The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_vote_lcapCypris Koree Aphros  I_voting_barCypris Koree Aphros  I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Cypris Koree Aphros  I_vote_lcapCypris Koree Aphros  I_voting_barCypris Koree Aphros  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Cypris Koree Aphros

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cypris Koree Aphros  Empty Cypris Koree Aphros

Post by Cypris March 31st 2012, 8:43 pm

Cypris Aphros
Aphrodite

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Aphrodite
Title: Nickname is Prissy
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Demi-god
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'6
Weight: 120 lbs
Blood type: AB+

The Looks

Appearance:
Costume Description/Image: Cypris appears in many different outfits, she doesn’t adorn one particular costume as it would “cramp her style” too much. Though when crime fighting, she tends to lean more on the devil-may-cry look, such as black leather and spandex, or Amazon Warrior-esque. No matter what attire she is wearing though, she is always careful to look fashionable, robust, and as any daughter of Aphrodite would want to be, sexy.
Most Common Choice of Costume Attire:

The Legacy

Personality: Cypris is the spitting image of her mother in every sense of the name, Aphrodite. She’s crazy about shopping, clothes, material possessions, modeling, and of course, men. How can she help it, it’s in her blood! The difference, however, is she has the soft-hearted disposition of her father, who is ironically a mechanic. Consequentially, while she loves the womanly pleasures of this world but she can just as easily walk into a grubby bar in the slums and talk about guns or machines with all the guys.Although she is very much like both her parents, Cypris hates her mother (and most gods save Hephaestus) for abandoning her and her father, and only adorns her name as her alias out of disrespect of the goddess.

Cypris is great at putting on a mask according to situations; while modeling she can put on the professional face of a skilled and ferocious woman; while drinking she becomes a party girl in every sense, rallying up everyone with spirited singing and dancing; while fighting she suddenly converts into a furious avenger. The daughter of Aphrodite has many faces, just as her mother, but no matter what she is doing she is always on the side of justice even at the expense of law.

History: Cypris was born when Aphrodite came down from Olympus looking to make a strike at her undesired husband, Hephaestus, after a horrible argument. Her revenge was taken out by seducing a handsome Greek mechanic named Percy Aphros; a man who later became known as her father. Of course Percy himself wasn’t full blooded Greek, his parents were immigrants who followed the ancient gods of Olympus devotedly, he himself was born and raised in New York City and had no interest in the gods. Needless to say the last thing he thought when he was being seduced by the unearthly beauty, was he was about to get laid by Aphrodite herself.

In an effort to continue her vengeful rouse, Aphrodite convinced and married Percy upon telling him the news of her pregnancy. When this happened she admittedly told him her true identity, knowing there was no way around it when a child would be born completely healthy in only a week’s time. Completely head-over-heels for the goddess, Percy decided on the name Cypris Koree; Cypris being another alias of Aphrodite’s and Koree meaning “daughter of” in Greek.

Of course, after a year of being with Percy and Cypris, Aphrodite went back to Olympus without a word and never showed her face again. He was absolutely heartbroken and fell into a fatal depression for 5 years, in which Cypris was taken away from him and raised by his parents until he was well enough to take custody of her again.

From the time she was 6 till she was 13 she lived a sometimes awkward but otherwise happy life with her father. He taught her how to fix any machine, shoot guns, fight, and most importantly, he showed her what true love was, not the fake kind its patron goddess supposedly ruled over. The two of them shared a bond deeper than that of any father and daughter, but when she turned 13 everything changed. That was when she learned who her mother was, for all of those years her father simply said that her mother had died in a car accident when she was one.
Hephaestus himself, appalled by his wife’s cruelty on this family, came down from Olympus and was waiting for Cypris when she came home from school one day. He was in his godly form and there was no mistaking the power of the ugly brute, somehow she knew immediately who he was even when the only things about gods and Greece she knew were the stories her grandma and grandpa told her. The smith god told her all about Aphrodite and her betrayal to her father; how they were fighting that day 13 years ago and out of spite she chose a human mechanic to bare her child rather than him. Upon telling this story he gave her a tiny pink fluff ball with eyes, wings, and a tail then vanished.

Normally she would have been excited to discover her mother was a goddess, especially because she was Aphrodite herself, the patron of love, beauty, pleasure, and fertility! But nothing was thrilling about this, her mother was a back stabber, she’d had her out of vengeance and then left her and her dad to fend for themselves; it didn’t seem very loving to her. She became angry with Aphrodite and from that day on she took it upon herself to protect her father from anything that could hurt him, despite the fact that he taught her everything she knew. Her personality became passionate and motivated, she wouldn’t let this information stand in her way of her goals in life nor her fathers.

By the time she was 18 she was a super model doing pictures for magazines and TV commercials, and even runway modeling. When she wasn’t busy showing off high fashion, she was competing in martial arts competitions around the world or helping her dad in the shop. When she turned 20, a new dream rose. The pink puff ball Hephaestus had given her as an apology gift was an enchanted robot she named Luka (short hand Greek for cute) that seemed to have a personality of her own, but she also had computer-like intelligence; it was like having the internet constantly at her disposal…a flying laptop basically except it seemed to have special emphasis on Greek knowledge both current and ancient. With Luka on her side, she decided to start fighting crime as a secret bounty hunter.

Shortly after her first night out as a vigilante and while on her second crime fighting spree, her father was killed in an uncontrollable fire caused by an unknown source. At first Cypris believed it was Hephaestus, but further investigation led her to believe it was Ares, come to take revenge on Percy for being with his secret lover, her mother. She was completely in rage and right there before the burning building she swore an oath to the gods of Olympus that she would send them all to Tartarus.

Still angry, she tracked down, with the help of Luka’s strange intelligence, a nearby entrance to the Underworld. Oddly enough it was simply a sewage drain in down town New York City, but her eyes saw it differently than anyone else would. While others would see it as the aforementioned tunnel, she witnessed the gruesome looking harpies guarding the entrance.

Cypris, though terrified, fought the 2 guardians of the tunnel and after 20 long minutes and many wounds, she defeated them, barely. An ominous warning was given to her from one of the creatures about her ventures into the Underworld, but she wanted her father back more than she feared the darkness of the dead or even Hades himself. Upon arriving, the infamous Charon, the ferryman of the Underworld, appeared before her, but for him to offer her passage without bribe must have meant she’d seen favor in Hades’ eyes…or misfortune. This is when she heard the voice of a woman; it was Aphrodite herself. She warned her daughter just as the harpy had about the dangers of her journey, but in spite she failed to listen to the only conversation she’d ever had with her mother and boarded the ferry anyways.

Even when she reached the gates, Cerberus only growled, but let her pass. Immediately she began searching for her father but instead was grabbed by a Fury and taken to the dark palace of Hades. When she arrived the God of the Underworld appeared before her, completely enamored by her immeasurable beauty and offered her his hand in marriage as his second wife. She, of course, refused and in anger he promised she would never find her father nor would she ever leave his castle.

After a week of being held prisoner by Hades’ never ending lust for beauty, Hermes was sent by request to Zeus from Aphrodite and Hephaestus, who had been watching her. The messenger god ordered that Hades release Cypris by order of his brother, just as he had thousands of years ago for Persephone and failed. Hades begrudgingly let her go, and of course tried to trick her into being bound to him as his first wife, but in an effort to get away from his devilish cunning she tripped over a balustrade and into the River Styx below.

As legend has it, the water was like acid burning away at her flesh, agonizing and deadly. She felt the pull of thousands of dead spirits tugging her under, but her sheer willpower pulled her from the river, giving her immortality. Though she barely knew what she was doing, she focused her mind on the small of her back, thus making her virtually indestructible lest she was hit in this spot. Hermes came after her when he noticed her climbing out of the river, Luka flying quickly behind, and rushed her out of Underworld, where she never again returned and her father remained for eternity.

It’s been 5 years since that dreaded week in hell (literally), she never learned why Aphrodite tried to help her those two times, nor does she let go of her anger of her mother despite the fact. She now fights crime eagerly; her preferred city base being London, England, and continues to model in her “normal” life all over the world.

The Powers

Power:
Rapid Healing

This pretty much speaks for itself. Because of her dip in the River Styx she has an uncouth ability to heal herself at remarkable speeds unless hit in the small of her back in which case she would crumple under the

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult: 0
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 3
Ability: 8
Fighting Skills: 8
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 3

Last edited by Cypris on June 10th 2013, 9:40 pm; edited 9 times in total
Cypris
Cypris

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

Cypris Koree Aphros  Empty Re: Cypris Koree Aphros

Post by Super Cutie March 31st 2012, 9:26 pm

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 10th 2013, 7:18 pm

Unapproved for edits

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 10th 2013, 9:10 pm

You have 29 points spent. The first point of wealth is free.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 10th 2013, 9:41 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top