The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Stalker I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Stalker I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Stalker I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Stalker I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Stalker I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Stalker I_vote_lcapStalker I_voting_barStalker I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Stalker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stalker Empty Stalker

Post by Smooth Operator July 4th 2012, 5:36 pm

Delta, Kentucky. A town near the northern border known for its quiet atmosphere, down-home feel, and Aunt Mays' Sweet Potato Pie. A town that has barely seen hide nor hair of the evil that plagues cities across the country. In fact, the town is so small that its only law enforcement lies in Sheriff Hayes, an African-American man born and raised in Delta.

Hayes had just come back in to town after a brief visit with relatives further south. A cup of cold coffee sat in the cup holder, and he wanted nothing more than to walk into the loving arms of his wife, mess around, and pass out for a good 12 hours. The mere thought brought a smile to his cracked, aged lips. Just a mile down the road, he would enter the wooded highway, and twelve miles within, his small home waited.

The radio turned from the Oak Ridge Boys to static as the overhanging branches cut off the signal. He cracked open the window just a bit as he lit a cigarette. His last one. It's normally an unspoken tradition to flip a single cigarette in the pack upside down and save it for last. He took a long drag, and soon enough, smoke billowed out the window carelessly.

Just as his attention returned to the road, he saw something far ahead. It looked like a person, but the headlights were far too dim to see well. He slowed down, hoping the figure would move on. It didn't. In fact, it didn't seem to be moving at all. As he drove closer, the first thing he noticed was the persons height. He easily stood taller than the Ford F-150 that Hayes drove. The person, a man, seemed to be staring off into the woods. He held a solemn, foreboding expression, and didn't really acknowledge the vehicle nearing him.

Hayes stopped the truck, opening the window fully. He called out to the figure.

"Hey, somethin' wrong? It ain't safe in these woods at night, stranger."

The man paid no attention, his blank gaze stuck on some invisible object somewhere past the treeline. Hayes was getting a bit nervous. As a safety precaution, he holstered the 9mm that he kept under the dashboard, and climbed out, donning his hat. He approached the man, and was instantly taken aback by how short he was compared to the dark figure.

"Mister, did ya hear me? D'ya need a ride in to town? These woods are filled with wolves."

Finally, the man turned his head to look at Hayes. The most disturbing thing about him were his eyes, which lacked color or pupils. They were merely grey orbs resting within his skull. He lifted his arm, pointing a thin, bony finger at the now defensive sheriff.

"Son, I don't think you need to be out here. Just hop in the back and I'll get ya into town."

He would've continued to speak, but a sight of sheer terror covered his face as he looked at the tall man. It wasn't the height or the blank expression that horrified him. It was the long, black mass that was now protruding from the mans back. It moved fluidly, almost effortlessly, as it grew. Hayes, not knowing what to do, drew his pistol.

The mans thin lips parted, and a single word came out.

"Kill..."

That was enough for Hayes. He aimed for the mans knee and pulled the trigger twice. Two loud reports followed. To his astonishment, the bullets merely bounced off.

"W-what the..."

Those were his last words. Before he could complete the sentence, a tendril rammed through his chest, piercing the heart and tearing through his spinal column.

Days had passed, and no word was heard from the sheriff. His wife, unable to accept it, began a crusade to find her husband, backed by the entire town. Fliers were passed around, and soon it even attracted attention from local media.

"Please," she said to the camera. "I miss my Joshua dearly. If any you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact me..."

Smooth Operator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top