The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A new challenger approaches! I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
A new challenger approaches! I_vote_lcapA new challenger approaches! I_voting_barA new challenger approaches! I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
A new challenger approaches! I_vote_lcapA new challenger approaches! I_voting_barA new challenger approaches! I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A new challenger approaches!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A new challenger approaches! Empty A new challenger approaches!

Post by Data Junkie April 2nd 2011, 8:20 am

'Sup, folks? Name's Data Junkie, as you can (hopefully) see, but you lot can call me Data if you want. Tends to makes things simpler. I actually found this place cruisin' Google for a new RP site, since it's been a long time since Gaia Online was any good, and approximately 80% of the other forums I've found look to be about the same quality.

Anywho, I took the time to look over the rules for things before posting this, especially regarding character creation and the like, but even so I've a few questions that I never saw directly addressed.

1. The description of Energy Projection seems to imply at first that it's a sort of umbrella stat that covers all powers that aren't covered by the other stats, but then later seems to say that it's only for folks that have their own powers naturally, which makes me wonder where a "power" like a tokusatsu hero's morpher, or the belt that lets Ray Palmer shrink, or the Hourman's pills would come in. All of these things produce effects that seem like they should go under EP (Transformation and/or summoning of weapons/mecha/whatever, size-changing, and stat-changing respectively), but these are all outside power supplies. None of the aforementioned heroes has any sort of "superhuman energies" of their own, and without their devices they are all (mostly) normal people. (Mostly because most tokusatsu heroes are fairly strong and excellent fighters even without their powers, and Ray Palmer and Rex Tyler are both scientific geniuses.) So, yeah. Would devices like that that give you your powers be filed under EP, or would you just have to describe them really well in the "powers" section of your character application?

2. For that matter, what is the general consensus on characters that are mostly normal, with a powersource that could possibly (and potentially easily) be taken away? (Example: Steal Ray Palmer's belt or a Power Ranger's morpher and they're stuck at being simple above average. Hourman's pills only lasted for 60 minutes, and if he couldn't take another one by the time the hour was up, he was back to normal.)

Last edited by Data Junkie on April 2nd 2011, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Data Junkie
Data Junkie

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 8
Job : Sprite-work
Registration date : 2011-04-02

Back to top Go down

A new challenger approaches! Empty Re: A new challenger approaches!

Post by Bones April 2nd 2011, 8:40 am

Welcome to the site.

Items are generally seperated into two subcatergories. There are INT based items, which are Ray Guns or Doom Machines. The Higher the INT, the more potent in the item that can be used. These things generally replace hand to hand fighting if you like, or can be used to compliment your abilities.

Other items, ones that could be said to be Mystical of nature or have a power of their own, will be placed under EP. The higher the EP, the more potent they are too.

Hope this clears some stuff up, enjoy your stay with us. ^^

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A new challenger approaches! 2cem8ad
Spoiler:
Bones
Bones
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 139
Job : Flatfoot
Humor : Dingy
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Data Junkie April 2nd 2011, 8:45 am

Cool, thanks. So if I'm understanding this correctly, in my examples that I gave, Ray Palmer's belt and Hourman's pills would be INT items, because those two built them theirselves, whereas (with a few notable exceptions) most tokusatsu heroes like Kamen Riders or Sentai teams would file their powers under EP, right?
Data Junkie
Data Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bones April 2nd 2011, 8:50 am

I have no idea about any of those characters, put I would assume yes. Generally, if an item powers your character it would be under EP. For example, if someone created a Green Lantern type character, they'd have an EP pool of energy to draw upon.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A new challenger approaches! 2cem8ad
Spoiler:
Bones
Bones
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 139
Job : Flatfoot
Humor : Dingy
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain April 2nd 2011, 9:28 am

For a character like a Power Ranger, someone who transforms to gain their powers, you have two different grids. One grid for your normal state, the other for your powered state.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Data Junkie April 3rd 2011, 1:14 am

Am I correct in assuming that a transforming hero would have to split their 22 points between both grids, instead of getting 22 points per grid?
Data Junkie
Data Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow April 3rd 2011, 1:30 am

Nope, if your power is to transform all of your transformation have 22 point grids, but you have to follow certain rules. First off unless if you are transforming into a wild beast (Something with 0 intelligence, similar to Hulk. ) your intellect level must stay the same. Also no matter what, doesn't matter what transformation you are turning into your fighting skills must stay the same. Lastly, all of your forms have to have EP on their grids, they don't have to all be the same level but you have to have some this way it makes sense for you to be able to transform back. Hope this helps, if you have any further questions just ask.

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
A new challenger approaches! Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Data Junkie April 3rd 2011, 1:55 am

Cool, thanks. I think that covers everything character-related. My only remaining question is what do all the different colors for names mean?
Data Junkie
Data Junkie

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekSkiba April 3rd 2011, 2:18 am

Every different color represents a different groups. There is three standard groups that aren't actual 'groups', most people in these groups do not actually know each-other they are just in the group so everyone knows what alignment your character follows and just so you can have a color and not be plan blue.
Standard groups
Dark Orange = Villain
White = Hero
Gray = Renegade

Then there are special groups around the site. People who are in these groups know each-other and are encouraged to work together on quests, ect. Right now there are 4 different hero groups, 1 renegade, and soon there will be 2 villain. The Tough Guys, The Phantoms, Pegasus, and The Abnormals are the heroes. The Thrones is the renegade, and soon enough there will be SCAR and The Immortals for villains (There is another villain group, but their leader is gone and it is about to be destroyed so I wouldn't suggest trying to get into it. ). If you have any questions about any of these individual groups, send me or one of the members of that group a private message and I'm sure we'll be able to fill you in on the details.

Derek Skiba
A new challenger approaches! Derekskiba
DerekSkiba
DerekSkiba

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum