The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Black Scythe I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Black Scythe I_vote_lcapBlack Scythe I_voting_barBlack Scythe I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Black Scythe I_vote_lcapBlack Scythe I_voting_barBlack Scythe I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Black Scythe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black Scythe Empty Black Scythe

Post by Black Scythe January 24th 2015, 11:01 pm

Devin Sparrow
Well, you know, in any novel you would hope that the hero has someone to push back against, and villains - I find the most interesting villains those who do the right things for the wrong reasons, or the wrong things for the right reasons. Either one is interesting. I love the gray area between right and wrong.

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Black Scythe
Title: "The Reaper", "Dark Angel","Light in its darkest form"
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: African American
Hair: Black
Eyes: Green
Height: 6' 0"
Weight: 171 lbs
Blood type: O

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality: Devin is usually a serious individual, although he has a good sense of humor. He is most mysterious when he is alter ego as Black Scythe, being very silent and intimidating. Devin is sort of shy around people he doesn't know, however when he puts on the suit of armor and red hood, he's a different person. Like two halves of the same coin.

History:

Devin was a trained as a killer since he was 7 His mother died from crossfire in the streets of New York when he was 3'years old. His father was in an order that trained assassins. To prevent another loved one from being lost, his father initiated himself into he order to trained in swordsmanship and stealth. The test were difficult and taxing. He had to surpass the limits of his body time and time and again. They would train until his bones snapped, he passed out, or died. Whatever came first. Eventually, when he had enough training, Devin had one, final test before he was made an official assassin. He had to sit in a dark hole, for 3 months, without food or water, and survive.nThe first week was impossible.  Sparrow sat in the dark, alone and afraid. What he didn't know was that he had a meta gene. Over the course of those months his metagene had awakened unknowingly.

Once the months had passed, he was taken from the dark hole and was brought ink the light. He was emaciated, and look like he had been shaken up. His eyes however, were stone cold. He had changed. The order accepted him as an assassin, and was given his own sword instead of a training one that was a property of the order's After that day, he was attached to the dark. Almost like he needed it to survive. He often wore a red hood to shield himself from the sunlight. He was more serious than before. One night, when he was 19, Devin was staying up real late, and was sitting in his bed when he heard footsteps creaking through the hallway. Define went to check it out, and found his father taking out his knife out of an order member's throat. His dad looked over at him. He said to him, "It has to be done."

At the time, Devin was committed to the order, he unleashed his darkness powers for the first time, and struck down his father with a black beam of energy from his hand. Sparrow knew he would be framed for killing both assassins. He fled to Los Angeles. There, he left his past behind him, and set out do good in the world. He had forged a suit of armor wore the same red cloak he had when he was a child. He decided not to become an assassin. He had decided to what people called a hero. However, his rule of killing was as strict as other heroes. He was not afraid to inflict the force and power of the blade to bring justice to the criminals. Over time, he had developed other abilities, such as night vision and teleportation. He called himself the black scythe, light in its darkest form.

The Powers

Power 1: Darkness Manipulation: Devin is able to manipulate the darkness. He can fire black energy beams from his hands, as well as through his sword. He can also fire shadow balls, or a darkness slash when he swings his sword. He can fire what would look like bullets from his hands.

Power 2: Night Vision: Sparrow is able to see in the dark with relative easy, when in this state everything would be green, like the night vision goggles from the military.

Power 3: Teleportation: Devin can also teleport over short and long distances. His limit is 5 miles(200 yards in combat and 1 Cooldown due to rp rules). It would like a puff of black smoke before he would reappear behind an object, person, or on top of a building.

Power 4: Swordsmanship: Being trained since he was 15, Devin has quite an experience with a blade, and is able to use it well in combat.

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 5
Ability: 7(Darkness Manipulation)/2(Teleportation)/1(Night Vision)
Fighting Skills: 6
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

Last edited by Black Scythe on January 25th 2015, 7:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Black Scythe
Black Scythe

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-01-24

Back to top Go down

Black Scythe Empty Re: Black Scythe

Post by Black Scythe January 25th 2015, 6:46 pm

Done.
Black Scythe
Black Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 25th 2015, 7:00 pm

You don't need the 2 points in occult. Night vision will cost 1 point in ability.

For the teleportation you'll only need to spent 2 points. While your character is in combat the range is a maximum of 200 yards. Also it has a 1 post cooldown after use.

Finally for the darkness manipulation. The more points placed into it makes it more powerful.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Scythe January 25th 2015, 7:16 pm

Fixed. Thanks for the info.
Black Scythe
Black Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 25th 2015, 7:25 pm

Just type in "1 post cooldown after use" in the part about teleportation and this app is good to go.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Scythe January 25th 2015, 7:39 pm

Edited
Black Scythe
Black Scythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 25th 2015, 7:42 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top