The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Drake Delores
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2024, 11:34 am by ghost

» Playing With Metal
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» Beholder of the eyes
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 12:22 am by Vorik

» When the Wind Goes
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeFebruary 23rd 2024, 12:58 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Hero By Day
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

» EXCALIBYTE
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

» Pizza Man
The Tides of April I_icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2024, 5:43 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Tides of April

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY The Tides of April

Post by Zonkes April 2nd 2020, 9:09 pm

Three Weeks Ago

Joonas Pietarinen was working through the icy Finnish sea, he had to chop away at some of the ice so that the ships nets didn't get stuck when they were dragged through the water trying to get the most fish possible. "*I can't believe we're doing this so early into the year." Joonas said, shoving the 12 foot long stick into the ice and pulling it back so he could create another strike. "*Do the fish even come out at this time of year?" Joonas asked, and his coworker Eeli laughed and said. "*Sometimes I wonder if the boss is looking for fish at all. This is one of the worst fishing areas in the entire Baltic sea." Joonas looked into the deep black water and for a moment, he thought he saw something. Something large.

Joonas looked to Eeli and pointed into the water. "*You saw that, right?" Eeli nodded. "*We should warn the captain." But the boat lurched, and the nets snapped. That's when they heard it. It was like a whales call mixed with a lions roar and a jet turbine. It sounded both hurt, angry, and hungry. It sounded like it wanted them dead. The captain laughed from his area and swung open the door. "*We're in the shit now, boys! If we survive, we'll be rich beyond our wildest dreams!"

Now

Dean Deluge sank to the bottom of the ocean and began examining the wreckage. One survivor. A surface dweller named Nestori had started telling tales of the biggest fish he had ever seen. Dean knew better though. This wasn't just a big fucking fish. This was a creature that he had heard of in bible church while he was a youthful little brat. "Leviathan..." He said, crunching the metal. He sighed, and swung his spear deep into the water. He gathered up what was left of the corpses of the crew, and dragged them to the surface. It was the least he could do for their families, quite literally.

He stood on the beach and watched the waves for a bit. It wasn't often he was able to just sit on the surface and enjoy breathing the air for a bit. He almost forgot what it felt like. He decided to lay in the sand, and allow the water to meet him. He needed this. If even just for a moment.

Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: The Tides of April

Post by Cerek April 12th 2020, 10:49 pm

Erum was not what you would call a mariner, an odd thing seeing as he had taken on a hunt of some aquatic nature... If in fact this was a legitimate hunt and not some wild mythical goose chase. He had heard the rumors of sea monsters and desired a trophy to bring back home and lay another title to his name. The eight foot Fenris-Ulfr wolf was well armed for a hunt as well, making sure to bring some first aid this time. Grimstrike was eager as well to seer fish flesh, the incessant warmth was a reminder of it's hunger. The ax hung on Erum's side attached to a hefty belt, he also came bearing a longbow that looked straight out of a medieval Welsh bowyer on his back attached to a quiver and sash.

What an odd sight to come across, a human or seemingly so. Surrounded by dead humans he sat there and Erum couldn't help but wonder if he was this creature he hunted. Likely not, Erum deduced that he hauled the bodies from the water but knew nothing more. He approached the human with a little less than caution not even trying to be stealthy. His nose definitely picked up a strong fish scent and not just because he was near water, could it be him? Regardless Erum could use some information and was curius what the story was with the bodies on shore.

"Hail stranger! A word if you have a moment. I seek some information on these lands."
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Ho ho ho to the bottle I go! To heal my heart and drown my woes

Number of posts : 619
Humor : In good balance
Registration date : 2017-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes April 21st 2020, 1:23 am

Dean had been sitting there for some time before a very tall stranger approached him. Dean was hesitant to respond, and he felt around the sand for his trident. He thought about it for a while, before standing up, leaving his weapon in the sand.

Dean nodded. "Unfortunately, the best information I can give is severely outdated." He said, raising his hand to hail the tall one back. "But I am sure that the people of this land will have built some sort of information complex at this time."

Dean nodded toward the ocean. "I'm afraid that something is lurking in the waves, so I must insist you do not swim."
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerek April 24th 2020, 2:05 pm

Erum grinned a very toothy grin in that large maw of his at the mention of sea monster. It seems that his time rumor hunting wasn't spent after all, he couldn't help but wonder however what exactly was this mans relation to the problematic monster that now stalks these waters. Such questions would have to wait however as Erum was far more curious about the bodies, he lumbered over and knelt down before one of them giving it a good whiff followed by a snort of confusion. He turned his head towards the man "I'm not here for dip in the waters, I come for the head of the creature that preys in this area on ships. I am Erum of the pack Wallenstein hailing from the Hamaar mountains."
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes June 1st 2020, 11:57 am

Dean stared at the man sniffing the corpses. Was this a new human custom he was unattuned to? He shuddered, not even wanting to imagine what the bloated corpses would smell like up close. It was bad enough when they were at this distance, but to sniff them? That just seemed… Ill advised.

Dean was about to object, when the man looked to him. Pack? Like a wolf? Suddenly, memories of his mother’s ghost stories were sent whistling back through his mind, and he saw his face, previously something that Dean hadn’t paid attention to. He saw a lupine grin staring back at him. “You’re a werewolf, aren’t you?” Dean said, raising his weapon. “What business have you with the leviathan?”

The waves crashed behind him as he stood there, ready to defend himself if the apparent shifter decided to take a stance against him. He had heard stories of the wolfman, both in his youth and in his brief exodus’s to land. But to possibly have one in front of him… bothered him. They were supposed to be bloodthirsty monsters, right? So why then hadn’t this one attacked? Was he acting rashly?
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerek July 3rd 2020, 9:29 pm

Erum should think it obvious that he was no werewolf, there was nay a bit oh men in his blood for he was all wolf. That he stood as men do may have confounded the seafaring man, but it was common place for many creatures to walk up straight. Furthermore he seemed to issue challenge to Erum, out of some fear it seemed. The eight foot Norse wolf did not take challenges lightly. Whatever the reason the man raised his blade Erum was of no mind to engage in a duel when the hunt was on. Grimstrike was hungry though as hot sparks nipped at Erums hand like hound barely tethered to the leash.

"My business?" As his paw tenderly slid along the ax's shaft embracing the sting of the flame like soothing water. "I have come for the only true purpose of monster hunting! I have come for the glory of the hunt wee man. I will see the beast laid low before me and from it's flesh it's heart be hacked and made trophy... This is why I have come." Erum was well spoken for his kind, due to the extensive time learning human customs at the hands of an old friend.
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes November 29th 2020, 6:49 pm

Dean nodded and lowered the trident. "I see." He looked closer at the man. The creature before him was neither man, nor fully wolf. He seemed to be a mix of both without being either. He walked like a man, but looked more like a wolf. "So we are here under the same pretenses." Said Dean, mimicking an old commander of his.

The waters gentle waves began to churn violently. "Leviathan is a threat to the people of this town, and I assume that of your people as well. This is one of the three biblical beasts. A being older than creation." A black and cyan fin the size of a small cruiseliner rose from the water.

"Hope you're ready."

The waves exploded and a serpent the size of a skyscraper rose from the water and let loose a leonin roar.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonflight021 December 4th 2020, 12:01 pm

"Holy shit!" A new voice said from behind the pair, a little ways back from where the sea met the sand. A young girl stood gawking, clad in a white costume and helmet.

"That's a big snake... are we here to fight it?" Aisha asked cautiously, sprinting over to the pair with a long-legged gait.
Moonflight021
Moonflight021

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2020-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerek February 26th 2021, 11:20 am

The old wolf cocked an eyebrow and nodded, noticing behind the fish man the churning waves beating the shoreline. His ears twitched at the sound of approaching feet and soon the loud voice that shouted. He turned to see some lass, it was starting to get crowded on this beachline and so naturally the beast chose to strike now. Erum drew and brandished Grimstrike the fire biter, a wisp of flame twirled from the edge as it's hunger was awakened.

Erum turned his head towards the woman and furrowed his brow. "We?" Though he had little time to protest any additional hunters as the game was ready to fight.
Cerek
Cerek
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content