The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_vote_lcapRound 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_voting_barRound 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_vote_lcapRound 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_voting_barRound 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) Empty Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo)

Post by Mr Wonton March 7th 2013, 11:17 pm

Turnir Chempionov Round 1 - Daji vs Ryu
Location - The Forbidden City (Beijing)

Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) Forbid11

The maelstrom of ecstatic cheers and sirens summoned a cacophony of wondrous noise and celebration. The start of the Turnir Chempionov was about to commence and the seated audience, slaves to their basic understanding of entertainment clung to every word of the announcer as each combatant was introduced. The golden tendrils of the early morning sun shone bright over the floating colosseum, illuminating the grand spectacle with a flood of sickening warmth. Daji stood with her hands on her hips and a perfectly sculpted eyebrow raised, had society really devolved this far in the time she had been sealed? Where the masses of plebeians so utterly reliant on their more powerful counterparts to provide such a pointless competition? Such thoughts rummaged throughout the princess' consciousness, her petite form still blaze with the natural spotlight baring down on her from the scorching heavens above. She should be ruling these peasants, these mindless sheep rather than providing entertainment for them. But alas! Daji was a woman who kept her words and even though she clung to such malicious villainy she still allowed her little wager with cain to take precedence, if someone died because of it then fate had simply ushered in a new playing field for the snarling concubine. She feigned a lighthearted demeanour, giving the occasional wave all the while gritting her teeth at the sights before her. The competition looked pitiful (Cain included for obvious reasons), boys and girls who clung to their title as 'metahumans', a label which brought more harm than good to these morally superior idiots. Her gaze lingered on the few females who were also pleasing the masses, of course these whores would prefer entertaining a crowd rather than someone of royalty, a sour fact that the snarling princess hoped to change. Regardless of how attractive some of the gathered competitors were Daji knew they were nothing more than cheap sources of amusement for the ignorant peasants assembled. She was however enjoying the cheerleaders located around the colosseum, a bit excessive but nonetheless a fun little piece of entertainment for the rather shameless killer.

Her state of contemplation was shattered when a rather coquettish male voice half whispered into her ear from behind. Several factors resulted in the immediate growl that rumbled from deep within her throat; firstly the voice was that of a man, a particular breed of human that Daji loathed immensely; secondly this daring individual actually had the nerve to speak to her without her permission and lastly he was probably a diseased riddled male with an ego and libido that far exceeded his general intelligence, a trait the rather hypocritical princess absolutely abhorred. Snapping her snarling visage in his direction, the porcelain skinned princess glared at him right in the eyes, her burning golden gaze exemplifying the sheer annoyance at having to deal with such a worthless creature. At first she was taken aback by how close he was, that and the fact that this mysterious male was undoubtably a very handsome one. "You really think flirting with me is gonna warm up those worthless balls of yours before this little competition? Please...go commit sepukku or something...idiot", she growled, baring her ivory teeth like a feline beast of the wild. Although he was physically more imposing than her the princess believed him nothing more than a simple grunt, a sword-wielding wannabe....a sword wielding wannabe which actually sparked an uncomfortable sense of nostalgia through her. He looked a lot like her husband, the foul man who broke her heart a millennia ago, almost as if he had been reborn into this smirking testosterone riddled samurai. Before she could physically gag at the unfortunate similarities the stage began to buzz with a crackling energy, names were being called out for the preliminary rounds and their locations were being drawn. Daji was so focused on giving the silly oriental her heath death-stare that she did not hear her name being announced.

Unfortunately for her it was too late and before she could react to the announcement her body was once again whisked away and teleported to the designated arena. Her vision was partially broken from the sudden transition of environments and after several seconds of stabilising herself the flamboyantly dressed seductress found herself in a place that summoned a whole lieu of memories. She knew this place. The smell of the autumn wind danced alongside her crimson robe, sending the midnight strands of hair into a frantic waltz. The polished ivory pavements distorted her shadow and the looming golden structures around the flat plane ushered a startling level of nostalgia within her. She was home. Standing in the in the inner grounds of the Forbidden City, one of China's jewels and most successful tourist destinations. How the organisers of the tournament managed to lock this place was unknown to her, all she was concerned with was who she was up against. Standing a hundred meters away from where she stood was the very same man who had sparked her righteous annoyance earlier, that smirking, sword wielding second-hand samurai. The princess scoffed at the sight, brushing her fringe away from her eyes as she stared her challenger down. Fate really did seem to have a sense of humour, of all the people who deserved a taste of her blade it was this man...the one who had foolishly ventured into a league above his own, or so Daji thought. He was literally on her turf now and although the environment they stood in was rather safe and without many hindrances it still possessed some high ground worth abusing.

"Oh today is a good day..", she uttered to herself, taking a dainty step forward as she allowed the humidity of the midday sun to merge with the disturbing aura that rippled off her body. Every inch of her patite frame bled with a burning crimson aura, from the edges of her midnight hair to the tips of her pedicured toes Daji was a monster. Plain and simple.

A malevolent grin rippled across her crimson lips, the princess' hips sashaying to one side as she slipped her hand into her bosom, procuring a fan from within a fold of her robe above the perky pale cleavage. Lolling her head back she flicked open the ornate object within her palm and began to swat away any insect darin enough to come within a five foot range of her. She was not going to draw Muramas yet, he didn't deserve such an honour so the fan was going to do the work for now and although it appeared rather inconspicuous and pretty it still possessed a power overlooked by many who had faced the monstrous royal before. She was not going to go easy on this man, mercy was going to be rare and if he kept on showing that perfectly handsome face of his she was going to force herself to scorch that grin off his devilish visage. It was only a matter of waiting before the fool made the first move, of course the penis-driven scoundrel was going to come running to her.

No one could resist such frightening charm.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Daji / Daji's weapons

Human Form
Spoiler:
Mr Wonton
Mr Wonton

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) Empty Re: Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo)

Post by Ryo March 8th 2013, 2:30 am

The woman's reply showed her to be quite venomous, but at least whens he turned around to glare at him he got a chance to confirm that the back matched the front. Besides, he had to admit the death glare was a bit cute. Ryo couldn't help but smirk a bit. Dangerous as she may be, Ryo enjoyed a challenge in the bedroom nearly as much as on the battlefield.

