The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_vote_lcapAnother Day, Another Problem (Open) I_voting_barAnother Day, Another Problem (Open) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) I_vote_lcapAnother Day, Another Problem (Open) I_voting_barAnother Day, Another Problem (Open) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Another Day, Another Problem (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Another Day, Another Problem (Open) Empty Another Day, Another Problem (Open)

Post by Wyvern July 20th 2012, 6:27 pm

Several weeks - okay, month and a few weeks, but still - into Summer, and Jeremy wasn't too sure of what he'd even done, aside of continuing with his usual paper round, and the hero business. He hadn't gone anywhere special - too busy for that - and he had made no efforts to really push the boundaries of what he already did. He was doing his job, and lived a pretty exciting life as it was, taking on bad guys and saving the day. That being said, he was beginning to wonder if there might be something else he could be doing with his time... his paper round was mostly a source of private funding, and didn't contribute much to his mother's attempts to pay off the bills, in his father's absence. He was eighteen, and whilst maybe not having gone to university, surely he could try and find a job that paid better than this, right?
...Then again, who the heck hired an eighteen year old paper boy in this day and age? And that was really the only reference he had, given that he couldn't put 'nigh-invulnerable and super strong' on his résumé. One of those inconveniences in having a secret identity.

...Then again, probably not the time to worry about that either. He had a train to catch.

No, literally - he had to catch it, or it'd fall straight into the Mississippi river.

"Body o' mine, don't fail me now." The Wyvern Warrior, clad in his mystic red armour, descended towards the currently out of control vehicle. The Rocket Brigade, a small cadre of villains who had appeared in the town of Alpha not too long ago, had gone out of their way to attach some of their handiwork to the side of a train coming down from the north. Almost certainly a distraction for some bigger crime, but when the choice of stopping them or saving the several hundred passengers aboard came to him, the hero had set out to save as many lives as he could.
And heck, removing the rockets wasn't even that hard - he'd managed to rip one off by colliding head on with it, and did the same to the other, using it to get to the front of the train. The problem was that by the time he'd done that, the vehicle was already in excess of several hundred miles an hour, and had careened right off the rails. It was currently tearing its way across the ground towards the river, and whilst finally slow enough for him to get ahead without the rocket, it was still on the way to disaster if he didn't stop it.

His red wings, brimming with the magic energy that made them shine, faded as he came in front of the train. He'd done his physics lessons, so a sudden stop wouldn't be helping at all. Placing himself at the front of the vehicle, hands resting against it, he descended towards the ground. The first bits of dirt to be met by his heels were quickly carved out as the first part of small trenches, and the Wyvern Warrior realised he'd underestimated just how much force would be behind a vehicle this size. Okay, don't focus on stopping it - just slow it down faster than it would on its own.
"Nnnnnngh!" He began to press his feet in now, knowing that he wasn't going to be suddenly stopping anything. Closer and closer they came towards the river, with the sound of torn Earth and the roar of the crumpling shell of the train being all the hero could hear at the moment.

"Come ooooon..." Somehow managing to turn around in spite of the train against him, the Wyvern Warrior tried to solidify his stance and give him something more to work with, even as they came further still towards the river bank... just a bit more... just a bit...
Done.
"Yeesh, hope that doesn't become a regular feature." The armour clad hero gasped as he beheld the now motionless vehicle, having come just short of the river - the boy himself having dug into the sides and with the bottom half of his armour soaked. Overhead, he could now hear several helicopters that had previously been drowned out, spotting amongst them both police and the media. Great, they'd probably natter at him to pose as he actually tried to help people.

Sighing, he tried to focus on helping people out of the wreckage instead, and look forward to finding and stopping the Rocket Brigade for what they did here today. People could have died from something like this

Eventually done, and having somehow eluded the cameras and questions, the Wyvern Warrior returned to Alpha, descending down near one of the old warehouses near the train depot. Whilst the area in use was a good deal of renovating the old one, combined with newly created facilities, much of the old ones had been left to disrepair and lack of use. Perfect spot to change back into simple teenager Jeremy Cole, away from curious eyes. The light of the Wyvern briefly flickered around him as he touched down on the ground, armour being replaced by baggy clothes, red hair by a black wig, and crystal blue eyes by contact lenses that dulled the colour. Hey, he couldn't always be in superhero mode, after all.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Another Day, Another Problem (Open) Wyvern4
Wyvern

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2012-06-29

Back to top Go down

Another Day, Another Problem (Open) Empty Re: Another Day, Another Problem (Open)

Post by Bidy July 21st 2012, 3:13 pm

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, Trevor was tired and pissed. He found nothing but two punks who made the mistake of trying to fight him with steel pipes, the result was not pleasant for them.
After an easy and boring fight, Trevor decides to left their pieces across the alley and get back to his temporary home, an old warehouse near the old train depot.
On his way back he couldn't help but see that a lot of media helicopters where flying over, wich made Trevor hide himself by blending to the floor.
As the lizardman aproaches his "home", he could see a red armored warrior entering the place. Trevor crawls the wall as he assume the same color as the wall, becoming almost invisible.
He saw clearly as the red armored hero turned his unusual armor in casual clothes, his first tought was to defend his territory but the human assumed control again, he ended up hiding himself on the roof where he could only hope to be left alone.

" - Fuck...another one of those clowns in costume."

OFF:

Narration
- (Line)
" " (Toughts)
Bidy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Another Day, Another Problem (Open) Empty Re: Another Day, Another Problem (Open)

Post by Wyvern July 22nd 2012, 9:02 am

Thinking on it, Jeremy supposed the notion of hoping for a villain free Summer was perhaps a bit too nonsensical, even for him. After all, bad enough that he had to deal with people like Doctor Devastation to begin with, but guys like him were savvy enough to realise that they could sell off their advanced tech as a way of funding their criminal enterprises. You were as likely to find a criminal gang armed with lasers in this town, as you were to find them wielding regular firearms. And god knows how bad it could get if someone actually managed to afford one of his damned Earthquake bombs... exactly what it said on the tin, and that was why it was so dangerous. Why couldn't a man of such genius make a profit by benefitting society, instead of plotting to destroy it, and the armoured warrior who had thwarted him in the past?
...Then again, if such logic ever occured to the villains of the world at large, they might avoid half this mess to begin with.
"Wonder what I'll make myself for lunch... been a while since I went for the classic ham sandwich..." At least, trying to think on his regular life made it easier to transition back out of what he liked to call 'hero mode'. He supposed the anonymity of the helm gave him reason to act far more brave that he might be otherwise, though he did occasionally blur the lines anyway. The experience with Ari had taught him that.

"Huh?" However, as the roof of the warehouse nearby creaked slightly, the boy couldn't help but look up. Old as they were, it wasn't quite unexpected that these buildings might groan a little... but that normally needed something to move them right? So did that mean someone was up there? Or that even worse, they might have seen him change back into his civilian form? Well... maybe it wasn't too big an issue... it couldn't be expected that everybody in this town knew who he was... but if someone went to the papers with his physical description, they might pin him down.
...Dammit, he needed to check this out.
"Hello? Is anybody up there?" Jeremy yelled upwards, before leaping towards a nearby access ladder that hung off the side of the building. He was in decent shape, so his ascent up the side of the building was reasonably quick, and when the ladder reached its peak - stopping at a window as opposed to the roof - all it took was a little bit of handiwork and free running to pull himself up. His feet clattered on the old metal frame, as Jeremy looked around for the potential source of the earlier noise.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidy July 24th 2012, 11:35 am

*Trevor himself forgot that the old roof was not exactly safe to climb. That meaningless crack gave his position away, he could only hope that his natural camouflage would hide him enough.
When he saw that boy was going to the ladder, Trevor jumps to the nearest wall, trying to hide behind the old crates as he reaches the floor.*

" - Fucking idiot. Don't you have anything else to do?"

*The lizardman felt the bloodlust spreading like a decease inside him, the human side of his mind was struggling for control, wich he regains after a few seconds, he knew those punks he met earlier deserved to die, and he had no reason to give the same fate to that boy whose only mistake was going to his territory*
Bidy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyvern August 2nd 2012, 4:53 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the delay)

Jeremy wasn't able to see anything, but he could definitely hear it... how very, very strange.
"C'mon, hide and seek isn't usually this extreme!" He yelled out, not even really sure of who or what he was yelling to... though his head snapped towards the source of even more noise. Something landing upon another wall... or a building... or something. It wasn't precise enough for him to pin down - a point that reminded him of all the other times that super senses of even some mild degree might be useful. You'd be surprised how often you need to find a ticking time bomb, in this town...
Though... could he make that kind of leap himself? He didn't want to transform again, not whilst he was still uncertain on whether it was real, or a very damned realistic imagination at work.

He was pretty sure the Psychic Mistress was still in jail, so that couldn't be it...
"Leap of faith!" Deciding to heck with it, Jeremy gave a loud and mighty cheer as he ran towards the edge, and leapt across to where he thought the sound had come from...
And found his body slamming into the wall, arms barely clinging to the top to keep him from falling.
"Whoa... whoa..." His trainers scrambled against the surface, trying to provide some form of traction with which he could push and pull himself up.

Wyvern

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top