The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_vote_lcapJoshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_voting_barJoshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_vote_lcapJoshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_voting_barJoshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] Empty Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis]

Post by Samael Christensen September 4th 2014, 7:09 pm

Agent Nemesis
”Baby, I was born to destroy you.”

Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] Vj4odVy

Basic Biography

Renegade Name:  Agent Nemesis
Title: The Nemesis
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Medium Brown
Eyes: Chocolate Brown
Height: 6’1
Weight: 170
Blood type: 0+

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Joshua is a rather imposing individual of 6’1. He is fairly built from a regular training regimen that keeps him as peak physical condition, which includes an overall toned body. His medium brown hair is usually kept in either a messy or slicked back style depending upon his mood, and when the latter a slightly generous amount of hair gel is used. When on the job, he is usually seen wearing the standard uniform for a member of The Agency, though when not on the job he prefers to wear something simple. Which when put in simple terms is biker clothing, leather jackets, faded blue jeans and wife beaters. This alone can make him come off as a sort of punk, and many assume him to be such. Peering out from within his eye sockets are chocolate brown eyes about a shade lighter than his hair and some manner of facial hair is usually maintained on his face. His body does carry a small array of scars, though none of them are readily visible save for the one on his face, though it is only a small line that trails along his left cheek, one that most don’t notice.

The Legacy

Personality:
Gruff is the first thing that someone would think when they meet the man known as Joshua Reeves. His demeanor would make someone think that he has no interest in making friend, or allies, coming off as a loner more than anything. He speaks in few words, and the words spoken are rarely wasted. Unless someone has caught his attention, then for the most part the male will likely ignore them, or regard them with one word to one sentence replies. Not that he is by any means rude, but simply doesn’t find people worth talking to, and so he chooses not to. Many speculate why he acts like he does, and few can really pin down the personality of the male, other than he is rather abrasive.

With that being said, there are times that this shell of abrasiveness can fall down and reveal a different side of him altogether. When the sarcasm if peeled away, one could see a different side of him, which is somewhat caring. While he does not take an extreme 180 within his personality, Josh is more likely to show care for someone, and to worry for them. This usually only happens to people that manage to become friends with the male, or at least close colleagues. Another time that the sarcastic demeanor can find itself falling away is when he is on the job, though the change within him is not as great, apart from him seeming to take the situation at hand seriously.

One thing that appears to get on his nerves more than anything is superhumans that abuse their abilities, and makes it more of a personal mission to make sure that they are not allowed to roam free for too long. So in that respect he hold some sort of personal belief in justice to an extent, yet he never would take the law into his hands, seeing that as being no different than being one of the criminals themselves. To that extent, he tries to avoid killing when on an assignment if at all possible, and tends to gear himself more towards the capturing aspect of the mission. Still, that does not mean he isn’t capable of killing a person if that is required, not that he enjoys taking life.

Aside from that, Joshua does not really enjoy when his accent is brought into light in a way that is meant to be humorous, well at least at his expense.

History:
Joshua was born in New Orleans, the city best known for Mardi Gras and things of that nature. His parents were rather interesting individuals to say the least, always seeming to enjoy their drink and always attending to enjoy their parties. This for the most part left Joshua without either parents raising him, and instead he found himself within the loving care of his aunt, a rather rotund woman with a heart to match. So while his parents were absent for the most part, it was his aunt that picked up where they left off, teaching him everything that he would need to know and she did not mind it, considering that she herself was barren. In essence he was the son that she never had, and she acted as the mother that was never around. Not that his parents didn’t love him within their own strange way, but they were just incapable of showing it. Either that or they just did not know how to raise one, or simply were not ready to do so. Either way his life from a young age was free of parents, and he did not mind it.

For the most of his life, Joshua seemed to cope fine. What really changed everything happened at the age of six, when one could say that everything changed. His mother was involved in a fatal car accident, one that claimed her life and nearly claimed his fathers, though he was placed within a vegetative state. It was within this time that he began to pray for a miracle, drawing upon the catholic faith that his parents still held even in their drunken ways, that if there was a god, he would not let his father die. It was perhaps a childish hope to see him spared, and to hope that someone that paid no attention to him would be spared at that. In the end however, the literal plug was pulled, and so within a small span of time, his parents were taken from him. While he did not show it outwardly, the young boy was destroyed, his perhaps fragile world view fell down atop him. It took him nearly a month to really open up, and that alone was a feat within itself, to the only person that he thought cared for him anymore; his aunt.

From that day onward, the male was never really the same, simply floating through life. Education itself was a simple enough thing to do, listening to what was taught to him and then internalizing it. However, he seemed to shun things of the educational variety, looking more towards athletics and things of the carnal variety. His own rather unique ability did not manifest until he hit the age of eighteen, when he found himself confronted with a rather interesting metahuman, one that had rather interesting strength; superhuman to be exact. However, upon attempting to hit him, nothing came of it, as if all of the energy behind the blow was simply soaked up and within an instant it was released back in a damaging pulse that threw the guy against a wall. He was hospitalized with a mild concussion, and Joshua found himself now with superhuman capabilities, that he was one of these metahumans, It was then that he began to research more into metahumans, this leading him to encountering The Agency. While the meeting had been interesting at first, he soon found himself joining with this Agency and receiving training, eventually becoming a field agent within this group.

The Powers

The Nemesis: Out of all of the suggestions that have been made about the power that this individual manifests, the best theory so far has been situational personal reality manipulation. To activate it, the male must first see a power in motion and then recognize that there is indeed an ability being used. It is then that his body seems to do the impossible, which is actually mold itself to be capable of using an ability that could counter, if not nullify the effects of this ability upon himself completely. For example if he were to be thrown against someone that wielded superhuman strength, he would find himself in possession of the ability to absorb and redirect kinetic energy. This power within itself is a conscious effort, and thus if the male were to be taken off guard by the effect of a power, then his own would not activate and he would likely be damaged by the effects of said ability. When confronted with multiple superhuman abilities, his body was react accordingly, adapting to give him multiple counters to the problems presented, albeit each separate power weaker than when replicating one. However, once he considers himself out of danger, any powers that were obtained will instantly fade away, leaving him for the most part vulnerable. Once the power has ended, his body would need a little time to cool down before using it again, meaning that if removed from a combat situation and then instantly thrusted back into one, he will find that his power may not work instantly. [4 post cool down once power stops being used before it can be used again] [level 10 personal stat boosting] [Tldr: basically allows him to adapt to the powers of metahumans he is fighting, higher dur, ect but when facing more than one power his defenses become weaker and less effective.]

Agency Training: Ever since joining The Agency, Nemesis had found himself undergoing intense physical training, allowing him a greater level of combat capabilities than the average agent, and making him useful in defeating metahuman threats.

Hand to hand Experience: From a young age he trained in the art of self defense, though his style of fighting is rather unrefined when compared to a master, usually composed of brutal jabs and grapples. While nothing amazing, it is more than enough to protect him against a common threat. This along with training offered to him upon joining The Agency makes Joshua a rather intimidating fighter when it comes to hand to hand, which makes him some what adept at dealing with armed attackers.

Proficiency with small bladed weapons: Part of his training involved the use of bladed weapons, especially those of small bladed variety. His blade of choice within this category is a trench knife, though he does somewhat favor throwing knives.

Firearms Proficiency: He is rather skilled in the use of firearms, and is capable of using them, though the weapon that he is most proficient with is a rifle or a pistol, his skills were only honed upon him joining The Agency.

Peak human strength: Though he may not be superhuman physically, Joshua is not the type to slack off when it comes to his physical health. He is known to work out whenever possible, and keeps his body at the peak of physical condition, allowing him to lift many times his own body weight, which leads to at least 800 lbs, though he can lift a maximum of 1,000. This also allows him to hit hard when it counts, compounding with his own hand to hand combat training.

Speed: Due to intense and rigorous training, Joshua is capable of reaching around 40 mph in running when pushing himself.

High pain tolerance: While he may not have any sort of superhuman durability to protect himself, Joshua is capable of taking high amounts of pain without slowing down or being impeded, though being that he is still physically human, even he has his limits. Shooting him in the leg will still slow him down and shooting him in the head will still kill him.

Peak human senses: Due to the rigorous training, Joshua has found himself even learning to hone his senses to the peak that a human’s senses should be, allowing him to see, small, and hear with a slightly higher acuity than for a normal human.

Genius Level Intellect: While he is by no means superhuman in the realms of intellect, Joshua is incredibly intelligent. He is capable of plotting out multiple strategies with little given time, surmise most superhuman abilities with scant evidence and then formulate competent counters to them.

Multilingual: Joshua is fluent in English, Spanish, French and can speak Mandarin competently.

Peak Human Reflexes: Through years of training, he has managed to hone his reflexes to the highest that a human beings could go without going beyond that.

Agency Equipment: Due to his position as a high ranking Agency field agent, Joshua finds himself given a hefty pay as well as access to high level weaponry. This can range from pistols, submachine guns, sniper rifles, grenades to even rpgs. All of these allowing him to effectively hunt down and deal with metahuman threats as they present themselves. [2 wealth]
Standard Equipment:

Grid
Intelligence: 5
Strength: 4
Speed: 4
Durability: 4
Ability: 10
Fighting Skills: 10
Wealth: 2
Spoiler:

Last edited by Agent Nemesis on October 3rd 2014, 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] Empty Re: Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis]

Post by Odien September 4th 2014, 7:17 pm

I see no problems with this application, however I am unsure on the power. You have given (what I believe to be) proper limitations, however I do not make the rules on powers. As such this will wait, pending Chelle's approval.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 4th 2014, 8:10 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen September 17th 2014, 7:26 pm

Edits made, added power points and made slight adjustments to equipment

The immortal with not enough patience for this- Adam Johnson (Vampire boi)
The Ravens Son- Samael Christensen
The Half angel/Half brother - Nathaniel Christensen
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Harbinger September 17th 2014, 7:35 pm

Reapproved.

Spoiler:
Just Harbinger

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 29
Humor : [05:53:18] Danger : Dadadadangerdyesonnace
Registration date : 2014-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Samael Christensen October 3rd 2014, 3:58 pm

Edited equipment to match with new intelligence item rules.

The immortal with not enough patience for this- Adam Johnson (Vampire boi)
The Ravens Son- Samael Christensen
The Half angel/Half brother - Nathaniel Christensen
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss October 3rd 2014, 5:21 pm

Approved again

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Joshua Reeves [Agent Nemesis] D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei October 10th 2014, 5:10 pm

Trashed upon request.

Entei
Quick Draw
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Entei
Quick Draw

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down