal Spells:

Weaknesses
--
Silver: Silver is heavily resistant to most abbysal magics and can deal more damage to Hyperion than a weapon made of other elements.

Family: Despite the fact that he doesn't act like it often, Hyperion''s family is perhaps his greatest weakness. If they are placed in danger, he will do anything including dying to keep them safe.

Light Magic: Magics that are considered good or light tend to do more damage against him, such as holy magics and simply light magic.

Arrogance: Hyperion is an arrogant individual, and if he has power he tends to flaunt it in some respect, typically by overt displays of that power. This can lead to him putting himself into situations he would otherwise not put himself into to save his pride.

Binding: Powerful binding spells or magics that would bind a ti'taen or ethereal can hold him in pale, and even temporarily negate his powers.

Anti-Magic: His magic can be negated by methods that would normally cut down magic, leaving him with less power at his disposal.

Obsessive: Hyperion is known to obsess with things that catch his interest, and his overall personality tends to learn towards the obsessive. This can lead him to getting into situations that would possibly kill him.

Aether: Being that he is of ti'taen nature, he can become addicted to life energies, which bring him a sense of euphoria and actually weaken him as well, thus making him easier to harm.

Abyssal Incarnate: being that he is linked to The Abyss, any damage done to the realm would also be done to him. Meaning that if someone were to destroy it, he would die as well.

Vengeful: vengeance is something that Hyperion easily falls into, and this can be used to manipulate him to do any things if he is misinformed.

Aversion to cold: Hyperion has an immense aversion to cold, and even performs less effectively in the cold, sometimes to the point of seeming mediocre compared to his normal.

Magical beacon: Hyperion is easy to detect for people that can sense magical energies, and rto hide himself he would need to suppress his power to the point of being human

Black Mist: His black mist can be affected by flames.

RP Mechanic(s):
Nether Sustenance: Hyperion can feed on nether, which is produced by dying or dead things.

Death presence: Typically lesser beings like plants, insects and small animals will die by simply being within his presence. Anything that would not die would feel a certain amount of fear, like an animal facing a predator and most surfaces will be left with black residue upon skin contact, save for living things.

Hyperion's Heart: His actual heart which is hidden within The Abyss, if Hyperion is killed he will reform before the heart. If someone destroys the heart, then they kill him.
Item

The Blade of Corruption: Power(s): This scythe is made of an alloy mined within The Abyss, one that is incredibly tough and can cut through a lot of materials with ease. It has a necrotic effect upon organic material, and causes a sort of decaying effect upon cutting. Weakness(s): The blade is less effective against things such as holy or light magic, and is frailer when defending against it.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
1.Endurance
2.Strength
3.Reaction
4.Agility

Last edited by Mike the Corgi on December 23rd 2014, 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Michael Atterrius - Hyperion Empty Re: Michael Atterrius - Hyperion

Post by Forceaus November 18th 2014, 7:43 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 23rd 2014, 6:16 pm

Unapproved per request

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen December 23rd 2014, 6:18 pm

Edits done, removed the guardian NPC. Changed the main character grid from minor into using all of the points in said grid.
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 23rd 2014, 6:20 pm

Reapproved

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 24th 2015, 3:14 pm

Approved.

Great weaknesses. Very Happy

-My DeviantArt-
Michael Atterrius - Hyperion JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus March 16th 2015, 4:12 am

Retired upon request

Michael Atterrius - Hyperion Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top