The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Quest for Clint Eastwood's Br-Wait not that one? OH! Right, to save another Dimension!
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:18 pm by Chellizard

» I'm Not Evil, I'm a Chaotic Neutral Murderhobo
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:12 am by The Nekromonga

» THE QUEST FOR THE GYGAXIAN DICE
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:30 am by The Nekromonga

» New Beginnings(Invite only)
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:39 am by Myrddin

» The Luminous Library of Lu Feng (Part 2)
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:46 am by The Nekromonga

» Vibe (WIP)
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeToday at 12:38 am by elephantlord

» Keep Liquid Time or Add Set Year
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:42 pm by Shadowoof

» Terri Saffron
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:36 pm by Zonkes

» Dragons on Vacation
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:41 pm by The Nekromonga

» At the Mountains
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:35 pm by Pyrrha

» Down Time
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:52 pm by Yang S.

» The hunter, the wood prince and a rival
The best laid plans I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:48 pm by Cerek

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2022 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The best laid plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The best laid plans Empty The best laid plans

Post by Cerek January 6th 2022, 12:18 am

"Larger than two American football stadiums and more powerful than the largest Aircraft carrier, The somnolent dragon is the top of the line in luxury cruise line vessels. With a perfect balance in power, safety and passenger comforts, makes Yu Han air cruise lines the elite customer choice in vacation travel. Our crew are professionally trained at the Yu Han airline cruise academy, we only employ  the absolute best here for our most treasured customers." The viewscreen goes black. Cebra stands in the middle of a crowd of people in a large room with a podium near the far end. The woman giving the speech adorned in an elegant red dress seems to be the spokeswoman for this particular vessel as far as Cebra can tell. on his HUD he can see her compiled public information as well as important members of the crew. Sue-Anne Yung the hostess, Guan Yanxie the captain, Eve Marshall the head engineer, Mikola Yervich head of security, Hugh Vernon the head chef.

Cebra is currently wearing a janitorial staff jumpsuit and baseball cap as he stands far in the back away from the crowd with the rest of the staff listening in. "Welcome one and all to the Somnolent dragon. I am your hostess for all events during your travels, Sue-Anne Yung. We will be on board for three days cruising around the Pacific Ocean heading first to the Australian coastline. The vessel will lower below the clouds dropping its atmospheric shield to enjoy the great barrier reef." She continues on talking about the various parties and facilities for use by the guests aboard. Afterwards Cebra heads back down below to the crew quarters, his shift doesn't start until later on in the night when the facilities mostly close save for the bars. The vessel has numerous elevators and small automated transports vehicles for those who don't care for the long walk. The crew quarters are quite luxurious considering their position, not as extravagant as the guest rooms but certainly as good as a four star hotel.

Staff had their own recreation area and mess hall. Cebra's tiny room was comfortable and had all the privacy he needed. When alone he takes out a data pad no larger than a phone from a duffle bag in the corner of the ten by ten foot room. There was a list displayed on the screen of what appeared to be the crew manifest and cargo onboard, highlighted was a file named "Object 768." in a bright yellow. In bright red there was a name highlighted "Wesley Burnbaum." When the file is opened there is middle aged man on the screen. He's Caucasian and bald with a stone jaw and somewhat rotund figure. He has a pair of rectangular framed glasses on that look as expensive as his suit. The information Cebra has access to is from the cruise company itself, the information provided states that Wesley is an Orion board member. Wesley according to the file is also travelling with one other person. The file indicates that they are simply a secretary but Cebra knows better than that, there's no way an Orion executive travels without personal security. Cebra puts away the device after going through some files and makes his way to the outside of the ship to the outdoor dining area for the crew.

Cebra leans against the railing looking over the Pacific, the atmospheric shield kept the frigid wind and rain out making a gorgeous view of the water below. Cebra wasn't exactly the anti social type, but it wasn't like he planned to be on this ship a long time and as such didn't engage too much with the crew unless it was required or to keep up appearances. "YO! My dude, if you're planning to jump then I suggest do it at the stern of the ship! The engines will catch you at this point and oof just pudding." Coming up next to Cebra is a young man of Indian ethnicity, his hair was quite a show done in a fashion forward kind of short mohawk dyed bright red. He was slender but athletic in his build, shorter than Cebra who stood easily six feet. He certainly had an upbeat smile and general feel to him, no problems approaching this weird broody looking stranger watching the horizon. Cebra thought for a moment about times he'd been mutilated, being in a blender like scenario wasn't unfamiliar. "I mean if I'm planning to kill myself that works just as well." Cebra playfully uttered back. "Yeah but then the rest of the staff has to clean out your viscera, not nice fellow crewman." Cebra smirked as he side glanced the young man. He extended his hand to Cebra "Hardik Khan." Cebra shook his hand "Sean Crane, nice to meet you."
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Humans are comprised of whiny, entitled, arrogant, fat, ugly usurpers and I will be damned before I care what they think" -Cebra Ulkenne

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 551
Humor : dark
Registration date : 2017-03-20

https://www.wireclub.com/users/bad_wolf__

Back to top Go down

The best laid plans Empty Re: The best laid plans

Post by Cerek January 11th 2022, 4:56 pm

"So you're working with the janitorial staff hey? You get the privilege to clean rich garbage buddy." Hardik joked "I'm part of the portside engine crew, not exactly ritzy either I suppose." Cebra shrugged "I'd much rather be working in there than in the waste disposal tubes, that's my first shift anyways." Hardik made a face expressing deep cringe followed with a hissing sound. "Oof that's a shit deal know what I mean." Cebra rolled his eyes "Indeed." Hardik reaches into a breast pocket taking out a somewhat disformed cigarette , squashed into a zig zag like pattern with small bits of tobacco flaking off the open end. "So what possessed you to come over and start up with me?" Cebra says with a bit of a lack luster tone, underneath a mild curiosity seeded.  "Oh you know, standing by yourself, looking out to the ocean with that thousand yard. You've got that handsome loner vibe my dude." Hardik winks at Cebra with a sly smirk.

Cebra's eyes pop wide for a second finally seeing this situation for what it was, flattering but all the same not something he was into. He always found it odd how his personality now was heterosexual, he distinctly remembers previous Orion missions having him essentially be pansexual. What happened that day the ship was attacked and he was sent adrift? Why did it change so much of who Cebra was? Regardless he now had only interest in the opposite sex.  "I'm flattered Hardik, but I'm not... Uh." Hardik chuckled "Are you too shy to say gay?" Cebra was many things but shyness never factored in "No, of course not. I just don't wind up in this situation a lot." Hardik scoffed at that idea "Please with a face like that I hardly believe it, a little make up and some foundation and well... You could work a runway." Cebra came as close as he's been in a while to blushing.

There came a voice over an intercom device nearby, the devices were all throughout the ship for easy communication between various sections. The head of the janitorial staff announced the schedule for cleaning duties and where one could view them. Next came the head of engineering over the intercom, orders were given to report to their various stations for maintenance. "Well that's me, I'll check you out later Cebra." and he parted from Cebra who was now keen to see what the bar had in stock and wile away his time until it was shift time.
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Humans are comprised of whiny, entitled, arrogant, fat, ugly usurpers and I will be damned before I care what they think" -Cebra Ulkenne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerek January 24th 2022, 5:50 pm

The first nights work went as scheduled for Cebra, it was less than pleasant having to sanitize the waste disposal systems and various pipes. Cebra was more than use to the grind of blue collar work, the problem was having a nose, even the gear only prevented so much of the stench. Along with his workmates Cebra works hard through the night and maintains the façade. When his shift ends in the early morning hours Cebra heads for the showers along with the rest of his workmates. He manages to keep a friendly image by engaging in whatever innocuous small talk is going on that he had something to offer. It wasn't until after he had gotten cleaned up and back to his room that his sleuthing began, he bore a suit of a skin tight nature and lined with what looked like circuitry. It was a silverish blue that reflected the light and camouflaged him as he crept out of a port window and clung to the side of the ship.

The wind was dampened significantly by the barrier but the winds of the early morning  were still harsh at that altitude and battered at Cebra as he crossed. But it would hardly be enough to knock him off seeing as his hands were melting into the metal of the ship like putty and leaving without a trace of damage. He moved quickly with a mechanical speed that was brought on by his implants and physiology, he made his way all the way to the starboard side guest quarters. There was no security to worry about on the outside of the ship, made it easy to move about the ship in a timely manner. He made his way over to Wesley Burnbaums luxury cabin, considerably larger and more ornate with a balcony. Cebra crept along the outside avoiding the large glass doors as to stay out of the line of sight. On the very end of his index finger was a microscopic camera, he used it to view the interior of the room. He couldn't quite make out everything as his view was obstructed by some electrical interference, the audio isn't clear either but some snippets come through.

Wesley Burnbaum: "I have thirty two... the syr...eeping most of them, bu... your clie...to purch... Can accomodate."

???: (In a monotone computerized voice) ... rcent of ...prod... Show up on the manifest... Call the auth... ot look good."

Wesley Burnbaum: (more agitated) "You..... When you cross Or... You will find it beneficial to co... Just sound business advi... We have a deal?"

???: (pauses for a few moments) "... Be it... ave a deal. Brin... down to the starboard crew... Be there."

Cebra had not meant to catch any sort of private conversation but that tid bit of info laid a lot of context for Cebra. He'd been tailing Wesley Burnbaum for a month keeping track of his suspicious movements, seems Wesley, head of the bio augmentation research division was acting peculiar when the branch made a breakthrough in some manner of mind altering agent. He went very quiet for a time even missing scheduled appointments and board meetings, Orion has secretly been trying to track him down and find out why such a prominent member went AWOL away from prying eyes and the authorities. Cebra had an opportune chance to both seize some brand new tool or weapon as well as murder another one of the people who made him what he is.
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerek January 26th 2022, 9:07 pm

Cebra hung around after the third party left and it was just Burnbaum and the security he had with him. She didn't seem like anything special at first look; A short haired brunette of Korean ethnicity standing approximately five foot six inches and medium build. Wesley looked more distressed after the interaction, he tells his security attendant to get him a drink from the mini bar. Cebra positions himself closer as he hangs upside down over the large glass door. "Well ain't th..... ullshit.. The fuck does a... orperate sp..." He hisses out with venom. "Otta move the... easearch lab seven forty t... kill that fu..." The security attendant hands an amber coloured drink in a small glass to Wesley as he gulps half of it before adjusting his clothing and fixing his hair, the attendant turned her head revealing a tattoo on her neck reading S-2 (043). Cebra caught a glimpse of it and recognized that designation, she was a mark two personal security android. Fairly nasty set of skills and hidden weaponry, the mark two designation wasn't even commercially available for safety concerns.

After 30 minutes of calming his nerves with liquor and improper use of a security android for perverse means Wesley dresses himself as well does the android and they both leave the room. Cebra finally makes his way inside as the door has no lock on it, minding every foot step he makes his way to Wesley's belongings and starts searching through them. Looking for some information on what exactly this new discovery is. He rifles through luggage until coming upon a briefcase, it's locked and requires a retina scan to open. Fortunately Cebra is geared for such safety cracking purposes and interfaces with the lock, a slim strand of metal surfaces from Cebra's finger and forms a connection to the lock unlocking it in seconds.  Inside is a laptop, Cebra manually implants a device that effectively allows him to monitor, copy and record anything on the laptop. He puts back everything in its place and starts placing covert audio devices to record any conversations that might take place if possible. He wondered if that android had anything to do with the interference in his equipment. It was when he was leaving that he heard footsteps come close and a twisting of the door handle.

His reflexes snap his body in an inhuman manner as he moves without a fraction of hesitation and rolls behind the couch while also drawing a combat knife from his hip. The footsteps are clear now, as before they were muffled by the doorway, they are certainly the footsteps of heels on wood. He listens and uses his internal sensors to predict exactly where her position is in the room. A cat and mouse game plays where the cat is ignorant of the mouse so far, as she looks for something around the room Cebra is forced to slink, slide, shift and sidle this woman and he does masterfully. For all the lack of his hand to hand combat skills the man could have the presence  of a tree in a forest, virtually invisible. After a minute she collected a wallet from under the bed sheets and turns to leave, Cebra takes his leave shortly after and made his way back to the starboard crew quarters. There was a new shift of workers up for the day and the ship was starting to bustle again.
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum