The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_vote_lcapVergil Bartholomew Aiken I_voting_barVergil Bartholomew Aiken I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Vergil Bartholomew Aiken I_vote_lcapVergil Bartholomew Aiken I_voting_barVergil Bartholomew Aiken I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Vergil Bartholomew Aiken

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vergil Bartholomew Aiken Empty Vergil Bartholomew Aiken

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr July 23rd 2014, 1:30 pm

Vergil Bartholomew Aiken
The Unstoppable One

Basic Biography

Renegade: The Spectre
Title: "The Unstoppable One"
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Race: Meta-human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown/Chestnut
Height: 1,85m
Weight: 81 Kilograms
Blood type: O negative

The Looks

Vergil has clear brown eyes, together with black hair of a fair length, covering his ears but just not long enough to reach down to his shoulders. His hair is quite messy and unruly, being this way from the moment he wakes up until the moment when he heads back to bed. When people meet him, they always see his clean shaven look, as well as his hair that is always looks as if he just stepped out of bed. Vergil stands at a height of 1.85m and weighs roughly 80 Kilograms, making him a fairly tall man that stands out in a crowd. Because most people are shorter then he is, he usually has an intimidation advantage in most discussions, whether they are at making a deal, or when he is speaking to someone as the Spectre. Having a fairly muscular body due to the fact that he works out a lot, though these muscles are all hidden from site due to him always wearing a tuxedo in public, and the fact that he is fairly tall, people do not notice it as much.

Wardrobe wise, Vergil is usually seen in a black tuxedo, coming with a white shirt and a red tie, something in which he feels classy and comfortable. Wearing black socks and leather shoes, he dresses to impress at parties and during council meetings, anything requiring him to dress up all fancy, showing that he is a wealthy man that knows the meaning of the word "Class". This particular suit was made in England by one of the most expensive tailors in the world, delivering only the finest suits to the richest of the rich. The Tuxedo was a gift to him from his father and the council when he was appointed to join the Steel Industries council, and has ever since been his most prized suit in his wardrobe.

Another piece of clothing that he is accustomed to wearing while in his own underground facility is a jumpsuit made out of Kevlar, covering his neck, his torso and his legs, keeping the arms free so he can practice his martial arts, fire new and old kinds of weaponry on his firing range and work on his new inventions without his arms being restricted by it. Even though it gets hot while wearing it, it is how people are used to seeing him when he is walking around the tech-department, or is just working on his own in the solitary basement.

The Legacy

Personality:
Vergil is a very driven man, which goes to show when he works on his Carapace, the suit he wears as the "Spectre". As a man with great knowledge in the areas of IT, Mechanics, Nano Robotics and Technology, he is constantly at work in shop located in the office building he got from his father to get him started in New York city. Despite being the head of "Steel Industries" in New York, and part of the world wide council, he spends almost all of his time in the basement, where his own equipment is running 24 hours a day. Keeping his body fit with daily exercise and heavy lifting of materials needed to enhance the suit or new creations, as well as practicing Taekwon-do, Krav Maga and having his own personal Shooting range. Due to his life long studies, he is very confident in the fact that he is one of the worlds top five most knowledgeable and skilled people in his area of work, even though the world barely knows anything about his own creation, the Carapace, also known as the Spectre suit.

Vergil enjoys socializing with people, as well as attending parties, whether they are thrown for big reasons such as anniversaries of some kind, or parties thrown by the president himself. He can always be found sexing up the ladies, sharing his stories with other important placeholders in today's business world or simply taking a seat and going on another alcoholic rampage. Being a man that loves to have a drink, he often forgets how many drinks he has already had, and can say more then he was supposed to in a conversation. Lately, this aspect of his being is very controlled due to the new Nano-bots that swim around in his blood stream, eating all the impurities that get in there. Believing that the world is not at the state that it should be yet, he uses his battle-suit and nano-bots to help him break into facilities where he steals and alters harmful information, destroys dangerous prototypes and steals blueprints, leaving people with faulty information that may force them to quit their studies while he walks out with everything these people worked so hard on, manufacturing it with his own company at a time when he believes humanity is ready for it.

Working as the Head of Steel industries in New York City, he is a very well known man among the people of New York and even World wide for his personal inventions and the fact that he is the son of the founder of Steel industries, Alexander Aiken, the man that changed the medical and the military world quite a bit. As a Businessman, he tends to joke around a bit during the conversation, but is in fact a very strict and accurate man when he intends to close a deal, as well as a man that runs his company with an Iron fist. Nothing goes in or out of the building without his say, and as such, he is well respected inside of the company and the people in the city that have to deal with him. This is one of the reasons why people gave him the nickname "the Steel fist", both because of his way of running the business, and how he negotiates and makes his deals with other companies. Believing that he needs to maintain a strong attitude towards everyone else who might try to do business with him to honor the memory of his father and the things he did for him, keeping the enterprise alive is one of his priorities, even if it means buying out and taking over smaller companies to continue it's growth.

As the Spectre, he is an entirely different person. The Spectre is an arrogant person and is hard to deal with. His suit allows him to do things the normal human would not be capable of doing, and as such earned him the right to be a bit arrogant. He believes that unlike the people who where born with powers they could control on their own, he achieved a similar form of power through hard work, years of studying and never giving up on the goal he has in mind. As the Renegade few have ever seen or heard about, he tends to break into weapons manufacturing facilities and other potentially harmful places in order to steal blueprints or even prototypes that will allow him to secretly enhance his suit again while keeping the wrong people from getting enhanced weaponry. Unlike most other super heroes or super villains that have inborn powers, his power constantly grows with the amount of new technology and innovations coming from both his company and those of others he can get his hands on. Though he is not willing to admit it, the assimilation of knowledge gives him a kick, very similar to what drugs do for a person.

The Spectre does  things in order to better Steel industries, but also to set back other companies all over the world while stealing and erasing their hard work, taking it for his personal ends. The reason behind this, as stated above, is to keep the world from getting to the point where one country becomes far more advanced than another, allowing one country to take over other countries, or worse, to let a single person become so mighty that he or she can start their own dictatorship. While a select few have tried to approach the Spectre in order to have him steal for them, he decided that the best way to keep himself on a low profile would be to stay clear of any organizations or people that tried to hire him. Despite wanting to keep a low profile, he has been doing the moonwalk when guards caught him stealing things, or taunting people to come after him, followed by him outrunning people and hiding with camouflage just to anger the people he has been ripping off. Still, he does not simply kill someone if he does not have a good reason, nor will he enter a fight over a minor inconvenience.

History:
Ever since the day he was born, Vergil has had the power to generate, manipulate and assimilate forms of energy, though this power was too great for the infant to handle, in turn slowly shutting down his body over time. It was said that before he turned five, his entire body would have shut itself down and he would either die or be kept alive as a vegetable. While known to his father and the medical team that was treating him, they thought it would be best to let the people think that it was a muscular deteriorating disease. His father, Alexander Aiken was a very influential and powerful man that was in charge of one of the worlds most thriving mechanics and robotics industries. Switching from supplying the highest bidder, he had the company work on ways to kill disease and other impurities of the human body so he could save the live of his son. After three years, the young Vergil that moved around in a wheel chair was injected with a syringe filled with Nano-bots designed to kill the disease he had, and stop other diseases from forming, and regenerating the areas that had been shut down by it. Over the next week, Vergil regained the ability to walk on his own, and his father used him as a specimen that would show the world that diseases no longer had to be the end of life, making the company richer then ever. Supplying Nano-bots and weaponry to countries that offered the highest amount of money, Steel Industries became one of the top five most influential companies of the world.

As time passed by, Vergil put his body to full use, attending home schooling, as well as Taekwon-do and Krav Maga. Starting at the age of Six, he was a world champion of Mixed martial arts at the age of Twelve, and finished high school in that same year. After that, he filled his time with studies of Nano-Robotics, Mechanics and even IT. Learning how to hack into as well as create his own servers, constructing Robots on a normal and even a miniature scale, he became one of the most knowledgeable men in the business. As the prodigal son of the man behind Steel industries, he was to become part of the council in charge of leading the company, each one of these men having their own building somewhere, scattered across the world for top notch efficiency. Being one of the luckier ones, Vergil was charged with leading the newest buildings, Steel Industries New York, allowing him to run with the other big dogs in America. At the age of eighteen, Vergil's branch of Steel industries had created a new kind of weaponry, a small device used to control microscopic Nano-bots and allow to enter a computer, overwriting it's firewalls and passwords and allowing someone to hack into anything it became attached to.

This was yet another game changing invention that allowed the worlds military easier access to other countries secrets, though it required infiltration and someone who knew how to handle the equipment. There was also a downside to the invention, seeing as how terrorist organizations sometimes intercepted shipments from one country to the other, and used these inventions for their own ends, thus keeping the war game going on. Creating specific defenses to counter their own inventions from being used against them, Steel Industries became the number one Unhackable building in the US. It was around this time that Vergil developed the Spectrium alloy by merging Tungsten, Titanium and Chromium on a molecular level, keeping it from anyone other thing himself. Knowing full well that other companies where also improving their own inventions, Vergil became all the more weary of the world around him, learning that nothing was ever as it seemed, and that the world was not a good place like some people claimed it was. As such, he took it upon himself to create a suit that would allow him to infiltrate, hack and otherwise break into any kind of terrain. This was what caused the "Mark I Carapace" suit to be born, Vergil's greatest invention ever that was a combination of Mechanics, Robotics and some of the worlds most Finest weaponry. Enhanced with several pieces of weaponry designed for stealth, a Nano-powered layer that can adjust itself to it's surroundings, activating a form of Camouflage unlike anything the world had ever seen before, allowing him to move around like a blur.

Using the new suit, he took on the alias "Spectre", while keeping himself and his company out of trouble, he would take it upon himself to keep improving his suit, and use it to make sure that if people stole his inventions, they would pay, if people made different forms of weaponry that he deemed the world not to be prepared for, he would break in, steal the blueprints and documents, and destroy every trace of it ever having come into existence. So far, he stole three of his own companies inventions from all over the world, while also working hard to keep track of every other company that had been known for creating dangerous weaponry that could mean the end of entire cities. Refusing to work with other organizations, he uses the Spectre suit for his own needs, as well as for the needs of others, making him something that lived between Super Heroes and Super Villains. He does not like being put into a box such as being good or evil, believing himself to be beyond such trivialities. Now, everything Vergil does is make sure the company keeps growing, his suit keeps becoming more powerful and make sure the world does not blow up.

The Powers

Heat Energy Manipulation/Generation: (ABI 7)
A power he was originally born with is the ability to manipulate and generate large amounts of Heat Energy. While this was originally too powerful a power to control, it was this same power that destroyed his muscle tissue and almost killed him as a child. Due to the constant evolution of his Nanites that are charged with reinforcing, enhancing and healing his body, Vergil has learned how to control this power through his Battle-suit. Using his energy manipulation and generation to power his Carapace battle-suit, he basically is a human battery that generates his own energy. He can make use of this power to block out things along the lines of EMP's and even other energy based attacks that could otherwise be used to fry his electronics. Additionally, the fact that his energy is unlike that of any other known source of energy on the planet, only his own machinery knows how to effectively process it, in turn allowing him to use it as a supplementary, a defensive or even an offensive power. While he is in fact capable of using his powers without the Carapace battle-suit, he only does so if he really has to, the energy generation being highly painful if not channeled through his armor. Stabilizing his energy generating abilities to power the suit, it is used for various purposes such as hovering, energizing, firing concentrated energy beams and the creation of barriers and force-fields. While being a simple, yet powerful ability on it’s own, it is his technology that pushes it beyond the boundaries set for it, making the Spectre a powerful opponent.

Details:

Cyber-Mind: (INT 8)
Vergil has intelligence that is significantly above standard genius level intellect. He is gifted with higher mental faculties such as a more powerful memory, better calculation skills, greater reasoning skills, and a more superior learning capacity. Because of his high level of intelligence, an individual can often come up with unique and original ideas that elevates the thinking of humanity to new levels. Enhancements made to his body through nano-robotics allowed him to enhance his mind beyond what is considered possible. The Omninites that are inside of his brain have enhanced neural pathways and receptors, increasing his already great mind with the power of technology, constantly reading the electric signals in his brain to effectively save Vergil's personality, thought process, memories and more. This means that as his Intelligence grows, the competence of his technology will grow through updates, in turn allowing Vergil to further increase his knowledge and overall intellect, making it a never ending cycle of personal growth, effectively making his brain into what is known as a Cyber-Mind. This "Cyber-Mind" grants him the analytic prowess of a supercomputer, allowing him to compute and process information at insane speeds. Aside from that, his mind is capable of storing nearly infinite amounts of knowledge and information that can then be applied in his every day life. Some of the perks gained through this are as followed. Note that all such mental powers are restricted to the level of INT Cyber-Mind has, all of these being RP mechanics that I felt more comfortable with if I wrote them down.

Details:

Grid
Intelligence: 8
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 3
Ability: 7
Fighting Skills: 3
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 4

[/list]

Last edited by Capt'n Sinnarr on July 24th 2014, 8:47 am; edited 8 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Back to top Go down

Vergil Bartholomew Aiken Empty Re: Vergil Bartholomew Aiken

Post by Blacklight July 23rd 2014, 8:46 pm

Seperate abilities require separate points to work.
This needs to be displayed like

Ability A (3) Ability B (3) etc.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr July 23rd 2014, 9:13 pm

Question: If my regeneration is granted by an item of level 8, do I need it as an ability to be functional and actually be useful?

Question 2: If my power is energy generation/manipulation (Ability 3)that powers my suit and is used by my weapons of level 8 and 7, would the attacks deal damage equal to 8 and 7 or to 3?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 24th 2014, 8:42 am

answered q1 in c-box

Q2: The attacks would do damage equal to the weapon that they are used from as the ability is working as a form of ammunition.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr July 24th 2014, 8:47 am

Fixed Everythaaang.

Spoiler:
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 24th 2014, 8:57 am

Approved until stated otherwise!
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top