The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPieces in Play - Page 2 I_voting_barPieces in Play - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Pieces in Play - Page 2 I_vote_lcapPieces in Play - Page 2 I_voting_barPieces in Play - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Pieces in Play

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Pieces in Play

Post by Nate6595 April 30th 2023, 3:49 pm

With a practiced patience that was more natural for the information broker, Eli simply folded his hands over his lap and continued that thin grin of his as Alexis did not grant his staff with her power. He let out a single laugh and shook his head, giving that dismissive wave of his hand. “Heavens no, but by all extents and purposes, my staff, these skilled individuals that work for me are me. Not literally, but they act as my hands. Any sort of deal you make with me is made with them, anything you grant them is granted to me. We are all in it together.” He explained.

The girl, Mimi, moved in like a shadow towards Alexis. While her expression was cheery, almost painfully so, there was something dark in her eyes and in her movement. Her arm kindly wrapped around her far shoulder and brought Alexis into a side huge. The motion of it was quick and quiet, almost unnoticeable, like a snake striking its prey. Then, she smiled at Alexis, a wide open mouthed simper that invited her in. Her eyes glimmered. “And we all really do appreciate it!” She piped up in a cheery, youthful tone. “Helping us all out like this means you’re essentially one of us, and we always got each other’s back.” She gave Alexis probably too hard of a pat on the back to accentuate the idea.

Eli gave another lift of his hand and Mimi backed up, still grinning like an idiot. Eli leaned back into his chair, cozy there and spun around until its back was to the two of them. “If this is a problem for you, I understand entirely. Though, do remember you came to me and if you didn’t know that all of my staff and I were extensions of each other than, well…you will need to do better research the next time you come to deal with someone like me.”

There was a small flick of Mimi’s wrist; her expression never once changing from that innocent, wide grin. Her hand reached for something tucked away at the hem of her shirt, but before she could draw whatever it was, Eli turned back around to face the pair. Mimi seemed to freeze in place and Eli went on talking, “The choice is yours, of course. As another business person I certainly understand if you would like to back out.”

Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by elephantlord June 2nd 2023, 11:35 pm

Alexis hadn't missed Mimi's hand, or the way it had gone behind her back. Though the girl didn't know it (though Eli probably did), Alexis' bond with the computer at her feet came with a number of benefits. Alexis had become very adept at writing code intuitively, allowing for the creation of programs to assist in her daily life.  As paranoid as she had become of late, one of these was a variation on some military-grade threat detection software that she had obtained.

Mimi could have been reaching for a hidden gun or a concealed banana, both would have caused the orange overlay to appear. Though it was only visible to Alexis, it put her on edge... well, moreso.

Eli controlled things; himself, his people, and his environment. To think she could appear like a fucking genie and not be immediately on every one of his radars was laughable. You did not take risks with your personal safety, you should only take risks when you were perfectly safe.

She hadn't seen the gesture he made, and had ignored the too hard slap made in 'friendship'. The entire interaction, from beginning to end, had made her feel small. Powerless.  

It was a feeling she found she did not care for.  

She had a few small bombs in storage.  When she had been trapped in that cell in Boston and had stormed the nest of the Wasp Queen, she had craved weapons that were more high yield than the small arms she had smuggled into the Extra-Dimensional Exclusion Zone surrounding the city.  

Something that could take down a fair sized building.  Or, at the very least, an art gallery.  

But that was petty; and worse than that, stupid.  She was not in control of this situation, and Eli was showing a sort of restraint that was admirable.  He did not abuse his control of the situation, merely saw what it was she could offer and what he could extract from her. That he was not overtly predatory did not mean he would not seize an opportunity that presented itself.

Alexis' eyes flicked to Mimi, with that too wide smile and too eager grasping. Yet she followed Eli's orders.  It was obvious he invested in people.

And in the end, wasn't that what Alexis always longed for?

Reaching out, Alexis gave Mimi a hard slap on the shoulder with her flame-wreathed hand, mirroring her earlier gesture. The eldritch green substance began to spread as if Mimi was covered in petroleum, before abruptly dissipating.  

"A month, let's say, before I withdraw it. Play around with it, see how you feel," Alexis' eyes slid to Eli.  "See if I'm worth your time."

elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 105
Job : Pharmacy stuff
Registration date : 2022-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate6595 October 11th 2023, 9:54 am

As the hand clapped down on Mimi's shoulder her expression had softened a bit. Her grin wasn't as wind or uneasy, and for a moment may have actually passed as a normal girl. But she still smiled and there was still something else behind those eyes that never seemed to blink. It was if she herself was reading Alexis, but in a way that different from Eli. There would be something unsettling in the way she appraised the person who reached out to touch her.

But there was no resistance.

If she had been worried about a hand wreathed in flames, it didn't show on her face or in the way she moved. She did, however, react, when the hand pulled away from her. Her eyes flicked down to her hands and she clenched them a few times. Weighing what had happened.

She didn't know if some people felt any different get a bolster to their power or if there was supposed to be some kind of sensation to it all, but for her...there was nothing. She didn't seem upset by that; just curious. There was this notion in her head that when someone got stronger they would feel it or at least know what to do with it. For her, it was opposite.

She could copy people's image, become them.

What would this look like when it was empowered. She was eager to find out and she had a month to have some fun with it.

Have fun with it.

That grin returned in full force and her hands clenched a final time. She was going to have fun with it. She knew Eli would approve, would let her test out these new powers however she saw fit. She just had to choose what she wanted to do first with them.

Her eyes flicked back to Alexis and once more the smile soften. In a quick flash, a speed that almost seemed superhuman, she tried to hug Alexis. A quick hug, but a warm one all the same. "Thanks Bestie, I'll be sure to do something just for you~!" There weren't many good implications of that, at least when she said it with that grin of hers, but hey! A free...gift?

With the "transaction" done and Mimi's thanks given, Eli finally started again. "With that...is our business concluded, or was there anything else I can do for you? Anything you need dug up or any tasks or jobs you need done? I certainly have one staff member who would certainly be interested in helping you."
Nate6595
Nate6595
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote : "Let me be your friend, you jerk!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 662
Job : Student
Humor : Everything!
Registration date : 2017-12-21

Back to top Go down