The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Bad Apples I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Bad Apples I_vote_lcapBad Apples I_voting_barBad Apples I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Bad Apples

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bad Apples Empty Bad Apples

Post by zyborg September 4th 2012, 9:01 pm

A man staggers around, dazed, confused, and disoriented. He looks like he went to a frat party, in his ancient Greek getup and red spandex. Heck, he FEELS like he went to one. That would explain why his feet are going against his orders to walk in a straight line, or not run into buildings, and why his head is dropping WMDs on itself. "What the heck happened last night," he wonders. "Is this what getting drunk or having a hangover feels like?" Suddenly, he felt the overwhelming urge to remove his surgical mask, and instantly had an empty stomach. "Gah, shitmonkeys." He reaches into a toga and pulls out a tissue, and wipes his mouth before replacing his surgical mask.

As his head clears, the man begins to remember. After a long day of superheroing, he - Asclepius - went home to rest. Apparently, superheroing works up an enormous thirst. Luckily, he had a huge bottle of apple juice, and decided to have some. However, he was thirstier than he thought, and he downed the whole thing. It tasted slightly off, but he thought that was because he had just healed his tongue and thought his taste buds were still adjusting. If his taste buds HAD been working at full capacity, the apple juice would have tasted more than just "off". It was completely fermented! He found out the hard way as he got really ill. He went to go lay down, and...

And what? Leaning against a building, Asclepius sighs. "Still can't remember. Well, I'm feeling better, so..." He starts walking away, then stops dead in his tracks. This... doesn't look like Atlanta. He turns around, and punches a wall. "Dammit! Where am I now!?" He looks around, walks up to the first person he sees, and asks for directions...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dale "Asclepius" Nulman -- http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t4892-dale-asclepius-nulman#63032
zyborg

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Back to top Go down

Bad Apples Empty Re: Bad Apples

Post by Forceaus September 5th 2012, 4:48 pm

That specific day of the year Sarah Milosi was down in Cumberland, Georgia which was about ten miles, give or take a mile or so from Atlanta Georgia.The population of this fair city was listed in the city survey guide as exactly one hundred and three thousand people.A number that she found to be odd considering the rate at which people are born and die in this crazy world that they all live in.Not that it really mattered all that much to her to be honest.It was their city so there was really nothing that she could about it even if she tried.Even then it was nothing even worth accomplishing so it was not anything worth trying to do.

She was in the area on a bit of a personal investigation of her's as well as possibly attempting to reconnect with an old friend who was now living in this area but the decision on whether or not she would actually do that was still very much up in the air.As of now she was checking out some stories about metahuman activity and how it was causing quite the stir in this area.In fact according to some reports they were simply disappearing for no apparent reason shortly after first showing up.This was something that certainly intrigued her and for good reason considering what had once happened to her simply for being one.

Walking through the street in a lime green shirt, a worn down pair of jeans with a pair of sunglasses on she noticed that up ahead there was something causing some commotion.In an alleyway that was up ahead people who were passing by it would take a moment to slow down and look at something that was in it before proceeding onwards with varying looks depending on how each person perceived what they had just witnessed.She was rather curious as to what it was they were seeing in there.Eventually arriving at this very alleyway herself she found a strangely dressed man in a weird mask in a seemingly distressed situation.Just as she was starting to walk towards him he suddenly turned to her and asked for directions to Atlanta.She was surprised by this and took a moment to answer."Atlanta is ten miles from here.You're way lost."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by zyborg September 5th 2012, 8:24 pm

What do these jerks want, Asclepius thought to himself. Just staring and passing without a word? Then again, they probably aren't used to stumbling supers, and have no idea how to handle a weirdo like me. Heh. He stretches his arms and back, followed immediately with a yawn. Guess I didn't get much sleep despite having gone to bed, ending up out here. He shrugs and looks around, eventually spotting a woman who actually approaches. Finally, someone I can actually talk to.

"Um, miss... do you, uh, happen to know where Atlanta is?" When she responded that he was 10 miles away, Asclepius was astounded. "How the heck did I end up... ahem." He enters a heroic pose after clearing his throat, and speaks more stereotypically 'superheroey'. "I mean, that's correct, you passed the first test, young lady. Now for the next question. Think carefully, as it is the most important question you shall ever answer... How awesome am I?"

Asclepius flashes the woman an arrogant smile and winks. I hope I'm doing this right,, he worries. I hope I come across as a jerk superhero and not a creep. Maybe the wink was unnecessary. And 'young lady'... heh. She's older than me and I called her 'young lady'. At least maybe that will hide MY age...

Dale "Asclepius" Nulman -- http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t4892-dale-asclepius-nulman#63032
zyborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus September 5th 2012, 11:17 pm

Sarah had approached the strangely dressed man in the alleyway to see what was going on exactly.Based on what he was wearing she reasonably assumed that he was one of the hero types that wander the world to fight crime and other stuff though at this point in time this particular one was not acting like one.He was acting more like a drunk hobo or somebody who got way too intoxicated while at a masquerade ball or something along those lines to her.

The costumed man was now asking her about what was going on.Actually asking her where he was as if he really had no idea whatsoever."Gesh how drunk is this guy?"She was thinking as she watched his behavioral patterns.Was this guy really some would be superhero or just a weirdly dressed nutjob.For a second there even this guy seemed to think he was one before altering his behavior entirely in one instant.All of a sudden he was suddenly full of bravado and confidence as he spoke to her.Talk about a mood swing.

The way that this man was talking now was really just obnoxious."Seriously who acts like this." she was wondering in response to what he had just said.Trying to avoid rolling her eyes at this ridiculous behavior she answered his last question back.Well kind of answered it."Not sure.You seem more drunk than anything.Now answer me this if you would be so kind.What are you wearing and why exactly are you wearing it?" she asked of him wanting to know.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by zyborg September 6th 2012, 5:43 pm

"Drunk? DRUNK!? I'd be insulted if I thought you knew who I was. Apparently my winning smile didn't' impres... right, mask. Duh." Asclepius groans internally. I guess I am still a little drunk, he thinks. Thought I was over that, but can't even realize that my disguise hides my mouth...

"Anyways, do you not recognize the garb of a hero? I am the great Asclepius, hero of Atlanta." As he speaks, he makes wide hand gestures in order to appear to be trying to be impressive. "I am it's guardian and caretaker. I cure what ails the fine city, figuratively and literally. I have been granted the power to heal myself and others by my namesake, the Greek God of Healing. I need no tools nor medicines to make an injured man whole again, only force of will."

He then stops his speech to look at the woman he was speaking to with a strange glance.
"Wait a minute...Who are you who does not know who I am, and are brave, crazy, or dumb enough to come up to a man wearing a toga and spandex without knowing that I'm a superhero?" He chuckles slightly, then says, "Perhaps you too are a super? Heh heh. Well, everyone is super in some way, I'm just more super than most."

zyborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus September 6th 2012, 6:48 pm

"No I have no idea who you are.Should I though?Are you famous or something?" she asked of this guy.Sarah was really starting to wonder if this guy was insane so much as just drunk.That or this was just some kind of act.She wondered if all superheroes were like this.If they were then how are any of them even still alive?This kind of idiotic behavior would get someone killed really quickly.

The strangely costumed man had finally introduced himself to her.Indeed he was a superhero but still didn't seem like he would be a very good one.He even gave away what his powers were to her even though she was not only a complete stranger but for all he knew a threat to him.Not a very wise thing for somebody who is bound to have enemies to do.Then again maybe this guy was either very lucky or just not a major enough hero to even be deemed worthy a threat to those who would want to take out would be heroes.It could be either really or perhaps something else entirely.

When he asked for her to tell him who she was she got a bit nervous.Sarah wasn't sure how to best introduce herself.She didn't want to give too much about herself away to this strange man.The thing about his suspicion about her too being a super was rather upsetting as well.She came up with a guise to use and finally answered"My name is Norah and I just came to see what everyone was staring at in this alleyway.Honestly I didn't know you were a superhero.You looked more like some crazy drunk guy."She told him while using a false name.Norah was in fact the name of an old classmate that she had known for many years.It would do as a false name for this situation.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by zyborg September 8th 2012, 9:07 pm

This woman is weird, Asclepius thinks to himself. Going up to a 'crazy drunk' like that? She could get hurt! What if I was a mean drunk, or some thug with a drinking problem? Or some kinda supervillain, like 'Captain Barfo'? She would've been done for! I hope this isn't a regular habit.

Aloud, he comments on the same situation, but in slightly...different words. "You thought I was a crazy drunk? Why in Hades did you approach me, little girl? It's like you have a two-fold deathwish: going up to crazies and insulting supers! You are lucky I'm a super-HERO, not a super-VILLAIN, or you could've been a crater right now! But I'll let it slide, as that's just the kind of guy I am. I'm not a jerk, unlike those three..."

Asclepius points his left thumb over his shoulder at some shady-looking characters approaching. The three of them were all wearing black leather jackets with a weird red symbol on the back, but that was their only similarity. One was built like a globe with giant arms, legs, and an equally-round head attached. His leather jacket, red tank-top, and blue-jeans were straining to contain the form of this ballooning behemoth. He appears to have gotten his shoes from either a circus or a bowling alley. With his size, shining bald head, beady eyes and squashed-looking nose, he would appear to be a joke - if it weren't for his bulging muscles in his arms and legs. He slams his enormous ham-fists together to show that he is ready for a fight, and the clash of his brass knuckles create sparks.

The group also contained that man's polar opposite. He towers over everyone, even with his hunched, slouching stance. In contrast, he appears to be a skeleton with skin. His leather jacket hangs on him, way too small for his height yet way too large for his skinny frame. Underneath, he wears a fancy black shirt that hugs his body, and dress-pants more appropriate for a formal gathering than a back alley. In contrast, his tennis shoes appear to have seen better days. His black fedora hides his hair and eyes. He pulls out a billyclub, and menacingly strikes his other hand with it.

The man in the middle seems to be their average. He neither appear large nor small, merely 'normal'. It is hard to tell if he is wearing something under his closed leather jacket, but not one thread peaks out from beneath it. His black sweatpants share the same red symbol as his jacket on both legs. His running shoes have velcro instead of laces. He takes his baseball cap off, sweeps some stray brown hairs away from his blue eyes, and replaces the cap, before speaking.

"Hey, you," he exclaims. "You don't have our permission to be in this alley! You have to pay a fee to use it!"

Asclepius tilts his head in confusion. "Who are you supposed to be?"

"I'm Johnny S. This is Bones, and the big guy is... uh... Big Guy. We're the famous gang known as the Crimson Spidermonkeys, and this is our turf!"

"Uh," Big Guy asks stupidly, "When'd this become our turf? I didn't think we had any t-"

"Shut up," Johnny S. interrupts, as Bones facepalms at Big Guy's idiocy. "Now, pay up!"

Asclepius looks at the three 'gang members', then at Sarah, and starts laughing. "Hahaha, that's a good... wait. You are serious? Pffff... HAHAHA! Did you even look at what I'm wearing?"

"Yeah. Red spandex and a toga. You must be one of those rich crazies... er... 'eccentrics'... from one of those parties that I heard was goin' on."

"... What. Nobody takes this seriously. How can nobody tell I'm a Super?"

zyborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus September 9th 2012, 4:24 pm

"To be honest you kind of seem more like some theatre performer or something else that's ridiculously over the top at entertainment than a superhero.Or is this just a required part of the job?" Sarah asked of the guy barely able to not laugh at him."Even if you do have great powers you just do not seem like much of a threat to me.Might explain why I'm not scared at all."She informed him for it was completely true.Unfortunately she would not much chance to elaborate any further.This conversation as is was being interrupted by the sudden arrival of three men who appeared to be thugs or gangsters based on the way they were dressed and acted towards them.

There were three of them and they were an odd trio indeed.One was short yet burly to the point of looking like a boulder while another was completely different by being tall yet skinny to the point of being a tree.The third who stood between them was average by comparison to these two oddly shaped guys.Each wore jackets with corresponding symbols on them that suggested that they might be of some gang and that was their symbol upon their clothes.If they were then perhaps they were armed.As such this was not something that she was interested in having to deal with.Not if it mean't having to use the powers that she possessed in order to deal with these guys.It didn't help that the street that she had been walking down when she found this guy in this alleyway was now alot less crowded than it was before.It was practically deserted in comparison to what it was like mere minutes ago.

Then again she had an idea for a potential solution to this little issue.Since this guy was claiming to be a superhero Sarah figured that he could deal with these thugs all by himself.If he was what he says he was then surely he should do as such.She had been listening intently to the conversation that was occuring between them all and responded to it in a fashion that would work well for her."Well then perhaps you should show them that you're a superhero.Maybe that'll convince them and maybe even me too.What do you say huh?Are you going to do so?" she asked of him waiting to see what would happen next.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by zyborg September 9th 2012, 8:15 pm

"Thanks for the vote of confidence," Asclepius says, "but I'm not sure I should be defending you, after all those ins-" A blow to the gut interrupts his complaints. Big Guy had thrusted his enormous right arm into Asclepius' stomach. "Now," Johnny S. asks menacingly, "you would like to hand over your money, am I right?"

"Ow, ghrghle... bluh... that hurts, you jerk! How would you like it if s- OW!"

Another sentence interrupted by the globular gangster, this time to the head. "Would you cut that out already? I'm trying to talk here!"

"Bwuh?" Big Guy eloquently asks. "But what the? You should be down by now!" He redoubles his effort, and pounds Asclepius' face bloody. After Asclepius falls, Big Guy looks at Sarah. "Yer turn..."