He continued to be on the receiving end of her glare as they rose up to cheering throngs of people. "Needless." Ryo mumbled to himself. This was not theater, the onlookers had no place here. This was a sacred duel between only two people, the crowd's mere presence somewhat tainted the event. Ryo momentarily worried that this would actually be a free-for-all brawl, something that could not represent a warrior's power accurately. It would rob him of a true victory. He got his answer when they began picking names out of a hat, after which Ryo felt the familiar disorienting effect he had felt when he was transported to the stadium in the sky. This time however Ryo was not caught unaware. He had prepared himself to cope with the disorientation even as he experienced it for the first time. He saw that the woman however, was disoriented for a few seconds. A few seconds are a lifetime in a battle, Ryo needed only moments to get close enough to launch an attack. Of course, taking such advantage of his opponent would bring him enough shame to actually consider seppuku.

Instead he waited for the woman to get her bearings, and began to speak. Ryo was the mortal challenging the gods, so he took it upon himself to officially issue the challenge. The smirk gone from his face, he spoke loudly and clearly in a serious tone "I am Ryo Shun of Owari." He freely claimed birth in a province that had not existed for over a hundred years. He had nothing to hide to hide from this woman. She was his opponent, so for this moment they shared a sacred bond that demanded only simple truth. "I am the perfect sword, and the sheathed blade. I have wandered this world on foot in search of a worthy opponent without success in over 100 years.I have never known defeat." He paused letting his hand rest on the hilt of his blade. "Though I fight today in the tournament of those gifted with the power of gods, I am only human. I am Ryo Shun, the greatest swordsman on earth, and I challenge you!" Ryo assumed a battle stance, his hand hovering by his sword. He did not draw, and curiously neither did she. Not her blade at least, but rather a fan. Ryo assumed it was a war fan, though it was still a difficult to predict move for a fighter with so much opportunity to draw her blade to rely on her fan instead. If she planned to defeat Ryo with novelty, this would be a disappointing fight.

She was waiting for him to make the first move, and Ryo actually planned to oblige her. It was rare for Ryo to make the first attack, but it was also unheard of for him to face an opponent worth his time. Ryo kept his hand by his sword and ran forward. He didn't actually plan on drawing Gentou though. It had been over a hundred years since he had drawn his blade. He couldn't afford to waste a momentous occasion of an unworthy opponent, the next time he unsheathes Gentou should be something spoken of lifetimes from now when people tell the stories of his journey to obtain godhood. Even if she was gifted by the gods, that didn't necessarily mean she was a worthy opponent. Poor old Efreet's corpse was a testament to that.

Ryo ran forward at an admirable speed, quickly closing the distance between the two. He suddenly stopped still a good fifteen feet away however. He rapidly brought an open palm forward as if striking the air, followed immediately by a more subtle shift forward with his right foot. As he did so the air in front of him seemed to wave and shimmer with a faint blue energy. It was in fact a blast of concentrated ki energy, a large sphere that would deliver very real blunt force to whatever it struck. It moved lightning fast, only a skilled opponent would even notice it. His true attack however, was a smaller and much less noticable blade of ki energy sent out from his foot, aimed directly at the woman's achille's tendon. A skilled fighter might notice his ki attack, but as far as he knew he was the last master of this particular ki style for several lifetimes. Which meant that others alive today would not be familiar enough with his long-lost style to read the subtle movement of his foot and know what it meant. Of course if she did manage to avoid the attack even if by luck, for he knew fortune could be as powerful as skill, this would be his first true challenge in more than a lifetime.The idea sent excitement through Ryo's body, and he felt Gentou yearn for combat.
Ryo
Ryo

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2013-03-05

Back to top Go down

Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo) Empty Re: Round 1: Crouching tiger, Hidden dragon (Daji and Ryo)

Post by Mr Wonton March 8th 2013, 9:20 am

The porcelain skinned princess had to stifle a giggle as she listened to the man's overtly obnoxious monologue, finding his eye-rolling bravado especially amusing. Covering the slight grin that crossed her lips with the ornate fan Daji attempted to listen on as he continued detailing his life story. He was preaching to the stones, sky and sun, telling the world of his 'great and wondrous' power, simply calling himself the 'perfext sword' forced a choked snort to escape the heavily amused female's visage. If it weren't for the pitiful self advertisement she would have cut him short and eliminated him then and there...but this was simply too hilarious to stop. How on earth was she supposed to take the man seriously now that he had given himself away like some sorry loser on a dating program? Once his rather lengthy introduction finally ended Daji allowed the stray giggles to melt into the dry autumn air, might as well play along with this fool before he meets his untimely demise. Like a coy schoolgirl eying up a potential date Daji slinked forward, her slender pale leg shimmering underneath the golden midday sun. Licking her blood red lips the killer concubine lightly shook her head before staring 'the greatest swordsman on the earth' with a particularly malicious glint in her golden eyes.

"You speak highly of yourself swordsman but a bumbling ape could never comprehend the situation he is in at this very moment. You seek strength in those who possess the powers of the gods...well lucky for you I'm a goddess and I will grant your pitiful existence the bitter taste of defeat", Daji stated, her manicured fingers clenching for a mere second as her body began to shiver with adrenalin. "Today you will fall at the hands of a woman and once you are clinging to the last breath of existence I shall take your blade and keep it as my own", she uttered, curling her upper lip like a beast ready to pounce. There was no need for anymore words, why trade conversation with an ant? Why waste her breath on someone who'll be begging at her feet for mercy, for release from a tortuous death like none other? She flicked the fan forward, raising it just an inch above eye level as she watched the warrior charge forward, just like she wanted. The battle had begun.

His bravery was only matched by his naivety, this brute knew not of what he was facing, he would finally grasp the difference in their power as he galloped forward to impending doom. Daji's gaze was sharp, never leaving his body as she allowed every tremor of his footsteps reverberate across the concrete and into her form. His movement was fast and relatively impressive, far more acceptable than the useless brutes she had eviscerated over the ages...but still he was only as fast as the fastest man; a flaw that was major compared to a woman who possessed a deathly graceful agility like none other. He was another standard warrior, admittedly handsome but nonetheless someone of little specialty...or so she thought.

His stance seemed so familiar, the strange complexities within his movements irked her, what was it that forced a nagging sense of doubt to well up within her decrepit soul? What she initially hoped to be nothing more than a useless quirk in his style ended up becoming the last thing she would envision. The open palm and the simmering air, the scorching wave of chi that hurtled towards her forced a startled gasp to escape the snarling crimson lips. Time came to a standstill, the memories of centuries gone by flooded into her twisted consciousness as the ugly truth began to dawn on her. This simply could not be, this technique the fool possessed... the Immortal Body. A forbidden ancient shaolin discipline that she believed to be extinct, why such an assumption was made is quite simple. She slaughtered every single monk who practised or even possessed knowledge of such a technique. She burnt the men who sealed her under the shrine, sent their souls into the deepest pits of hell for standing against her might and relished in their pain as she delivered her righteous revenge. But how did this lone swordsman conjure such a power? "Impossible...", she gasped between clenched teeth, her eyes widening with actual surprise.

Daji's startled concern was forced out of her mind as she hastily regained focus on the current situation, she knew this style of fighting, it was the last thing she saw and experienced before her imprisonment beneath the buddhist shrine. He was skilled, his fluidity in movements matched by the sheer power of his chi and it was by sheer luck and her lightning reflexes did the snarling princess have enough time to snap out of her surprised state and into a battle ready position. The one man who delivered the final blow to her fate several hundred years ago used the exact same technique, although his power was more restrained and concentrated, she had been caught off gaurd by the suckerpunch. But now things were different, the subtle sliver of chi aimed towards her ankle was the first thing she noticed...there was little chance she'd fall for the same trick twice. Her limbs twisted and her lithe body sprung to her side, feeling the force of the blast shoot past her body by several inches, any closer and her ribs were guaranteed to snap from the potent force. With a graceful bound into the air, her body twirled like a lotus in the breeze. Such disarming beauty combined with equal amounts ferocity surged through her body's passage through the still air.

A flick of her wrist caused the ornate fan to spontaneously combust, the bright embers from the once dainty weapon scorching the air around her as she flipped and spun away from Ryu. Her intricate acrobatics were more than just for show but provided an immensely confusing array of midair positions that allowed her to release flurries of burning needles in the direction of her foe. The scorched projectiles rippled through the air, practically invisible to the naked eye aside from the faint silver glints of light that raced off the dangerously hot projectiles. Her attacks were seemingly random, a constant rain of burning needles honing in on the lone swordsman like silent wasps attacking an unwary wanderer, but their trajectory was perfectly planned. Each flaming missile was aimed at several joints across the man's body, dangerously close to nerve masses and bone joints which would not kill him but burn into his muscle and leave him paralysed from the scorching metal thorns.

Her dazzlingly dizzy display of fierce acrobatics was a sight to behold, unfortunately the addition of her fiery weapon forced little time to marvel at her balletic movements. Once landing on the adjacent side of where she previously stood the princess spun on the tips of her toes, the silk ribbon around her waist trailing behind her elegant form like that of a dancer's. Her crimson lips parted into a fit of malicious cackles, another flurry of needles sent his way simply because she could.

"Oh you almost had me swordsman...you think to surprise, a Chinese royal, with that technique? I was alive during its conception, so please be creative. A girl does like some spontaneity now and then...", she purred menacingly, her devious grin stretching across the ivory teeth like bloody tides against a shoal beach. The air of confidence was necessary, there was no way she would allow another practitioner of the Immortal Body to get the upper hand over her. "Why not show me your sword? I'm sure you could do a lot with that thing..", she teased, lightly prancing to her left as she shot the man a coquettish glare. Provoking him was all part of her game.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Daji / Daji's weapons

Human Form
Spoiler:
Mr Wonton
Mr Wonton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo March 8th 2013, 12:38 pm

Ryo's blood burned with excitement as the woman gracefully took to the air and dodged his attack. This was not a desperate movement, it spoke of skill only a master could understand. It would seem this woman was as at home in the air as Ryo was on the ground. The prospect of finally fighting a worthy opponent filled Ryo with an intense feeling he had not experienced in a lifetime. Ryo had to admit as well, this particular warrior and setting brought back nostalgic memories of his earliest battles. Exciting Ryo even more, he realized this was not a simple dodge that would allow him to easily continue his assault. Even as she escaped his attack her ki was not defensive, but projected outward at him. A flick of her wrist revealed her weapon was much more than a simple metal fan. Another series of graceful movements sent a swarm of tiny flaming missiles towards Ryo. He quickly dodged the first wave of needles with minimal movement, making it seem effortless. This was no desperate flurry however, every missile was precisely placed to cut off Ryo's avenues of escape. Every needle baiting him to dodge only to be put in the path of another seeking a vital point on his body. Ryo duck and spun out of the way of the needles, seeming to put himself in a final inescapable situation as a wall of projectiles sought to incapacitate him as easily as he had the guards back in Atlanta, and much more painfully.

Ryo's stance stiffened as he thrust an inverted palm towards the ground. The air in front of him shimmered for a moment as his projected ki energy made it's own wall to deflect the blazing missiles. They flew back and knocked to the ground as if flung towards an explosion of air and littered the ground before Ryo. She surely knew Ryo would counter such an attack, but that was all part of the dance. Each opponent proving their right to battle the other, if one could easily outmaneuver the other the only honorable choice was to yield. If each could counter the other's first attack however, a true test of skill was warranted. Ryo was snapped out of his internal dialogue as he was forced to step out of the way of another flurry of projectiles aimed at his flank.

"Do not misinterpret me." Ryo said "I seek a test in battling the gods, I seek strength...only in myself!" His hand drifted towards Gentou's hilt even as She tried to goad him into drawing it. She claimed to be not only a Chinese royal, but to have been present at the birth of a technique that far predated even Ryo's own birth. If what she claimed was true, this would be a very interesting bout indeed. The air in the arena seemed to stand perfectly still as Ryo seemingly planned to oblige the woman's crude goading. "I will not say I am not impressed Goddess, however..." He said shifting his stance to prepare a new attack. This was not an easy matchup, Ryo's style was far more suited to counter the attacks of others than the other way around. This woman was smart enough not to rush to her doom, she sought victory through controlling the battlefield. He would have to hope to take advantage of her acrobatic tendency. Ryo rested his hand on his hilt and moved forward once again, clearing ground quickly as his long black hair flowed behind him. "Do not be so quick to judge yourself worthy of a blade which has not been drawn in over a hundred years!" As he approached her his hand moved as if to unsheath his sword, but Gentou remained in it's case as his hand released a sweeping horizontal blade of ki energy in the woman's direction. It would be a simple matter for the goddess to take to the air to escape his blade, giving her another chance to keep Ryo at bay with her ranged techniques. Ryo was banking on that as he continued to run behind his rapidly advancing wave of ki, jumping in the air as he approached her. He spun in the air several times gaining momentum before releasing a thrust palm forward with impressive strength. The air around his hand shimmered with the ki energy that made his strikes even more potent as it struck the air where the goddess would be if she jumped up to avoid his initial obvious strike.
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Wonton March 8th 2013, 10:46 pm

A devious Cheshire grin crept across Daji's dainty blood red lips, her sculpted eyebrow cocked in faint amusement as she listened to the silly man and his backhanded compliment. As he spoke the porcelain skinned princess continued to slowly circle him, her feathery footsteps barely making a sound as she kept her eye locked on his own. She was not surprised that her fiery assault had been nullified by his power, she merely wanted to understand the scope of his techniques in comparison to the men she eliminated all those centuries ago and seeing her stray needles scattered across the courtyard was more than enough to give some understanding of Ryo's skill. Her slow measured steps were deliberate, facing an opponent of this calibre required she continue to move and stay wary, be on guard just in case he decided to use anymore sneaky tactics. She was a flamboyant predator facing an equally tricky adversary, and although she still possessed little knowledge of how far his chi spanned she was more than certain he was capable of hitting her if she was not careful.

"You are just one of a kind aren't you?", she grinned, practically speaking to herself. The corners of her lips mildly curled upwards as a she watched the swordsman prepare his next assault, making sure to pay extra attention to his slight subtle movements that could very well determine the winner of this match. Her rather laughable attempts at forcing him to wield his blade were ignored, it seemed the egotistical fool believed himself above any attempts at facing her with his prized possession. Daji was starting to believe he had simply forgotten how to wield this 'mighty' weapon of his and that his constant self decrees of righteousness were nothing more than pitiful intimidation tactics.

His wide horizontal sweep was impressive, the sheer magnitude of concentrated chi momentarily sending a spark of wonder through the woman's body. It seemed this swordsman did possess some grand tricks, unfortunately for him Daji's perception far outweighed such an obvious ploy and with an agile bound to her side the killer concubine pounced out of the way, her body low to the ground as the simmering arc of energy soared above her. She watched as his body soared into the air, the momentum of his weight carrying the second strike into the empty air of where she 'should've' been, but alas! Daji was as equally skilled agile on the earth was she was in the air. Her lithe body, with the crimson robe billowing around her scampered forward at incredible speed, her light footsteps barely registering a sound as she hopped too and fro across the courtyard. This foe was not to be underestimated and as a result more evasive tactics were required if she ever wanted to succeed in defeating her late husband's eerie doppelgänger.

An ecstatic feminine chuckle rippled from her throat as she dashed back and forth, slinging more fiery missiles in his direction and occasionally avoiding any blast of energy he would send her way. This would have been an endless battle if they continued to fight like so, two majestically blessed warriors fighting til infinity collapsed onto them. Twirling on the tips of her toes the cackling princess procured four small capsules from a pouch toed to the sash around her dainty waist. Without warning, the crazed concubine threw the pellets in the surrounding area; three around her general vicinity and one in the direction of the swordsman. An eerie giggle was all she could muster before the silver capsules began to billow thick white gas across the playing field, completely shrouding the area in an impenetrable intangible fog. Daji was nothing more than a giggling gleeful predator in the poisonous smog, dashing in the heavy mist like a ghostly spectre. Her body sprang into the air, the blazing fan sending forth swarms of fiery missiles where she believed the man once stood. If it wasn't the burning projectiles that would defeat him it would hopefully be the tainted chlorine smog, a potent gas that dissolved nerve centres and perception.

"Tell me swordsman..", she uttered menacingly through the noxious fog, continuously prancing through the heavy white veil so that her voice wasn't in one particular area, "How does it feel?", she continued, slinging the needles through the noxious cloud at any silhouettes, her body still scampering through the mist like an ecstatic banshee. "Do your eyes fail you? Has your smell began to burn away, do you now know fear and uncertainty now..." she cackled, perching atop a nearby fence with her gaze carefully scanning the surrounding area. "...or are you already dead?". Like a graceful gargoyle, the princess stood absolutely still, her lips curled into a feral simper as she observed the obscured stage before her. This was too much fun, like a predator in the mist she waited, waited for the rat to come her way. She was ready to pounce.

Daji / Daji's weapons

Human Form
Spoiler:
Mr Wonton
Mr Wonton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo March 9th 2013, 11:05 am

The goddess slipped underneath Ryo's initial attack, letting Ryo spin harmlessly above her to land on the other side. As soon as he landed her was forced to dodge more projectiles, and so the battle continued. Each warrior maintaining distance while launching attacks, each warrior deftly dodging the other. moments seemed like hours, and at this pace the battle would never end. Ryo didn't mind in the least, he was immensely enjoying the dance. He had finally found an opponent worthy of himself, and he would savor the occasion. At one point he used his ki to literally stop a needle in the air and quickly threw it back in the goddess' direction only for his trained ears to hear it bounce off another that was fired with precision that he was sure others would claim was humanly impossible.

Ryo's joyous occasion took an unfortunate turn as the woman threw down 3 pellets that quickly began to expel white smoke. "Such shameful tactics, I am disappointed Goddess." Ryo said in a somewhat melancholic tone. The wheels in his head were turning though. Surely by now the female swordsman knew Ryo did not need his eyes to see, so why employ such a worthless tactic? Ryo received his answer as his nose took in the first faint traces of the smoke, and he realized it was meant to do more than obstruct vision. "Ninja scum..." Ryo muttered aloud, his voice dripping with contempt. His hand bolted down, using his ki to cut off a section of his long shirt which he quickly brought to his mouth in a desperate attempt to filter out some of the air. He had to get out of the smog, but unfortunately the ninja dog was not keen on giving him the chance. More missiles sought him out through the fog, and only his ability to sense his opponent's ki allowed Ryo to continue dodging. That was the trap however, every moment Ryo spent under the noxious cloud was dangerous. Finally, Ryo thrust his palm down towards the ground. A wave of ki energy burst around him, pushing away the poison-filled air as well as several flaming missiles. Finally free of the poison cloud, Ryo tossed his makeshift air filter to the ground and backed up a few paces. Part of the arena was still covered by the noxious cloud, and that was where the woman remained.

