The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMotivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_voting_barMotivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Motivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapMotivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_voting_barMotivation (Open)  [1 Week Before Red Alert] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Motivation (Open) [1 Week Before Red Alert]

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Re: Motivation (Open) [1 Week Before Red Alert]

Post by Jeannie Rose July 26th 2019, 10:38 pm

well we don't have to wait for the crime to happen, we can catch baddies that already did stuff before they do bad again. she pulls a big book labeled jeannie's big book of bounties,and starts looking though it.

right where are we again? i can find us some that's wanted here to look for. bounty huntings better than regular crime stopping.

you get moneys for it and do something good, plus if it says dead or alive you don't have to worry about killing dire it's perfect for you. even though they are easy to move when there alive. you can help to grandpa that mind stuff might come in handy for finding stuff.

Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 2488
Registration date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Troggy July 31st 2019, 3:37 pm

Doctor Feelgood, Former Tv-host, fledgeling hero and occasional pub trivia quiz answer was somewhat taken aback  when the young woman decided to ask him to teach her the way of the Jedi. He had been accused of being many things during his rather eventful life, but nobody had ever compared him to a Jedi before, much less accused him of being one. He chuckled and shook his head slightly.

"Sorry to dissapoint you, man, but I'm like, totally not a jedi. Those are from the Star Wars, right? My kid was like, totally enamored with that when he was young." he said with an apologetic shrug, his manner of speech rather slow and laid back in comparison to the rapid-fire dialogue of the young woman. She was something of an oddball to Bob, sort of a child in an adults body or something along those lines. Nevertheless, she seemed to have her heart in the right place, and even though he was hesitant wether it was morally right or not to team up with the likes of Dire, he wouldn't have any moral dilemmas regarding his eventual team-up with her.

"Sorry sweetie, finding somebody with telepathy isn't like in the movies, y'know. I can recognize people's brainy waves or whatever, but I need to know them from before." He said hoping that it would be enough of an explanation. He really hated movies that included telepathy, because it was always the same thing. Some dude or dudette sitting around grimacing a bit, and then stuff happened. In real life it was a whole lot complicated than that.
"It's kinda like recognizing people by sight. You need to know what they look like and stuff before you start searching for them" he explained, hoping it would clear things up a bit before leaning back against the wall lazily, adjusting his sunglasses slightly. for a moment it dawned on him that he had become one of those jerks that wore sunglasses indoors, and he couldn't help but to give a short giggle-snort before the thought faded.

"But I could do a sweep of the city, like, look for people in distress, that kind of thing. It's a bit of a crapshoot, cuz it could be like, something trivial or whatever. But still, it's better than just mucking about aimlessly, yeah?" the balding hippie offered, looking at the pair for their opinion of his suggestion. Perhaps one of them had a better crime-detecting-mojo they wanted to try
Troggy
Troggy

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2019-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose July 31st 2019, 4:17 pm

oh i see so your like the bald guy from x men, yay we can play x men then cause i'm like wolverine she listens to the old guy explain his brain thingyoh how interesting wonder why they get it wrong in movies

maybe you should make one then to set everything straight,so like a rader yeah your sweeper thingy sounds like a good plan. even if it's only a chance it's nice you can control it, i get feelings about place sometime or like see a place or person in like a dream. but it's random when it happens and sometimes fuzzy on what i'm supposed to do.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : crazy but that's how i roll
driving everyone else insane
i'm the conductor of the crazy train Smile

Job : universe's greatest bounty hunter
Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by Troggy August 2nd 2019, 8:08 pm

"Aw, man! Do I have to be the bald guy from x-men just cuz I'm bald? Totally bogus, man!" Bob mumbled a bit indignantly as the woman prattled on about how she got to be wolverine just because she happened to have more or less the same powers. It wasn't fair how she got to be the coolest one, just because they were like peas in a pod! Bob may not have the build, head of hair, mutant powers, claws or head of hair needed, but he did have heart, and heart counted for quite alot in this business! Then the true reason for him getting to play the bald telepath-guy dawned on him. "Oh, the telepath-thing. Yeah, like, I totally get it now." he said cheerfully, the big grin returning to his lips.

He slowly sat down on the ground, slight popping could be heard rom his old-man knees, and he let out a muffled elderly groan associated with sitting down after reaching a certain age. Then our hero took the standard meditation-pose, closed his eyes and started to scan for difficulties. He sensed a multitude of people, all going on with their various lives, sure some fo them were feeling bad, but there was nothing that Heroing would solve. Maybe it was time to give up for now, but then he hit the motherload. A large group of minds in near-frantic panic about a block from their current position.

"Got one! This way!" Bob exclaimed a bit too excitedly as he telekinetically hovered up from the ground, slowly turned towards the distress and flew off in that general direction, still in the "meditation pose" It was time to get dangerous! He was a bit worried about whether or not Dire would fly off the handle, but he'd cross that bridge when and if he came across it. Besides, Dire might be able to keep his less savoury urges under control. In a way the woman was the far bigger problem. She seemed to have the attention-span of a eight-year old hopped up on enough sugar to give Godzilla diabetes. He simply had no idea about what to expect from her at all. But on the other hand bountyhunting was a very dangerous profession, and she was still alive to talk about it, so there might be more to her than meets the eye. At least he hoped there was

((Dire told me to post ahead. I'll leave it up to the two of you to decide what manner of challenge our heroes encounter))

Troggy
Troggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose August 2nd 2019, 10:50 pm

giggles amused by grandpas reaction to her x men idea she then watched amused as he did his magic old guy thing.

he looked kind like one of the old master monk guys from kung fu movies. yay adventure time! she follows him as he floated away then gets a idea wanting to float to,huh if he isn't a jedi maybe his a wizard whatever he was jeannie found him entertaining flying piggy back ride! she hops on his back so she can float along too.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : why so serious ? seriously just cause we have to face life threatening danger on a daily basis don't mean we can't have fun with it ,instead off oh no we're doomed be like me and think gee wonder how i'll survive this....oh you don't have heal powers well you might not find the evil deathtrap as amusing i do then

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire August 27th 2019, 7:34 pm

Dire watched the two wackjobs interact... Because that's what the both of them were. He wasn't too sure how he felt about the hippie dude, but he knew that Jeannie was also a ridiculously powerful wackjob that he needed to be careful around. Her methods were reckless, but not too reckless to not love her to death. They were technically married. He smiled at that when the other man began... Floating? Strange, but he'd seen stranger.

"Meet you there." He said, teleporting to where hippie-man was floating to.

When the three of them arrived, they found something that was very strange. They didn't find some crime... Well, I mean they did find some sort of crime... But not a crime that was like... In the act. The distressed brainwaves that the hippie dude was picking up came from a young girl, no older than 15, sitting in the middle of her living room with a bloody knife in her hand. All around her was her dead family. She had stabbed and killed all of her family members... All except the little newborn baby. There were 5 bodies total. Two adults and three children.

"Ohhhh… Man, that is NOT cool."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Theme Song
Dire's App
Dire's New Powers!
Details
TheDastardlyDire
TheDastardlyDire
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "CSSH. I'm not unstable, just obnoxious, over."

Number of posts : 614
Job : World-Class Mercenary
Humor : So a hero, a renegade, and a villain walk into a bar...
Registration date : 2016-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Troggy August 27th 2019, 8:18 pm

"Hey, No killing!" Bob shouted at Dire before he teleported away. He really hoped that he wouldn't go librarian-poo before he had time to intervene. The problem in this situation was just how unpredictable the man was, he just couldn't get a grip on him. This really bothered him, partly because it made it difficult to work with a loose cannon like that, but mostly because Bob wasn't used to it. One of the downsides of being a telepath was getting sort of spoiled when it came to the motivations and actions to those around him he guessed. It was his own fault for relying too much on this 'crutch' He couldn't help but to swear under his breath

Bob homed in on the mind of the people he had sensed a while earlier. it wasn't far, not even a mile, it wouldn't take much more than a minute to reach them if he hauled some ass. Hopefully he would be able to get there before things started to heat up. However, he was distracted by a sudden shift in Jeanies mind as he leapt towards him. even though she was behind him, he could feel her mind move towards him literally. Reflexively he put up a telekinetic barrier around him, bouncing her away before she managed to make physical contact

"Woah, man! Totally uncool! Y'cant like, you know. Jump on people!" he chastized her as he hovered upwards, trying to put some distance between himself and the young woman. He had a whole speech ready, but he was distracted before he had time to make it. One of the minds had dissapeared. That could only mean someone had died, or were very heavily sedated. Even sleeping minds were 'blips' on his mental radar. For some reason he wasn't too optimistic about this

Heavy! Someone just died over there. Mind just went out. he exclaimed frantically, as he increased his speed as much as he was able, racing over there, leaving Jeannie to her own devices. He could feel them go out, one by one. This had just gone from bad to worse. when he arrived, his mood sank even more. On the bright side, Dire did not seem to have anything to do with the murders, in fact even the former villain seemed to be in a sort of mild shock. Bob hovered up and landed on the balcony, gasping audibly as he saw the bloody murder-scene inside the apartment. The presumed murderer was sitting there, radiating distress, and even though her deeds sickened him to the core, bob could not help but to pity her somewhat.

He started by pumping out as much soothing calm as he could, trying to make her feel blissfull and sleepy. Hopefull that would calm her down enough to stop her from taking any ill-adviced actions. Hopefully it would be enough to subdue her, but just to be safe he put a telekinetic forcefield over the baby, thus keeping the infant safe from its crazed sibling
Troggy
Troggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose August 27th 2019, 9:45 pm

hey not cool grandpa jeannie annoyed falls on her butt when she got bounced of, when she got up she noticed the old guy floated off without her and dire did that blinkie thing he does.

hey wait for me! no fair you guys think your so cool with your special fancy ways to move around

lucky the grandpa had a old man after shave smell that was easy to follow. and the fact she was a good runner helped too.
adventaly she catches up to the boys.

when she got the she was at first comcaly obvious to their messy surroundings, she holds her finger up to tell them to give her a minute to catch her breath. she was quite irritated at them leaving her behind and her having to run all the way there. and was going to let them know it.

hey that was mean leaving me behind! also you could just said you have personal space problems instead of force bubbling me. but at least we just meet so you have a excuse for leaving without me,

but dire you know i can't fly or teleport or cool stuff like that, your supposed to take me with you if your going to teleport to where we are going
she then sticks her tounge out at them.

hey what's that smell this place stinks, jeannie then notices the dead bodys and girl with the knife, really why do her and dire always end up in such odd spots to gather.

they somehow ended up in lizzie borden's living room. oh hey there sweet? think maybe you could put scary knife away then we can have a nice chat about why you living room is full of corpses?

jeannie was a bit shocked and sad they seemed to late to save the day she hated that. but hopefully they could calm the girl down before she hurt anybody else or herself.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire September 20th 2019, 7:58 pm

Dire looked between the two highly optimistic characters behind him and couldn't help but laugh at them. They were two of the most dysfunctional heroes he had ever seen in his life. It was just the way it was though... Jeannie was technically not a superheroes in some people's eyes, and the old guy was obviously either just bad at it or rusty at the hero deal. He needed to get back into it...

Those statements were all true, but not the reason he was laughing. He had actually laughed because he was about to have a P.T.S.D fit. He had been a part of a child terrorist attack and it sent him to the metahuman prison. He was beaten, abused, and had to leave a couple of friends behind when he broke out... Not to mention the stress it put him through after not killing the kid, leaving thousands dead because of one kid. He still, after all that time, couldn't put a pin on how to properly handle the situation... If there even was one.

"no... NO! Get away!!! I'lll…. I'll cut you! All of you!!! Someone... SOMEONE SHUT THEM UP!!!" She would shriek.

Dire would gasp, for some reason, he knew what was going to happen next. He dove forward, putting his hand between her head and the knife, but it wasn't enough. She plunged the knife through his hand and her own skull, ending her own life. Dire would wince, pulling his hand and knife away from the girl, flopping her to the floor face first while Dire cussed under his breath. Getting stabbed hurt more than he remembered. Way more.

Dire sat, panicked, "She-... She just... I--I tried... I... Wh-..."

As he did that, there would be a swarm of dark black bug-like things that would crawl out of her head and begin crawling out of the window. Dire would sit wide-eyed and curl up into a ball exaggeratedly.

"I'm sick and tired of this hero shit..." He would chuckle to himself.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Theme Song
Dire's App
Dire's New Powers!
Details
TheDastardlyDire
TheDastardlyDire
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose September 30th 2019, 8:34 pm

jeannie goes to check on her friend hey it's ok buddy you tried your best to save her,huh think we should fallow that buggy thing and maybe squish it,it might be what made her go nutty,so we should stop it before it wiggles into someone else head.
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Troggy October 11th 2019, 12:33 am

Bob vinced slightly as the carnage unfolded before him. However, it all happened too quick for him to act, not to mention that there was something 'off' with her mind. She wasn't thinking the way regular people thunk so he couldn't predict her actions the way he usually could. This was one of the few times he even considered just how much he realized on his telepathy. At some level it was inconcievable for him, as despite it being a superpower, he had had it for his entire life, and he come to rely on it just as much as anyone would rely on a sense, such as touch or sight. It was both frightening and sobering.

"Aw, geez." Doctor Feelgood exclaimed in a vaugley whiny manner as everything went ploin-shaped. It was definately the understatement of the year. Their attempt at heroics had failed, and rather miserably at that

All in all he found himself surprised not only how much it bothered him that his telepathy had failed him, but also that he didn't feel quite as bad as he had anticipated when the young girl plunged her knife into her head. Of course, it was a terrible thing, but at the same time, the baby was safe, at least for now, and given the state she was in when they burst in it was quite possible that her mind was already so far beyond salvagable that they wouldn't even be able to see it with a metaphorical pair of binoculars. He felt a tinge of sympathy for Dire. He had tried his best at heroing and the result was less than stellar.

"Look, man. It wasn't your fault. Sometimes you do the best you can do, but things still go horrible. It's the less enchanted side of the life we've chosen I guess." Bob said sympathetically to the unhappy ball that was dire. He exuded some telepathic waves to raise his spirit, reinvigorate him and give him new hope and whatnot. It might give him a push in the right direction at the very least

Hoever, several teeny tiny flickers in his telepathy told him that they were not alone. In fact, as humans they were in a very tiny miniority. From the corpse of the young girl a swarm of black bug-like critters emerged, crawling towards the window. Obviously there was something very, very wrong going on here. Bob took a deep breath and focused his power as the swarm tried to make it's way up the window. He focused on a point slightly above them, and just like that he used his telekinetic vaccuum to attempt to suck them all into a ball, and hopefully hold them there until one of the other heroes could deal with it

"What in the name of Phil Terrence are THOSE!?" He asked in a slightly too loud and startled manner
Troggy
Troggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 11th 2019, 11:12 pm

eww gross yucky bugs jeannie watched him grab them in a bubblewhos' that? hold them still I'll find a hammer to squish them!

she looks for a hammer to smack the nasty bugs with
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDastardlyDire October 22nd 2019, 8:13 pm

Dire would watch as the wacky pairing did their thing. Trying to figure their way around the mess that they were in. Obviously someone was using those bugs to kill people, but they were still trying to kill the bugs... Guess that's just the heroic thing to do.

"No! Don't kill them!" He would say, rushing to his feet suddenly.

"If we follow them back to the source, we can figure out who really did this... Because there's no way there's just a bunch of really gross bugs that make people kill themselves for fun... That's just plain uncool."

He would say, hoping the hippie guy would listen. He really didn't want to have to kill somebody today.

Theme Song
Dire's App
Dire's New Powers!
Details
TheDastardlyDire
TheDastardlyDire
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 22nd 2019, 10:22 pm

jeannie stops before she squishes the bugs you sure there gross and ewwie, huh think we can follow them back? well jeannie guesses that could work
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Troggy October 30th 2019, 2:40 am

Bob waited for jean to gather up the tools to kill off the weird possessing murder-bugs, which in this case was a hammer. He had some doubts about that idea. Hammering them to death would take a really long time. Better to like, smash them all with a bookcase or table or something like that. He was about to make said point verbally when Dire exclaimed that murdering the wee buggers would be a really terrible idea, because he believed there to be some bigger conspiracy to them. Bob was not entirely too sure about this. A swarm of demonic cockroaches that possess children and make them kill themselves seemed to be a wholly legitimate theory for him. God knows there are worse origin-stories floating around out there.

"Actually, a swarm of infernal cockroaches that possess kids and make them kill people seems like a fairly legitimate sort of villain. Says a few things about the crazy world we live in, doesn't it?" Bob protested, as he adjusted his sunglasses in a cool, not nerdy way at all. However it seemed like Jeannie was already on board with this idea, so technically he was outvoted. Not to mention that the vibes he felt from Dire indicated that he would not take failure to comply very well. He may be trying to give up villany, but he definately had a long way to go if his go-to-response for disagreement and insubordiantion was violence.

"Alright, it seems I'm outvoted, though for the record this is a terrible idea. what do we do if they split up, for example? Anyways, I'll let them go in 3. . . 2 . . . 1 . . ." as he reached the number one he gently dispelled the telekinetic pull that had held them together. He focused on what passed for their 'minds' so that he wouldn't lose any as they followed them back towhere they where going.

The swarm milled about for a few seconds before resuming whatever it was that they were doing.
Troggy
Troggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeannie Rose October 30th 2019, 1:30 pm

yay grandpa liked her idea! jeannie thought smashing the bugs was the best idea cause there gross and them making people crazy kinda sucks too.

don't worry i'm the grand champion off whack a mole nobody comes close to my score at chuck e cheese, mmm we should gets some pizza after this i'm hungry,now die icky buggies! the bugs had no chance agents jeannie's super quick reflexes and are smused under a flurry of hammer blows,

jeannie smiles and holds up the hammer when she's done for asgard! she's the disappointed her hammer didn't make lightning like thors not even a spark must need new batteries
Jeannie Rose
Jeannie Rose
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top