"My turn? Thanks," Asclepius says, standing up and wiping the blood off his completely uninjured face. "I'm not much of a fighter, but if you are willing to give me a chance, it would be rude of me to refuse." He takes a swing at Big Guy's stomach - and is surpised when not only the hit connects, but Big Guy goes down as fast as he did. The not-so-gentle giant crashes with a loud thud, his body rippling.

"Wh... that wasn't even a 'heroic' hit! What kind of wuss are you?"

Meanwhile, Bones had disappeared in the commotion. A billyclub is nudged at Sarah's back, trying to get her attention.

zyborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus September 9th 2012, 11:41 pm

Sarah only watched as this so called superhero was getting the holy hell beaten out of him by these thugs."So much for being a superhero." she thought as she watched this beating that was occuring.That was up into the point when she realized that he was somehow taking this beating and still standing.Well at least he could take a beating.She had to give him credit for that even though it seemed like he was incapable of doing anything to stop that beating.

Sarah really did not want to have to fight these guys for that would most likely require her to use her powers which would mean having to take the risk of having them exposed which was of course not something she was interested in doing.Even though she was trained in martial arts she was not that strong and was a bit rusty because it had been awhile since she last practiced.

Then again it looks like that would not be the case.The hero was actually showing himself as one.Well then maybe he was actually telling the truth about being one.In a moment's notice one of the thugs was knocked to the ground with a single swing.She watched to see how these guys would respond when something nudged her in the back.Turning around she saw that one of the thugs had somehow snuck around and gotten behind her.Sarah cursed at herself for not noticing this."Stupid careless idiot." she thought about herself.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by zyborg September 13th 2012, 4:52 pm

Something's not right, Asclepius thinks to himself. I may be stronger than average, but throwing a punch isn't exactly one of my specialties. And he's the gang's dumb muscle! I expected him to take more than a single punch! Either he's...

"Now will you gimme your money, or does your mommy have to get hurt?" Johnny S. grins evilly, as he gestures over at Sarah, who at the moment just received a friendly poke from Bones's club. "It would be a shame if my clumsy friend here accidentally hit her, wouldn't it? And don't try anything funny. I doubt you are a... 'super', as you call yourself... with any powers that can help your situation. You'd've used them by now, right?"

"You know what," Asclepius complains. "You know what? You guys suck. Your friend here seemed to be saying that you don't belong here. You choose territory that could be another gang's, choose a Super as your target to rob, and then you pull this? The way I see it, there are two possibilities with this hostage situation. The girl could be working for you - which makes sense, as she approached me the same way you idiots did, not even considering me to be a threat. Or, you don't get why I would let a Norm hang with me. If I thought she was in any danger from you clowns, don't you think I would've gotten her to safety?"

"Gh... I'm serious here, idiot! Bones is gonna - you know what, nevermind. Bones, clobber her a little - just enough to show him we're serious."

zyborg

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus September 13th 2012, 11:10 pm

Sarah was a little irked by this situation.She was already annoyed with herself about having let one of these damn thugs sneak around and get behind her.That one line said by that thug about her being this guy's mother just invoked her ire.She did not need the reminder of her days as a mother.She had kept away to keep her beloved son safe even though it hurt her to do so.

"There is no time for that."She was having to yell at herself in her mind.This little issue needed to be resolved.She took a step away from the guy that had got behind her and was planning on just running for it the first chance she got.This hero's wellbeing was really none of her concern at all and certainly not worth endangering herself for.

Sarah listened to what Asclepius was saying about what he thought was really going on here.He was really starting to seem upset about not being regarded as a hero.She supposed that being one was actually somewhat meaningful to him.She didn't have time to ponder on as to why this might be.The thug behind her had just been ordered to attack her by the other one that was still conscious.Sarah acted quickly.As the thug swung with the club she swiftly dodged aside and struck at his wrist, her energy hidden from his view by her hand to ensure that not only was enough damage was done to make this thug drop the weapon the instant she struck his wrist and she hid the energy well enough to make sure nobody noticed with the combined positioning of both herself and her hand's movements and precise timing.Immediately afterwards she moved back to create space from this guy.

Upon having finished with that little issue she turned her attention back to the hero and addressed him."They don't think you're an actual hero or really anything worth their trouble.If you're really a superhero then putting a stop to crooks like these should be part of what you do.So do it and prove yourself for what you say you are."She told him hoping he would follow through with taking care of these guys.She was still planning on running for it but wouldn't mind seeing him take care of these guys."Also just so you know I'm not with these guys.I don't pal around with people like this."

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top