Ryo could not afford to pursue her within the smog. He had been under it for less than a second, but he could already begin to feel it's affects. Ears that could hear an insect's whisper now suffered a dull ringing, and he rapidly blinked trying to drive the false exhaustion from his eyes. "You wish to see a true warrior's weapon ninja dog...then let us end this!" Assuming a dramatic battle stance, Ryo pushed on his hilt with his thumb. As a few inches of the blue blade was revealed the temperature in the transplanted forbidden city lowered noticeably. Ryo looked towards the smoke across the arena, trying to sense his opponent's ki. In a blinding flash He drew Gentou, one moment it was sheathed the next it was raised above his head. he quickly brought it down slicing an "X" into the air in front of him. This sent two ki blades in an X formation towards the smoke cloud, and presumably his opponent. These projections of energy were much larger than those he had sent forth with his bare hands, and the blue tint to the shimmering air was much more noticeable. Ryo straightened his stance, holding his legendary blade at his waist in an odd stance that seemed to leave him much more open than he needed to be. He waited for his opponent's next move, he had to get to this battle on his terms and end it in a decisive blow. As much as he hated to rush this particular battle, every moment it continued was another chance for her to employ a devious ninja trick as well as one more moment suffering under the noxious cloud's effects.
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Wonton March 11th 2013, 9:17 am

A low eerie whistle slithered through Daji's ivory teeth, her blood red lips curled into a particularly unpleasant grin as she gazed through the toxic smog, enjoying the tense calm. Here the demure porcelain skinned princess was the apex predator, any and all living things barely worth any of her time. Such a grand sense of superiority could of been excused, she was after all back in her homeland and currently soaking the surrounding atmosphere in condensed chlorine gas. A macabre childish glee rippled through the woman's core, naturally causing her to rock on the balls of her petite feet, maybe the silly swordsman had fallen victim to the fog. Such an image elicited a shrill giggle from the concubine's crimson lips, her fan swaying in the air next to her head like a toy prop. In the swirling conundrum that was her conscious Daji felt a morbid sense of elation that her husband's doppelgänger had been vanquished, or so she hoped. Merely seeing this man gave birth to a whole lieu of emotional responses that she felt sick at the mere sight of him, so disgustingly handsome.

Her moment of macabre reflection came to an abrupt halt once the temperature in the atmosphere dropped, as if the spirit of winter itself had invaded the battlefield. A silent chill embraced the woman in its skeletal grip, sending a disturbing shiver down her spine; whatever it was she could not explain. Such a drastic change in the climate was definitely not coincidental, Ryo must of harnessed some other hidden technique of his. A rumbling growl tickled the back of her throat, her eyes darting across the clouded courtyard in the hopes of determining where the source of this massive chi was located. Her initial worries were only doubled when the rippling blades of pure energy tore through the air, slicing anything that stood in the way. A surprised yelp was all she could muster as her body instantly tumbled out of the way, hoping to escape the suprise attack. The chi was notably much more potent and condensed, the range of the technique so large that it sliced the tail of her robe in half. The annoyance at having the rare crimson silk ruined was especially minute compared to Daji's absolute frustration with being so easily caught off guard.

"That's a nice trick swordsman!", her voice cried out from the noxious fog, her trepidation masked by the overtly snarky statement. "Any quicker and you may have sliced of my toe,", she gleamed with a rather patronising tone. Her verbal intimidation was but a spontaneous muse to help her mind consider the next plan of action. From what she could assume Ryo had managed to survive the poison and discovered some visible playing field, he was probably trying to draw her out like a pig ready for the slaughter. Clicking her tongue and cocking her brow, Daji crouched low to the ground her boy lithe and ready to pounce. There was only one real solution, face him in combat...draw Muramasa and end this battle before anymore of her clothing items get skewered. Bringing her pale palm against the hilt of the cursed blade the princess let out a feral purr, the cold metal burning against her supple flesh as she allowed the tainted energy to flow through her black veins.

In one swift lunge Dajj bounded into the air, her light dainty figure swirling against the cloudy particles as she prepared to build up her momentum. Midnight black hair whipped against her face and the silken ribbon followed her form in an elegantly dazzling trail as her body broke through the fog and into visible grounds. There the man stood, his fabled blade raised and glowing with a considerable amojnt of chi. This was it, a clash between two warriors destined to battle; for legendary blades to finally taste the bitter bloodlust of each other's cursed metal. Her grand entrance was only made all the better with the fiery missiles erupting off the ornate fan in a vortex fashion, she would not let him hit her midair with the cyclone of burning needles. Her swift leap was concluded when Muramasa was slung out of its sheath, the glinting metal reflecting the mid-day sun. With a sword in one hand and a burning fan in the other Daji looked like a goddess of warfare; equally beautiful as she was deadly. She twirled, flipped and slinked her way closer to the swordsman in a gracefully erratic combination of movements that not even the greatest acrobat could interpret.

"Tell me swordsman, do you intend on slaying me if you were to triumph? Does your blade seek out blood or is it merely a toy used for show?", she menacingly teased as she continued hurling barrages of minuscule molten missilesin his direction, countering any stray bit with the edge of her blade. "But I'm flattered regardless, if no one has seen this blade of yours in a hundred years then your previous foes must have been pathetic welps, worthless peasants that only a ronin such as yourself would battle, enlighten me...please", she uttered, taking her place at the edge of the noxious white fog, raising Muramasa in front of her with the fan sizzling away at the air to her left. The real battle had only just begun.

Daji / Daji's weapons

Human Form
Spoiler:
Mr Wonton
Mr Wonton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo March 14th 2013, 6:25 pm

"When two warriors enter the battlefield, their lives are forfeit. If you didn't understand that then lay down your weapons and yield, and I will show mercy even upon a ninja coward." Ryo spoke boldly, but even a moment in the noxious gas had taken it's toll. His vision was blurring, and the erratic flames of the missiles sent towards him only added to his confusion. Unable to trust his physical senses, Ryo closed his eyes as another volley came at him from the fog. With his eyes closed, he rapidly slashed at the air deftly knocking away the needles. Every stroke was accompanied by numerous slashes of ki energy that countered the projectiles seeking his body.

Suddenly, a subtle change in the arena's atmosphere forced Ryo's eyes opened. His blurry vision was focused on the woman's drawn blade. For the first time since the combat began Ryo seemed truly surprised. He exclaimed a single word. "Muramasa!" His eyes narrowed on the woman and her stolen, tainted blade. "I see you are not a goddess, but a demon." Ryo, of course, believed this to be true though he had no idea how accurate his statement truly was. After all, who else but a true demon could equal his might on the battlefield even with cowardly tricks? He readied his blade in front of him. "and you are not the first demon Ryo Shun has slain." Ryo spoke with conviction, his body pulsing with the spirit of a warrior and a seemingly supernatural level of ki. Even so, though his strength of spirit may truly be unmatched, his body was still only human. The gas continued to take its toll. He knew there was no certain path to victory here. It was do or die, the time had come to put his everything into a decisive blow.

"Since my style bores you so, perhaps a technique of my own creation will serve to entertain you." Before he even finished speaking, he was already moving his blade in a flurry of slashes in front of him, too fast for the untrained eye to even see. A seemingly solid wall of ki blades and energy pressed forward. Of course, it was merely a distraction. Though the shimmering air looked impressive, even a direct hit would be little more than a strong gust of wind. As he began to move behind the wavering air, he went to work on his true attack. Arm outstretched, he dragged his blade through the air as if through water, a blueish blade of ki energy emerging behind the blade. One to his right, one to his left, and one above his head. He then continued to run at the demon, now at his full speed, the blades ki moving with him like three clawed fingers around him. Just before reaching his target, he suddenly stopped, holding gentou high above his head in his left hand. He propelled the blade straight forward, seemingly from two far back for the attack to even connect. As he did so, the long blades of ki energy kept going to the sides and directly above where the woman stood trapping the demon for a split second in a prison of blades, or so he hoped. He had never used this technique before, and the "decoy" wall of energy would heavily mask his true strike, he hoped that would be enough. After this strike, he would be open for a fraction of a second; a lifetime on the battlefield. Just as his blade would stop short, he let go of gentou's long handle, catching it at the last second as it closed the final gap of a few inches with enough force to pierce a human's, and Ryo hoped a demon's, skull. He stood, his stance bent forward and his blade reaching far in front of him, time frozen for Ryo in that sixtieth of a second as he looked on to see if his strike had aimed true.
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Wonton March 15th 2013, 10:07 am

A whistling breeze teetered into the ancient battlefield of the forbidden city, whispers of Mother Nature caressing the two combatants in a fleeting moment of stillness. A distant bird overheard sang it's midday lullaby, the sweet monologue drifting into autumn oblivion, a moment of sheer evanescence amongst the chaos that reigned in the courtyard. The combined chi of the two oriental foes bled into the very environment itself, Ryo's chilling blue haze behaving as the stubborn nullifier against the monstrous crimson energy that was rapidly spouting off of Daji's demure figure. Two figures locked in a violent embrace, fate forcing the two warriors to face an opponent far greater than either would comprehend facing prior to the match. The female combatant's lips were curled into a bemused sneer, her golden eyes glazing over the seemingly obnoxious sword wielding foe. The princess basked in the adrenalin and growing bloodlust that scorched her black veins, she craved the unquenchable delights of hearing the strangled cries of pain from lesser beings. This man presented himself as her new canvas to elicit the most horrendous violence imaginable, all because of his uncanny resemblance to the man who betrayed her trust all those centuries ago.

"You seriously expect me to take such words seriously when you speak in the third person?", Daji teased, clicking her tongue and shaking her head of his silliness. The mention of her fabled blade also forced a cocked eyebrow in his direction, "Surprised? That child's toy you wild now is a pitiful excuse of a weapon compared to this beautiful piece. A cursed blade like this must draw blood before it returns to it's sheath. It's screaming your name ronin, you shall finally fall at my feet regardless of what you think I am.", she retorted, snapping her head back and twirling the infamous sword in her grip.

She was prepared for the man's movements, his impressive footwork was only heightened by the surprisingly unique techniques he employed during the battle. Her eyes narrowed as his body hurtled towards her, the condensed chi creating a vibrating wall of sorts that distorted much of his other movements. Tricky bastard.., the crazed concubine thought to herself, as she spun on the heel of her foot in an attempt to quickly counter the strange moveset the man displayed. The blazing fan released a flurry of the fiery missiles at his feet, hoping to impale the soft flesh and halt his frustrating movements. The fiery dance of death was continued with the precise control of the cursed blade in her dainty porcelain hand. She swivelled too and fro, her body moving with frighteningly fluid grace as she prepared for whatever the swordsman had for her. The wall of chi was an obvious ploy, a silly tactic that only an idiot could fall for and the growling royal deftly dodged it with relative ease and poise. It was the second attack that took her off guard.

Piercing the air between the two opponents sprang the glowing condensed blades of chi, all three swooping down like relentless cyan spectres. The blade overhead crashed down between her legs, missing her body by several inches as she had instinctively recoiled backwards. The other two were not so easy to avoid. Her body contorted into an impressive acrobatic feat, swivelling midair as the blade to her right grazed the the skin of her back, slicing her gown and revealing the shallow gash to any unlucky onlooker. The last talon sped towards her in the final attempt to cage her in the cage of condensed energy. It was too fast. A sickening noise penetrated the atmosphere as the blade ploughed into the princess's shoulder, tearing through the ornate silk, skin, muscle and bone...any lower and her heart would have been struck. The pain was not instant, but the force of the blow sent her rather lightweight form sprawling backwards as the initial streams of blood began to trickle from both of her wounds.

The searing burn that shredded her left shoulder blade clawed at her pain receptors, the primal rage that churned within her soul spewing over with a feral rage like none other. This peasant dared to taint her body with his foul swordplay and ugly weapon. An ear shattering screech pierced the afternoon air as the rabid royal clutched onto her wounded shoulder, rich crimson blood trickling down the supple milky hands. Her robe was in tatters, her slender back completely visible as was the thin cut that ran across her spine, a minor flesh wound in comparison to the bleeding mess that wracked her shoulder blade. Time began to slow down, the frustrating pain was made all the worse by the sheer fact that the one who delivered it was the handsome doppelgänger of the man she loathed the most. Daji's screeches were a horrifying sound, the once youthful porcelain beauty twisted into a feral and terrifying portrait that gnashed at the teeth and staggered back up to its dainty feet.

"You...you dare defy me?! You have met your end!", she growled, the feminine voice skewered with a monstrous husky echo that did not exist several minutes ago. Daji's very features began to shift as the pain fuelled her bloodlust, the golden irises getting swamped into a murky blackness and the perfect ivory teeth shifting into jagged canines that could tear flesh with one bite. This slow transformation however would have been quite difficult to notice since the princess had already bounded off the ground at blinding speed towards the man, his risky jab into empty air leaving him particularly vulnerable. The tattered remains of her ornate robe billowed behind her blood drenched body as she fiercely dashed towards the swordsman, her movements much more erratic and unconventional than when she was much less damaged. Her lithe body pounced with such a surprising level of force that her body was a mere blur for a second, the blazing fan leaving a glowing red trail in her fierce race towards the man who harmed her.

Instead of releasing a swarm of needles Daji flung the fan into the air; it's curving trajectory forcing the balding item to spin towards the man's mid section in an attempt to cleave his body in half. This flaming projectile was not the only burning figure bounding towards him. The princess' screeching body swivelled and twirled left and right before converting the momentum into a vast swing at Ryo's chest, his blade still pushed into the air above her head as she slinked forward at the impossible speed. If he moved backwards he would simply become immersed in the chlorine fog once more, the toxic cloud barely grazing its intangible fingers against his neck. A blazing fan to his right, a noxious fog at his back and a sweeping parry that threatened to cut his body in half came towards him in that split second. A moment of macabre clarity, the ferocious retribution of a crazed princess.

Only fate could save him now.

Daji / Daji's weapons

Human Form
Spoiler:
Mr Wonton
Mr Wonton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo March 21st 2013, 11:32 pm

As time resumed it's pace, Ryo's found the demon had escaped his attack. She was not fortunate enough to escape his prison however, the phantom blade cleaving through her shoulder. Ryo had wounded the demon. It was not enough though, even such a grand achievement was too little for him. He must slay this demon, like a true god. Though she had taken a nasty hit, iIt didn't slow her down. She moved at him with with a sudden burst of inhuman speed. His physical vision still being hampered by the gas, Ryo only saw things as they truly were. As great artists would depict it years from now. The woman, a true demon, racing towards him as a blur of fire and fangs. Her tainted blade tinged everything around her read. Opposite her, Ryo stood with his own pure blade. His own soul standing as a wall of order, an attempt to combat the demon's chaos. Behind him, the noxious black smoke from the demon's nostrils, possibly more dangerous than the demon's own claws.

The demon fell upon him, laughing at the mortal who would attempt to stop it. It sent a mighty claw of fire out, curving down towards him. Then prepared to cut him from his other flank with a sweep of it's bloody, tainted blade. His only escape seemingly into the hellish smog that would only save him from a quick death. Her speed was unworldly, he could not match it. Her skill was equal to his, or at least close enough. It seemed raw power might be his only advantage. Ryo's muscles tensed as he began to move as his seemingly morbid fate close in on him. He concentrated, trying to project his ki to match the blade as he moved in the opposite direction. As the blade hit him, it seemed only to strike him and push him forward. He dashed to the side, taking the only path he could: the one directly through the blazing fan. As he pushed his body forward it embedded itself in his shoulder, tearing flesh and muscle even as it cauterized the wounds it made. Ryo remained silently and expressionless as the extremely painful event took place. With a stifled grunt, he removed the weapon from his shoulder and quickly tossed the weapon aside as far as his throw would carry it. His right arm hung limply at his side as he turned to face the demon. As he regained his stance blood flowed from the spot the blade had connected; Ryo hadn't the time to properly focus. He had resisted the blade, but by no means deflected it. The loss of blood did little to relieve the blurring of his senses by the smog.

Ryo lifted his blade with his left hand as his right hung useless beside him. "This fight is far from over. I'll show you the spirit of a true warrior!" He reared his good arm back and began to take a sweeping swing at the air. "I'll hold Gentou with my teeth if I must!" As he swung wide at a downward angle a mighty wave of ki crashed into the ground, throwing up a cloud of powdered debris. Ryo ran through it, sending a downward strike at the demon. He had to regain the offensive if he hoped to keep his life today.
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Wonton March 29th 2013, 7:34 pm

Her vision was now a blur, not from the noxious smog but from the pulsating rage that throbbed through the core of her dainty form. She could smell his blood as well as her own, the pungent stench of lingering death stirred in with the man's sweat and alluring musk. Daji's mind was now but a turbulent swarm of malevolent desire and frustrated anger, this swordsman was more than she initially believed him to be, he had scarred her body and even managed to endure much of the poison from the heavy mist. The decades of longing, to cross blades with someone worth her time had come, but she was not winning. Daji loved winning. Every strike was parried, every blow was countered and her seething rage was only equalised by his ridiculous amount of chi, a spectacle that had granted him her grudging respect and utmost dislike.

Her blade connected, drawing a crimson stream that trickled down the man's muscular arm, her body swinging with the blow so that her momentum could keep her soaring out of any immediate danger. Whilst Muramasa did not do much in halting his movements her fan did, completely tearing a chunk off his shoulder blade much like he had done to her. Karma. The smell of cooked flesh invaded the woman's nostrils, her desire to kill this man only tarnished by her need to run away as far as possible from a being who so eerily resembled her late husband. Why would this man not fall? Did his honour really matter that much? She could see the effects of the chlorine has slowly taking toll on what was left of his body, his eyes were wet with moisture and his breathing was ragged, the arm she had so mercilessly carved into now nothing more than an expendable limb.

Ryo did not stop however, leaping through the billowing mass of dust and straight towards her, the cool chill of his chi sending a jolt through across her skin. The fan was now out of sight, halting any immediate form of projectile offence, he was forcing her to defend herself head on, blade against blade. Her right arm hung limp against her form, the toll of her wounded shoulder greatly affecting any feeling in the blood drenched limb. Muramasa was now tightly gripped in her left hand, her body still assuming its gracefully deadly stance as the swordsman came crashing down with his painful might. Their blades met with a shattering sound that pierced the atmosphere, almost stopping time with the momentous blow. Their gaze met, two warriors locked in a battle; rage, honour, pain and sacrifice coming together as her golden eyes glared into his own.

Porcelain feet swivelled and the momentum of the parry sent the princess twirling backwards, her decimated robe billowing behind her. A low snarl rumbled from her throat, the grip on her tainted blade never loosening as she gazed at the swordsman.

"You're not going to take my life swordsman, as far as I'm concerned you and I are both a few moments from collapsing and it looks like you have had a nasty case of poisoning. Relinquish your blade now and I'll let you live, you're not the only fool with honour around these parts.." , she stated, brushing a strand of midnight black hair away from her brow. Daji was providing him with a legitimate form of defeat, she was simply too exhausted to continue, but if he was to refuse then it all came down to a particularly devious contingency plan. Muramasa was slowly leaking a noxious black gas, as if the tainted spirit was slowly evaporated off the dazzling silver blade. A noxious poison like none other was gradually building up off the cursed weapon, a poison that could very well end the life of this man if he decided to refuse her offer...a shame it would of been though, he truly is a handsome peasant...

Daji / Daji's weapons

Human Form
Spoiler:
Mr Wonton
Mr Wonton

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo April 16th 2013, 6:46 pm

Ryo listened to Daji's offer through harried breaths. She was right about one thing at least, Ryo had little left in him. It would seem the immortal's sun was finally close to setting. Between blood loss and the poison, he couldn't even see straight. The considerable chunk of flesh separated by her burning fan also disrupted the flow of his chi, preventing him from focusing into the devastating attacks that might show him a path to victory. Point of fact, burning flesh was the only thing he could still smell. His mind had already begun to dim.

Ryo tightened his grip on his weapon. "A demon would speak of honor? Then allow me to educate you." As he spoke he summoned as much ki as he could, the relatively unfocused energy gathering around him like an aura and displacing the dirt at his feet. "Death is the only force in the universe capable of convincing me to relinquish my blade!" He rushed towards the demon, blade raised and cloaked in a massive amount of unrestrained ki. The blow had power certainly, enough to erase even a demon from existence. It was also slow and predictable to warriors that possessed skill as they did. She would likely dodge, and counter. Ryo would likely lose his life this day after defying death for ages, but he knew where the path he chose may lead. It was far too late to turn back now. His blade came crashing down with a force that tossed up dirt and dust that would have impaired Ryo's vision, had his eyes not already been useless. In the chaos Ryo felt the Chinese demon's Japanese blade run through him, along with a new burning sensation that accompanied his breathing. As Ryo backed off, removing himself from her blade, he looked towards where the demon should be, though his site was nearly completely gone. He could see nothing, but he could sense her ki.

Blood flowed freely from the new hole in his abdomen, and leaked quietly from his mouth. He stood shakily, not quite having the strength left to lift his legs. His physical senses had abandoned him, and his perfect body's strength had been exhausted. He wearily raised his sword once more. "This....is not over yet..." He spoke through ragged breath and the gurgle of blood. "I...am not dead yet...raise your weapon!" He yelled angrily, as if to defy his own body. His first step forward sent him down again, resting one knee on the ground before attempting to rise again. As he did he attempted to say something, though it was lost somewhere in the blood traveling up his throat. As he began to stand, he disappeared. Teleported out of the arena to the medical area, the victor of the match decided.

Ryo woke up in a strange room, surrounded by workers. Magicians and doctors in the employ of whoever was running the show. His senses and vigor restored, Ryo immediately reached for his blade. It, along with his clothing, was missing. A quick scan revealed Gentou merely lay across the room on a table, along with his clothing. Ryo rose from his bed in a rage. "You would dare interrupt! The battle was not completed!" The medical workers rushed towards him to try calm him down, but he easily knocked them aside. As they fell to the ground, dead from a mere brushing aside, Ryo rushed to the room and grabbed Gentou. He didn't bother with the clothes, he had to find the demon. He had to settle things. He rushed towards the only door he saw, overturning equipment and slaying any who dared get in his way. Just as he approached the exit however, a loud hissing sound alerted him to a clear gas rapidly being released into the room. "Damn..." Was the only comment he managed before being quickly rendered unconscious.

Ryo woke on the ground, now clothed, not far from the teleporter he had originally taken to the arena. He was in an alley between buildings, and for the second time today Gentou was missing from his side. It hadn't gotten far, as soon as he looked up he saw it in the hands of a hoodlum, trying in vain to remove the legendary blade from its sheath. There were several others gathered about. "Hey, he's waking up. What's wrong with your sword man?" Ryo merely stood up quietly. "Can't believe this guy really took out Efreet." They chattered among themselves as if Ryo wasn't there. "This is the guy?" "Yeah man, "the sheathed blade." Fought Daji in the first round and got his ass kicked."

The group's stance shifted offensively as Ryo took a step towards the one holding his sword. He grabbed the sword in his left hand while his right sent an open palm at the man's chest. He flew into a wall before collapsing, his insides shattered. The other two ran towards him, but in a mere moment his blade was unsheathed and returned, the two hoodlum's throats cleanly severed. "The sheathed blade died today...now a new journey begins." He stepped out of the alley onto the sidewalk. He looked at his chest, still flawless. The arena's magicians had restored his body perfectly, without even leaving a scar. A scar remained however, on Ryo's honor and pride. "Daji..." He spoke the name he had only just now learned. "I will burn that name into my mind. I will not rest until one of is dead." He lifted his head to the sky, and the still floating arena. "Daji!! This will be settled!" With that the man picked a direction, and began walking once more as he had done for centuries...
Ryo
Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top