The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Myths and Monsters Results I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Myths and Monsters Results I_vote_lcapMyths and Monsters Results I_voting_barMyths and Monsters Results I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Myths and Monsters Results I_vote_lcapMyths and Monsters Results I_voting_barMyths and Monsters Results I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Myths and Monsters Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Myths and Monsters Results Empty Myths and Monsters Results

Post by Zonkes May 11th 2021, 10:51 pm

Character Creation Contest

THEME: Myths and Monsters

WINNERS

1st Place: Zonkes

Score: 67

Scores

Chelle: 35

Tea: 32

Comments

Chelle: I personally enjoy dual personality characters, so seeing this from you was an exciting read, Zonkes! Always a pleasure to see what your mind has created for us today. Your looks description mentions red streaks in Nuada's hair, while in the main dossier you have it as green streaks in his hair. I understand th sudden change of color, but I felt that little mistake was something easily overlooked, so I don't hold it against you. Just wanted to point it out. I enjoy the nod to the actual Gaelic gods and Celtic mythology. Good word. Well done, as usual. (:

Tea: OH MAH GOSH! It took me a bit to look up these wild ass guys but now I remember learning about them, damn mythology sounded more like some kind of Sci-fi story then a mythology. Love the use of them in this as they are so uncommon and this had plenty of detail on it. I do have very little issues regarding this sheet and just am stoked you brought these guys in. Plus the sheet pretty!

Prize

Ghost Slot*
200 flat XP

2nd Place: Nate6595

Score: 64

Scores

Chelle: 35

Tea: 29

Comments

Chelle: The visual description that you painted for me in the looks category makes this app a pleasure alone. I wish we knew more about her, and that you gave us a more recent history in our universe for her, but I'll take what I can get. The powers are interesting. I like the fact that the fire isn't exactly... fire. That it's just a sap sort of ability. It makes for great interactions later in RP scenarios. Great application, as always. (:

Tea: Super cool but wasn't sure what to expect with the history, nothing solid didn't give me much connection but this sounds like such a fun character! Super normal-human acting not so normal person. Also love that its such an uncommon sort of myth/monster.

Prize

Ghost Slot*
150 flat XP

3rd Place: Rorking

Score: 54

Scores

Chelle: 26

Tea: 27

Comments

Chelle: Recycling a greek god is not always executed effectively, but I feel this character has a sort of niche quality to it. A lot of run on sentences, and lacking a lot of punctuation. As pretty as the background is, the contrast made it a little difficult to read for me (I understand Jax had no issues at all). I would have liked to read a bit more about Pan, and how Pan is a part of him now. I feel the history doesn't allude to that enough. This is an all around nice character application. Well done.

Tea: Love it! So loved the graphics of it, the colors chosen made it easy to read and the background fit nice overall and wasnt distracting in any way. I had problems with how it felt a bit rushed as a good amount of detail could have been filled in. But buddy, I had a blast when I was starting to understand what you where doing and I love this idea especially for a dual personality character, super cool!

Prize

Ghost Slot*
100 flat XP

Honorable Mentions

4th Place: Vexus

Score:50

Scores

Chelle: 28

Tea: 22

Comments

Chelle: You've created the end all boss for the universe, Vexus. This is definitely a myth and a monster, so I gotta give you that. This is an entity that I would never want to cross paths with. The sheer thought of having my thoughts changed on a whim makes me scared! But, all that aside, this is a well rounded application! Always a pleasure to read your creations. I would find it hard to role play as this type of character, personally. And I'm afraid I would never allow it as a playable character. Bravo!

Tea: I can commend the attempt of trying this out, it's a rather bold move. However I have several major problems with this. First of all there is multiple sorts of contraversies in the sheet, sure they go beyond concept but there is stuff that lacks sense, the 'Big Bang' from my memory is the start of the universe, but from there it appears to be just the start of a fresh start for humans sorta kinda maybe. In the sheet itself it describes what they look like to gods, first saying biblical but then switching to an impossible shape the next senteance, its rather confusing there. Most importantly, I would not allow this in a story. It is a being that acts beyond human conception, it is impossible to play with reliability, alongside the ability to dictate events and raw reality manipulation beyond any other reality manipulation(meaning any way or form of weakness is mute), that means nothing anyone does is what they want, Ambrosia decided it and will continue to decide for them, and if they try something it doesnt like they can't do that. I wouldn't want to write in a setting where this thing existed.

Prize

50 flat XP

5th Place: Woof

Score: 46

Scores

Chelle: 23

Tea: 23

Comments

Chelle: The story of Rumplestiltskin is definitely one that most children are familiar with, especially if they've seen a lot of the classic fair tale movies. Your take on him is almost straight from the Grimm lore, with a bit of a twist on the history. It's not a bad idea to take, but I would expect it to have been as if it were a reincarnation of Rumplestiltskin's powers, or a manifestation that brings him back so that someone could use his powers. But, instead, we kind of just get the character. Not complaining. It's a nice application, and I found the history quite a nice read. Just, not a very original concept, in my opinion. Good job, either way, Woof! Smile

Tea: So direct fairytale rip for some parts, not sure if the history is but somehow it binds real well with the rest of it. This man is an almost god like being with solid limits and a goal of causing chaos which could get so many stories spinning, seems fun and I could even see this being used which is cool

Prize

50 flat XP

6th Place: Andrew

Score:35

Scores

Chelle: 19

Tea: 16

Comments

Chelle: Medusa is actually a very interesting mythological figure to introduce to the SHRP universe. I'm always down for more reptilian heroes. Your history, however, feels a bit lacking. The first person approach is what breaks it, for me. I feel like it could have been a bit better had you perhaps started it with a bit of 3rd person omniscient, and moved to first person conversation. I'll have to agree with Jackson. The history as it is lacks a lot of vital information. You do gloss over that your character is the daugher of Aries, which is the son of Zeus and Hera, so that makes her a very vital figure in Olympus, so with deductive reasoning we would assume she undergoes training, and etc. But the lack of information is almost too lacking, if you understand. Especially for a character with such levels of power.

Tea: I'm sorry, this was quite hard to read. Multiple errors in sentence structure, kinda felt fairly basic in terms of abilities but with a mix of the crazy speed and the eye stone I wouldn't be able to approve the character either. Finally I heavily advise going away from first person backgrounds, it was hard to understand and I left without much detail at all. Best of luck for next time though.

Prize

50 flat XP

*A ghost slot is a character slot that you gain temporarily to allow one more character to your roster. Once you choose to retire a character, you lose that slot. You do not gain a permanent character slot.

Congratulations, everyone!

Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top