The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Umbra I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Umbra I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Umbra I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Umbra I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Umbra I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Umbra I_vote_lcapUmbra I_voting_barUmbra I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Umbra

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Umbra Empty Umbra

Post by Odien September 28th 2014, 1:04 pm

Matthew “Umbra” Stallone
”When you wish upon a star...it’s very likely that star exploded long ago. Get over this damn whimsical phase and do something about it yourself.”

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name:Umbra
Title:N/A
Alignment:Neutral Good
Race:Metahuman
Hair:Brown
Eyes:Green
Height:6’1”
Weight:153 Lbs
Blood type:O Negative

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
What can define Matthew? Words that I’m not putting here.

History:
In my stars I am above thee; but be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em. Others are not meant to ever be great, but rather a burden, a curse to all those who encounter them. This is the tale of one such child.

The year is six hundred and nineteen, Anno Domini. Individuals with special abilities are being born throughout the Salisbury Plain in England. Considered blessed by the Gods, these people are revered, worshipped. However, one such woman is misunderstood, feared, hated. She has powers greater than any of those who walked the Earth during her time, capable of leveling mountains within minutes, burning entire forests to the ground, raising armies of the dead on a whim. Fortunately for the people she cohabitated with, she was not a malevolent spirit, and worked for the good of the people. Unfortunately for her, this mattered not; her powers were dark in nature, and as such the people were suspicious of them.

Using her only known weakness-iron-these people bound her, imprisoned her in a coffin with metal bindings, and set it aflame. She screamed as she died, the process taking several hours, and cursed her executioner, the man who had brought about her death. His descendants would use the dark arts, and should they ever reveal it, be persecuted for their abilities.

The latest child of this bloodline was born in the early 2000’s, to two rather lucrative movie producers. He was always a little moody, but generally pleasant to deal with. At the age of seven, his powers, like his Mother’s, her father’s, and all of those tracing back to that executioner, presented. He was taught to use them by his mother, manipulating the shadows,shaping them to his every will. A movie his parents produced in 2017, “The Original Green Lanterns”, laid the foundations for how he would use his powers in the years to come-through umbrakinetic constructs.

During the Spring break of his Sophomore year, he travelled with a group of friends to Phoenix. During the time he was away, New York City was attacked by the forces of Doctor Necrodium, his parents dying during the assault. After hearing the news, Matthew was claimed by his legal guardian, and at the time sole benefactor of the Stallone’s wealth, Jack Stallone, his uncle. Very much disliking the cruel, abusive man, Matthew ran away time and time again, until Jack gave up on bringing him back. Matthew moved into the back of a library/monument to those who protected NYC, and would use (illegally) the facilities provided by the hotel next door when necessary, and stole food to survive, though he changed the places he stole from constantly, so as to not hurt the businesses.

He both feared and respected the powers that he possessed. They set him apart from others, and forced him into isolation. After an incident that resulted in casaulties, he began to abuse intoxicating substances. This weakened his grip on his abilities, and ultimately led to an HIV infection. His powers keep him from further illness, and prevent the disease from progessing, but leave him in a weakened physical state.

The Powers

Power 1:Umbrakinetic Constructs: His primary ability, Umbra can manipulate the dark around him, turning it into a form of energized plasma to be wielded at his will. Throughout the years, however, he has developed a “style” for doing so, based on the Green Lanterns he saw in film and comics, and produces items that are made of, and use, the energy. Such things as swords, guns that fire dark bullets, walls, shadow balloons, etcetera, are not uncommon for him.

Power 2:Illusion Creation: By manipulating the darkness, and throwing off the light, around himself, Umbra can create illusions in the air around him. These illusions are fueled by the negative emotions of himself and others. Despite not being physically real, the illusions appear to be part of reality and are detectable by sight, smell, taste, hearing, and through touch. They can trick the mind into believing that they are genuine, even going so far as to induce pain.

Power 3:Emotional Manipulation: Umbra has a very specific telepathic link to individuals around him. He can sense their negative emotions, most notably doubt, anger, grief, sadness, and fear. Furthermore, he can increase these emotions, and channel them to further the realism of his illusions.

Power 4:Shadow Travel: By stepping into a shadow, or just darkened area, Matthew can move his body through space into another shadow or area of darkness.

Power 5:Shadow Melding: Umbra can, for brief periods of time, merge his body with the shadows and travel through solid substances; he can also merge with the shadows, and remain corporeal, just not visible.

Power 6:Shadow Healing: Umbra's constructs fill his body when he is damaged, healing any physical harm done. Works by either covering himself in darkness, or stepping into a shadow.

Weakness 1: Matthew is terrified of his powers, especially the more nefarious ones. This doesn't prevent him from using them, but does create a host of other problems (listed below).

Weakness 2: Matthew, ironically for an umbrakinetic (but in line with being afraid of his own abilities) is a huge nyctophobe. Being without any source of light leaves Umbra incapacitated, unable to think coherently and merely a conduit of his powers. Speaking of which...

Weakness 3: When in a calm or pleasant emotional state, Umbra has a strong hold over his powers. But when he is upset in any way, that control gradually weakens. Inversely, the powers grow stronger in this state, he simply has less grip on them.

Weakness 4: Because of previous traumatic incidents that resulted in the death of others, Matthew is greatly terrified of water. Showers are fine, baths are iffy, put him into a body of water larger than that and he's going to freak out.

Weakness 5: Umbra has problems with substance abuse. There is no specific drug or intoxicant, as of yet, that he is stuck on, as he can't become chemically addicted to most things. However, he definitely has a dependnece issue, and will use whatever he can get his hands on.

Weaknesss 6: Despite the healing, Umbra still feels the pain of any damage done to him. In addition, the more he has to heal in a short period of time, the more it taxes him, weakening his control over his powers.

Weakness 7: When channeling the emotions of others, telepathically or creating their illusions, Umbra experiences the same emotions as those he is using the power with.

Weakness 8: Matthew Stallone has HIV. The illlness will not kill him, but it does leave him in a more-frail-than-usual state. He isn't crippled, but is also definitely not in peak condition, even for a normal sixteen year old.
[/b]

Grid
Reaction
Agility
Strength
Endurance

Last edited by Odien on March 28th 2018, 10:54 pm; edited 8 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Umbra Empty Re: Umbra

Post by Bliss September 28th 2014, 1:14 pm

Approved because the personality is so good.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes March 28th 2018, 2:59 pm

Unapproved for edits upon request.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien March 28th 2018, 6:24 pm

Edited powers and put weaknesses (was originally on the grid system, needed to be converted over). Fixed grammatical issues and coding flaws, restored image.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes March 28th 2018, 7:39 pm

Approved until stated otherwise.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 28th 2018, 7:59 pm

Unapproved.

Fix your title, bro.

-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien March 29th 2018, 2:04 pm

I changed it yesterday but forgot to post that I did, sorry.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 29th 2018, 5:10 pm

Approved.

-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top