The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jack Hawthorne
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:12 pm by Sage

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:11 pm by Sage

» Pleasant Point
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:45 am by Cerek

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
The Bastard I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
Cerek
The Bastard I_vote_lcapThe Bastard I_voting_barThe Bastard I_vote_rcap 
Sage
inquisitor
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Bastard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bastard Empty The Bastard

Post by Blacksmith June 28th 2012, 6:32 am

The Bastard

Andrew Thiels

Alias: The Bastard
Titles: The Bastard
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Place of Birth: New York Mansion of Elena Marie/ ??????
Date of Birth: ????/Before Time
Race: Caucasian/????
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark Green
Height: 6’1
Weight: 85 kg
Currently Located In: New York

Personality:
The Bastard is cool and collected most of the time, though when he actually shows emotions these are usually taken to their extremes due to his inexperience with his emotion. His actual personality is rather empty; he has no real likes or dislikes, besides his dislike of this plane of existence in general and his hatred for the one who brought him into it.
The Bastard has no personal concept of morality, but does have emotions, and also has a small degree of sympathy. Due to a part of his ‘mother’s personality being imprinted onto him, he has a grudging fondness of children and will often go out of his way to ensure none are harmed, to his great annoyance.
The Bastard has no qualms with killing, but unlike many villains or eldritch monsters he does not derive any joy from it, and only does so when it furthers his goals.
Since having been bound to his human body, The Bastard has been searching tirelessly for a way to return to his own original existence. However, if his body dies, he will die as a human, his original timeless existence lost to him forever. Because of this, The Bastard greatly fears the concept of death, and will do anything in order to remain alive and reach his goal.
The Bastard is rather erudite and eloquent, and as such can actually be a pleasant person to converse with. Of course, this would be feigned, as he has no interest in pleasantries unless these help him towards his goals. Despite his inexperience in dealing with his own emotions and human programming, he has a great amount of insight in the human psyche, which is only further fueled by the immense amount of book-knowledge he has stored in his brain.

History:
Only two years ago, The Bastard inhabited another sphere of existence, as part of a multi-dimensional entity of pure awareness. Spread throughout the universe, and all other possible universes, it does not perceive existence with the five feeble senses these walking fleshbags do, but with a near infinite amount of senses, perceiving the many dimensions that are hidden to the inhabitants of the physical planes.
The entity is nameless, for the knowledge of its identity is well beyond the ken of three-dimensional beings. Those few creatures cursed with extra-sensory awareness who have been able to catch even a glimpse of the All-Perceiving have been driven to madness, their feeble minds unable to comprehend even the smallest aspect of its existence. An ageless all-seeing, all-knowing and from a mortal perspective all-powerful cosmic horror. This was the existence The Bastard had always known, until he was viciously ripped away from it by a single mortal. And for so insignificant a purpose, it still pains The Bastard to think of it.
The Earthen Witch, Elena Marie, felt the need for a personal bodyguard. But, being a ‘magical’ creature like she was, she wanted something special. The perfect bodyguard, a being created solely by her, from her and for her. She had created a homunculus, an empty vessel which she would attempt to imbue with the magical energies she so often tapped into. If the stars had not been in perfect alignment on that night, and the veil between dimensions weakened, she would have done just that, tap into those crude and petty sources of power of hers. Instead, her heightened power at that hour extended her grasp well into the 22nd dimension, from whence she snatched a diminutive fragment of the entity described earlier. And so, The Bastard was borne.
Confused with his newfound lower existence, his new body went into shock, which signaled the Witch that she had failed in her attempt to create herself a guardian. Disappointed, she discarded the body into the sea.

Powers/Abilities:

Full Spacial Awareness/Limited Omniscience [5 EP]
Within a radius of 10 meters, The Bastard has superhuman spacial awareness. He has a perfect 360 degrees vision within this range, and can hear and smell very well.

The Bastard can also strain himself to activate an advanced version of this power (duration 2 posts, cooldown 2 posts). With this, his spacial awareness becomes a form of limited omniscience. When this ability is activated, The Bastard gains full knowledge of everything in his area; he can see, smell, hear, taste and feel everything in this area. In a way, he is not even limited by his senses, and is almost completely omniscient in his area. In this state, he can even read books without them being open, and know everything about another’s physical form (know exactly what they’re wearing, carrying with them, their skeletal build, muscle tissue etc). He can however not read minds or predict the future. His power is not precognition or telepathy, though his advanced awareness certainly helps him in more accurately predicting movements. With this ability activated, The Bastard is immune to any illusions, and can easily see them for what they are, so long as they are within 10 meters range. Obstruction of vision (light or darkness, smoke), debilitating noise, foul smells and other sensory disturbances have no effect during activation due to the nature of his awareness being beyond sensory perception.

Eldritch Mind [6 INT]
As an entity from The Beyond, The Bastard has a high superhuman level of intelligence, able to match that of most supercomputers even in his human form. His true intellect borders on omniscience, but his mortal shell is unable to contain this aspect of his being properly, limiting him to his current state of mind and power (see Limited Omniscience above)
-The Bastard is able to comprehend all spoken languages, and can learn to speak them fluently within a matter of hours in ideal conditions (with a dictionary and some reference material).
-The Bastard has great insight in both traditional magic and science.
-The Bastard has a perfect eidetic memory, and is able to process information at the speed of a supercomputer.
-The Bastard has knowledge of technology that is alien to humanity, and to humans would be considered more magical than technological, though to The Bastard this difference does not exist.
-The Bastard has an intuitive understanding of other dimensions of existence, even though he is no longer directly connected to them.

Knowledge
Elena Marie has implanted a great amount of both basic and more obscure and specialized knowledge into The Bastard’s mind, intended to make him somewhat of a homo universalis. This starting knowledge has synergized with his superhuman intellect very well.
-The Bastard is extremely proficient in most forms of human science and very knowledgeable in general.
-Using his power, he takes immense amounts of knowledge upon himself on a daily basis. He can learn an entire library’s worth of knowledge by simply walking around (using his advanced power, that is).

Fighting Skills (5 FS)
Meant to be the perfect bodyguard, The Bastard was given knowledge of and skill in a plethora of martial arts. He is a master of none, but an expert in a great many martial arts, and flows freely between styles. His favored method of combat however is the usage of his eldritch technology, and he combines this with his substantial skill in fighting.
-The Bastard’s reaction speed and combat reflexes border on the supernatural.
-The true danger in his style of combat lies in his spacial awareness, which gives him an edge in battle, especially when fighting multiple opponents.

Trained Body:
Though nothing out of the ordinary, and far from what the Witch had intended it to be, The Bastard’s body is reasonably well-developed. Physically he is in great shape, and could make for a decent athlete, though he is far from human peak.

Weaknesses:

Emotional Instability
It is not so much that The Bastard is emotionally disturbed, as it is that he is still very unfamiliar with the workings of his human shell. Emotions in particular confuse him greatly, and he has great difficulty dealing with them. Even though he is incredibly intelligent, he is emotionally undeveloped for the most part. Most of the time he will attempt to stifle his emotions and human impulses, but when they do surface they can be rather extreme.

Human Body
The Bastard’s mortal husk is, as the term implies, quite mortal. Combined with his lack of defensive (or offensive, for that matter) Energy Projection, this makes him quite vulnerable.
Part of this is the fact that his ‘Limited Omniscience’ power has a cooldown, as it is simply too taxing on his mortal husk to take in so much sensory input.

Power Grid:

STR 2
DUR 2
SPD 2
INT 6
EP 5
FS 5

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Trashing the original Bastard app for this one. Would like to transfer his XP to this character if possible. (3378 words, 7 posts=6 XP+378 leftover words)
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-01-14

Back to top Go down

The Bastard Empty Re: The Bastard

Post by Alpha June 28th 2012, 3:02 pm

Approved and stuff

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum