The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Seamus McAndrews
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_vote_lcapDr. Vincent Ohad I_voting_barDr. Vincent Ohad I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Dr. Vincent Ohad I_vote_lcapDr. Vincent Ohad I_voting_barDr. Vincent Ohad I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dr. Vincent Ohad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dr. Vincent Ohad Empty Dr. Vincent Ohad

Post by Mondobaughn July 20th 2013, 3:04 pm

Titles: Doctor of Bioengineering, Neurology and Chemistry
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: African American
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Green
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 90 kilograms
Blood type: A+

Description: Vincent is bald, dark skinned, and very fit.  Despite the hardships he's faced, Vincent is almost always smiling.

History:  Vincent was born in 1985, the youngest child of three.  Growing up in the slums of New York was hard on his brothers—who took to the gangs—but Vincent had enough sense to avoid that life.  By the time he was a sophomore in high school, both of his older brothers were dead; the eldest shot in a gang dispute, and the middle brother shanked in prison, after being convicted of multiple homicide—vengeance for the eldest brother's murder.
Knowing his best chance of escaping life lay with the army, Vincent signed up at eighteen, and was trained as a bomb disposal expert, then shipped off to Iraq.  Returning after four years, Vincent used the education benefits granted from his term in the military to attend the California Institute of Technology, studying neurology and bioengineering.
By no means was Vincent the smartest student at the school, or even in his specific program.  But without doubt, he worked harder than any of his competition.  By the age of 28—about a year from completing his PhD, Vincent left school to further his research in cloning and memory.  Over the next two years, he managed to not only create a functional clone of himself, but also to copy his own personality and memories over to the new Vincent.
Although initially far from flawless, Vincent gradually perfected the memory transfer process.  Through trial and error (testing on his own clones, of course), he discovered that trying to share memories among more than six bodies lead to crippling headaches and bouts of amnesia.
Vincent returned to the university to complete his degrees, meanwhile simultaneously studying chemistry at another university and using his knowledge of cloning to vat-grow organs.  By 2017, the blackmarket organ business had made him a rich man—rich enough to construct a secret cloning facility in the Andes, pay off all his debts, and return home to buy his parents a house.
Being in six places at once can leave one with a surplus of time.  Vincent spent it well, traveling across every inhabited continent, visiting each major city.  As he traveled, he saw firsthand the interactions between mundanes and supermen.  Before, he had shut himself away from such things, focusing entirely on his research.  Even in Iraq, superhumans had been almost entirely absent.  Vincent could not think of himself as one of them.  He was six normal people, not some sort of inhuman monster.
In 2018, tragedy struck.  One of Vincent was home (the others abroad), in New York, visiting his parents—who had only just retired.  Metahumans assaulted New York City.  Vincent and his parents were killed in the fighting.
Two of Vincent returned to New York as soon as they heard the news, stepping through the ruined city.  Vincent found Vincent in the ashes of the house he bought for his parents, burned alive.  His parents were subjected to a similar fate.  The clones discovered their dead original's spinal computer system still intact, and downloaded the memory:

A man plummets, his skin ablaze with fire of his own creation.  He tears through the rooftop, igniting the house around.  The burning man stands, a sadistic gleam in his eye.  Coughing through the smoke, Vincent shouts at his parents to run, positioning himself between the metahuman and them.  But his sacrifice is futile—fire rises up from the burning man, a wave of wild flame, cascading outward, the inferno consuming both Vincent and his parents.  Through the agony and smoke, Vincent can still see the burning man rise in the air and launch himself skyward, ripping through the roof again in search of more humans to slaughter.

Dying changes a man.

From that day onward, Vincent worked harder than ever, ramping up organ production to finance the expansion of his base in the Andes, and building up a considerable fortune.  He studied explosives and military tactics; became an expert in tactical operations; learned to fly and drive all manner of modern vehicles.  By 2020, he had made himself into a six-man army, prepared to war against those responsible for so much death.
But even now, Vincent is hesitant.  He had seen firsthand the true results of vengeance—two brothers dead, a dozen lives ruined, nothing resolved.  At very best, retaliating in kind could result in only the most pyrrhic of victories.

Personality: Vincent is a very hardworking and moral person. His circumstances and life have made him a serious man, but he can still find humor in his bizarre situation.

Power: Clones (6 points)
Vincent has a cloning facility, hidden in the Andes.  There, he grows clones of himself.  Growing a new clone takes ~2 months.  Clones are functionally identical to the original, except they begin to  degenerate within four years, dying within seven.

Imprint (2 points)
Clones are implanted with a spinal computer system, which backs up all memories.  Vincent clones will typically share memories among themselves, although limitations of the human mind prevent him from sharing memories among more than six clones ((I won't have more than six active at any one time)).  The computer system is encrypted with a 4096-bit one-time pad.

Grid:
Intelligence: 4
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 4
Ability: 6/2
Fighting Skills: 4
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 4
30/30
((If there are any heroes which match the description of the burning man, they're more than welcome to play the part—otherwise he could just be an NPC))
((I figure the cloning facility would be a minor base or something--I'll try to post it tonight))

Last edited by Mondobaughn on July 20th 2013, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Gave him a personality)
Mondobaughn
Mondobaughn

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Dr. Vincent Ohad Empty Re: Dr. Vincent Ohad

Post by Chellizard July 20th 2013, 3:29 pm

There's no personality.

You only need INT or OCC; not both. You should only have both Intelligence based stats if you're going to put five or more in each stat.

So I also assume the clones would be exact copies of himself down to the stats?

If so, the clones would need to be only 3 active, plus yourself. So, four "you's"

Perhaps.

Plural has a character, named Plural, that has a form of cloning/replication.

Perhaps seek out his app for a guideline.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mondobaughn July 20th 2013, 4:09 pm

Chellizard wrote:There's no personality.
Added. I left it out because I thought his history pretty clearly covered that.

Chellizard wrote:You only need INT or OCC; not both. You should only have both Intelligence based stats if you're going to put five or more in each stat.
Ok. I remember reading somewhere that I got occult 3 for free with intelligence 4+ or something. Changed to 0 (or should I just remove Occult from his attributes?).

Chellizard wrote:So I also assume the clones would be exact copies of himself down to the stats?
Yup.

Chellizard wrote:If so, the clones would need to be only 3 active, plus yourself. So, four "you's"
Six, but yeah.
The original died--he was in New York.

Chellizard wrote:Perhaps.

Plural has a character, named Plural, that has a form of cloning/replication.

Perhaps seek out his app for a guideline.
Plural is way stronger than I want Vincent to be.
Mondobaughn
Mondobaughn

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 20th 2013, 5:18 pm

The Occult stat works in correlation with INT and vice versa.

The first three levels of INT and OCC share the exact same descriptions, while one leans a tad bit more toward Techy stuff and one leans toward Supernatural stuff.

It's so you can know about the supernatural while only having INT, or knowing how to use a computer and etc while only having OCC. If you want your character to be like that RP wise.

It's basically a built in, optional, RP mechanic.

Other than that, everything checks out imho.

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum