The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_vote_lcapJoe Tezuka - Grav I_voting_barJoe Tezuka - Grav I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Joe Tezuka - Grav I_vote_lcapJoe Tezuka - Grav I_voting_barJoe Tezuka - Grav I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Joe Tezuka - Grav

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Joe Tezuka - Grav Empty Joe Tezuka - Grav

Post by Phreeze March 24th 2019, 12:53 pm

JOE TEZUKA

"Am I really cut out for all this..?"

The Bio

Hero Name: Grav
Title: None
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human, Caucasian
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 155 lbs
Blood type: AB-

The Looks

Joe is a lanky fellow. At six feet with no real combat or endurance training, but able to move with a little more ease due to his light weight, this toe headed newcomer tends to give off the air of weakness and awkwardness. He's often picked out as the weakest link as a result. With a wide nose, and a rutty complexion, Joe can't always be seen as intimidating, given his thin figure. Joe's facial hair has yet to start fully growing, and thus, he's often clean shaved, looking a little younger than he actually is. Joe's eyes aren't a dark blue either, they're abnormally bright, more reason to be singled out. Often, though, Joe dresses well enough. Flannel shirts, dark jeans, and converse are his go-to for any situation, but when suited up, he takes on a homebrew superhero suit. A long, old coat, sweatpants, and a single, hand-sewn mask, Joe's suit is nothing short of absolutely shabby. He's definitely overdue for an official suit, but lacks the patience, funds, or knowledge to fully realize this dream.

The Personality

Shut in, reclusive, and unsure of himself, Joe is always at odds with his own capabilities. Raised in a sheltered lifestyle, pampered and given what he wanted, but soon having it all taken and given back through the course of his life, Joe never really knew what was permanent or what was going to be gone. Taught to savor the moment, Joe is very emotional, and incredibly personal with just about anything in life. Naive to a fault, he often finds himself trusting easily, or at least, getting to be friends with others far faster than normal folks would. That isn't to say he can tell who is a true friend and who'll make fun of him behind his back. Wearing his heart on his sleeve, and having a lot to say, Joe never really had friends, and thus, had little practice socializing. As a result, he tends to ramble, and when not rambling, tends to be unsure how, when, where, and what to talk about and with who. Quick to assume, and draw conclusions, he'll find himself swiftly interrupting others to act as though he knows where the conversation is headed. Nine times out of ten, he doesn't. Joe's simplicity and black-or-white sense of self tends to lead to coming off almost like a little brother.

The Story

Joe grew up shifting between lower class and upper middle class in the United States. From the start, he'd been capable of wielding the powers he has today, but the gestation period to realize these strengths far outshone any other Always a recluse, and raised by a former scientist for a large metallurgist industry, Joe had both parents going in and out of the household, as well as most of the luxuries or pain of each. It wasn't until Joe turned nineteen that he discovered his powers to manipulate vector currents. With this knowledge in his pocket, Joe took to getting his father to help him build a suit, only to have him turn down the idea of putting his son in danger. His mother stepped in, and with a bit of a hodgepodge effort, built him a suit that could at least conceal his identity.

Now Joe uses his newfound powers to try and do good, to bring some justice to a world he views as dangerous and broken.

The Priority

1. Agility
2. Reaction
3. Strength
4. Endurance

The Powers

Vector Redirection - In a consistent, five foot radius around Joe, all vectors are perceived and fall immediately under his partial control, even his own. Using latent psionic power, Joe can redirect, add, and subtract a great deal of force from any given object. While not capable of fully stopping bullets, trains, or cars instantly, hand to hand combat is a cinch for him, while stopping larger objects becomes a bit more effort-inclined. This also allows him to move, and launch static objects, which requires a greater deal of effort. The only feasible combat application for this power would be to launch small objects, like the marbles he carries around, at his foes, or to redirect bullets. The effort exerted onto himself is five times as great, and Joe even uses this to fly, or to increase his movement speed or striking power. The effected area of his Vector manipulation will spark with blue electrical arcs. Harmless in their own right, it's a dead giveaway of where he's using his powers.

The Weaknesses

Not Superhuman - Joe's lack of any superhuman traits aside from his ability to redirect vector currents means he's incredibly frail compared to most heroes.

Surprise Attacks - While Joe can sense vectors in that radius around him, it doesn't mean he's omnipresent. He lacks supernatural situational awareness, and his lack of training means he can be ambushed.

Poor Power Handling - Joe is very new to handling his powers, and hasn't quite gotten a grasp on how to fully realize his potential. His power is often limited, but when pushed, can briefly push himself to his theoretical limits. Not without taxing himself greatly though.

The Items

Bag of Marbles - His signature "weapon", if you can even call it that. Joe uses a bag of marbles to launch at his foes using his vector redirection abilities, adding intense force to them. While not fatal unless shot at the eyes, nose, or mouth, they're definitely incapacitating to the average person. They are marbles, however, and don't exactly have lots of durability.

Application Template created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Phreeze
Phreeze

Quote : Life's like a business. Defeat your enemies by putting said enemies on your payroll, or beat the snot out of them and get arrested, charged with assault, and locked away for a few years.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 22
Job : Fast Food Slave- I MEAN Insider.
Humor : Usually dark and gritty, also a fan of lighter humor.
Registration date : 2017-02-20

Back to top Go down

Joe Tezuka - Grav Empty Re: Joe Tezuka - Grav

Post by Silus March 24th 2019, 8:19 pm

A new Hero from the woodwork. Lets see if you can keep your marbles in this crazy world. Approved until stated otherwise!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum