The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent, or be an evil tyrant. Wreck havoc and bring chaos to our world, or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Boston Quest: Making a Fox Cry
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeToday at 8:03 pm by Seeks

» Silent swordplay (closed)
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:24 pm by RoyalAurelius

» The Snaring Joke
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:07 pm by Seeks

» Hello!
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:24 am by Sergueï

» Sergueï Mikhaïlkov
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 8:40 pm by Sergueï

» Fixing a vampiric mistake. (Closed)
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:09 am by Shadowoof

» More than meets the eye (Woof)
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:48 am by Shadowoof

» All Hail King Isroh
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2021, 10:35 pm by Samael Christensen

» Jacking up the Past
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2021, 9:21 pm by Katrina A. Russel

» The Blood Moon
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2021, 3:58 pm by Demonhunter

» Who Saves The "Saved"? (Vexx)
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2021, 3:12 am by Demonhunter

» One way vacation
The Show Must Go On! I_icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2021, 1:27 am by Demonhunter

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2021 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Show Must Go On!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY The Show Must Go On!

Post by Vorik July 13th 2021, 2:13 am

Author Note- Here is some nice music to help with the atmosphere while reading!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OHgjeZNUdM

Deep beneath the streets of Boston, buried and concealed under sewer channels, piping, and stone, a man in a white mask walked through stark white halls. In one hand he held a bundle of folders and in the other, an empty beaker. While his mask had the expression of painful rejection, his own face was stiff and expressionless as he marched down the various same halls of sterility. Finally, after several junctions, he entered a door marked "A3-C CHEMICAL COMPOUND ANALYSIS".

A3-C was lined with various see-through vacuum tubes and large oil drum-sized containers of various chemicals. Hydrated ferrous sulfate, Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane, Ethyl ether, a countless number of these drums as they slowly moved up and down on vertical conveyor belts mounted on the walls.  He paid no mind to any of this as he sat at a table outfitted with heavy machinery. He thumbed through his folder pulling out several pages, arranging them to form a much larger schematic for his latest design.

His cold eyes stared at the various equations and theorem as if hoping to find a string to pull, some minor error that would turn this new creation into a failure.  Several minutes passed as he visually tore into the schematic before he gave an unnatural smile behind his mask.

Not pausing to celebrate his calculations he spun his chair around and began outfitting the giant machine, connecting its intake ports to the numerous vacuum tubing. He places the beaker inside the machine and closed the hatch, turning the machine on with a loud hum.

The man in the white mask suddenly collapsed at the table, head rocking back as the swivel chair lazily moved. Seven rooms away a woman in a white mask showing blissful glee looked up from her desk. She stared at the multitude of T.V. screens that covered the walls.  Each screen showed various disasters happening all around the world. Natural disasters, riots, high-speed chases, murderers, supervillains duking it out with heroes. There was not a single good image amongst what lined these walls. She slowly and methodically observed each screen, taking note of the horrible events that were happening. The ones with people crying were the ones she stared at the longest. Hours passed as she looked off at what the world really was before she collapsed in her chair and stared off with cold dead eyes.

The masked man rose from his crumpled form as the large machine stopped. He pressed a button and brought up the various details of what sort of chemical reaction just occurred and smile that unnatural smile.

'143 failures.' He mused to himself as he reread the readouts.

'Only 143 failure to do what most consider impossible but I have done it.' He shook his head from these thoughts. It wouldn't help anything for him to start gloating and develop a superiority complex. Besides...It won't make him feel happy again. He looked back to the vial of golden-hued smoke. 'But this...This will. I just need to test it on a wide range of people and refine it.'

His mind raced with various ideas of how to get a large number of test subjects on such short notice. He couldn't test the chemical on his false bodies, there wasn't anyone actually there to react. Kidnapping is an option but that would attract far too much attention to get the number he needed. Eventually, he settled for creating some type of event where the subjects willingly come, not knowing what the actual experiment was. That only left the question of what do people go to see?

The Show Must Go On! Boston11

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t12166-danger-dan

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t12265-the-janitor#125741

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t12322-terry-white#125992
Vorik
Vorik
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2019-09-15

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum