The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Array I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Array I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Array I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Array I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Array I_vote_lcapArray I_voting_barArray I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Array

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Array Empty Array

Post by REDSHEILD July 17th 2013, 12:42 am

Array
"Please, don't call me Mirror Man."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Array
Title: Doctor of Photonics
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Gray
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 180 lbs
Blood type: B-

The Looks

Lawrence is a lean man, the one always jogging or biking instead of driving. He dresses plainly, in clothes practical to the current situation.
As Array, he sports a brilliant chrome armor suit, with sharp angles and a build that displays both grace and cunning. Integrated in the suit are infrared and ultraviolet laser systems, the optics of which he uses his power on. The suit also possesses sonic weapons, capable of emitting pulses of sound that can disorient or even stun those who are not prepared. For melee combat, he carries a combat blade, and the suit’s fists are fortified. As a backup, he has a pistol on his left hip, and a few spare magazines. The suit’s modular batteries can last for twenty-four hours, and can charge in one.

The Legacy

Personality:

Lawrence is a well natured person with a near overwhelming appreciation of knowledge, and insatiable curiosity. Despite his intellect, he is not a very methodical person, preferring to simply analyze a problem, and try solutions as they come to him. He fits in well with those who can keep up with his mental abilities, but is less confident when trying to relate or socialize with those who either can’t keep up, or who simply don’t share his interests. Those who fall into the latter category often interpret this as him being an elitist, though the truth is that Lawrence cannot understand them, just as they cannot understand him.

History:

As a child, Lawrence was free to have what he desired, as long as he did the work himself. Such was the mantra of his house, his middle-class life supported by his working-class parents, who strove to provide for their two children as best they could. Being the youngest worked in Lawrence’s favor, as the mischief he found himself in was overlooked, and the isolation that resulted from his curiosity brushed aside as a part of younger-sibling syndrome.
He did well enough in school, before realizing in his sophomore year of high school that his passion was science, and he drove himself to be accepted into a university of quality.
This drive paid off, and he found himself working as a lab technician in his mid-twenties, using the job to make a living and to aid in completing his doctorate. He discovered his ability one day while cleaning and inspecting the optics of the lab’s various lasers and other equipment, finding that he could restore the quality of aged mirrors and lenses just by touching them and pondering their structures, the knowledge suddenly present in his mind to repair scratches and fractures and wear. His enthusiasm was short lived, as he soon discovered that the changes wore off when he left the area, though he did notice it was easier to remake them each time he had to redo it.
After completing his doctorate, he was hired by a military contractor to work on weaponizing x-ray lasers, the project headed by an individual named Doctor Jennifer Dowers.

Teaming up with Chromatica:

Dr. Alston and Dr. Dowers met when the former was hired for Project Oculus, though at the time neither of them had made their abilities known to others. They were acquainted through work, and discovered that they both possessed powers during the course of the project. This shared bond between them aided their research, working to create better prototypes and models. As they were nearing the unveiling of a working prototype, the funding for their program was cut due to the assault on New York. For their contributions, though, they both managed to rack up small fortunes worth of compensation and prizes in the scientific community. Using these resources, they decided to reveal themselves to the world as superheroes, a two-person team that strove to preserve order and protect the innocent. The occasional talk on laser mechanics or mirror design also didn’t hurt, the compensation being used to supply their budget for equipment.

The Powers

Power 1:

Control and understanding of Reflection and Refraction [INT 8/ABI 5]; Lawrence can change the reflective and refractive properties of any material in a twenty foot radius that he can see, touch, or hear. While his touch allows him to change these properties for their applications to both light and sound, if he can see an object he may only affect its properties relative to light, and he must clearly hear a significant sound produced with it to change its properties relative to sound. His power affects all states of matter, though the changes dissipate soon after leaving the twenty foot range. Additionally, he cannot drastically alter the reflective properties of a material: for example, he could make a piece of wood reflect more light than usual, appearing brighter, but he could not make it like a mirror. Likewise, he could make a standard mirror lighter or dimmer, but not plain or transparent. The power affects whole objects or portions of one. To create a change, he must be able to imagine it and to focus on the material without major disruption. Specific materials he has changed before are easier to change again, to the point where a material changed enough is fully controlled by his power when it is in his range.

Grid
Intelligence: 8
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Durability: 3
Ability: 5
Fighting Skills: 4
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 2