The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Best Party in New York
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:44 pm by Fae7

» Kade
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:57 pm by inquisitor

» [ALERT Side-Story] Home Is Where The (Undying) Heart Is [Invites Closed]
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:06 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:44 am by Tybrid

» The VVitch
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 10:23 pm by Demonhunter

» Urban Exploration
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 5:11 pm by ProwlerKnight

» Stans in Umbra Mortis
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 4:54 am by Arcana

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 3:24 pm by Hyperion

» Assassin in a Classroom
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 12:36 am by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 10:14 pm by Tybrid

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 5:08 pm by ghost

» Green Ranger
Tenebrios I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 2:17 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Tenebrios

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tenebrios Empty Tenebrios

Post by The Nekromonga November 10th 2019, 10:22 am

TENEBRIOS

"My job is keeping your ass live. I'll beat that hero up for a price."

The Bio

Villain Name: Tenebrios
Title: Fuggen hard to kill
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Race: Tenebrite
Hair: dyed red
Eyes: #0000
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 190 lbs
Blood type:

The Looks

Tenebrios Yeon-hyuk-choi-41

Alien that happens to look mostly human with some pointy ears, pale skin and pitch black eyes. Rocks a badass suit of pitch black armor that almost hurts to look at.

The Personality

Essentially a thriving adult working in her dream career, Meg lives in the moment, day-to-day, enjoying all the creature comforts earth has to offer. She's been stranded on Earth for close to a century and hasn't wasted a day angsting, instead making the most of her situation. She is drawn to conflict and material wealth, and Earth has much to offer- she particularly enjoys testing her skill against metahumans, considering them the greatest challenge this planet has to offer. She is not interested in grand conquest or genocide or destruction - though usually it is the villains of the world that offers an abundance of what she seeks.
     That said, Meg has something resembling a warrior's honor code - she does not engage in reckless slaughter of innocents or defenseless, and neither is she fond of seriously hurting young metahumans, considering it akin to hunting young game - better to let them grow and pose a real challenge. Neither is she fond of wanton destruction of the environment, as a compromised ecosystem might cause people to stop fighting and actually focus on fixing their world!

The Story

Megaera Tenebros, as she calls herself, hails from another planet within the galactic cluster. Tenebros, as she describes, was a world of perpetual twilight and night, where the local flora and fauna were all trying to kill you, inter-clan warfare was constant, and  the dominant species of their planet are a race of intelligent, psychic, social spiders. Said social spiders’ lowly drones were more dangerous than a fully grown Teneb warrior, and their warrior breeds were boogeymen made to scare misbehaving children.

The Teneb had developed (with help from certain higher beings fond of genetic engineering) advanced space flight to leave their world, and found that fighting anything and anyone else was much easier and allowed for their people to grow and develop a reputation as highly effective fighters – and as conquerors. Over time, finding allies and slaves let them eventually re-establish their presence of their world... but never quite yet wiping out the spiders, instead settling in the most arid, resource deprived environments where the arachnids cared not to live. In a sort of ecological equilibrium, learning to survive on their world bred the kind of warrior the galactic scene needed, and Megaera was born into this system.

Meg lived, grew up and survived the system, but rather than being sent off to an active warzone, decided to take the explorer’s route, and happened on a small blue planet filled with a different kind of dangerous game. Unfortunately when she entered earth’s atmosphere, it was over the Battle of Midway in World War 2, and the Americans filled the air with so much ordinance her ship crashed in the Bornean jungle. Stranded, Meg found a world driven constantly by conflict… and she’s been living comfortably as a hired bodyguard since.

Some time during the Vietnam war, she lost her Tenebrite Klaive, a collapsible-adjustible-staff-sword-spear thing that is the closest thing she has to a holy relic. Finding it has been a priority of hers 60% of the time.

The Priority

1. Agility 4
2. Endurance 1
3. Reaction 3
4. Strength 2

The Powers

Super Strength – Flipping cars and trucks with one hand and the like, Meg’s species can exert immense strength above standard humans. She can lift weights in the range of 40-50 tons, handling at the heaviest small planes and tanks, ripping apart thick steel or punching through concrete through repeated effort. Normal humans are squishy meatbags.

Super Speed - Living on a deathworld, the slow die out quickly. Meg can huff it to up to 100 kph and keep crusing at that speed for hours, and her personal movements take extreme reflexes to follow.

Super Toughness – Extreme toughness and adaptability to both harsh environments and battle damage, Meg can sustain immense amounts of punishment. Meg can shrug off human armaments and low-grade ordinance, though their more destructive toys can put a dent in her. Laser and plasma weaponry are where problems start to arise. Also, toughness does not entail stability, as most forces can send her ragdolling when she has insufficient bracing.

Combat Master – Hailing from an aggressive and war-like civilization that still lives of a death world, Megaera is learned in all manner of armed combat and strategy, her reflexes honed from a lifetime of survival and conquest. She is proficient with firearms, but very much prefers her Tenebrite weaponry, or her bare hands.

Nocturnal Senses – Excels at hunting in the dark, able to perceive the infrared spectrum and detect living things by their heat signatures. This sense relies on her eyes.

Healing Factor - She can regenerate damaged or destroyed bodily tissue with far greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. She can regenerate from even injured tissue, brain cells (nerves), missing limbs and organs. Gunshot and stab wounds, cuts, and broken bones can perfectly heal in a few minutes.

The Weaknesses

Heat Vulnerability (plus Pyrophobia) – Having evolved on a cold, dark world, Meg is far more vulnerable to heat based or fire based attacks, her durability not fully applying against them and the pain of such attacks is more pronounced. Also, while being near a large flame or surrounded by it, Meg cannot fight as effectively, focused on defense and escape.

Conscious regeneration - The process of regeneration generates large amounts of painful heat, and Meg cannot do anything else while she uses her healing factor.

(Earth) Spider Poison vulnerability - Back home Meg’s race lived in fear of the apex predators, a race of highly intelligent, social, hivemind spiders that could kill a Tenebrite in the blink of an eye. Meg suffers severe allergic reactions when bitten by earth spiders, the venom reacting badly with the engineered resistance they've evolved against the species on their homeworld.  

Light and light based abilities (plus photophobia) – The humble flashbang is one of the most painful objects Megaera has ever encountered, and utterly detests anyone who uses them. Even directly being shone by a spotlight can cause her problems. Megaera lived on a world of perpetual twilight and night, and must wear very thick glasses and clothing to function in normal earth society, as exposure to UV radiation burns her exposed skin . The lenses of her combat suit negate most light, but strong flashes from even phones will make cause her acute pain. While helmeted.

Holy energy or holy objects – Items made from angelic steel or of divine origin cause Tenebrites pain in the same way they would demons.  

Iron – Pure Iron objects of sufficient quantity holds her at bay, as exposure to the substance causes nausea in Meg, and even causes her Tenebrite equipment to malfunction as if struck by an EMP.

magic weapons - Magical weapons bypass Tenebrite durability, a final curse on the entire race stemming from a rocky relationship with their former "gods".

mental psionics / magics - Tenebrites are particularly susceptible to mind-affecting powers, magical or psionic in nature, as vulnerable as normal humans.

The Items

Tenebrite Armor - Augments the wearer’s already prodigious toughness, but serving a more important function of protecting them from light. It also features internal sound and light dampeners, making the wearer almost effectively invisible in shadowy conditions or darkness. Advanced alien technology allows it to swiftly assemble from a necklace.

Fluff: The suit contains a rudimentary, voice-activated Tenbrite computer, which helps Meg with information storage and processing, linguistics, and interfacing with Tenebrite tech (of which her space ship she blew up in the 40's was the only example present on earth) and to a limited degree earth software. While It was sci-fi back in the 40's and 50's, modern technology has already caught up to much of its capabilities, with present super-computers already surpassing it.

weakness: while to the naked eye the suit is pitch black, on the infrared spectrum or with UV light the suit sticks out like a sore thumb, lined with intricate white markings and a grinning white face. Among Tenebrites, and on their home planet, their armor is effectively "blinged out".

Fluff

Black Market Connections - A long mercenary career working alongside various warlords, despots, drug cartels and other unsavory characters allows Tenebrios access to a wide array of finance, armaments, items, information, services and the occasional favor. They are all very illegal but helps her get things done or just move around.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by The Nekromonga on November 12th 2019, 8:26 am; edited 12 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Tenebrios Empty Re: Tenebrios

Post by Thorgron November 10th 2019, 3:13 pm

Hey Nekro!
So miss space drow is going to need a little work before we get her approved.

First, her abilities need to be much better defined. “Mid-Tier metahuman” doesn’t actually mean anything and tells us nothing about the capabilities of her powers. To that end give us descriptions of how all of this stuff works. Predatory quickness over traditional super speed sounds cool but I didn’t know what it means since we don’t get any further description. The same goes for her vision, we know that she can see life forms, how does that work? How far? Does it work through walls, etc. This goes for her other abilities as well, we need an idea of what she can actually do, the more detail the better.

Second, we’ll need some better weaknesses. Weakness 1 and 2 are the same thing and in the second weakness you mention that her suit negates them. So she needs at least one more hard weakness and I’d prefer an additional weakness of some kind since her suit negates the light sensitivity.

Third and finally we need the abilities of her armor and weapons listed out just like with powers so that we have a better idea of the benefits they provide. And just like with powers her items need weaknesses. The same things I said above about power descriptions apply to the item’s abilities.

Make these changes and I’ll be happy to take a second look at the app!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Tenebrios Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron November 12th 2019, 8:36 am

Cool this looks good, approved!

Tenebrios Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum