The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Santo Dorado
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:45 am by Cerek

Top posting users this week
Arcana
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThe Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_voting_barThe Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern

Post by The Nekromonga March 5th 2022, 10:40 am

Dabbler controlled the battlefield as best she could, zapping one lioness cleric as she came barreling at her, eliciting a growl of pain. She used her portals to gently evacuate Alexis, while Sage doubled down on defending and counter attacking. They find a spot on the far side of the throne room, to help their fellow.

The Clerics recognized the threat Argus suddenly posed. Smoke bombs were tossed his way, as the healthier females swiftly came in to rescue their injured companions. King Nagoyo had been sprung from his cell in the dungeons and had the temerity to return wearing his military uniform, acting like a restored king right away.

“Kill them all! I demand it!” The man shouted, pointing at all the soldiers who were complicit in his overthrow. The Clerics prepared their staves and spears.

Ndwandwe, having been watching the fight go on. He had only one idea in his mind to preserve the lives under his responsibility. “Wait! I know you. Mufasa. My father saved you. Many years ago.”

“So, the pup has been hiding like a coward. Yes child, I am he your father had saved… and now I come to settle my honor debt.” Mufasa expressed his displeasure at the trickery, as his Clerics readied their weapons to attack the current king.

“No more fighting! I… I, Ndwandwe, son of Nagoyo, hereby invoke the Ritual of Challenge for legitimacy!” He stood and said to Mufasa, causing him and the lion folk to change their stance.

“What are you waiting for? Kill him! End him! Do as I say!” Only Nagoyo was unmoved. They had the advantage in his mind, they could kill most of them, all these traitors and enemies.

Mufasa growled at Nagoyo. “I have saved your life already, that you stand free again in your ‘throne room’ my debt is settled. The Challenge has been invoked. You as king must answer it.” The old man shrinked from Mufasa’s words and presence, taking a step back.

“Fine. You’ll be my champion, Mufasa. Now kill that ungrateful brat!” Nagoyo commanded Mufasa, impatient and barely willing to abide by the rite.

“I accept…” The Lion Man grinned at Nagoyo. “…But, the princeling also has a right to invoke a champion. However, I see he surrounds himself with treacherous sorcerers… No foul sorcery may be used in the ring of honor, only steel and skill may decide this ritual combat!” He growled; his feline eyes set on Argus Black. The bloodlust in Mufasa was palpable, though it was clear he also believed in a code.

“That is a very convenient rule.” Sage said mockingly, finding the exclusion of magic entirely stupid... of course, as manipulator of elements, it was biased against her. Sage unraveled the metals woven into her robe, using those to prepare a neck and head brace for Alexis to keep her from moving to much. Dabbler ported a sofa over Alexis to sit, then the witch plopped on the sofa.

“You done goofed now, angry knife cat!” Dabbler said, putting her arm around Alexis to steady her, while feeding herself some jalapeno popcorn from her hat. Sage decided to remain standing, eyeing down the female cats opposite of the room.

Ndwandwe had now witnessed how Argus had defended himself from the Clerics. “…Mister Black, I do not wish to add to my debts, but… I see you too are not what you seem. I ask humbly, will you be my champion?”

The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 2582
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lion, the Witch, and the Intern

Post by elephantlord March 5th 2022, 9:23 pm

Things moved around Alexis beyond her ability to understand.  It was only by virtue of her connection to her distant computer that she was able to remain anything approaching cognizant.  The sad fact of the matter was that her computer was often limited by Alex's squishy meat brain, as it was the sensor it used to interpret the world.  When that sensor was damaged, it had to parse what signals it could and make extrapolations.  

These it fed back to Alexis, who struggled with her own muddled thoughts.  She felt ties of connection to the people around her, to the emotional bonds she had formed.  In this weird half conscious state, she could practically see them as luminescent threads forming a network around her.  

The computer replayed the audio in her head.  Dabbler was next to her, holding her like a giant stuffed bear.  On a sofa?  And was Dabs eating popcorn out of her hat?  

Alexis tried to move her head as well, and found it was in a brace.  Well, this wasn't great.  Finally, she whispered for her computer to repeat back to her what had been said.  Her head hurt; she wanted an ibuprofen tablet the size of a Buick.  

She had blown it, she knew.  In going for Niao, everything had devolved.  Now, Mr. Black was being forced to fight this giant death koala instead of the General simply being tossed in the nearest unmarked grave.  All because she had failed him.  Alexis felt a pang of self-resentment in her stomach so fierce that she nearly vomited.

That Lion man seemed like he could rip apart a rhinoserous if his peak was up.  And they were going to put an old man against a superpowered warrior meta?  Alexis could let it happen.  Not again.  She still remembered the burn of the psychic tear when Candlebrand was killed.  Her was Dabbler's grandfather, for the love of Christ.

Though she tried to subvocalize, her words came out instead as a soft murmur.  "Computer, plot firing solution on General Nagoyo."

...Firing Solution Plotted
...Align Arm and Weapon as Indicated

Her vision swam as an overlay appeared in her vision.  It was like a green spectral hand holding a pistol.  Carefully, she raised her arm so that it aligned as the computer plotted.  A pistol appeared in Alex's grip, though her hand shook due to the concussion.  

Alexis would not fail again.

Last edited by elephantlord on March 5th 2022, 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Motivational Expansion)
elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 105
Job : Pharmacy stuff
Registration date : 2022-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Argonath Belzenlock March 6th 2022, 7:43 am

Argonath would have been very annoyed at being ignored, if there hadn’t been a relatively good reason for it. The previous king Nagoyo decided to rear his ugly head, make his presence known and demand for all of their deaths. Something that most definitely was not going to happen. Lord Belzenlock was very capable of killing every single person in this room by himself, and with only minor difficulty. That difficulty of course would come in the form of Dabbler and possibly the Sage. The first for her strange healing abilities and the second because it was never a good idea to underestimate a dragon, especially an earth dragon as connected to their element as she was. That was all conjecture and not what truly mattered though. No, what mattered was this blundering fool’s son decided to call for a challenge of some sort. A ritual combat to decide who was the true king, At least that is what it appeared to be.

The Lion Man, Mufasa, was chosen to be Nagoyo’s champion. This revelation, although not at all surprising, still earned an eye roll from The Lord of the Damned. A true king would fight their own battle, they would stand up to any challenge and overcome it despite the hardships placed in front of them. King Ndwandwe disappointed Argonath even further when he practically begged him to be his champion. With a sour look he was tempted to tell the young king to fight his own battles. To prove he truly was worthy of the throne that he had been gifted. By Argonath himself no less. However, this Lion man interested the forgotten god. First appearances showed him as an honorless assassin. Sneaking in under the cover of guards and trying to behead his prey while all were distracted. Yet, his conviction on this fight showed that perhaps he had more honor than the snake he showed so far.

Stepping forward the illusion around the old man’s cane would dissipate first, shimmering and flickering out before revealing its true form. That of the legendary Blackblade, the chosen weapon of Lord Argonath Belzenlock himself. Made of pure blacksteel, the strongest metal in all of Gienus and magically enchanted so that it would never shatter or break. This ten pound, 90-inch double-edged straight blade sword was one of if not the sharpest blades ever forged; and the old man was wielding this greatsword in one hand like it was nothing. “I accept your challenge. What rules other than no magic should I know?” He spoke looking Mufasa in the eyes before hearing Alexis mutter something under her breath and raise an empty hand in a pistol grip. Time seemingly slowed down for the God as his body moved, creating a shockwave in his wake.

The average speed of a bullet when fired from a pistol was about 1,700 miles per hour and Argonath’s top speed was about 2,301 miles per hour. The War God moved just fast enough to place himself in the line of fire. The bullet striking into the back of his illusion of Argus Black. The illusion shattered and snapped apart revealing the true form of the God of Destruction. Where the once regal and refined, but elderly, form of Argus Black stood was now a ten-foot tall winged demon of a man. The bullet struck his back and fell to the ground with a clatter. “As much as I appreciate the initiative Miss Lovelace, I can handle myself.” He growled out, back facing her, his front still towards Mufasa. “Speak your piece, Pride leader and know that you stand in the presence of a God.” As he spoke a wave of destructive energy washed out from him, destroying every surveillance camera in the room. No need to reveal his true form to everyone just yet.

OOC:
Spoiler:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lord Argonath Belzenlock, The Blackblade
Experience Sheet
Argonath Belzenlock
Argonath Belzenlock

Quote : "This World, it's so different. So new. It too will fall. All will Bow to Agnorath."

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2018-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga March 6th 2022, 10:24 am

Cronch cronch cronch gulp. Dabbler was about to grab another handful of popcorn when Alexis suddenly shot at Nagoyo and Argonath body blocked it, moving so fast as to make an extremely loud boom that made Dabbler’s ears start ringing.
Nagoyo fell on his ass and was made speechless and held in absolute awe. He could not say anything due to the terror that filled his heart. Even the Clerics were taken aback, as they tended to the lionesses Argonath had wounded.

Dabbler yanked on Niao’s sleeve and signed her that it was time to enact “secrecy policy”. Sage rolled her eyes but agreed. Sage raised rudimentary earth walls from the floor, to block off the many wounded and incapacitated from seeing the battle any further.

Mufasa grinned. It seemed he may have found a worthy foe. He removed many of his own protection trinkets and pouches, carrying only his large knife and an empty hand, as per the duel’s rules. However, something that might cause Argonath concern was his mane braids were kept by silver hair ornaments, not to mention his empty hand had silver bands on his wrist. “The fight is to surrender or death, as it is the highest dishonor to deprive one’s tribe of warriors and leaving it weaker. The Pride, before pride… as they say.” He laughed, delivering a most appropriate pun. “Well then. Let us stand at three paces, and the battle shall begin!” He explained excitedly. Mufasa was a brutal warrior, going in swinging with his massive blade, but his hand was also defending or trapping or disrupting. His attacks maximized his wild strength and speed, with respectable skill.

Dabbler rubbed her chin over something, and poofed over to the Clerics, who promptly brandished their spears at the witch. “Hi! Don’t worry, I’m not here to fight you. I’d like to ask you some questions.”

“…What do you wish to know?” They responded, surprised that this sorcerer also knew their language.

“I mean… about this ritual.” Dabbler explained, then expounded on the politics on the matter.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.

Back to top Go down

Post by elephantlord March 6th 2022, 11:48 pm

Alexis Ada Lovelace was convinced in times like this that the narrative of her life was one of showing her exactly how much of an idiot she was.  She heard the report of the gun at the same time the air seemed to break.  Mr. Black had been standing before her, but it wasn't him.  He towered over her, his wings stretched like a horizon.  Alexis beheld his might unveiled, and trembled.  

The targeting program Alexis had cobbled together was made from two-parts military surplus, one-part Dance Dance Revolution.  Originally she had been trying for something that would make her better in a fire fight, but had given up on the project when she discovered it took so long to plot a bullet's path.  Plus, it was really demotivational when the program shouted out the same prompts the original game.

...BAD!

The tremble in Alexis' hand had thrown off her aim.  When she had squeezed the trigger, the computer calculated the alignment of the barrel as being 23% to the left off center.  There was a dotted blue line showing that the path of the bullet would have gone past the General and embedded itself in the plaster.

Not that Alexis registered any of this.

There was a demon standing before her.  A demon that had just stood in the path of her bullet and said he appreciated her initiative.  Alexis' head swam.  The concussion did not help.  It was all she could do not to vomit.  She had just shot her demon boss in the back and he had appreciated her for it.  

Alexis needed to lay down.
elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Argonath Belzenlock March 9th 2022, 7:53 am

The fight was to the death, or to surrender. A way to not deprive the tribe of one of their warriors. Honorable, and something Argonath could understand. A king would already be deposed due to the actions of this fight so there was no reason for the champion to also lose their life. “I agree, but let us raise the stakes of this fight even more. Not only do I fight as Ndwandwe’s champion but if I win I become the leader of your pride. If I lose, you become the leader of mine.” He replied to the lion of a man, removing his own armor and clothes. Dressing down until nothing but pants remained. Making a show to remove any ‘jewelry’ that had been on his person. Even if that jewelry had been created with the illusion of Argus Black. He could feel the waves of nausea washing over him from the silver Mufasa adorned and knew this would not be as easy a fight as it should have been because of it.

There was not much time to contemplate this weakness as once he was ready and standing at the requested three paces the beast attacked. His blade came swinging down forcing Argonath to defend. His own greatsword meeting Mufasa’s, pushing back against the lion man. The tribe leader had considerable strength, much more than that of a mortal man. It was impressive and yet another reason why the Blackblade knew he wanted them to work for him. It was nowhere near the power of the god’s own strength, but it was still mighty impressive while he was being affected by the amount of silver and the proximity of it. Pushing back the lord of the damned moved himself out of the blade lock, spinning his greatsword in one hand before rushing forward and sending a diagonal slash at the other warrior.

Argonath Belzenlock was not just the God of War he was also the greatest warrior his home dimension had ever seen. He had fought since his creation by the First millennia ago, honing his craft and adding to it as time went on. It was not a boast to say that no mortal, god, or otherwise had ever come close to being his equal in the field of battle. He was a tactical genius, could innately understand fighting styles, new inventions of war or battle, and mastered fighting styles in seconds. This Lion man would never hold a candle to his battle prowess, and his strength and durability were not even on the same level. This fight could easily be decided by one blow from the God but there was no honor in that. Mufasa expected a fight, believed he was on the same level as his opponent. So, the forgotten one would let him believe this. If only for a moment or two before showing him how wrong he was. To make him see that he was nothing compared to Lord Argonath Belzenlock.

Experience Sheet
Argonath Belzenlock
Argonath Belzenlock

Quote : "This World, it's so different. So new. It too will fall. All will Bow to Agnorath."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga March 9th 2022, 8:44 am

THE DUEL

The lion took no surprise nor offense at the man discarding his trappings, and perhaps exploiting Mufasa’s own code, he too discarded his head braids and armor, to reveal an unsurprisingly scarred body. They fought, and wild aggression turned to measured balance of offense and defense, the lion man realizing he was fighting a truly formidable foe. Their first round of exchange resulted in a deep cut into the lion’s torso, his reflexes the only thing preventing it from being immensely lethal.

He inspected the blood on his hands as he clutched his chest wound. “Hehehe… strong… so strong… I LIKE IT! MOOOORE!” He virtually shouted, taking a deep breath as the wound quickly clotted, preventing further blood loss.

Flashes of crimson vehemic energy seemed to envelope Mufasa, as his muscles visibly expanded further. He roared a mighty, deafening roar at Argonath revealing a silvery fang. He leapt, charging even faster, going in on his flank to strike with a stronger blow than before, and also to trap his sword hand, as he reached in to try and deliver a vicious bite on his collarbone to perhaps hamper him somehow. It would be a deep and vicious attack, as he attempted to rip away a chunk of flesh.

DABBLER
By quickly picking up on their language and developing a surprising rapport, the Clerics obliged Dabbler’s questions about the lion folk. Satisfied, she returned to Sage and Alexis. In the interim, Sage quickly prepared a soothing tonic, one that was breathed in – it had a minty quality to it, meant to soothe Alexis’s ache.

“So, you won’t believe this but, this isolated tribe of lion folk claim to be descended from the ancient Axum empire, and they’re not aware of all the modern nations in Africa! They still think kings rule the continent!”

“…You really needed to confirm with them that a ‘rite of kings’ is no longer valid in this time period?” Sage retorted, already having her suspicions on the whole thing. It was some kind of farce on the part of the old king, having this ace up his sleeve against potential rivals. Still, Sage watched the battle intently, noting Argonath was holding much back.

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by elephantlord March 9th 2022, 4:22 pm

"One of the disadvantages of Isolationist policies is that you swiftly lose touch with the rest of the world. But then, I guess that's entirely the point," Alexis said, inhaling the minty analgesic.

Alex felt it take the edge off her pain but was glad it did not dull her senses. She was keeping her eyes fixed on Argonath and how he moved. Even with her time perception dialed down he was hard to watch. The combatants moved so fast. It made Alexis sick to her stomach in realization of just how far out of her league she actually was.

All of her talk about being an asset to the company and bringing value to a struggling organization was useless in light of this. Why was Mr. Black even bothering with a company? He could probably take North Africa on his own before anyone had a remote chance of stopping him.

The thought gave Alexis pause, for she realized that she did not possess a clear view of Argus Black, or whatever his name was, or an idea of what his actual goals might be. After all, someone who could fight like that should have been well known on the world stage. The only reason why they wouldn't be, or why they might hide themselves and start a business in a remote region like Somalia, was if it was a problem their might alone could not solve. You didn't send Atlas to organize your filling system, after all.

So how did Alexis fit? Was the Steelheart recruiting pitch just a way to grab whomever they could? Alex knew she wasn't anything special, physically. After all, what did someone like Mr. Black with all his power need with someone like her? She was a failure, anyway. She kept failing; over and over again. She was so worthless.
elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Argonath Belzenlock March 10th 2022, 8:11 am

The lion man could heal quicker than the average human. Much quicker if the wound clotting almost as quickly as it was given was any indication. That was to be expected, there had to be something other than his obvious increased strength and agility that would make him the leader of this pack. The obvious practically psychotic bloodlust and enjoyment in his own pain or the strength of his enemy (perhaps both) was not expected. Fighting those afflicted with madness was never easy or fun, their unpredictability could be an annoyance. Like for example the crimson energy that seemed to spread out around and envelop the beast, increasing his muscle mass. Did he get stronger the more enraged he got? Or was it his own injuries that made him stronger? A bloodlust of sorts, like a battle rager. Fueled by their wounds and the heat of battle.

Something to consider for a later fight. For now the God of War watched as the pryde leader leaped over the ten foot tall demon, an attack that was his undoing. It mattered not how skilled of a fighter you were or how dexterous. When you lept in the air like that you commit yourself to your current course of movement. Unless you could fly there was no changing direction. Argonath’s off hand shot up to grab Mufasa by the scruff under his neck. One handed the forgotten one intercepted the lion, using their momentum and his strength to slam him into the ground. An act that would have disabled or disoriented most foes. Mufasa however was coherent, or crazed, enough to deliver a bite to Lord Belzenlock’s still outstretched left arm.

Now, usually that would have simply resulted in Mufasa breaking every single one of his teeth. They would have shattered against his nigh unbreakable skin. As it were, the one silver tooth was enough to cut deep into Argonath’s flesh. The other teeth did not go as deep but the presence and proximity of the silvered tooth was enough that they pulled away, the golden almost molten ichor flowing from the god’s wound. A grimace of pain and surprise was the only indication the destroyer let show that he had been in fact harmed. That was too much. This beast had made him bleed. No longer would this farce of a fight continue. His honor and pride would not allow it.

Looking down at the lion man on the ground, he would go to lift him up with his left hand. Attempting to grab him by his fur and skin, his clawed fingers digging into Mufasa’s gut and heaving him into the air. The Blackblade would be placed under his neck in a show of might. One snap movement and the head would be cleaved off. “Yield Mufasa. Lest I deprive you of your head and your pride of one of its warriors. I want you alive to lead my new tribe in my name.” He spoke, looking the lion man in the eyes as they slowly started to lift into the air. Another precaution, one meant to show the tribe leader that he was outmatched, that if need be Argonath could break through the ceiling roof, raise them up into the air as high as need be at speeds reaching mach three and then test the age old saying that cats always land on their feet. This was not even a fraction of his power, and he wanted the entire room to know it.

Experience Sheet
Argonath Belzenlock
Argonath Belzenlock

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga March 10th 2022, 8:58 am

Getting hit in the head hard seemed to clear Mufasa’s head more than it harmed him. He attempted a wrist unlock to free himself, but found his strength had not yet intensified to match the dark god’s. Pragmatism won over his blood lust. “Sometimes. I cannot tell what I seek more- battle, or a glorious death. I see you have held back until I drew blood… to continue now would … spell an ignoble end… but if I follow you, I shall know glorious battle like never before.” He laugh-growled at Argonath.

He raised his hands sideways most dramatically, and let his vicious war blade fall to the ground in defeat. “Very well. The descendants of Ancient Axum are yours, if battle shall be mine. Then one day, one day! when there is no one left to fight. We shall have our most final legendary battle!” he said with a grin. He was making a promise he was most definitely going to keep.

Nagoyo, who had been stunned into silence until now, cursed out Mufasa. “Damn you! Damn you, you worthless feline! All your power and you yield??”

“Silence! the Rite is done! Accept your defeat and cede to your son’s rule! or be slain where you grovel!” The Clerics held Nagoyo at spear point, making him cower against the wall.

Ndwandwe approached within ten feet of his father, looking at him with sadness and pity. “Father, please. You have no more cards to play. Please, please. Give up. Let me arrange a house for you back in mother’s village. Live in peaceful exile. Trouble Mister Black no more.”

He shot Ndwandwe a remorseless glare. “Weak! Until now you are weak! You do not have what it takes to make the necessary choices! You will be nothing but a puppet for them! I REFUSE YOUR KINDESS! YOU ARE NOT MY SON!”

Ndwandwe made no response. He was a good son and a good man, which in turn made him a weak king. Dabbler was enjoying the drama too much and kept masticating her popcorn. “Whew! This is shum intense family drama unfolding! Come on Niagara! Don’t you have anything else up your sleeve? Is Kimba the white lion over here all you got?” Dabbler taunted the king.

Sage though, was more intent on the confrontation between the lion and their employer. He had noticed that Argonath had relieved himself of everything above the waist, and that Mufasa had only managed to draw blood when he bit down on him. Sage took note of this development, and pondered to make a throne room of metal for the dark god later on.

Sage focused on treating Alexis. After the inhaled tonic, she prepared some gold acupuncture needles to help her relax, washing them over with some alcohol. "We'll need to relieve some of the pressure in your head and neck..."

“Ndwandwe. You must sentence your father now. Imprisonment, Death or Exile.” The Clerics commanded the young king.

“…Exile. Exile. I am no longer his son, and this is no longer his country.” He stammered, sounding half unsure, but it was enough.

At the sentence of exile, Dabbler got out of her seat, flexed her fingers, and stood before the twice disgraced former king. She stared him down with malice in her eyes. “Alrighty-rooney. Exile it is. Off the top of my head, maybe a one-way ticket to the middle of the Sahara. Or the Pacific Ocean. Or the top of mount Everest. Anybody have any other suggestions?”

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by elephantlord March 10th 2022, 5:52 pm

"Ghana," Alexis said, her voice cutting in.  With effort, she raised her hand to forestall the acupuncture.  What she wanted was a fistful of ibuprofen and rock to hide under, but no amount of pain or shame would prevent her from doing her duty.  

"Send him to Ghana.  General Ndwandwe is wanted for Crimes Against Humanity.  The Hague completed the pre-trial some months ago, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.  Ghana has a prisoner transfer treaty set up with the International Criminal Court.  All we need do is drop him off with their police force and let their government sort out the mess."

"King Nagoyo, your father did many terrible things to his own people.  He annexed a quarter of the country he was sworn to defend.  He executed thousands and sought to rule over those that remained without a thought to their welfare or freedoms."

"Sir, I know you are kind person, but you are a King now," Alexis slowed down her perception of time and rapidly began to read a slew of 'what makes a good king' quotes to say something classy and inspirational.  She made no bones of being a ruthless plagiarist, after all.  

"To be a King, to be a leader, is about being of service to others, not to oneself.  To let feelings of compassion rule you rather than what is wise or just is the same.  Your every thought, your every breath must be turned toward those you serve."  Her eyes flicked toward Mr. Black, Dabbler, and even Niao at that.  She felt a dagger of shame pierce her heart.  That had been a little too close to home.  

"Justice flows from your hand like water to your people.  They cannot heal if that man who was your father is allowed to remain unpunished.  However, his crimes are not crimes against Puntland alone, but crimes against all peoples.  He forsook the sacred charge he was entrusted with and decided to feed his own vanity and hunger.  You did not dictate how the crown came to your hands; be it by the will of someone more powerful or simply a stroke of destiny, it doesn't matter."

"The only choice that you now have is whether to act as your father did - to put your own vanity and wants over that of your people.  Send him to Ghana.  Let him face what he has done.  Close the wound, heal your country, and let your father where the 'crown' he has made for himself."

Alexis leaned back against her chair.  She gave a little grin at Dabbler, and then adding, "And in closing, don't be a dick."
elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Argonath Belzenlock March 14th 2022, 7:56 am

The cat yielded. As expected. Argonath was pleased with the outcome as it gave him access to the lion’s pride as his own, but a small part of him was disappointed. He had wanted to see if Mufasa’s boasts were true. They did claim that when the world was conquered and there was no one else left to fight that he would turn on him. That they would have one final glorious battle to the death. To decide who truly was the greatest. Lord Belzenlock already knew the answer to that question. He was the greatest. He was the God of War. He was the destroyer. The Forgotten God, Dis Pater, The Blackblade, The Steelheart. He was eternal and unrelenting. He had already conquered one dimension before he had been cast out, this one would be no different. In the end all would kneel before him.

The ‘argument’ between ‘King’ Ndwandwe and his father was of no consequence for Lord Belzenlock. He had won the stupid ritual fight, Ndwandwe was still his puppet ruler, what happened to Nagoyo mattered not. His mortal lifespan was too short to enact true change or consequence. If he was not killed here he would die of old age in a couple years. At least Argonath assumed; it was hard to quantify mortal perception of time when you lived outside such silly restraints as aging or dying. That the boy king chose exile over death was expected and disappointing. Showing once more that he was too soft, exiling a previous problem would only allow that problem to relocate somewhere else. Give them time to plan and come back with  a vengeance. A situation Argonath knew all too well.

He had just been about to inform Ndwandwe how foolish his decision was, and perhaps kill Nagoyo himself. Destroy the man’s entire body, let it turn into ash and make the boy king watch. To harden him to the realities of the world, show him just how insignificant he truly was. That all the presumed power he had was an illusion, gifted to him by a God. This course of action was stopped by one of his own speaking up. The speech that the one called Alexis gave was acceptable. Wrong on the account that a king, or ruler, should serve those beneath them but it was aimed at convincing the soft hearted boy king. Thus, the speech was acceptable, passable. It did what it intended to do. Convince him that by exiling his father to this ‘Ghana’ he would no longer be an issue, and would be serving justice. A nice wrapped up little bow on the issue, and Ndwandwe would not have to deal with it anymore. Pathetic.

As he finished putting on the last bit of his clothes and armor the ten foot tall winged God nodded his head. Turning to face the ensemble group as he cast his disguise self spell, his form shimmering once more taking on the form of Argus Black. “Ghana it is then. Dabbler dispense with the foolish former ruler. This issue has gone on long enough and we still have things to discuss. Preparations to make, and injured to bring to doctors or healers.” His sword once again disguised as his cane, he leaned forward on it. “Well. What are we waiting for?” As he spoke the wall that had been hiding the onlookers and everything else set up for their defense from the cat folk attackers was slowly destroyed, disintegrated down into nothing but ash.

Experience Sheet
Argonath Belzenlock
Argonath Belzenlock

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga March 15th 2022, 1:58 am

Before Argonath disintegrated the wall, Dabbler complies with Alexis’s and the war god’s decision. She looks up Ghana online and begins to charging up, her whole being crackling with energy. Opening her long-distance portals were always so dramatic, as a hole in reality ringed by a cotton-candy like nimbus of pinkish-purple energy materialized in the throne room giving a view of the interior of a fairly clean detention cell. In Ghana’s capitol, Accra.

Nagoyo attempts to resist, feebly, but was lifted up like a petulant child be the lionesses.
“Good bye, Dead beat dad! Don’t expect us to write!” Dabbler bid the king a mocking farewell, as the lionesses toss him through. Dabbler closes the portal and gave everyone a cheeky thumbs up, before resuming her humbler Samantha guise.
Once things were in order, Mofasa recovers his belongings and approaches Argonath.

“When the time for battle comes, or perhaps you simply wish to see Axum, we shall be in a hidden Oasis in our ancient holdings. This will guide your messenger through the desert.” He produces a silver pendant and holds it to Argonath with a knowing grin, before tossing it to Sage, who catches it mid air and places it neatly at her belt, sealing it up inside a lead lined metal box.

“Let us return home.” He commanded, and his clerics obey, naturally. The Lionesses offer their respectful farewells to Argonath and company.
Once the wall was down, the soldiers had naturally evacuated their wounded fellows, fleets of makeshift ambulances coming to take the wounded away.
DABBLER

“I’ll look after the wounded! Come on, let’s get you looked at. I got a message a delegation from Doctors Without Borders just set up camp downtown. ” Dabbler simply announces her intentions, personally pushing Alexis along in the wheelchair towards the makeshift van converted into an ambulance. She is helped by some lightly bruised young soldiers into the van.

Samantha looked at Alexis, handing her a book she’d pulled out of apparently nowhere, her hat camouflaged by her illusion. “Since you’re now in deep, I suppose it’s time to get really acquainted with the boss. This’ll be a nice read while you get better!”

= = =

Once the lions had left, the ministers were let out from their shelter by Ndwandwe, who had opened the blast door and called them up. Reluctantly they obeyed, and gathered once more in the palace’s meeting hall. “Shall we call it a day and resume tomorrow?” one minister asked.
Sage was accustomed to trouble like this, and did not bother to empathize with their fears. “We will finish one more topic then dismiss. Sit down.” She said, her imperious draconic presence manages to cow the ministers.

Sage’s assistants also return and work the laptop, projecting her plan once more. A satellite view of Garowe was put on. Highlighted was the existing national road cutting through down town, and a second proposed one on the southern outskirts.

With the aid of the projection, Sage assembles an earthen mock up of the city, right there on the floor. It was not terribly accurate, nor did it need to be. It wasn’t about the city but the highways.

“Your highway cutting through your city, treating it like some neighborhood road is unacceptable. To facilitate our future activities, I have decided it will be to our benefit to begin the new highway. It will have easements, and a strictly enforced no build zone within forty meters of it, on both sides. It will accommodate future infrastructure such as trains.”

The transmuted metal road winded around the mock up model of the city, and ended near Argonath’s feet. It was unintentional, as Sage cleaved to estimated accuracy, but she was not one to apologize for misconstrued gestures. She met the god’s gaze for just a moment, then looked away and quickly disassembled the road once she had made her final points. The wide highway was another piece of the grand plan; a massive, cleared highway that could carry commerce unimpeded today will likely be trod upon by conquering armies tomorrow. Every project, every plan, had a dual purpose. Especially the massive ‘pillars’ that served as some monument.

“Ninety days henceforth, I want this entire area evacuated and demarcated. It will be a proper highway, not made a playground for children and farm animals. All residents and businesses are to be given equal amounts of land in the nearby development zones. Replacement homes and places of business shall be erected.”

The councilors as usual, eyed the proposal with hesitation. It was much better than attempting to forcefully widen the highway that cut across the city center. Sage’s solution of cutting through the town southern outskirts would affect only a scant few dozen households and small businesses. “We will send notification to the land owners in the affected areas, madam.”

However, the old minister of public works was skeptical. He addressed Sage, respectfully. “Madam. Your proposals are good on paper. But I wish to elaborate the means of how you will achieve it, besides your formidable abilities. Are we to invest in more advanced technology then?”

“You mistake advanced technology as a necessity for civilization. Enriched as the government is, due to my PERSONAL efforts, you will not squander this money on importing talent and technology. You will learn to utilize what you have, what you know. I have been approached by university students with simple and ingenious clay-cement formula using what we have here.”

“Madame, it is a matter of supply chain of cement and other building materials. And also, skilled manpower. You already have employed massive numbers to make mirrors for the solar towers.”

“Then I shall segue into one other topic I was to tackle today, as it is tied up with my plans. I am changing the entire section on incarceration in your penal system. We will dismantle the prison system over time. Starting this month with 100 volunteer inmates to live on site as workers hence forth. I will teach them in seven days, and then I will teach another group.”

“Madame… these are not merely political prisoners but actual criminals – convicted thieves, terrorists, frauds and murderers and so forth. What is your plan?”

“I am implementing a… work-education release program to solve two birds with one stone. Your atrocious prison system, and your manpower shortage. I will not mix the hardened criminals with the non-violent ones, but they will all learn the mixture of clay brick– your arid desert land may seem desolate, but provides an abundance of sand, and we will bring in sea water and the ash lime and additives. I say put them to work, let them earn grain and time off their sentence for each day they make bricks.” Sage thought about other incentives. “Perhaps some beer as well for excellent behavior.”

The public works minister spoke with the justice minister, sharing words seeing as their departments were now going to overlap. What Sage was suggesting was nothing short of exploiting prisoners for labor. Other ministers said it was actually a good idea. While a few underhanded officials would enlist a few talented prisoners for private favors before, the real concern was Sage was going to make it policy – and that meant they were not going to profit or benefit from it.

Ndwandwe himself chimed in, once he had calmed down from the events of the day. “I will agree with it on principle. Steelheart’s construction works need people, and they will be for the benefit of the city. But, make sure the conditions are humane.”

“And before you ask, not the common bricks that make crude huts. Mine will let you build three storey structures without needing rebar, or strong roads capable of carrying trucks, cutting your material requirements down. Now, do as I say, you can learn as an overseer or learn as a clay maker. I have said all I needed, good day, ministers.”  Sage concludes her presentation and departs the palace, as the ministers convene one final time.

ACCRA, GHANA

A sleeping inmate woke abruptly when a man had suddenly appeared in his cell and shouting at the top of his lungs. This new inmate was some older gentleman in a military uniform, sweating profusely.
“Let me out! Let me out!” Nagoyo pleaded, gaining the attention of the much better equipped and trained staff at the prison. Nagoyo fell to his knees, feebly hammering at the bars. “This is not happening. This cannot be!” He said, swinging between crying and laughing. That witch’s laughter was all he could hear in his head now.
“Alright, who is making that noise over here… HOLY!” The prison guards were taken completely by surprise at the sight of a wanted warlord appearing in their lap. They open the cell and cuff Nagoyo, to take him away to be interrogated, and later, tried by an international court. The world, if it cared, would be informed of this development – strange and unlikely as it was.

((WORDS: 6166 EXP: 12 LOW: 166 ))

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
Talona
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by elephantlord March 16th 2022, 9:53 pm

If there was one thing that Alexis hated more than anything, it was leaving meetings early.  Oftentimes there would be proposals discussed that you might have opinions on, and you could give no input into them.  Even more than that, the change to gossip and connect with coworkers was invaluable.  It was valuable networking time, after all, and a great way to form connections with the disparate elements of a workplace.  

That being said, even Adjunct, with all her corporate brainwashing, could not bring herself to stay with a concussion.  Though the physiological effects had dulled somewhat, it was better to be safe than sorry.  She did not resist when Dabs wheeled her out to the van, and even thanked the insane young woman when it was done.  She glanced down at the book, tilting her head to the side.  

The book's dust cover was a rather flattering depiction of Argonath with his shirt half undone like some model from the cover of a trashy romance novel.  Yeah, this was pretty on brand for something Dabs would give her.  Alexis let the book fall to her side and stared up at the roof of the van, trying to process all that happened.  

It had been a day.

--

And so did mighty Argonath Belzenlock, his pectoral muscles flexing with the thrill of victory, say unto the cowardly Lorasil, 'Lo, thou thinksest thou art Chad?  Nay, churl!  Thou art not but a beta!'  And so saying did he hold aloft the Blackblade, moisture glistening off his muscular form.  Destruction lit the blade with a baleful flame, the doom of peace woken.  

Yet, the God of Cucks said unto Him, 'Nay, for I have brought forth my greatest Stan, and thou shalt knowest thy doom in thy final hour.'  The Stan glistened with anticipation.  The Champion of Peace cried out, his body moist with excitement.  'For the sake of Gienus I banish thee, Lord of Woes, for thou art too Chad for this world!'  And so saying did the Champion ejaculate his war cry, and strike the mighty God upon his head.  

Argonath laughed, his teeth flashing with pearlescent splendor, his brow flexing magnificently.  He raised up his lordly chin, and said unto the Champion.  'Thy blow is weak and your arms puny.  Dost thou even lift?  Witness now as I righteously pull thine whole ass off!'

Yet, the great Steelheart, his confidence unbroken by these lesser beings, was betrayed!  For though the Champion was indeed weak and puny, the sword had been ensorcelled with a most weaksauce enchantment.  The blade cut the tiniest droplet of blood from the Warrior Supreme, and it spent the mighty, handsome god's doom.  For even the least drop of his blood contained enough to rival the power of a thousand suns!  

The cowardly blade tainted the immortal power of the Blackblade, and sent the most virile of the gods into another dimension.   The last thing the dashing Lord Argonath heard was the high-pitched giggles of the God of Peace, giddy with victory.  

Alexis didn't know precisely when, but sometime around Mr. Blacks... well, Argonath's journey she had manifested a bag of popcorn and munched.  It was a terrible novel, and she'd read some stinkers before.  Yet, the underlying story of the betrayal and ultimate defeat of the Lord of War filled Alex's heart with a strange compassion.  

It was not the same, of course, to compare what he had gone through with what Alexis had.  It was like comparing a duck to a dragon.  Argonath had spent centuries being slowly pushed out of a world he loved by a people who could not see that endless peace also meant endless stasis.  Change, even violent change, was sometimes necessary to overthrow a people or system that had become corrupt.  

Sometime earlier in the decade, Alexis had been in her home state of Nebraska.  She remembered sitting with her father in the bed of his truck and watching a grassfire roll over the plane as they sat in relative safety on the highway.  It moved faster than Alexis could run, and the scope of it was mindboggling.  

Argonath had been like a wildfire - cutting out the old grass so green shoots could grow in their place.  Something to be relied upon and respected, a function of the world.  She wondered what became of the Gods of Death or Disease in that world of his, 'Gienus'.  Did they too succumb to Lorasil and were banished, too?

It was a lot to take in, frankly.  Empathy with a being that was considered evil by a great many people wasn't exactly new to Alexis.  Empathy was her power, really; empathy and connection.  After she read the book and considered the subtext, she felt... bad for him.  She yearned for him to go back to his home and kick all their asses.

Not that she would say anything to him about it.  He was a God-Dragon-Demon thing, and Alexis was a duck.  A pretty worthless duck, at that.  Maybe... maybe if she were stronger, she could talk to him about it?  
---

Along with the now incarcerated General came a bevy of paperwork about the general.  Alexis had nothing but boredom and time again, and further increasing her high score on Angry Birds had little appeal.  Besides, Dabbler would feed her feet first into a woodchipper if she got any further ahead.

Documentation turned up involving letters of introduction to the President of Ghana, the World Court, and others.  They proclaimed that the wicked general had been overthrown by his peace-inclined son, who was even now beginning talks of reconciliation with the other parts of Somalia.  

That was just the PR line, of course.  It was ultimately up to Lord Belzenlock as to what he wished to do with the country.  Now that his identity had been confirmed, Alexis suddenly understood why he had been going about things the way he had.  

And so, true to her code name, Alexis began to act as his Adjunct - facilitating his desires as his proxy.  It was the only way she could be worthy, after all.

((WORDS: 5599 EXP: 11 LOW: 99 ))
elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Argonath Belzenlock March 17th 2022, 4:43 pm

The old King was dealt with, the Cat people left after giving Sage a silver pendant that would allow travel into their desert oasis, and Dabbler led the wounded out towards the arriving ambulances. The wreckage that was the meeting they were supposed to have could once more begin. Probably with only enough time for one more topic, and Argonath knew what he wanted the topic to be on. It seemed the Steel Sage also agreed that the meeting should be continued, intimidating the ministers to take their place at the table and sit down. What he was not prepared for, and truly should have been, was for her to take charge of the final topic. She began her proposal in earnest, leaving no room for negotiation on what would be discussed. A tactic the Steelheart could respect as it was one he used quite often but, it was not how he wanted this to end.

Despite that he stood and listened to what she had to say. Watching the presentation she gave on the new highway she wanted built, how it was going to be built, and who was going to be the ones building it. Sound proposals, easily implemented and would be light on the budget. The only time his attention waivered was when the metal crafted street ended by his feet. A raised eyebrow was the only indication she would receive that he had noticed; his eyes not leaving hers until she herself looked away. An unnecessary reminder that she could perhaps damage or kill him at any time with her transmutation magic. Could turn the very room they were in or the ground they walked upon into silver. The only material in two dimensions that could bring him actual harm. A fact he had not forgotten and never would.

He was very aware of what his ‘employees’ (see underlings) could do. A good and smart ruler made themselves aware of the capabilities and weaknesses of those that served beneath them. Lest they one day decide to turn their gifts against their master. Of all those in this current world that worked for Argonath Belzenlock, the Earth Dragon was perhaps the easiest to convince to work for him and also the one he had to watch out for the most. She would never try to take over as ruler, content instead to sit back and build for any Empire. Wanting to build and create the things that would last for generations. No true ambition for the throne herself; but there was the simple fact that if she decided he was not worthy she would not hesitate to act.

Her history spoke for itself. Her abilities made her a powerful ally and devastating enemy. While the young Dabbler had her strange healing abilities and those portals, or Alexis had the interesting ability to bond with almost anything and develop gifts based off of those, or the Vampire-Mimic; none of them were any threat to Argonath Belzenlock. He could dispose of each of them easily. In fact, he could even kill Niao with ease, if he were able to keep her off the ground and away from anything metal. That ‘condition’ however was what troubled him. Or, would trouble him if he truly believed she would turn on him. The God of Destruction, Fire, and War did not see that as a high possibility however.

Her speech and proposal to the ministers was proof of his reasoning that she would not betray him. She craved the creation and advancement the position provided for her; there would be no betrayal from the Steel Sage as long as she had new projects to implement. Her idea to use the prisoners as little more than slave labor was unsurprising to the Forgotten God. It was no different than how he did things back in his home dimension. Sure, the ministers and earth dragon wanted it to be ‘humane’ and offered ‘good solutions’ to provide for the prisoners, but the concept was the same. Use the criminals of your society and your enemies to do the jobs your own people did not want, or could not do themselves. “Sound proposals both. Steelheart Industries will implement them promptly.” Argus Black spoke with a nod to Ms. Niao when she finished, before she turned and left. “I suggest you get on board very quickly, Ministers, young King, the future and civilization is coming to Puntland and soon all of Somalia. I would hate for you to be left behind. Meeting adjourned, good day.” With that ominous ‘threat’ and pleasant dismissal out of the way the CEO of Steelheart Industries used his cane to help walk him out of the palace and to his waiting car.

((WORDS: 6351 EXP: 12 LOW: 351 ))

Experience Sheet
Argonath Belzenlock
Argonath Belzenlock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top