The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_vote_lcapSouth of Heaven, North of Hell I_voting_barSouth of Heaven, North of Hell I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
South of Heaven, North of Hell I_vote_lcapSouth of Heaven, North of Hell I_voting_barSouth of Heaven, North of Hell I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

South of Heaven, North of Hell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

South of Heaven, North of Hell Empty South of Heaven, North of Hell

Post by Coffinhunter July 26th 2011, 3:46 pm

Welcome to Purgatory, pardner! If you are reading this than you're one of the lucky folks who's parents delivered you into a world of desperation. You probably already guessed that the waters all poisoned as well as the land you live on. Even the grass is perverted, 'Heathen Weed' it's called and most of us learned fairly quickly that it's bad news. Some idiots smoke it....and them same folk go nuts and loose their gourds. Animals...or at least the ones that are left, are twisted and mutated and so are some of the people. Dark spirits roam the fog of night and day only brings out the cannibals. Magic is just as relevant as any technology but both are sparse. Unfortunately this sort of environment doesn't tend to bring out the best in folks. Most people are superstitious and generally untrustworthy. It ain't their fault, it's just so hard to make a go at this life ,that you almost have to get over on the less fortunate just to survive.

The world ended many generations ago when our ancestors destroyed it with super technology and dirty magics. The world was literally was obliterated , first through our own machinations then by the Earth in retribution. What remained was called 'Purgatory' by most folks. Everybodies heard the legends and they all got their own theories about what actually happened, but when it was through, the world was reshaped and humanity was drastically thinned out. Those that remained after didn't learn a damn thing from the follies of their past and went right back to warring. This time it was over these Gates that had appeared on the day the Flash in the Sky happened and everything went to heck. These two polar opposite Archways hold great power and the keepers of them grew in power through their possession. After all that craziness all that remains of them are two walled cities; built around their precious Gates; on either side of this world. They sit just staring at each other like to enemies too stupid to realize the fight is already over.

It's the largest land mass left and humanity resides here in a condensed form. The idea is that we humans should live here in this wasteland in order to pay for the sins their ancestors had accumulated in the last life. Children's children paying for their ancestors sins. The surrounding World-sea is poisonous and holds all manner of Outer Dark monstrosity making exploration impossible. As we know it there are no more foreign lands with the exception of this one continent and it is here that the conglomeration of humanity remains.

'Tain't near as bad at is seems, though. People have found a way to eek out a living in these desperate times. They build towns, if'n ya use the word loosely. We scrounged what little was left after the Apocalypse and we started over. We knew not to make the same mistakes the Old Ones had, well most of us anyway, but you'll always have the proverbial 'bad seeds' that can't help fiddlin' with that accursed junk. Every once and a while some crazy 'backscatcher' will dig up some Tesla ray or whatnot and try rolling into town like some kind of warlord, but the Padres usually handle them right quick.

The towns here in Purgatory are all ram-shackled together but towns all the same. There are saloons, boarding houses, merchants and usually some form of government, even if many are corrupt Land Barons that manipulate populace to better their own well being, Heck, I guess that ain't changed all that much. Not near as many folks choose to live out in the wastelands, like frontiersman making their own way. They are a tough lot, not all are built for dealing with the strains of living in a world so full of hardships. Horrible beasts, mutations and all manner of monster call the wasteland home, most folk tend to stay near civilization as it at least provides a modicum of quality of life.

The first is Jericho an unattainable utopia perched in the high hills of the Northland it's gates are closed to us. It's pearly gates lay to the White capped Mountains to the North and it is guarded by an elite army that wields powers said to be even greater than the Old Ones. They do not leave the sanctity of Jericho's hallowed, white washed walls, standing instead as statuesque guardians. Only the most innocent, unmolested and the very few which are deemed 'worthy' are allowed entry into the city. These high standards in immagration laws make for a crowd of endless masses; called 'Squatters'; holdin' residence around it's entry way. The two major treasures inside are the Gate to Heaven and Jericho's Library. The Holy library is one said to be so vast that it holds all of man's knowledge, and so only the most enlightened of our kind It is ruled by a single prudent King like figure, General Arthur Solomon . He is said to be a throw-back to the Old times and is rumored to be the very man that had the impenetrable walls constructed around the gate after the Apocalypse. Many believe his age is well over 300 years and still he is rumored to be virile despite his long white beard. They say it is because his throne sits inside the Gate chamber and it's power keeps him young. He sits in judgement, they say, and he decides whether you may pass into the clearing at the end of the path or if you have time left to serve here . Only he most pure may pass into this realm of peace and enlightenment; the rest must accept the task of returning back to the flats as gunslinger-priests called 'Padres' . .

The other is hot as Hell and lays to the South of the Desperation Mountains. It is simply referred to as,'La Capital del Abismo'. Above Abismo's gates hangs a sign that reads: "Abandon all hope..". It's gates are always open to all and any may enter but few leave. If you are one of the unlucky few that make a return from that sickly brown Necropolis; it's wall's stained with man's blood; then you are truly changed in the most wicked of ways. Inside is the Other Gate and it leads to Damnation. It is the easy way out and to the many whom loose hope , God knows it ain't hard to in these desperate times, it is a last resort.
Demons, Daemons and all manner of Olde God nightmare fill the waste ridden streets. The currency is Flesh and Blood, and a finger will buy you very little, while a new born child fetches quite a bit. But to those damned whom dare to enter, they may find the most fiendish of desires in all things. No single ruler ever successfully claims reign over this realm for any long period of time. It is a city of constant change, it's only constant being an atmosphere of chaos. It is a hierarchy of fiendish power schemes and far removed agendas. Dark magics make up for the lack of technology exhibited by their Northern adversaries. All number of Dark god beast or fiend can be found here and although they never form in to a single unified force they never forget their soul purpose, which is to reign havoc and let loose the dogs of war. Once every Hundred years or so they strike forth and make an assault on their constant enemy . The minions of the Outer Dark sweep across the Purgatory Planes and try to siege the impenetrable walls of Jericho. That time is upon us again as the next solstice brings the stampede from hell.

We live simply, much in the way the Old Ones ancestors done during the Pioneering ages. Though much has changed we make do with what we have. Farmers need to check the land for radiation and have it blessed before sowing seed. Market merchants have to grade their meats with the amount of mutation from the food source was culled from. There's Saloons, and town Halls, even a couple of real towns. Although schooling is primarily done at home. Oooohh yes...that's right man and woman still reproduce, even in such a baron land. Still, even in this we are not exempt from retribution for our ancestors sins, many children bare the same mutations and peculiar birth defects as all other manner of life left after the big flash in the sky.

We have lawmen; gunslingers called "Padre" that help keep the peace. They are nomadic , well armed paladins, riding the wasteland and bringing justice where ever it is needed. Their ranks are filled with the privileged few that are selected to enter through the Pearly Gates. When they emerge from the Citadel of Jericho they are highly trained and armed with blessed shooting irons, and silver ammunition.Their sole purpose is to bring final retribution to the ill spirited of this world and gain the right to ascend into paradise through merit of their good deeds. They are wholesale death dealer's to those of wicked intention. They are judge,jury and executioners all wrapped into one, answering only to their own conscience. They are specifically trained zealots in the art of adjudication ,but once they leave the tutelage of the Winged White Guard they are as free willed as any other man and some have fallen. Corrupted by the temptations of the Dark side they use their lethal abilities to further evils cause instead. They are called "Sinners" and they do just that.

Most folks get by without currency, as trade is how the majority to business. Goods are worth alot, so it would be wise to gather you up some. CLEAN water, food, perishable items are worth most. Having a trade you can ply is wise.

Well I guess all that much hasn't changed, well except death. People tend to stick around a while longer than they used to. All manner of ghost, spirit, apparition are found just about anywhere. Hell, yer neighbor might even be undead and you wouldn't bat an eye at it neither. It seems folks ain't all that warmed up to the idea of final judgement and so spirits tend to just get up and continue on their way as if nothings occurred at all.

Part II: Geography and Populace

*The Geography of the Continent Purgatory:

The West Purgatory Flats has the highest human populace in the realm for the simple fact that it is the most inhabitable and least irradiated chunk of land mass. But do not make the mistake of assuming that it is some post,post-Apocalyptic paradise, in fact it is almost as barren as the rest of the world. It is a high desert, much the way the American old west was. It is this saving grace, that of a dry and sparsely foliage covered environment that the land seemed to expel the nastiest of the toxins that other less fortunate plots still hold onto. It is roughly the size of Spain with several large river systems that trisect it. The Northern most waterway is the River Galilee,which derives is source from the bitter northern mountain range near Jericho. It's waters are the freshest and least contaminated the closer you get to it's source. At about mid-continent the river branches off into a Western branch that ends at the Sea, The Atheiatic river. This river system provides transportation, cleanable drinking water for the populace & livestock and irrigation for farming for most of the inhabitants of the world that remains. It is the life blood of human existence as we know it today, which is why most major Providences are found along it's route all the way to the Western Sea.

The River Cocytus is the Southern branch and it is so poisonous and polluted that it often catches fire, some standing pools of it burn almost constantly, leaving a dense fog of brimstone tainted smoke clouding it's shores. Ferrymen wait at it's bays on the northern side of the Desperation Mountains, they are the only way through the rapids filled passes to the 'City of the Damned', Abismo. Mutants, and Daemonkin congregate around it's shores, too far removed from society to know that drinking at it's watering holes is a fatal mistake. East of the Cocytus is the Wastelands and where most of the most fiendish of the species call home, humanity is quickly washed away here. Most of the Wastelands is glass like sand, completely devoid of life. If that wasn't bad enough, any that could actually traverse Eastward past those No-mans-land, you find yourself in the wilds of a dense forest at the Eastern Sea called Evolution's Glen. It is here that we see Mother Nature's final solution was to make her fauna predatory it has densely packed jungles and sentient plant life. . Not to even mention the prehistoric sized wildlife that is ferocious enough to call that sort of place home. Swamps, quicksand and giant plant life that actively seeks out nourishment are just a few of the reasons sane humans steer clear of this forbidden place.

* Society (what little left there is)

The people of Purgatory flats have adapt to the times as many generations have lived this way now. Most folks are independent and self sufficient, they are minimalists that have just enough knowledge to allow themselves some sort of reasonable existence. Farmers, hunters & gatherers, generally very simple folk. But that doesn't mean that they don't still lump together in what people would consider towns. You simply can't know everything about everything so people; as always; tend to pool their resources. It takes plenty of labor and resources to achieve such lofty goal and so there land barons staked there claims and villages were built. Each township is controlled by a different competing 'Governor', whom function more like Medieval kings then elected officials. The office is usually past down through their offspring and although the occasional coup has occurred, most still are ruled by the sons of sons of men that built these towns on the blood, sweat, and lament of it's peoples. There are 8 major providences of note along the Atheiatic River to the Western Sea. The smallest starting at the delta of the three rivers, inland; leading to the largest at the coast.

* Tesla City: This town once was the largest of all the towns, but now is more like a ghost town. In it's hay day it offered some of the most technologically advanced living standards available. Electric lights, mechanized civil services, in door plumbing, and synthesized food stores and flying automobiles. Unfortunately because of this fact, societal unrest was also at a high and so many coups and marauder campaigns have left it practically devoid of human inhabitants. Now although you can see it's fancy electric lights from miles outside the city, at night, it's only citizens are the Automaton. These mechanized men are all refurbished throw-backs from before the Apocalypse and have outlawed chaos driven humans from there city without proper documentation . Since technology is viewed in such a negative manner by most folks, very few people find a need to enter through the portals that stand glowing as entrance points into this mechanical refuge. Sometimes though, some of the fancy gadgets they still have there come in handy, and so properly registered Merchants tend to offer a limited supply of the more mundane and functionally based of the technologies. No food or other human comforts remain in the 'Metal City' and so humans cannot claim residence here. The Economy is based in barter for scrap salvage from around Purgatory as Robots don't place value anything else. It's governing power is a hive-minded super computer, simply called 'Nikolai1'

* Karma Falls: Located at the base of a massive waterfalls on the Atheiatic River and just west of Tesla city is one of the most fertile plots of land in all of Purgatory. One would think it would hold the majority of humanity in it's gully, but instead it is relatively abandoned as well. It just so happens to lay directly in the path between Abismo and Jericho and every century it is overrun by the endless hordes of Demon on their way to lay siege to the Pearly City's gates. As for the other 99years, that it isn't run flat by daemon, it is the home to a nomadic, tribe based people that take pride in the most primitive of lifestyles. They are called 'Injun' and it is believed that they were descended from a mix of Native American Indians and actual Indian's from the former country of India. They spend their lifes as simply as possible, filling their days by hunting herds of 'Bisealo' (mutated mix between Bison and Buffalo) . The live in portable structures made out of the Bisealo hide and disperse every hundred years when the Horde goes on it's rampage. Their leadership is chief based, and although they occasional war among themselves and the occasional outsider, they are a generally peaceful. They are best known for raising the absolute purest, unmutated horses left in the land and are notable warriors seated on their backs. There economy is based in rare beads and is biased to outsiders.

*Bethlehem: Many that call this humble burg home are deeply religious people, still believing in the antiquated moral practices of the Olde Ones. The problem is that many of these stylized faiths ;even though very fundamentally similar; are also very apposed to one another. This is a town of constant unrest, and riots. Churches of all the known faiths lay on these supposed sacred grounds and constantly bicker as to whom is closest to the one true religion. A holy pilgrimage sets out from this township toward Jericho every year after the Horde is through rampaging and the pilgrim know that space has opened up at Jericho's walls after the slaughter. Here the economy is the farthest removed as 'Penance' is used as currency. Suffering is viewed as a finite thing in this region and so flogging oneself is viewed as commodity. Here is another constantly changing Government that is almost always in a form of upheaval. The current Governor is a man called 'Muhammad ' and he is extremely strict, offering horrible torture and public executions to any that oppose his law.

*Mexica territory: Although spread out, it is the largest community of Human civilization this far East, excluding the native Injun peoples. Here is a place that thrives in the desperation of the times. It is the poorest of any of the city-states and is ruled over by a merciless line of South American family known as La Eme . It's capital is Nuevo Tijuana, and it is here that 'El Jefe' reigns over the land and it's people like a brutal dictator. He has his own army, 'Los Reguladores', and uses these mercenaries to enforces any laws he sees fit. Gunslingers are not welcome here and find themselves have to disguise themselves if they wish to travel these lands. The reason for such strict border control is that Mexica is also one of the more fertile places left and La Eme keeps a stern hold of these natural resources. Most whom live here find themselves to be destitute serf's, farmers chained to the lands they work for El Jefe. Most of the world's produce comes from this region.

* The Yankee Empire : The happy medium of these realms it offers the closest thing to a good life that one can expect in this day and age. Most modern and the half way point on the Atheiatic River, it is the largest urban environment. It is constructed out the the ruins of one of the Old Ones cities and still utilizes much of the refurbished infrastructure that remained. It is literally the center of civilization and flourishes because of it. It's bragging rights include, an actual government , complete with elected officials and silver coin based currency. Freedom of lifestyle which allows inhabitants to discern a personalized level of technology and magics. A steady less-irradiated food supply and the means to protect it. It is a walled city and allows the Padre (gunslingers) free reign within it's walls for protection many of this world people's flock here, so there is a strong need for Padre Policing. The current elected President is Jefferson Washington Churchill , whom is a fair and prudent ruler.

*Europa: This is a sister city to the Yankee Empire and many have a hard time telling the difference, simply because there are very few difference at all. Europa is ruled by a Parliament that meets in it's key city, Geneva. It's currency is the same silver coin that is traded in Yankee as well. It is the start of the Western towns and a Merchant mainstay.

*North Kali and South Kali: these are the two Western towns and both lay very close to the Western Sea. They are the Wild West personified. Small townships with hard people living in them. Law and Order are relative terms here and you'd be wise to remember that. These towns are only for the hardiest of peoples. Fishing is the main industry here and is one of the most deadly professions a person can take on , as creatures that live in the Oceans are not easy prey.

* Applicable Races

*Human: all races have mixed and now only the word Human seems to define us, but one thing is true among all else and that is that we are Survivors. Peices of the former cultures still shine through and make for interesting communal traditions. Mutation is permitted in many territories as long as you can function in society. The unlucky Mutants that are too far transformed to follow along with societies rules are usually killed or banished to the wastelands.

*Mutant : See definition above. Humans aren't the only species mutated , others seemed to change as well when the world ended. Although classified in the same category as mutated humans. Known as 'Eloi', they animals that bare a striking resemblance to human behavior and thought process, some even walk upright and adorn clothing.

*Automaton: Robotic men from Tesla City. Many aren't programmed to stay put and venture out on preordain paths. They are disliked by humans and are never trusted. They are reassembled from the broken pieces from the world before by their master, Nikolai 1. They are not mindless, most of them have distinguishable personalities and mannerisms that make them eerily human like. Steam powered seems to be the most reliable power sources for those that deem travel as their primary function but some have more advanced technologies such as nuclear batteries, solar power, and Tesla coil. Many of them have default programming that forces them to complete specialized tasks as part of normal function. (ie...Minerbots= mine ore.......ect)

*The Undead: Ghosts, Spirits, Zombies, and Ghouls are all citizens of this world. Many types of people live and die here, and once they've died, some don't feel the necessarily urge to receive final judgment. The Padre (gunslingers) have a special interest in these philandering entities and tend to help them along their way to the Reckoning. The Undead find a special niche with the rest of society. They are used for their innate abilities and often find themselves in employment in the most dangerous of en devours. (ie Ghost=spy, Zombie= assassin, while mindles Ghouls are used for menial labor. ) They have no need of eating or sleeping.

*The Damned: Humans, mutants, and Eloi that have sold their souls in Abismo for some deadly trinket or dark magical power. They are agents of the Outer Dark and owe debts to their new Evil Masters that must be paid back or face repossession. They are marked with their Master's Insignia, although most hide these brands as the Damned are well known for mischief and not welcomed in society.
Part III: Magics and Technologies

Since this is much, much, much after the end of the world, almost all remnants from that time is long gone, destroyed or buried, most items in use are newly made. Technological capability range is about the 1800's. Humans live much as they did in the Old West. Out door latrines , wagons, horses, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, it is a world of basic necessity. The world before had insane amounts of technology and if one was so inclined they might even be able to get there hands on some of the cursed stuff, but the problem is that almost no one even knows how to make the stuff work, making it essentially useless anyway. Instead;as the people have reverted to a simpler way of living; more holistic practices, like magic, have returned and are much more prevalent in day to day life. Don't jump to conclusions though, most folks don't know how to conjure a fireball or levitate heavy objects, instead it is once again very utilitarian in nature. You might have your field blessed by a Shaman, or your family blessed by a Padre. An Evil sort might decide his neighbor is being greedy with his corn stock and hire a Witch doctor to place a curse and in extreme cases raise a dead enemy as a Zombie to seek revenge. This is how the 'every-man' accesses the arcane arts, but for the connoisseur there are a plethora of options to choose from. The first would be to dig up one of the many powerful magical items that survived the Apocalypse, but the problem still remains that one would be uninformed as to how to use such a thing, many choose to pay Ghosts or Spirits as to information about how to use these mysterious artifacts. The next would be to travel to La Capital del Abismo and trade some of your flesh and blood for whatever dark and devious thing that your evil plotting mind could muster or go 'all in' and sell your soul, in which case you would become a living conduit of Dark energy on this plane. (Fair warning, choosing the any of these latter options will certainly draw the noted attention from the Padre (blessed Gunslingers), whom actively seek out and destroy such damnable objects and creatures). Gunslingers do have their own form of magics but most fall in the 'white' range and are for protection against evil, and nondenominational rites of exorcism in the form of a series of blessings they carry in a black bound handbook, as well as blessed shooting irons and silver ammunition.

*Weapons
For the average citizen, having even a single firearm is a luxury as they are expensive and ammunition is hard to come by. Shotguns seem to be most common but most common folk stick to bow&arrow, and melee weapons. Wasteland mutants tend to use makeshift melee weapons, very few are smart or calculating enough to actually make a gun work. Walled cities use cannons and Gatling guns for tower defense but only the most advanced.

Once again Archaeology plays a role here, as some folks can't help but to go digging around trying to find the Old Ones weapons of mass destruction. Very, VeryFEW of the super weapons( ie, electric ray guns, lasers, missiles, flame throwers...ect,) are found and even fewer are brought back to working order. Less advanced weapons do surface occasionally , but ammunition is extremely scarce and the weapons usually have to be 'jerry-rigged' to get them to work, when and if they actually do work at all (ie, automatic rifles, machine pistols ect, ect) Paid mercenaries are usually the only ones with enough capital to actually utilize such inefficient ammunition wasting weaponry. They are usually bought and sold in Mexica.

The Damned take a different approach, as they tend to use dark magic offensively, they usually have mundane looking artifacts that deal out whole sale damage. Magic wands, power totems, and empowered tattoos hold evil and powerful magics that lay men to waste with little more than the utterance of single phrase. While Daemon a little use for man's inventions at all, they are more than capabale of doing huge amounts of damage with little more than their corporeal form

Padre are capable and deadly with generally any weapon, as there training is elite, but they are issued Two blue-steel 44 caliber, seven shot revolvers upon being returned to Purgatory. The Weapons are famed for their craftsmanship, balance and accuracy. These weapons carry several power blessings that essentially turn them into holy symbols more than firearms. There are even legends of these famed gunslingers being disarmed and then calling the lost weapon back to their hand with no more than a thought. The ammunition is Silver and holds blessings of it's own, capable of destroying evil spirits, creatures, Damned and Daemon alike. Once struck with one of these blessed silver rounds, a creature isn't given the chance to rise again as an undead or spirit, instead they are directed directly to their final Reckoning, hence the Padre will usually give last rites before engaging in a gun battle.

Playable Classes (these are suggestions more than anything, feel free to come up with your own style of play, just keep it in the realm of believability relative to the context of the thread)

*Common Folk: Simple man or woman, usually a farmer,animal breeder, hunter or other mundane career. You don't want to get involved in anything crazy and wish to only live your life with out the threat of harm coming to you or your family. You can have a Shotgun (hand full of ammunition) or lesser weapon, meager possessions and savings. A small house, maybe a few live stock but little else. You do not have to choose to live in a town, you can own a ranch or farm outside of town and live your own life. a partial mutated mule is the extent of your transportation.

*Injun Brave: You were born to the Injun nation and proudly live your simple life on the plains of Karma Falls. Although you are relatively a peaceful people your tribes warrior stock is strong and your people proud to defend what's theirs. Weapons are limited to primitive ( ie spear, bow &arrow, hatchet or knife) but on the rare occasion one finds the means to learn to use a rifle or handgun (extremely rare and usually frowned upon by native peoples meaning you have to leave your tribe.). You are a master hunter,tracker and herbalist. Your people breed the finest horses and you are entitled to the least mutated of the breed. You have beaded currency but outside of Karma Falls it means very little.

*Tradesman: You have spent your life learning one of the few basic trades their are to pick from (ie Blacksmith, leather worker or seamstress, merchant, , barber, barkeep, doctor,...ect ect...) Your job is your life and you wish to make some shillings along the way....is that so bad? You are entitled to a shop to ply your trade, house (usually connected to your business) Your finances are higher so you can afford slightly nicer things. You do have to live in or atleast near town to conduct business. You may have a small caliber handgun for personal protection.You can have one clean mule and a wagon or one mutated horse.

* Scavenger/ Mercenary: You skipped daddy's farming lessons and went over to 'Uncle Gunnut' for target practice instead. You have only the most basic survival training, and other than marksmanship, you have almost no other skills. You have to rely on buying everything in towns or scavenge it out of the wastelands and even then you have no idea how to fix it. You have the choice of either a single assault rifle (one clip of ammunition) or a rifle and handgun. Mercenaries are usually employed by El Hefe in Mexica for his militia, La Eme. Mutated horses are average for transportation.

*Marauder: Human or Mutant, you've decided that taking from others is the simplest way to get by. You form gangs and ride into town to rape pillage and burn. Everything you have to your name is gotten through ill gotten gains. Society despises you and you are not welcome in any form of civilization meaning that you usually reside in a cave or other makeshift shelter. It is only a matter of time before you meet your maker and pay for your sins. Human Mauraders have the same weapon options as Mercs, while Mutant Marauders tend to only use makeshift melee weapons. (Very Few mutants have the ability to use guns, the ones that do tend to be leaders of their kind.) Transportation must be stolen (generally mutants scare livestock.)

*Shaman, Mage, Holyman: You are a nondenominational, utilitarian miracle worker. You live humbly with few possessions and most payment for services is done in the form of donations. You bless: fields & crops, animal husbandry, and water purification. You preform mundane spirit cleansing allowing haunted families to find peace. You know spells of protection and you preach to the people and in exchange for your services you are afforded communal housing and substance. You are not allowed to carry guns, but melee weapons are excepted. One pure mule is also provided.

*Padre (Gunslinger): 7 years ago you were pure enough to be accepted inside the gates of Jericho. Once inside your life's deeds were weighed and your debt of sin was calculated. If you lived a pure enough life you are allowed to through the Gate and ascend to Utopia, but if you still owe penance then you must accept the trial of the cleansing. You are trained by winged angelic warrior zealots that call Jericho home, The Archangels. Your soul mission is to clean up Purgatory and send the evil that remains on that plane back to the lake of fire where it sprung out from. Once all Evil is dealt what it has coming to it , then and only then can the final Reckoning begin and a new world will be forged. Your are provided blessed pistols and a book of useful blessings. You are judge, jury and executioner to all that fall in your path. You must help the innocent and punish the wicked, However failing at this task seals the Gate to Utopia to you for once and all. These fallen Padre are called 'Sineaters' and they spend their lives doing just that. You are provided a pure bread horse (high endurance, speed and stability). Padre's are revered by most folk so food and lodging are usually provided to them for their services. Padre's also lived blessed existances and once in their lives they can call for 'divine intervention', in which the Maker intervenes on your behalf.

*The Damned: You have forsaken all that is good, and revel in pure evil. Your only wish is to fulfill the wishes of your Daemon master that granted you the power you have now. You lie, cheat ,steal and cause havoc anywhere you can. Your tasked with bringing the remainder of humanity down to the pits of hell with you so that your master can feast on their souls. In exchange for your maleficence against humanity you are rewarded with gifts from your dark master. You are marked by your master but must conceal it or else risk having Padre hunt you down and destroy you. You despise Padre and wish to destroy them. You are allowed one magical weapon of medium destructive power (lethal to several people), or several smaller idols that have varied lesser powers (ie, persuasion, conjuration, illusion ect....). You afforded a Prime Mutant Horse (mutated beneficially) for a mount, and small amounts of currency from around the realm. The damned also retain the ability to call upon their dark master once in their lives. Once this has been done the Damned person's soul is recalled to Abismo and The Daemon takes control of his body. The process is extremely destructive to mortals, Damned bodies usually burn up completely within 6 days of being possessed and the Dark master's entity returns to Abismo. During that time though, the host's body is transformed, it bends and stretches to meet the master's true form and many that have seen this spectacle say that is a true terror to behold.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Spartan
South of Heaven, North of Hell SpartanPG

The Samaritan
South of Heaven, North of Hell Burppy

Tesla\\\'s Doll
South of Heaven, North of Hell Dolly
Coffinhunter
Coffinhunter
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 391
Job : Tattoo Artist/professional writer
Humor : smart
Registration date : 2010-11-19

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top